How does Cena do it? - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-25-2012, 01:51 PM   #81 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: like a bitch
Posts: 2,959
Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu Rayfu
Default Re: cena does it again

Quote:
Second, you did not get what I was saying, they all did it, yes, chants are a part of a wrestling character. They did it to get over most of the times, what I am saying is that the Rock, did kiss ass, but it's not the only thing he did to get over.
But Cena dont just do that, he also dose other things, YOU dont like him, it dont mean he is not ovewr with kids and females.

He IS over, be it as a face or what not pepole do care and thats his job.

Quote:
Not just make him use every bit of propaganda outside kayfabe to get his ass over. Not just that, Yes chant go over? Use it next week, Zack Ryder is over? Use him to get over. Oh it's cancer awareness month? Make sure Cena is the only one to wear a shirt, because he's the only one who cares. Get it?
I could do the same thing for the rock, name one other thing the rock did to get over?

Quote:
Propaganda, pondering to the crowds, all of his "promos" have it. He's a walking merchandise outlet. Who else needed that to get over?
Rock.

Quote:
He's a freaking babyface posterboy for this era, and 50/50 with the crowds? You know something is wrong
Yeah the cword is up set that their era is gone and their time is gone so they hate the new one
its the "My genration is the best at evrything" syndrom

you go on these forums you will see
"Five moves of doom" Rock had it!
ass kissing the cword the rock did it!
onmly on top cause he makes wwe the most $$$, who is on top besides Cena? yep you guessed it the rock.

But since its when you watched its "okay" good and "diffrint" but its not its 100% the exact same.
Rayfu is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-25-2012, 01:52 PM   #82 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 253
moon25 is being a bitch
Default Re: cena does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
The better question is how can you claim that CM Punk has strong power backstage and when someone accuses Cena you reply that it's ridiculous to claim that because nobody here works backstage
I said Punk has backstage power as a reply to the OP who claimed that Cena uses politics to get his push, if really Cena uses politics to get pushed, then I don't know what the hell Punk uses to hold the title for more than 300 days, despite being a vanilla midget who can't draw.
The fact is I don't know both of them, and I don't now what they do backstage, but according to the OP's logic, punk must me kissing Vince's ass 24/7.
Please read the posts carefully before replying.
moon25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:53 PM   #83 (permalink)
Moron
 
Pro Royka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Pro Royka is being a bitch
Default Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taker2theMoon View Post
Taker got cheers even when he did the whole ministry thing. He was clearly heel and although he got some boos from (say) the casket match with the Rock, people still generally loved him. Now don't get me wrong I don't intend to even compare Cena to the Undertaker, but I just mean to give an example on how the crowd will even cheer on a heel.

As for everything else that you said, I don't necessarily hate Cena. Hate is pretty strong for me to use, but I also do not like Cena all that much. I think it would be interesting for Cena to make a turn to Heel for a while like Hogan did with the NWO. Hogan's abrupt change to a villain devastated his fans, but it was further character development. Like I said before I think Cena WANTS to change things up, but outside politics play into it in more ways than one. Cena is the face of the WWE whether we like it or not as long as the kids love him and it will also reflect positively on Linda McMahon's part in Senate.
It doesn't mean he was a successful heel. Heels should get mix reaction and mostly heat. I dont hate Cena the person, I hate the fact that he's over pushed and gets credit for everything. Him being a heel, makes it even more worst he will still be pushed to the moon. I don't like the way how Cena is everything in WWE, things should get back on truck when things were about more than one guy, back in the time it was about 5 or 6 guys being in the same position and getting the same booking and advertising. Cena gets the best booking, the most advertising, and the most hype or push. I don't hate him because he's a face it doent matter to me as long as everyone gets the same treatment and recognition. So it hurts because if Cena leaves the WWE, people will say that WWE is dead, and many say "Cena is WWE" so is that safe for the comapny. I think Cena is selfish and egotistical for not trying to put a talent over or trying to change WWE, it makes more sense than Punk doing it because he has the most power. There is so many guys that deserves the same treatment why there isn't 5 or 6 guys in the same position.
Pro Royka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:54 PM   #84 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
WWEfan4eva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 697
WWEfan4eva 50 - 100WWEfan4eva 50 - 100
Default Re: cena does it again

You guys don't like anything, Bitch this, Bitch that..Every Face do this
WWEfan4eva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 01:58 PM   #85 (permalink)
✶Little Dreamer✶
 
Calabrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 4,790
Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500
Default Re: cena does it again

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEfan4eva View Post
You guys don't like anything, Bitch this, Bitch that..Every Face do this
We wouldn't be fans if we didn't bitch about things. It's how we go about our concerns and opinions that matter.
Calabrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:01 PM   #86 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
the modern myth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Bournemouth
Posts: 8,861
the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000the modern myth 6501 - 7000
Default Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnmore View Post
He used Cancer as a means to get cheers. What a fucking miserable human being.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rockymark94 View Post
But even before he used cancer like at extreme rules this year against brock and two weeks ago in ontreal one of the smarkiest places
I think you guys are being too cynical about this. I certainly don't think that they're using Cancer to get cheers for Cena. I think that Cena is being used as the face of the campaign because he is the popular face of the WWE. Maybe the WWE is only endorsing the campaign for publicity but that isn't unique to the WWE - I'd bet the the majority of any companies who're backing and kind of charities are doing it mainly for the PR - and as long as they're spreading awareness and sending a positive message, I genuinely don't see the problem.
__________________
http://24.media.tumblr.com/tumblr_lt9zbhgZAW1qmssh1o1_400.jpg
the modern myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:04 PM   #87 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
Rocky Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,451
Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500
Default Re: cena does it again

if you believe that Rock needed pandering to the crowd in order to get over , then you're beyond delusional , and at this point you're schizophrenic

they started cheering for Rock ever since he was a heel in 1999 , hey used to shit all over them and they continued to cheer him and sing along with his catchphrases

did The Rock ever say shit like "Frezno is on Fire tonight" or did he ever compare a wrestling feud to a Basketball contract signing just to get the crowd sympathy ?

even if he did , he never needed it .. while Cena comes off as pathetic and shameless pandering

so please , save some face and don't compare Rock's automatic overness with the crowd in every state back in his prime with Cena's desperate shtick , that Montreal promo was brown nosing at it's best

the phrase "Finally .. The rock has come back to [inset city here]" is more of self gloating than pandering , it's like "Finally i'm gracing you all with my presence" , he used it first as a heel but the crowd loved it and he continued with it , what's the logic in stopping it ?

don't make yourself look like a dumbass by saying statements like this, next thing you'll say is that JR never wore a black hat
__________________
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers -- by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever."


- Warrior
Rocky Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:10 PM   #88 (permalink)
Moron
 
Pro Royka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Pro Royka is being a bitch
Default Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon25 View Post
If you cheer the heels, that means you're entertained by them, especially when it's Cena who so many fans hate him, his job is to entertain the fans at live shows or at home, as long as he brings the rating(which I'm sure if he turns heel the ratings go up)and reaction, he's doing his job.
And with all due respect, who gives a shit if you hate him or not? it's not like you're someone important.
Not gonna answer the ones that I already did. Trust me if you give Ryback the same oponents and everything else that Cena is been given, he will be a big draw, same thing goes to Punk, Barrett, Bryan, etc they will still get the same result as Cena or maybe even better except they may not pander to Cena level of kissing the kids asses. Give them the booking, credible opponents to defeat, and the same advertising and you will get the result.

Last edited by Pro Royka : 09-25-2012 at 02:17 PM.
Pro Royka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:11 PM   #89 (permalink)
✶Little Dreamer✶
 
Calabrose's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 4,790
Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500Calabrose 6001 - 6500
Default Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Royka View Post
It doesn't mean he was a successful heel. Heels should get mix reaction and mostly heat.
The Undertaker did get mixed reactions. People boo'd him for taking on all their heroes. The Undertaker just remains as one of the most popular wrestlers because of the depth and the impact of the story behind the metamorphosis of his character.

Quote:
I dont hate Cena the person, I hate the fact that he's over pushed and gets credit for everything. Him being a heel, makes it even more worst he will still be pushed to the moon. I don't like the way how Cena is everything in WWE,
He is over-pushed, yes, but it's because he's so well-received by the kids.

Quote:
things should get back on truck when things were about more than one guy, back in the time it was about 5 or 6 guys being in the same position and getting the same booking and advertising. Cena gets the best booking, the most advertising, and the most hype or push.
I think that things should be that way as well. Maybe once times change and the target audience finally gets tired of Cena, then other superstars will get more exposure.

Quote:
So it hurts because if Cena leaves the WWE, people will say that WWE is dead, and many say "Cena is WWE" so is that safe for the comapny.
Some people may say that, yes, but the WWE only cares about ratings and what the target audience wants. If WWE can hash out bigger and better things once Cena leaves, then who cares if people claim that WWE is dead?

Quote:
I think Cena is selfish and egotistical for not trying to put a talent over or trying to change WWE, it makes more sense than Punk doing it because he has the most power. There is so many guys that deserves the same treatment why there isn't 5 or 6 guys in the same position.
Again, I may be wrong, but although I agree that Cena IS everywhere and it's getting old for the older generations it isn't getting old for the kids of today and Vince sees that. The story-writers dictate what the characters do. The characters don't write themselves. Yes, again, there is a lot of talent waiting to burst out there, but John Cena isn't running a dictatorship backstage saying "Fuck you all I own this thing". If anything, Vince is the one saying "Fuck you, I own this thing, the kids love it, the kids and family-oriented audiences tune in and like it...I don't feel like changing things."

Last edited by Calabrose : 09-25-2012 at 02:15 PM.
Calabrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 02:21 PM   #90 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
fulcizombie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Athens, Greece
Posts: 1,565
fulcizombie 251 - 500fulcizombie 251 - 500fulcizombie 251 - 500fulcizombie 251 - 500fulcizombie 251 - 500
Default Re: How does Cena do it?

I am just glad that the days that cena was getting some mercy cheers after getting a beating from Lesnar are over and we are back to 70% of the audience booing him. The fact that he has to spend almost all of the time in his promo sucking up to the crowd just to get a few cheers speaks volumes. CMpunk is constantly insulting the crowd and is still cheered .
fulcizombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios