first of all, let's put all cards on the table: most of WWE fans like
Ryback, and I say it according to some facts:
1. in a big poll on this forum, asking members if they like him, the majority answered they like (a poll with more than 500 votes)
2. He becomes soooo over with the crowd, and that's for fact. his pops become louder and louder
3. there have been made tons of threads about him (on this forum and other wrestling forums), and that fact shows he gets a great attention, since he became a very populair topic among wrestling fans
now, about the question why is he so over, ther are some answers:
1. he is the total package, since he have it all (i know sayed it alot of times, but I will say it again)- great great moves (best moves, in my opinion), very impressive look, speed, charisma (gets great pops + tons of attention from the fans), achrobatical abillities, he is the most realable and authentic wrestler (and character) in the ring, etc
2. his build-up is made slowly-slowly, in a very intresting way, while from week to week he becomes bigger and bigger. that kind of build-up make us very intrested about him and about his future- "will he become WWE's next biggest thing?", "who will he fued with?", "how long will last his streak?", "which big victories will he capture?", etc.
3. we know the wwe's plane is to make him the future mega-star, so the better for us is to like him
personally, I have to say this: I am a wrestling fan since 1994, and ther were many wrestlers who I have grown on and who made me a big fan of(Kane, Cena, Goldberg, and some others who really got my admaieration), but- I have never been excited to see a build-up of a wrestling star, as I'm excited about Ryback's build-up today. his build-up make me got my attention more than any build-up before! and I feel I'm a very lucky man for witness Ryback's growing-up and see him become one of the GOAT in the future!