**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 904 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-29-2012, 07:43 AM   #9031 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Da Silva's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: England
Posts: 971
Da Silva 501 - 1000Da Silva 501 - 1000Da Silva 501 - 1000Da Silva 501 - 1000Da Silva 501 - 1000Da Silva 501 - 1000Da Silva 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadkill_ View Post
USAN can buy something for half the price of RAW that'll pull 2.0's.
So fucking what?

Advertising space isn't sold on overall ratings, it's sold on demographics.
Da Silva is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-29-2012, 11:43 AM   #9032 (permalink)
Malkamania
 
Stad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Saskatoon, Saskatchewan
Posts: 7,215
Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000Stad 4501 - 5000
Default Re: WWE RAW Draws Its Lowest Rating In Over 15 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Please indicate where I said that, because I didn't. I refuted your claim that Punk drives away viewers because he doesn't. He fails to bring them in, but he doesn't drive them away.

Nowhere did I say that the WWE Champion has nothing to do with poor ratings. Punk, just like everyone else on the roster, must take a share of the blame. What is flat out wrong is when people such as yourself preach that its all because of Punk being champion that the ratings are shit (when in all actuality, its everybody who is to blame).

As you yourself said, "people will avoid tuning in if they think CM Punk will play a focal point of the show. A reasonable assumption, given that he is champion. So it doesn't matter if he was on it for five minutes, for all the fans driven away knew, it could've easily have been 50 minutes." That is ignorant and flat out incorrect-people do not look at the show and say "wow Punk is champion, I'm not going to watch because he MIGHT be featured." People look at the show and say "wow, everything is such complete crap and a waste of my time, the stories are stupid, the feuds are dumb, the booking is horrific and nothing ever progresses in a satisfying manner-I'm not going to watch."

You're just another sad hater who has no qualms about making up stuff, presenting opinions as facts or taking things out of context to put a spin on things that will push your anti-Punk agenda and opinion. Thankfully there are some people on this site who can see through this type of bullshit and point it out to others who actually might start buying into what you say.
What an excellent post.

roadkill didn't even bother replying back
__________________
Stad is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:04 PM   #9033 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,359
#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500
Default Re: WWE RAW Draws Its Lowest Rating In Over 15 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
It's actually the other way around.

*Punk's segment gets low rating*
"IT WASN'T THE MAIN EVENT!"
"HE'S TREATED LIKE A COWARD HEEL THATZ WHY HE CANT DRAW!"
"WRESTLING INTEREST IS DEAD!"
"ITS FANS FAULT THEY DIDNT WATCH!"
"BUT ALBERTO DEL RIO AND SANTINO LOST MORE VIEWERS!"

Cena has lost his drawing abilities in the recent months, it's no secret. But fact still remains that Punk is horrible for ratings and has been from the moment they started pushing him. (even though I found him entertaining back in the 2011 summer)
Both sides find excuses and people to blame
Thats why I cant really take this thread seriously... bunch of hypocrites (apart from a view) having a shitty argument in which no one can win because both are to close minded...
__________________
#1Peep4ever is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:14 PM   #9034 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Defei's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 1,468
Defei 251 - 500Defei 251 - 500Defei 251 - 500Defei 251 - 500Defei 251 - 500
Default Re: WWE RAW Draws Its Lowest Rating In Over 15 Years

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marv95 View Post
A 2.2 is still a 2.2. They did a point higher in 2001 after the botched InVasion angle and when the downfall was taking place as people were tuning out. Even in arguably the worst year since 95 they did a half-point higher in 2007 for a tribute show. Again you people always put the blame on outside factors instead of where it belongs.
I agree 2.2 is terrible but 18-49 viewership is what really matters.
__________________

Defei is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:17 PM   #9035 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,571
Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Raw is struggling to get people to watch on any regular Monday night. The show bombs on Christmas Eve and apparently it's the end of the world. Yeah. Don't really see what all the fuss is about. They took a hit. Next week they'll take a hit too. It's to be expected considering the nights the show falls upon at this time of year. For once, I don't think Vince and Co. give a shit about the numbers. If things don't pick up on Jan 7th, a show they have actually stacked with the title match and Rock, then I'd start to worry. For now however, this week and next week's rating aren't even news tbh.
__________________

~Nemesis~
Starbuck is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #9036 (permalink)
It Was Always Written In The Stars...
 
DashingRKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 5,332
DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000DashingRKO 4501 - 5000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

We had a 2.5 earlier and now we are down to a 2.2, even if it was a christmas eve edition, I personally thought it would draw a 2.6 rating.

Changes have to be made. WWE and Vince have no sense of direction where the product should be. Even when the Rock does return, we can't keep relying on legends to bring in those ratings.
__________________


DashingRKO is online now  
Old 12-29-2012, 05:39 PM   #9037 (permalink)
BEHOLD THE KING
 
RatedR10's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,010
RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000RatedR10 2501 - 3000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Am-DashingRKO View Post
We had a 2.5 earlier and now we are down to a 2.2, even if it was a christmas eve edition, I personally thought it would draw a 2.6 rating.

Changes have to be made. WWE and Vince have no sense of direction where the product should be. Even when the Rock does return, we can't keep relying on legends to bring in those ratings.
You thought the Christmas Eve edition of Raw would get a 2.6? That's setting expectations a bit too high, IMO. It's Christmas Eve, people are with their families. I'm actually surprised it got a 2.2 because I thought more people would DVR it if they wanted to watch it.

It's the same reason I'm not expecting a huge rating for New Years Eve. It's taped and I doubt many people will be in to watch it all the way through.

Like Starbuck said, if on January 7th, the ratings are still shit with a TLC WWE Championship match lined up and The Rock returning for the first time since Raw 1000, then you start to worry.
__________________

CHAMPviaDQ
RatedR10 is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 06:09 PM   #9038 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,127
Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500Coffey 6001 - 6500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

People are with their families, yes, but they're with their families, at home, watching television.
Coffey is offline  
Old 12-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #9039 (permalink)
A street value of over 31 million
 
Ruckus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Posts: 2,119
Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500Ruckus 3001 - 3500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
People are with their families, yes, but they're with their families, at home, watching television.


And how many families are likely to choose a WWE show as their entertainment on TV? I don't know about you, but I've never known of a family to do that.
Ruckus is offline  
Old 12-30-2012, 02:35 AM   #9040 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
BKsaaki's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 778
BKsaaki 501 - 1000BKsaaki 501 - 1000BKsaaki 501 - 1000BKsaaki 501 - 1000BKsaaki 501 - 1000BKsaaki 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I don't think WWE actually put an effort into attracting viewers on Christmas chow.Or any other show.They seem to be in Autopilot mode.
BKsaaki is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios