**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 894 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-20-2012, 02:39 PM   #8931 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,188
Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by obby View Post
Perhaps he was overexposed prior to the injury. He was in, what, 4-5 segments a week before TLC?

In any event, Cena is still the only real "ratings draw" working RAW right now, so I don't get everyone blaming Punk specifically. I mean, sure he's the champion, but it is possible that the product(and possibly even the fact that no one else is a big mainstream name) is what is drawing the fans away.
No he's not. His main event with Big Show last week did one of the worst overruns ever. Nobody is a draw, the brand is the draw. Unless you have guys returning like The Rock, who like this past RTWM proved, is only a draw because of the hype of a return. Then the hype dies down.
__________________





best.

Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-20-2012, 02:44 PM   #8932 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,939
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Depends on what you mean. If your point is about quality, then yes, he's midcard at best. If it's about presentation, he stopped being in Cena's shadow around June. And he officially became the focus of the show after SummerSlam (even if Cena was involved in some of it). So it makes sense that he takes some of the blame for bad ratings. After all, the champion is the guy who gets paid the most and represents the company. As champion, it's your duty to get people to watch and the Punk Effect has been a complete 180 of that.

And look what's happened in the past couple of weeks. He's stopped hogging the spotlight three times minimum a week and the numbers are getting back up. I don't think it's just a coincidence.
The number last week was lower than pretty much all of the weeks prior apart from the one directly before it and a couple of odd ones here and there. This week's was about on par with what they've been getting every other week anyway. When they get back into the 3.0's consistently, then you can start talking about how ratings going up are due to Punk not being in the spotlight.

Punk only deserves most of the blame when it comes to the superstars solely, but there are much bigger issues that are leading to lower rating that Punk shouldn't be accounted more than say... 5 % the reason for ratings going down, if even that. And therefore when people discuss why ratings are down, Punk should be one of the last and fewest things mentioned, yet he's the reason most people are putting the blame on. I understand haters can't help themselves, but Cena's not helping the ratings anymore either, and Ryback, while seemingly the strongest draw on the main roster, I'm not sure that matters that matters at this point.

Ratings are only going up when WWE has Rock there, Lesnar there, Taker there, and it's RR/WM season. Besides that they're going to continue going down in general.
__________________
I've got some bad news...


Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 12-20-2012 at 05:34 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 04:02 PM   #8933 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,410
Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

No doubt there's no full-time draws left anymore (not even Cena) but saying Punk is NOT a factor in them going down when he has the spotlight for a large portion of the show is just being in denial. He may not drive away viewers single handedly but he doesn't help anything whatsoever. It's the overall viewership that matters, not who gains from the already present fans. Obviously Punk is going to gain viewers weekly since he actually gets character/story development in reliable spots with legends that make one-off appearances while Alberto del Rio vs Zack Ryder Part 315081835 will lose viewers because it's a pointless squash match with two lengthy commercial breaks surrounding it.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:05 PM   #8934 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,620
murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
Ratings are only going when WWE has Rock there, Lesnar there, Taker there, and it's RR/WM season. Besides that they're going to continue going down in general.
That's correct, of course. However, this can not be the excuse for bad ratings the rest of the year. If they put on good shows from April-December, the ratings could stay the same, if not get better.

From 97-02, the ratings went up after Mania.

Last edited by murder : 12-20-2012 at 05:32 PM.
murder is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:23 PM   #8935 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,359
#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
That's correct, of course. However, this can not be the excuse for bad ratings the rest of the year. If they put on good shows from April-December, the ratings would stay the same, if not get better.

From 97-02, the ratings went up after Mania.
yes but the shows get worse and worse because the dont put any effort
__________________
#1Peep4ever is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 05:34 PM   #8936 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,939
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
No doubt there's no full-time draws left anymore (not even Cena) but saying Punk is NOT a factor in them going down when he has the spotlight for a large portion of the show is just being in denial.
He's really not, at least not a factor that deserves to get harped on like it does and rather it's simply a case of there being no mega-star on the roster with that "It" appeal, which goes with the circumstances that it's not really Punk's fault. It's easy to put the blame on Punk though because he's someone rather than something. All I'll agree on is Punk not bringing in viewers, but I'm not going to really blame him for ratings going down overall anymore than Cena, Ryback, or anyone else who's currently a main eventer, because he's only very slightly more responsible anyway, if that makes any sense.

Quote:
That's correct, of course. However, this can not be the excuse for bad ratings the rest of the year. If they put on good shows from April-December, the ratings could stay the same, if not get better.
Oh I agree, but that would require building up top heels, making them look legitimately threatening to all top faces, even Cena and Sheamus, and building up top faces that the audience truly gets behind 100% and are invested in, and not just forcing people up even when they don't get a reaction.

That's something that WWE seems hell-bent on not doing. I just stated what I stated as a fact for the present time. Not an excuse for why ratings are dwon. They're down for a multitude of reasons. 3 hours being one of the bigger reasons. Crappy storylines being another. No "it" factor in prospective top faces that they've tried to go for except MAYBE Ryback, and that's a big maybe that will only have results as we go. No top heels to really look threatening to top faces which makes fans of those faces complacent and not as invested as they could be. The mid-card being very weak right now, and same with tag division, although WWE in credit to them, were doing well with the tag division for a few months. Those are just some of the major issues that should be talked about more than "OH PUNK'S KILLIN' DUR RATINGZ WITH HIS SKINNYFATASS... ASS!"
__________________
I've got some bad news...


Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 12-20-2012 at 05:40 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 06:35 PM   #8937 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Werb-Jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Britain
Posts: 548
Werb-Jericho 101 - 250Werb-Jericho 101 - 250Werb-Jericho 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

they obviously think punks a draw as he keeps coming out injured and saying he'll be at places, like TLC
__________________
Werb-Jericho is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:29 PM   #8938 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Ah I see, it was Punk with that gain not a 2 time hall of famer Ric Flair.
I imagine if it was down it would be Flairs fault too right? Think I'm starting to understand how this works....
Falkono is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:45 PM   #8939 (permalink)
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,023
Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
Ah I see, it was Punk with that gain not a 2 time hall of famer Ric Flair.
I imagine if it was down it would be Flairs fault too right? Think I'm starting to understand how this works....
I'd rather think it was a case of people saying "Hey, Flair and Punk. They could have a pretty great segment together." That seems to me both likely, and a fairly constructive way of interpreting things. Certainly preferable to getting into a ceaseless, petty game of one-upmanship.
__________________


Mister Hands is offline  
Old 12-20-2012, 07:56 PM   #8940 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,939
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
Ah I see, it was Punk with that gain not a 2 time hall of famer Ric Flair.
I imagine if it was down it would be Flairs fault too right? Think I'm starting to understand how this works....
Funny you bring this up, when only one poster (who I'm assuming is just trolling the Punk haters) said/called anything like that. Why not also poke fun at this one post while you're at it? (I believe this was also a troll post as well, but still to the point):

Quote:
Lets just ignore that there were 5 other guys there. Also add in the fact that Ryback gained over 100 thousand viewers in his match with Cesaro later in the night.
I mean, he's basically giving credit to Ryback for a gain HHH was a part of. And before you say Punk marks have been claiming ratings are up thanks to him/segments are up thanks to him, Ryback has gotten that treatment a lot more, whether justified or not.
__________________
I've got some bad news...

#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios