**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 85 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-31-2012, 12:39 PM   #841 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
kokepepsi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 6,258
kokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new herekokepepsi better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Yeah. But there's all this nonsense that HE picked to have the segment tonight because HE wanted to have the post Rumble boost so that HE could take all the credit so that HE could prove that HE is a big draw. Lol. It's such bullshit. At this stage the guy has absolutely nothing to prove to anybody.
But himself
Egos are funny like that

Anyways lets not make this a HHH bash thread.


Ratings is gonna be a ..........3.5
__________________
kokepepsi is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-31-2012, 12:41 PM   #842 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,547
Wagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friendsWagg needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Swagger/Ryder over a Goldberg/Hogan segment
Are these people seriously when they post shit like this?
Wagg is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 12:46 PM   #843 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,545
Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Yeah. But there's all this nonsense that HE picked to have the segment tonight because HE wanted to have the post Rumble boost so that HE could take all the credit so that HE could prove that HE is a big draw. Lol. It's such bullshit. At this stage the guy has absolutely nothing to prove to anybody.
To prove that he's a draw? never said that and there's nothing for him to prove since the huge Batista program in 2005, but about the position? this is a different argument, who wouldn't do it TBH? If I had the power to choose when I want to come back to TV, I will choose the night when you got the most viewers on the product, And besides Rock, I don't remember a 18 minutes overrun on RAW so he got the privileges to do it and it's fine, I don't take it as "The evil HHH wants credit", it's just a smart move and I will do it if I was in his position...
Rock316AE is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:13 PM   #844 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,855
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
My confusion comes from how wrestling fans have changed the last from when I used to post on here. It was about what you wanted to see happen, not what the company should do. And I don't get that. Your own enjoyment should be more important, imo. But whatever, I'll leave you guys alone now and just monitor this place in case of flaming/etc.
Not all of them have changed though. This is the part I'm not understanding from you. Having a discussion about ratings and what would be the objective 'right' thing for the company to do doesn't mean that people aren't watching to see what they want. It doesn't mean that at all and I really don't understand where you're getting this from. As an example, many people want to see Jericho/Punk because they are huge fans of the guys and want them in a program. At the same time though, they recognize that Punk going over HHH in a proper Mania main event program will do more for him than a win over Jericho ever would. That's just an objective opinion and doesn't take away from the fact that said person still wants Jericho/Punk because they're a big fan of both of them and that's what they want to see.

And I'm not saying that you have to leave the thread lol. I just don't get why you would post in it all the time if you don't want to talk about ratings. I hope you don't think I'm flaming you either because I'm not. Not at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
To prove that he's a draw? never said that and there's nothing for him to prove since the huge Batista program in 2005, but about the position? this is a different argument, who wouldn't do it TBH? If I had the power to choose when I want to come back to TV, I will choose the night when you got the most viewers on the product, And besides Rock, I don't remember a 18 minutes overrun on RAW so he got the privileges to do it and it's fine, I don't take it as "The evil HHH wants credit", it's just a smart move and I will do it if I was in his position...
Fair enough.
Starbuck is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:27 PM   #845 (permalink)
I used to be jealous of Arron Afflalo
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,109
Brye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whore
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wagg View Post
Are these people seriously when they post shit like this?
Dead serious. I like the first two guys and dislike the other two so why would I think differently?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Not all of them have changed though. This is the part I'm not understanding from you. Having a discussion about ratings and what would be the objective 'right' thing for the company to do doesn't mean that people aren't watching to see what they want. It doesn't mean that at all and I really don't understand where you're getting this from. As an example, many people want to see Jericho/Punk because they are huge fans of the guys and want them in a program. At the same time though, they recognize that Punk going over HHH in a proper Mania main event program will do more for him than a win over Jericho ever would. That's just an objective opinion and doesn't take away from the fact that said person still wants Jericho/Punk because they're a big fan of both of them and that's what they want to see.

And I'm not saying that you have to leave the thread lol. I just don't get why you would post in it all the time if you don't want to talk about ratings. I hope you don't think I'm flaming you either because I'm not. Not at all.
I don't think you're flaming, it's all good.

I completely agree on the Punk/Tripe H, Punk/Jericho thing. I actually wanted to see that more too. I just take some of the posts in here as people caring more about the ratings than the actual content. And considering that the ratings aren't going to just magically change overnight, I hate how people start berating things the week after they happen. It takes more than a segment to start to get someone over and people have such short attention spans these days. And then of course guys like Austin and Rock will do good for the company but you have to worry about when they're not around. They're the past and the present still needs focus.

While I've liked the individual shows recently and there's been some pretty good matches, I hate the way the writers are. (completely off topic )
__________________


Sig: ABrown & CHAMP

Panthers - Red Sox - Nuggets

WWE Layeth The Smacketh Down
Brye is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:37 PM   #846 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,855
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
I don't think you're flaming, it's all good.

I completely agree on the Punk/Tripe H, Punk/Jericho thing. I actually wanted to see that more too. I just take some of the posts in here as people caring more about the ratings than the actual content. And considering that the ratings aren't going to just magically change overnight, I hate how people start berating things the week after they happen. It takes more than a segment to start to get someone over and people have such short attention spans these days. And then of course guys like Austin and Rock will do good for the company but you have to worry about when they're not around. They're the past and the present still needs focus.

While I've liked the individual shows recently and there's been some pretty good matches, I hate the way the writers are. (completely off topic )
Yeah, some people act like idiots and decide to troll. I seriously doubt anybody marks for just those who are huge draws and means it though. Some people just prefer big stars rather than wrestlers if you know what I mean. It's not that common to see a lot of them on the net lol but they are there. That's the main difference between internet fans and casual fans. Net fans could watch a 30 minute match between William Regal and Tyson Kidd and think it's the best thing they've ever seen while the casuals would turn out in their droves. On the other hand, DX could come out and cut a 30 minute promo shilling merchandise and the casuals would lap it up while net fans would smark rage over it. That's the difference lol.

Agreed on the time issue though. Nothing's going to change overnight but looking at the ratings over a period of time gives some sort of clue as to who and what is clicking. That's why I think they're useful and that's why I come in to talk about them.
Starbuck is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:41 PM   #847 (permalink)
I used to be jealous of Arron Afflalo
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 23,109
Brye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whoreBrye is a rep whore
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Yeah, some people act like idiots and decide to troll. I seriously doubt anybody marks for just those who are huge draws and means it though. Some people just prefer big stars rather than wrestlers if you know what I mean. It's not that common to see a lot of them on the net lol but they are there. That's the main difference between internet fans and casual fans. Net fans could watch a 30 minute match between William Regal and Tyson Kidd and think it's the best thing they've ever seen while the casuals would turn out in their droves. On the other hand, DX could come out and cut a 30 minute promo shilling merchandise and the casuals would lap it up while net fans would smark rage over it. That's the difference lol.

Agreed on the time issue though. Nothing's going to change overnight but looking at the ratings over a period of time gives some sort of clue as to who and what is clicking. That's why I think they're useful and that's why I come in to talk about them.
That's true. I almost forget those people exist. I've just always been more of a wrestling guy so I look at it that way, not that I don't enjoy a good promo though.

But something that pisses me off about WWE is that when they don't see some big increase within a month or so, a perfectly good midcarder can get depushed.
__________________


Sig: ABrown & CHAMP

Panthers - Red Sox - Nuggets

WWE Layeth The Smacketh Down
Brye is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 01:58 PM   #848 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,855
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
That's true. I almost forget those people exist. I've just always been more of a wrestling guy so I look at it that way, not that I don't enjoy a good promo though.

But something that pisses me off about WWE is that when they don't see some big increase within a month or so, a perfectly good midcarder can get depushed.
I'm more of a sports entertainment fan. I'll get into matches but only if I'm emotionally invested in the characters. That's why I don't give 2 fucks about what happens on Superstars because I don't give a crap about anybody on it. It's also why I have such a hard time getting into modern day WWE stuff outside the legends/vets because I really don't care about anybody else, something that is entirely WWE's fault because they haven't given me a reason to. I think that's a direct correlation as to why only the legends/vets are able to pop a big number too because most other people are the same. There is no connection between the general fanbase and the likes of Swagger or Ziggler or even Miz (who they have seemingly completely fucked up with). There is no investment in these guys as characters because they basically don't have one. It shows when people tune out when they're on or only tune in for the guys they are familiar with. Until WWE fix that, they'll be stuck with people tuning out all through the show until the end forever.
Starbuck is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 02:11 PM   #849 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,783
D.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

One thing - I would hope that either hour 1 or 2 is 5m+ at least.
D.M.N. is offline  
Old 01-31-2012, 02:19 PM   #850 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,855
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I think they might open strong and then take a dip. The 10pm slot I can't really call lol. Punk is hit or miss when in there. After that they'll probably take another dip before hitting a big surge for Q8 and the overrun I expect to be on the 5 million mark if not a lot more.
Starbuck is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios