**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 853 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 12-07-2012, 08:43 AM   #8521 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Man those breakdowns are brutal.

If anything they show that Cena is losing some of his drawing power and people really don't care about Punk.
You could put that broom Ziggler wrestled on its own in the centre of the ring in the last segment and it would gain viewers on the segment before that. So because the last segment is higher then the one before does not mean who is in that segment is a draw. Because getting 2.7 in the last segment is awful and anyone claiming that = drawing needs a mercy killing...
Falkono is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #8522 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000Falkono 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
sorry to disappoint, but no. No one checks who the champion is to watch the whole show. It's a 3 hour show, which is the only reason the ratings are going down a hell hole. The champion is irrelevant.
Sorry but that's bullshit and you know it. To think Who is champ does not matter is one of the worst defences for Punk ever.

Its like saying whoever the boxing champ is doesn't effect the popularity of the card. People buy ppvs due to the main event and that is fact. Whether that be boxing, mma,or wrestling.

If Rock/Taker/SCSA/HBK or any of those guys were champ the ratings would go up big time. The reason for that is because those guys are popular. People want to watch them. They are draws. Fuck even Rock just singing had a 3.8 rating. Now imagine the rating when/if he is champ?

People need to accept that the current roster including the champ is mostly very under average guys. Being champ means a lot its just right now the champ isn't that interesting.
Falkono is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 10:48 AM   #8523 (permalink)
SPICE/SWAG
 
swagger_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,470
swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000swagger_ROCKS 27501 - 28000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mister Hands View Post
The fact that both Bryan/Rey and Sheamus/Cesaro lost a fair heap of viewers last week does not speak well of the WWE Universe.
And the fatal 4 way, man, that was a good match. Attention spans running on severe low. Tamina drawing like a BOSS.
__________________

KARLA LOPEZ, THE HOTTEST MODEL/ACTRESS ALIVE. Sheamus, Swagger, Wade, Dixie, Cesaro, Sami, DB, RKO, Drew, Del Rio, Cody, Punk, AJ LEE / (STAY STRONG, JTG, AND DREW ) CHAMPviaDQ = Great GFX. GigiStar
swagger_ROCKS is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 11:02 AM   #8524 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ChickMagnet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 890
ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Well said. 3 hour has just become an excuse to cover up what a ratings cancer Punk is. Last year the go home show to MITB got a 2.94 and that was panic zone numbers at that time. He got to main event around December time (along with IWC darlings in D-Bryan and Zack Ryder) and the numbers were horrible. He then LOST viewers twice, once in the 10PM spot in a match with Bryan (IIRC) and the other was in the MAIN EVENT when he took on Bryan and Tensai. Now it's 3 hours, then the response was "Y U KARE ABT RATINGZZZ!!!!???!?!" while others accepted that 'casuals' just don't care for Punk.
Has the 10pm slot ever gained in the 3 hour era? It's a poor time slot and just about everyone has lost viewers at that time (I stand to be corrected, I haven't studied the ratings).
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
you guys are losers, i cant believe you actually watch wrestling

i just sit at home and watch the tickets being sold off the ticketmaster website to see whos drawing

sometimes if the show is in town, i feel extra daring and go to the arena and watch them sell tickets IN PERSON

other day i started jerking off in the ticket both at all that DRAWING and had to be escorted out of the arena
ChickMagnet12 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 12:38 PM   #8525 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
JoseDRiveraTCR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,449
JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500JoseDRiveraTCR7 10001 - 10500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
People need to accept that the current roster including the champ is mostly very under average guys.
That's the argument most people are fucking making when they say that Punk . The idea that there aren't guys who are there own could draw would be folly, but say that one guy is the reason for the declining ratings, even though there are so many other factors, is ignorant. The roster is filled mostly with uninteresting characters with shitty booking and few actual storylines. You talk about how certain guys can make the ratings go up big time, but when the Rock and Brock Lesnar were around the ratings barely got past the low 3s. The Rock wrestled for Survivor Series last year and it barely drew more than the year before. Lesnar wrestled for Extreme Rules this year and it barely drew more than the year before. It wasn't until they were put in PPVs that matter that the full extent of their drawing power could be harnessed. The booking has made it so most of the guys, episodes, titles, and PPVs mean nothing. You can bring in some of the most entertaining guys in the history of the business, but it still won't make the product hot or save it.

I also find it strange that some of you say Punk was/is a midcard champion, and blame him for the declining ratings. If he was booked in the midcard and not treated as the center/star of the show, I don't see how he can take a large portion of the blame. For most of Punk's reign, Cena was the center of the WWE Universe and continued to be the figurehead of Raw while Punk only had one or two segments in Quarters like 2,3,6, etc. Cena was the one who took up multiple segments during the RtWM to build up to his main event with the Rock. Cena was the one who wrestled one of the most popular UFC champions in history, Brock Lesnar. Cena was the one who feuded with the top heel, Johnny Ace. If your theory about how shows only draw due to one guy, then this should all fall upon Cena's shoulders since he's been the centerpiece for the WWE and face of the business for not just the past year, but the past 6 years.
__________________
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 01:46 PM   #8526 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,319
Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickMagnet12 View Post
Has the 10pm slot ever gained in the 3 hour era? It's a poor time slot and just about everyone has lost viewers at that time (I stand to be corrected, I haven't studied the ratings).
That was in May. Way before 3 hours. Back then, it was a big gainer almost every time.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 02:23 PM   #8527 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ChickMagnet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 890
ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000ChickMagnet12 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
That was in May. Way before 3 hours. Back then, it was a big gainer almost every time.
Ah, my mistake. Apologies.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

On Topic: I do think the majority of the Ratings problem is WWE's doing rather than an individual. Wrestling is no longer "cool" or popular in the mainstream, and anyone who remains (like us idiots who discuss it's ratings more than what actually happened in the show) have to endure the booking/writing that is incredibly poor & lacks continuity.

Then we have the superstars themselves, the heels really struggle for heat unless you're blessed with Vickie Guerrero's voice. The faces themselves struggle to create themselves into mainstream stars and resort to cheap pops (right here in x town!!!!).

The titles mean nothing, especially the WHC title, the same title that Goldberg/HHH/Flair/Benoit made famous, meaningless. The brand split needs to return or the titles unified, asap. Wins and losses are traded on Raw/SD far too often, how are we supposed to take Cena/Ziggler at TLC seriously when Cena has already beat him clean on Raw just last week?

3 hours is just too long. Anyone saying this isn't a problem is deluding themselves. I have to record and fast forward to anything worth watching every week. Every damn thing insults my intelligence (Hornswaggle anonymous GM) and it's the same matches every week (Orton vs Barrett/Del Rio part XXXXXXX). There's nothing fresh to look forward too. Just think back to the hype caused by Punk/Ryback's stare down, it wasn't anything amazing, but it was fresh and people were hyped solely for that.

I struggle to find reasons to tune in the next week, there's not enough cliff hangers. When Heyman peered out of the limo at the end of the Chicago raw in September, that had me dying to watch Raw the next week. I know someone of Heyman's history and status can't return every week, but you catch my drift, I hope.

Too many ads, recaps, tout, twitter and general media whoring.

Be a star.

If anyone can say that the problems listed above are NOT effecting the ratings as much as Punk/any one individual is, you're deluded with anti-markism.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
you guys are losers, i cant believe you actually watch wrestling

i just sit at home and watch the tickets being sold off the ticketmaster website to see whos drawing

sometimes if the show is in town, i feel extra daring and go to the arena and watch them sell tickets IN PERSON

other day i started jerking off in the ticket both at all that DRAWING and had to be escorted out of the arena

Last edited by ChickMagnet12 : 12-07-2012 at 02:29 PM.
ChickMagnet12 is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 05:22 PM   #8528 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,893
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post

If Rock/Taker/SCSA/HBK or any of those guys were champ the ratings would go up big time. The reason for that is because those guys are popular. People want to watch them. They are draws. Fuck even Rock just singing had a 3.8 rating. Now imagine the rating when/if he is champ?
Exactly what kind of ratings are you expecting for the whole show based on one of them being champion? Because we'll more than likely be able to test your prediction with The Rock in February... when he'll also have the backing of Lesnar, Taker, and possibly HHH, as well as the fact it's Wrestlemania season. I'm sure they'll be higher than what Punk is getting now, but if you think you're going to be seeing anything above a 3.2 overall rating, I'd be willing to bet on that.

Quote:
Its like saying whoever the boxing champ is doesn't effect the popularity of the card. People buy ppvs due to the main event and that is fact. Whether that be boxing, mma,or wrestling.
Here's the thing, TV ratings are a completely different beast from PPV buys. For Pay Per Views, Punk and his match (at least since Night of Champions) are what's mainly responsible for the Pay Per View buys, and it's where he does deserve a bulk of the blame if the numbers aren't good. However that's not the case for TV ratings, because the champion doesn't defend his title on every show, and therefore the fact he's champion holds little relevance as far as TV ratings go.

There's no doubt him being in the main event means he should definitely get more of the blame for a lousy number than say... Wade Barrett, but to think he's the one overwhelmingly responsible for the decline is wrong. The major reasons are 3 hour Raws (despite what some would say, they're just too long for people to stay tuned throughout), lack of intense storylines and lack of interesting characters.
__________________
I've got some bad news...

#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Old 12-07-2012, 07:25 PM   #8529 (permalink)
There are many copies... and they have a plan.
Premium
 
SrsLii's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: At home
Posts: 1,055
SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000SrsLii 2501 - 3000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
Sorry but that's bullshit and you know it. To think Who is champ does not matter is one of the worst defences for Punk ever.

Its like saying whoever the boxing champ is doesn't effect the popularity of the card. People buy ppvs due to the main event and that is fact. Whether that be boxing, mma,or wrestling.

If Rock/Taker/SCSA/HBK or any of those guys were champ the ratings would go up big time. The reason for that is because those guys are popular. People want to watch them. They are draws. Fuck even Rock just singing had a 3.8 rating. Now imagine the rating when/if he is champ?

People need to accept that the current roster including the champ is mostly very under average guys. Being champ means a lot its just right now the champ isn't that interesting.
Rock being champ/in the ME isn't going to stop anyone from fast forwarding the rest of the show to get there. You need to look at the overall picture.
SrsLii is offline  
Old 12-08-2012, 12:52 PM   #8530 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
P1KACHU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 12
P1KACHU 50 - 100
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

If Punk weren't such an arrogant prick, people wouldn't enjoy making fun of him so much.
__________________
P1KACHU is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios