**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 804 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-24-2012, 05:05 AM   #8031 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,743
murder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
Exactly. No one has been champion so no one has proven to be a better draw. Then how can you say it is Punk who is a bad draw and causing the bad ratings? Most likely it is the 3 hours since that is when the ratings started to drop.

You can only say Punk is a bad draw if someone else was champion and got better ratings during this year. It didn't happen.
So baiscally, this year noone has been a good or a bad draw because only Punk was champ, I get it now.
murder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #8032 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,743
murder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Double post
murder is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 07:36 AM   #8033 (permalink)
Convinced Vince to make me a Main-Eventer
 
Cliffy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Music City
Posts: 10,431
Cliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth readingCliffy has posts worth reading
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Ratings were down before the move to three hours which kills you're argument.

Remember the so called future in Punk, Ryder and Bryan (which all the idiot indy smarks on here sigged) that tanked ?

Turns out that was the future nobody wanted with their six man tag doing a horrible number.
__________________
Cliffy is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 08:32 AM   #8034 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Shawn Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,528
Shawn Morrison needs to make some friendsShawn Morrison needs to make some friendsShawn Morrison needs to make some friendsShawn Morrison needs to make some friendsShawn Morrison needs to make some friendsShawn Morrison needs to make some friendsShawn Morrison needs to make some friendsShawn Morrison needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by murder View Post
So baiscally, this year noone has been a good or a bad draw because only Punk was champ, I get it now.
Yes, because 3 hours is too blame for the ratings. If someone other than Punk managed to get higher ratings during 3 hours and in a year like 2012 where wrestling is not 'cool' anymore, then you could say Punk is not a good draw. But you can't cause no one else has been champion this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy Byro View Post
Ratings were down before the move to three hours which kills you're argument.

Remember the so called future in Punk, Ryder and Bryan (which all the idiot indy smarks on here sigged) that tanked ?

Turns out that was the future nobody wanted with their six man tag doing a horrible number.
I stand by my argument that as a heel that Punk is right now, he would have gotten good ratings if only it was 2 hours. Hell i know many people who returned to watching WWE just because they find his heel run entertaining, but 3 hours turned them off.

Not to mention. A big part of the 'ratings' is the feuds and the booking. Punk's first few feuds as champion (Berty, Miz, Ziggler) were big turn offs compared to the whole Summer of Punk, you can't expect them to get high ratings with feuds like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AthenaMark View Post
Daniel Bryan was World Champion on Smackdown and ratings were up.
how does that prove he is a better draw than Punk? 'Smackdown ratings'
__________________
Not Removing Until:

John Cena faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania [ ]

Sheamus and Cm Punk are the 2 World Champions [X] -Wrestlemania 28

John Morrison wins World Title [ ]

John Cena losses cleanly [X]- Wrestlemania 28 Rock Beats John Cena


John Cena turns heel [ ]

Shawn Michaels returns for One More Match[ ]

Daniel Bryan beats a Main Eventer cleanly [ ]

BTB:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post10519764

Last edited by Shawn Morrison : 11-24-2012 at 08:43 AM.
Shawn Morrison is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 09:37 AM   #8035 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,540
Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
Exactly. No one has been champion so no one has proven to be a better draw. Then how can you say it is Punk who is a bad draw and causing the bad ratings? Most likely it is the 3 hours since that is when the ratings started to drop.

You can only say Punk is a bad draw if someone else was champion and got better ratings during this year. It didn't happen.
I never said Punk is causing the bad ratings. I just said he's not a draw which he isn't. Otherwise the ratings wouldn't continue to decrease almost weekly, 3 hours or not. Punk is not the ratings killer but as has been pointed out, he's not helping them in any way. At this point, not even the last full-time draw in Cena is of any help.

And you also contradict yourself here. This conversation started with you claiming that Punk is keeping the ratings up and anyone else would have caused them to further drop. How come now you have turned it around?
__________________

Last edited by Choke2Death : 11-24-2012 at 09:41 AM.
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #8036 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
SerapisLiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Abydos, Egypt
Posts: 361
SerapisLiber SerapisLiber SerapisLiber SerapisLiber SerapisLiber SerapisLiber
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliffy Byro View Post
Ratings were down before the move to three hours which kills you're argument.
Mehhh, kinda, but not really.

Yeah, ratings were down as far as in they have been on a fairly consistent downward trend annually since around 2006. However, needless to say, that was way before Punk was moved to the current focus of the show.

As per Gerweck.net:

2006- 3.90
2007- 3.61
2008- 3.27
2009- 3.57
2010- 3.28
2011- 3.21
2012 (so far)- 3.06

So in effect, it could also be said that "Ratings were down before the move" of the focus to Punk "which kills your argument." (That assumes your argument was ever that Punk was the main cause of the ratings dip, which, since I'm new here, I don't know and so will give you the benefit of the doubt.)

As per the Gerweck charts below, the ratings average from 11/21/11, when Punk won his current title, to the 1000th RAW, when the 3 hour change was made, the ratings average was approximately(~) 3.14.

After the 1000th Raw, since 3 hours has been permanent (7/30/12), the average has been ~2.86.

If we extrapolate back to 6/27/11, the night of Punk's shoot when he became the focus of the show, through to the 1000th RAW, the average was ~3.11, and from 6/27/11 (the shoot) to 11/14/11 just before Punk won the title, the ratings average was ~3.06.

So actually, since Punk won his current title up to the 1000th RAW, the ratings average took a slight bump upwards, a ~3.14 compared to either the ~3.11 and/or ~3.06 above, which ever you choose to use to compare.

So the real dive downwards does in fact appear to have started with the 3 hour change.

Also, the below charts seem to imply an annual downward trend when heading into the holiday season and then an upward trend during the Road to WM. So the inference from this is that even without Punk as champ and even without 3 hours, ratings would be down around this time of the year regardless. 3 hours just seems to make it that much lower.


Last edited by SerapisLiber : 11-24-2012 at 10:53 AM.
SerapisLiber is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 02:02 PM   #8037 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
roadkill_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The WWE Universe
Posts: 2,238
roadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new hereroadkill_ better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

As a hardcore wrestling fan, I cannot bring myself to watch RAW with CM Punk as champion. It's not good heat. It's not bad heat. It's no heat, or dead heat/X-Pac heat. So if hardcore fans aren't inclined to watch it, what does that say about casuals? I mean even recently when WWE was shit, there was always some residual value in seeing Cena get real heat.

I hope these ratings continue to slide and the product is rebooted without VM Punk. The only reason I'm even on this site is because of the TNA forum, I just post in WWE sections because I happened to be signed up. Otherwise its worse than dead to me.
__________________


www.manlymovie.net
roadkill_ is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 02:48 PM   #8038 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
ChickMagnet12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 911
ChickMagnet12 needs to take rep more seriousChickMagnet12 needs to take rep more seriousChickMagnet12 needs to take rep more seriousChickMagnet12 needs to take rep more seriousChickMagnet12 needs to take rep more seriousChickMagnet12 needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Look at those charts, ALL wrestling is down. If Impact can't capitalize in times like these they'll never get big.
__________________





Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
you guys are losers, i cant believe you actually watch wrestling

i just sit at home and watch the tickets being sold off the ticketmaster website to see whos drawing

sometimes if the show is in town, i feel extra daring and go to the arena and watch them sell tickets IN PERSON

other day i started jerking off in the ticket both at all that DRAWING and had to be escorted out of the arena

Last edited by ChickMagnet12 : 11-24-2012 at 02:50 PM.
ChickMagnet12 is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 04:35 PM   #8039 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
TRDBaron's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: The Netherlands
Posts: 604
TRDBaron is an after thoughtTRDBaron is an after thought
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChickMagnet12 View Post
Look at those charts, ALL wrestling is down. If Impact can't capitalize in times like these they'll never get big.
In my opinion the WWE is the face of wrestling in America, if the WWE sucks it will impact the image of the entire wrestling business.
But i agree with you on TNA, they can't help but shoot themselves in the foot by trying to be sports entertainment like the WWE.
TRDBaron is offline  
Old 11-24-2012, 04:48 PM   #8040 (permalink)
R'hllor, The Lord of Light
 
Melisandre of Asshai's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 5,002
Melisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth readingMelisandre of Asshai has posts worth reading
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Peter View Post
I think the biggest problem with the current title picture is that there just isn't this big face that everyone wants to see get the title. As someone pointed out a lot of the big face stars were the biggest when they were chasing the title. Cena is the closest one but it's been going on for so long, and it was screwed up by his surgery. There's also a good amount of people that don't want to see him have the title again.

Ryback became an attempt at doing something fresher but obviously that feud hasn't changed anything either. The celebration wasn't just about Punk, it was also about the feud since Ryback was invited.
Bingo. Great post right here. I've been saying this for months to friends of mine who are wrestling fans. One of the biggest problems WWE has is that they have not built up big enough credible faces. It's all fine and dandy to have built up this mega heel Punk has become as champion but without the yin to the yang so to speak there is no reason to watch. Ryback will obviously not be the guy because he's just been pushed into that position without really much build up. There really isn't much reason for the casual fan to watch until Rock comes back because there is no credible wrestler who the fans believe can take the title from Punk. I think its at least a reason why the ratings have been falling including the 3 hour format, the lack of creativity in the product, horrible storylines (see AJ scandal) etc.

Wrestling has been stagnant for years now and seems to be on a downward spiral. Of course the ratings will probably pick up around the road to Mania because you'll have Rock, HHH, Lesnar and maybe Taker coming back and its usually when WWE finally decides to kick itself up the ass for the biggest show of the year.
__________________


Lord of Light, Come to us in our darkness.
Melisandre of Asshai is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios