AJ came out to start the show and started to say something about delivering bad news before she was interrupted by CM Punk and Paul Heyman. Punk said the bad news is that Cena isnít in attendance which wasnít received very well by the crowd. Punk says Cena isnít here because he put him out of commission. Punk says that he now has the night off. AJ announces that Big Show will be taking Cenaís spot to face Punk. The crowd got to vote on the type of match: Best 2 of 3 falls or Lumberjack Match. They announce that if anyone wants a refund (because of no Cena) they can get it before the start of the second match.
1. Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara defeat The Miz and Tensai. Decent match but had some botched moves. Rey hit a double 619 on both Miz and Tensai and then Sin Cara hit a Senton on Tensai for the pin.
2. Rey Mysterio defeats The Miz (non title match). The Miz calls out Rey after saying he was never pinned in the last match. In a quick match, Rey hits the 619 and a splash and gets the pin.
3. Michael McGillicutty defeats Dean Ambrose. Crowd wasnít really into it. McGillicutty hit his finisher for the win.
4. Antonio Cesaro defeats Zack Ryder. This was probably the match of the night. Both wrestlers hit some big moves and Ryder was way over with the crowd. Ryder hit the Broski Boot but Cesaro kicked out. Cesaro hits his finisher for the pin.
5. Damien Sandow defeats Justin Gabriel. Sandow was getting a lot of heat while Gabriel got a decent pop. Sandow hit his Rude Awakening type finisher for the pin.
6. Eve defeats Layla with Aksana as guest referee. Pretty good crowd reaction for a Divas match. Crowd was going back and forth at one point cheering for each wrestler. Aksana got involved and stepped in front of Eve to defend her from Layla. Then Eve hit her finisher for the win.
7. Brodus Clay defeats Heath Slater. Big reception for Brodus and some good heat on Heath Slater. Normal Clay match that wasnít too long and he hit his splash for the win. A few kids got to go in the ring after to dance with Clay and the Funkadactyls.
8. Big Show defeats CM Punk by DQ in Lumberjack Match. Big Show comes out as a face and slaps the fans five. Punk comes out and says heís not wrestling and heads for the back but the face lumberjacks come out and make him go back to the ring. Match took forever to get going and was basically Punk running for his life for the first 10 minutes with some vicious chops by Big Show. Big Show hits the chokeslam at one point but Damien Sandow put Punkís foot on the bottom rope to save him. Big Show grabs Sandow and hits him with a headbutt and then takes out most of the heel lumberjacks. At that point all of the lumberjacks started fighting. Punk hits Show with the WWE title for the DQ. A few minutes later Big Show gets up and hits Punk with the WMD and leaves with Rey Mysterio and Sin Cara. Heyman gets in the ring and an ECW chant breaks out and Heyman tells the crowd not to live in the past. He places the title on an unconscious Punk and tells the crowd that Punk is still the WWE champion and the best in the world. Punk is dragged out of the arena by two workers to end the show.
Eve defeats Layla with Aksana as guest referee. Pretty good crowd reaction for a Divas match. Crowd was going back and forth at one point cheering for each wrestler. Aksana got involved and stepped in front of Eve to defend her from Layla. Then Eve hit her finisher for the win.
Good. Eve Torres push is working. She is keeping the title and the divas division relevant, people actually care.
I was at the house show on Friday night. It was mostly the same, except Heyman wasn't there and Layla faced Aksana. And the Clay/Slater match was actually pretty long, probably about 10 minutes. Zack Ryder got probably the biggest pop of the night, while CM Punk got the most heat.