How does Cena do it? - Page 10 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #91 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 03:25 PM
Pirate Hooker
 
Calahart's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: California
Posts: 6,775
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by fulcizombie View Post
CMpunk is constantly insulting the crowd and is still cheered .
I dunno. Usually yeah he would get cheers regardless of his character turn, but he got boo'd pretty good for insulting the crowd last night.
Calahart is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #92 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 03:28 PM
red bull red edition
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 5,826
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
                     
Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
He is the master at turning crowds in his favor that's for sure lol. Sometimes he does it with his performance in a match (vs. Lesnar @ ER) but most times he does it, and I hate to say this because I'm a mark for the guy, but he does blatantly kiss ass. All this I don't care what you think of me, thank you for supporting breast cancer awareness/make a wish/our military/BA Star, I'm here every week, you can boo me or cheer for me I don't give a damn stuff that he peddles most nights makes it hard for people to boo him lol. I don't like it but I can see why he does it, it's because it works. It's like Eminem in 8 Mile almost. He comes out and addresses the fact that people boo him for x amount of reasons so it kind of takes the sting out of it when they do.
i usually disagree with your opinions, but completely agree here.
shutupchico is offline  
post #93 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 03:32 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: How does Cena do it?

I have no idea. I know he could never turn me in his favor during a promo, though. Not a mention of my town, not talking about fulfilling wishes or how awesome me and the crowd are. Don't know why people buy into his bullshit so easily. The guy has always been an ass-kisser of the highest degree and I say that as a fan. He was sucking up from way back in 2004 and it's only gotten worse with the more boos he's gotten.
Choke2Death is online now  
post #94 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 03:55 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Royka View Post
It doesn't mean he was a successful heel. Heels should get mix reaction and mostly heat. I dont hate Cena the person, I hate the fact that he's over pushed and gets credit for everything. Him being a heel, makes it even more worst he will still be pushed to the moon. I don't like the way how Cena is everything in WWE, things should get back on truck when things were about more than one guy, back in the time it was about 5 or 6 guys being in the same position and getting the same booking and advertising. Cena gets the best booking, the most advertising, and the most hype or push. I don't hate him because he's a face it doent matter to me as long as everyone gets the same treatment and recognition. So it hurts because if Cena leaves the WWE, people will say that WWE is dead, and many say "Cena is WWE" so is that safe for the comapny. I think Cena is selfish and egotistical for not trying to put a talent over or trying to change WWE, it makes more sense than Punk doing it because he has the most power. There is so many guys that deserves the same treatment why there isn't 5 or 6 guys in the same position.
As I said, as long as he's entertaining heel, then it doesn't matter if he got cheers or boos, people can cheer who they want, just like what today's fans are doing, cheering the heels even though they suck. Talking about Cena being over pushed while you're punk mark? Okay.
Cena has been given the worst storyline in WWE with Big Show ans big Johnny in WWE and other craps for almost a year, not to mention he hasn't been WWE champion for year now, not even competing in a championship match until the last two months, even the story with punk revolves mostly around punk rather than Cena, then how he's the most pushed guy, and how he's everything in WWE?
Back in the time WWE was about 5 or 6 guys, you're right, but they wasn't in the same position neither were they booked the same way, Austin wasn't the same as Foley or Taker, Austin wined most of the times, and when he was losing, it wasn't clean, not to mention he always was in the main event. You're talking about 5 or 6 guys as if this era is full of talented wrestlers, this era sucks because of lack of talent, Cena has nothing to do with it. Also Cena lost more clean than Hogan and Austin, I don't even remember when was the last time Cena won, oh yes, it was money in the bank which he unsuccessfully cashed in to be the first one who does that. The bottom line is Cena is the face of the company and he's getting the biggest push wether you like it or not, even though Hogan and Austin got more pushes than Cena. Talking about cena not putting any talent over while he was the reason that Punk in this position right now because he lost to him in many times and don't really remember Cena defeating Punk other than that irrelevant raw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Royka View Post
Not gonna answer the ones that I already did. Trust me if you give Ryback the same oponents and everything else that Cena is been given, he will be a big draw, same thing goes to Punk, Barrett, Bryan, etc they will still get the same result as Cena except they may not pander to Cena level of kissing the kids asses. Give them the booking, credible opponents to defeat, and the same advertising and you will get the result.
But punk received the biggest push for more than a year and he still can't draw, not to mention letting him to break kayfabe and shoot to the company to get over, also his recent storyline with Heyman and his usual sucking up to IWC, I don't know what Vince can do for this more to make him a draw.
moon25 is offline  
post #95 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:13 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 590
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
       
Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by moon25 View Post
As I said, as long as he's entertaining heel, then it doesn't matter if he got cheers or boos, people can cheer who they want, just like what today's fans are doing, cheering the heels even though they suck. Talking about Cena being over pushed while you're punk mark? Okay.
Cena has been given the worst storyline in WWE with Big Show ans big Johnny in WWE and other craps for almost a year, not to mention he hasn't been WWE champion for year now, not even competing in a championship match until the last two months, even the story with punk revolves mostly around punk rather than Cena, then how he's the most pushed guy, and how he's everything in WWE?
Back in the time WWE was about 5 or 6 guys, you're right, but they wasn't in the same position neither were they booked the same way, Austin wasn't the same as Foley or Taker, Austin wined most of the times, and when he was losing, it wasn't clean, not to mention he always was in the main event. You're talking about 5 or 6 guys as if this era is full of talented wrestlers, this era sucks because of lack of talent, Cena has nothing to do with it. Also Cena lost more clean than Hogan and Austin, I don't even remember when was the last time Cena won, oh yes, it was money in the bank which he unsuccessfully cashed in to be the first one who does that. The bottom line is Cena is the face of the company and he's getting the biggest push wether you like it or not, even though Hogan and Austin got more pushes than Cena. Talking about cena not putting any talent over while he was the reason that Punk in this position right now because he lost to him in many times and don't really remember Cena defeating Punk other than that irrelevant raw.



But punk received the biggest push for more than a year and he still can't draw, not to mention letting him to break kayfabe and shoot to the company to get over, also his recent storyline with Heyman and his usual sucking up to IWC, I don't know what Vince can do for this more to make him a draw.
I agree with some bits of this post, but I disagree, looking back in the years it appears to me that more new talent got a chance to sink or swim. WWE has some decent new talent this year, some of it has been ruined with subpar gimmicks (Brodus Clay and Anthony Cesaro), and others were pushed too far too soon (Kozlov, Mason Ryan, and countless others). Now there are two particular fresh talents that are being pushed with care (Ryback and Damien Sandow) and I'd consider them worthy of a future career in the business.

I can't say much about the ruthless aggression period or a bulk of the PG Era, I stopped watching around 2002-03 so my opinion may lack credential. This is why I tend to give more slack when judging these wrestlers, and honestly niether Damien or Ryback have shown enough to condemn them. Did Ryback botch onces? Yeah, but tell me a wrestler who hasn't? Did Damien Sandow take a bump on his knees? Yeah, who gives a fuck? Does Brodus Clay's intro go on for too long? You bet, and I think they fucked him up further by dancing with children after every match.

However the biggest problem is the booking.

Anyhow, back on point, I really hate John Cena's pandering, it really insults my intelligence. and as for Punk's push it's not really that strong of a push and I am positive he was moving merch more than Cena was back in 2011 which really pokes a hole in your argument.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2429...h-seller-new-1

The credibility of the article is in question, I personally have no proof to refute or confirm the claims however it is something. Stop acting like he's such a failure, he's an entertaining performer in the ring and on the mic. How anyone could defend Cena's attrocious selling, bumping and outright pandering is something i imagine is in the realm of madness.
Iormungand is offline  
post #96 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:24 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
RDEvans's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,833
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: How does Cena do it?

Didn't Alex Riley get depushed for confronting or something like that to John Cena because he was being a jerk?

Anyways I don't think WWE should use rise above *insert word* as his slogan he is asking to be booed. I disagree with Cena using the cancer thing to get cheers, I think it is a pathetic attempt to get the crowd to cheer you which is basically saying " if you boo me you like cancer" which is not true. In conclusion, using a gimmick such as make a wish or cancer just to get over with the fans or cheers is not the greatest thing to do for a company.

Now Cena needs a complete character change, he has done the same thing since 2006, but unfortunatly as long as the kids don't get tired of him and he keeps Mcmahon happy, I don't think we will see a character change for Cena.

Also why is Cena getting another title shot? He lost on RAW 1000, SS and NOTC. I think it is time for new blood to get their shot at the title not just Cena

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/B3fq89vIQAEnylR.jpg:large
RDEvans is offline  
post #97 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:29 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iormungand View Post
I agree with some bits of this post, but I disagree, looking back in the years it appears to me that more new talent got a chance to sink or swim. WWE has some decent new talent this year, some of it has been ruined with subpar gimmicks (Brodus Clay and Anthony Cesaro), and others were pushed too far too soon (Kozlov, Mason Ryan, and countless others). Now there are two particular fresh talents that are being pushed with care (Ryback and Damien Sandow) and I'd consider them worthy of a future career in the business.

I can't say much about the ruthless aggression period or a bulk of the PG Era, I stopped watching around 2002-03 so my opinion may lack credential. This is why I tend to give more slack when judging these wrestlers, and honestly niether Damien or Ryback have shown enough to condemn them. Did Ryback botch onces? Yeah, but tell me a wrestler who hasn't? Did Damien Sandow take a bump on his knees? Yeah, who gives a fuck? Does Brodus Clay's intro go on for too long? You bet, and I think they fucked him up further by dancing with children after every match.

However the biggest problem is the booking.

Anyhow, back on point, I really hate John Cena's pandering, it really insults my intelligence. and as for Punk's push it's not really that strong of a push and I am positive he was moving merch more than Cena was back in 2011 which really pokes a hole in your argument.

http://www.wrestlezone.com/news/2429...h-seller-new-1

The credibility of the article is in question, I personally have no proof to refute or confirm the claims however it is something. Stop acting like he's such a failure, he's an entertaining performer in the ring and on the mic. How anyone could defend Cena's attrocious selling, bumping and outright pandering is something i imagine is in the realm of madness.
As I said, pandering is part of Cena's job as a face, every face do that.
Punk really received strong push, I don't know what Vince can do for him besides shooting to the company and breaking kayfabe must of the times.
Punk outsold Cena in merch only once, he couldn't continue to do that, plus, he never was draw. I'm not saying he's failure because apparently he's not, but he certainly is over-pushed, he may be entertaining for you, but not for me nor the other audiences who tune out every time he appears.
moon25 is offline  
post #98 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:39 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: How does Cena do it?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RDEvans View Post
Didn't Alex Riley get depushed for confronting or something like that to John Cena because he was being a jerk?

Anyways I don't think WWE should use rise above *insert word* as his slogan he is asking to be booed. I disagree with Cena using the cancer thing to get cheers, I think it is a pathetic attempt to get the crowd to cheer you which is basically saying " if you boo me you like cancer" which is not true. In conclusion, using a gimmick such as make a wish or cancer just to get over with the fans or cheers is not the greatest thing to do for a company.

Now Cena needs a complete character change, he has done the same thing since 2006, but unfortunatly as long as the kids don't get tired of him and he keeps Mcmahon happy, I don't think we will see a character change for Cena.

Also why is Cena getting another title shot? He lost on RAW 1000, SS and NOTC. I think it is time for new blood to get their shot at the title not just Cena
"Rise Above Cancer" is a cheap way to help Linda's campaign more than being a way to get cheers for Cena, Cena is representing it because he's the face of the company, and Vince using Cena's character to help Linda's campaign, so I don't think his character is changing any time soon.
Getting someone depushed for being jerk is different than kissing Vinces ass to get a push.
moon25 is offline  
post #99 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:46 PM
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: US
Posts: 10,874
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
                     
Re: How does Cena do it?

My opinion:
John Cena hasn't stopped working super hard even though he has made it to the top. that's it. So many people will tell you otherwise, but their wrong. Foley made a good point by saying it isn't the title and how long you have it that matters, it's what you give the fans. CM Punk gives the fans 100% (though he kayfabe doesn't), so he'll be remembered. Mick Foley gave 100%, and he is definitely remembered (like he said only 29 days with the title). Cena still puts on excellent promos and matches though he is the top dog and could slack like a motherfucker.

Look at Miz after WM 27; he worked hard to get to the Main Event, and apparently stopped working hard once there. People boo cena for being repetitive, but the old saying, don't fix what isn't broken applies here. He puts out great matches despite not being a great wrestler. He puts out great promos despite not being the strongest on the mic. He consistently delivers when stuff is already given to him. People boo him but at the same time want to back him up.

Join the Greatest Group on WF: Cesaro World Order




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is offline  
post #100 of 147 (permalink) Old 09-25-2012, 04:49 PM
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Posts: 86
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: How does Cena do it?

Cena's just a walking, talking advertisement/propaganda machine. I mean this is a guy who says things like, 'I don't care what people think' yet he goes out of his way to pander to the crowd of every town that he's in, it's absolutely disgusting. CM Punk was right, Cena doesn't use Ruthless Aggression anymore. He uses Passive Aggression. You didn't see Stone Cold Steve Austin kissing the crowd's ass every time he went out there, or reminding people of the countless selfless deeds he does to help those in need. People just genuinely liked him. The same goes for The Rock. Cena, though, constantly tries to win the crowd over. Constantly tells us all how hard he works. Constantly berates us with his noble causes. He even tries to make the crowd gain SYMPATHY for him. I couldn't believe he tries the whole, 'My future in WWE is in jeopardy...I might not be coming back for a loong time...' which also reminded me of the night after he fought Brock Lesnar...'I'm gonna be leaving for a while, taking a short break...' then shows up the NIGHT AFTER Extreme Rules like nothing happened. Oh, what about that time when he was facing The Rock? 'If I lose to you at Wrestlemania 28...I LOSE EVERYTHING...' I'm still waiting to see what 'everything' means to Cena.

See, this is what Cena does. Unlike Steve Austin and The Rock who understood the crowd, who "naturally" drew cheers by letting the crowd be what they want to be, Cena uses these ridiculous manipulation tactics to try to elicit a response from the fans. He's been doing this for a while now, and it doesn't change because weak-minded adults and kids who don't know better actually gobble it up. That's all that is IMO....pure manipulation. I'm not gonna lie, there are times when I want to cheer him because of a promo he cuts, or something he says that sparks a reaction. But when he does things in a blatant attempt to get cheered, it's too much, man...
Naman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome