**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 802 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-23-2012, 07:23 AM   #8011 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 1
Ganjusan 50 - 100
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.
The way I see it, viewership is down because people simply don't want to sit through an hour of adverts in a three hour show. It's the main reason I don't watch it live because it's gone from being a nuisance to just being flat-out annoying having adverts every five minutes or so (even in the middle of matches!). If I'm watching online the next day I usually enjoy most of the show, only occasionally skipping the odd section (Brodus Clay for example) and that's about it. In terms of creative direction I'm enjoying where the show is going, it's just all those wretched commercials that put me off watching it live.
Ganjusan is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-23-2012, 07:57 AM   #8012 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Shawn Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,528
Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ganjusan View Post
Hey guys. Long time lurker, first time poster.
The way I see it, viewership is down because people simply don't want to sit through an hour of adverts in a three hour show. It's the main reason I don't watch it live because it's gone from being a nuisance to just being flat-out annoying having adverts every five minutes or so (even in the middle of matches!). If I'm watching online the next day I usually enjoy most of the show, only occasionally skipping the odd section (Brodus Clay for example) and that's about it. In terms of creative direction I'm enjoying where the show is going, it's just all those wretched commercials that put me off watching it live.
Couldn't agree more. I enjoy the show alot when i watch the 'two relevant hours' of it, and skip the filler, commercial, tout, smackdown replay-filled third hour. The viewers are going down because of the pointless third hour. Cm Punk as the champion is really entertaining and if it was 2 hours he'd probably be getting them good ratings, its just bad luck that his reign has to be during this dark age of 3 hours.
__________________
Not Removing Until:

John Cena faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania [ ]

Sheamus and Cm Punk are the 2 World Champions [X] -Wrestlemania 28

John Morrison wins World Title [ ]

John Cena losses cleanly [X]- Wrestlemania 28 Rock Beats John Cena


John Cena turns heel [ ]

Shawn Michaels returns for One More Match[ ]

Daniel Bryan beats a Main Eventer cleanly [ ]

BTB:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post10519764
Shawn Morrison is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 08:49 AM   #8013 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
N-destroy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 779
N-destroy 101 - 250N-destroy 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallofShame View Post
Looking forward to seeing the buyrate. Most important thing is to see if they are up or down. People can bitch all they want about low ratings demonstrating the lack of interest in the product. That's fine.

But I'm assuming their 18-49 demo is not down that much so WWE wouldn't be losing too much money in term of advertising/marking. Especially with 3 hours. So to say their losing ad money is dumb. Buyrate you can put a clear price on. And they have not been bad with Punk and may be why they've allowed the reign to go 365
Are you talking about Survivor Series buyrate? Doubt it will be big. UFC GSP return fight was the night before which is probably why WWE didn't even care building up the main event.
__________________
N-destroy is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:15 AM   #8014 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Evil Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 991
Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500Evil Peter 251 - 500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by N-destroy View Post
Are you talking about Survivor Series buyrate? Doubt it will be big. UFC GSP return fight was the night before which is probably why WWE didn't even care building up the main event.
Yes, that's a very significant factor. GSP is arguably the biggest draw in MMA and when he returns from a 1,5 year layoff most people somewhat interested in MMA will buy that over a wrestling PPV.
Evil Peter is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 09:26 AM   #8015 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
SerapisLiber's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Abydos, Egypt
Posts: 349
SerapisLiber 501 - 1000SerapisLiber 501 - 1000SerapisLiber 501 - 1000SerapisLiber 501 - 1000SerapisLiber 501 - 1000SerapisLiber 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

^Especially since there is a significant overlap in their audiences, in spite of the WWE trying to be obstinate about that fact.
SerapisLiber is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:33 AM   #8016 (permalink)
The Face Of The Company
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 19,605
Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000Choke2Death 20501 - 21000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shawn Morrison View Post
Honestly, Punk is the best option. If they make someone else the champ, they will get lower ratings. Punk is the reason they are still managing to stay alive with the ratings, if not for him they'd probably be down to 2.0's because of the stupid 3 hour with so much filler and pointless replays/touts.
How the fuck do you know that when nobody else has been champion all year long? Stop talking out of your ass!
__________________
Choke2Death is online now  
Old 11-23-2012, 10:47 AM   #8017 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
Shawn Morrison's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 3,528
Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500Shawn Morrison 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
How the fuck do you know that when nobody else has been champion all year long? Stop talking out of your ass!
I am giving my opinion of what I think.

I could say the same about all the Punk haters. You say he can't draw, when in reality he has kept ratings steady until they changed to 3 hours. No one else has been champion this year and proven to be a better draw, then how can you say that it is Punk who can't draw? That is talking out of your ass.

If there's anything the ratings show, its that 3 hours is too long for many viewers because they have dropped big since they changed to 3 hours.
__________________
Not Removing Until:

John Cena faces Undertaker at Wrestlemania [ ]

Sheamus and Cm Punk are the 2 World Champions [X] -Wrestlemania 28

John Morrison wins World Title [ ]

John Cena losses cleanly [X]- Wrestlemania 28 Rock Beats John Cena


John Cena turns heel [ ]

Shawn Michaels returns for One More Match[ ]

Daniel Bryan beats a Main Eventer cleanly [ ]

BTB:
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/booker...l#post10519764
Shawn Morrison is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:00 AM   #8018 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 303
WTFWWE is being a bitch
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Remember when WWE had a PPV the same weekend as a Brock Lesnar UFC PPV? WWE got KILLED! Got like 100K buyrate.
WTFWWE is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:02 AM   #8019 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 146
Pol93 0 - 49
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I don't care what the ratings were, I enjoyed Raw this week.
Pol93 is offline  
Old 11-23-2012, 11:18 AM   #8020 (permalink)
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
SarcasmoBlaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,578
SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000SarcasmoBlaster 1501 - 2000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Peter View Post
I think the biggest problem with the current title picture is that there just isn't this big face that everyone wants to see get the title. As someone pointed out a lot of the big face stars were the biggest when they were chasing the title. Cena is the closest one but it's been going on for so long, and it was screwed up by his surgery. There's also a good amount of people that don't want to see him have the title again.

Ryback became an attempt at doing something fresher but obviously that feud hasn't changed anything either. The celebration wasn't just about Punk, it was also about the feud since Ryback was invited.
Yup. This is a huge problem for the company as a whole. The closest thing they have to the big face you mention is Cena, and when at least 50% of the fanbase doesn't want to see him win the title, that's a problem. Not to mention the fact that all the momentum in that feud has been lost, partly due to Cena's injury, and partly due to the fact that they've already had them fight, and Cena lose, too many times.

They've got the same problem on the heel side. Say you've got a babyface who you want to put over in a big way. Well, there's only one heel on the active roster who can put anyone over in meaningful way and that's Punk. So, you've got a company where there's no clear #1 face that everyone is behind, and only one real, big-time heel that is capable of putting guys over. It's a problem whose roots go all the way back to 2009, when they failed to build new stars after a rash of established guys left. It took years to do, and it'll probably take years to undo (unfortunately for fans). It's issues like this, BIG issues, that have an effect on ratings. Way more so than "Guy X has the title" Super-fans can't see the forest through the trees though.
SarcasmoBlaster is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios