I know WWE are trying to book him as a heel but when you look at it CM punks beefs and actions are fairly justified.
1. Even though he was WWE champion it was Cena was still main eventing and a champion would have every right to demand respect after having earned it like Punk has for holding the title for so many months.
2. He then attacked another heel in big show a few weeks ago and on today's raw was insulted by yet another heel Alberto del rio with the carboard box jibe.
3. Even when he attacked Jerry Lawler he was somewhat justified cus Lawler was being a disrespectful fool who instigated a fight backstage.
4. A heel would have attacked that ref for not seeing his foot on the rope but Punk was able to compose himself.
5. On top of all this the crowd are still cheering wildy for him as we saw tonight - WWE aren't getting the heat they want. Also he hasn't taken pot shots at the crowd either.
I really see him as a tweener and not a heel, does anyone else?
Its like with Cena, he isn't really a face because he gets booed so much he is pretty much a heel. The only time Cena will get a legitimate cheer from someone that isn't a horny woman or isn't a brainwashed child is when he turns heel. I don't see Cena as a face, he irritates me so much he is total heel lol.
Maybe we are headed for a swerve and john cena is the heel cause Punks beefs are legit? Seeing as WWE don't usually allow top heels to go over top faces clean then it would be better if a face/tweener punk beat a heel cena clean. It would put punk over more.
So why is he demanding respect from the fans, when he respect it up until he turned?
And why has he suddenly turned cowardly? Backing away from fights, cheap shots etc.
The only problem Punk has is against the bookers. They booked Cena in the main events. He should be complaining about them.
Is he really demanding it from the fans though? Look at the Chicago crowd - even though it was his home town he dosen't need to demand it they are crazy about him. He is demanding it from the roster esp cena and the wwe - not the fans. I don't think he has turned that cowardly really.
Shouldn't be looking for logic in WWE writing. Cena is the good guy and Punk is the bad guy in the writers minds. So just cheer and boo accordingly. Lazy but they get away with it because of the kids.
Punk has been right in most of the stuff he complained about. Just don't like the chickenshit heel he is becoming because it makes no sense. Cena's promos also never make sense when you think about the storyline. But again this is WWE (and wrestling in general) so you just have to ignore all that.