**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 794 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 11-21-2012, 12:49 PM   #7931 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,635
murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500murder 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonmop View Post

But to be honest I'm not sure how much Vince and Co pay attention to these ratings anymore.
Oh, Vince does care for ratings. If not, he wouldn't freak out over a 2.5 rating like he did a few weeks ago. And more importantly, the network cares about ratings.
murder is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-21-2012, 12:54 PM   #7932 (permalink)
DIRK
 
The Lady Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,162
The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000The Lady Killer 31501 - 50000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Vince not appearing = ratings slump
__________________




Credit: A$AP
The Lady Killer is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:34 PM   #7933 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,494
Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
see?, this is the part where I can hardly take your post seriously, the tone of the whole response seems completely hostile even tho I said that sure you don't like it, not everybody does, but you seem to not only dislike cm punk the character but you legit hate the persons guts, I dislike John cena the character like nobody else, but I admit the wrestler, the person itself has talent, is a workhorse and it's overall a nice guy, you seem to just hate cm punk whatever he is, to the point where most people could think that if you see him in the streets you would shoot him on sight

and what's funny that even tho you say in past conversations that everything is mostly your opinion you keep pushing everything you say as a fact regarding him, that's what I meant that people hardly take post like that seriously because they seem outright trollish
Just what in the world are you talking about? I see absolutely no connection between this post and what you responded to.

There was no hostility in my post because I was legit laughing while pressing the "Submit Reply" button and it may look like I hate Punk beyond the character but that's a complete misunderstanding. I don't care for Punk the person (the way I've gotten to know him outside the ring, he comes across as an egotistical, obnoxious, whiny douchebag) and strongly dislike the on-screen character but what kind of hyperbole shit is - to rephrase your point - "you look like you would shoot him in the streets"?

And no, I don't push anything as a fact and if I do, I would like to see it pointed out because I see none of it "pushed as fact". Things like talent are subjective so of course I'm going to present it from my own point of view but it's not like I say "It's a fact he's not talented enough to deserve a push" or whatever. Oh, and one of the parts you highlighted on my post that you first responded to, I clearly used "IMO" inside the parenthesis. This type of complete twisting of my posts is exactly why I don't take 99% of the Punk marks mad at me seriously. There are some I respect like NearFall and The Sandrone, but the majority try to make up a bunch of garbage to make me look stupid ("Y U HATE PUNK 4 BAD RATINGZ!!!").

Joke's on you!
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 01:59 PM   #7934 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 731
Jotunheim 101 - 250Jotunheim 101 - 250Jotunheim 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Just what in the world are you talking about? I see absolutely no connection between this post and what you responded to.

There was no hostility in my post because I was legit laughing while pressing the "Submit Reply" button and it may look like I hate Punk beyond the character but that's a complete misunderstanding. I don't care for Punk the person (the way I've gotten to know him outside the ring, he comes across as an egotistical, obnoxious, whiny douchebag) and strongly dislike the on-screen character but what kind of hyperbole shit is - to rephrase your point - "you look like you would shoot him in the streets"?

And no, I don't push anything as a fact and if I do, I would like to see it pointed out because I see none of it "pushed as fact". Things like talent are subjective so of course I'm going to present it from my own point of view but it's not like I say "It's a fact he's not talented enough to deserve a push" or whatever. Oh, and one of the parts you highlighted on my post that you first responded to, I clearly used "IMO" inside the parenthesis. This type of complete twisting of my posts is exactly why I don't take 99% of the Punk marks mad at me seriously. There are some I respect like NearFall and The Sandrone, but the majority try to make up a bunch of garbage to make me look stupid ("Y U HATE PUNK 4 BAD RATINGZ!!!").

Joke's on you!
I think the joke's on you man, for a guy that claims to dislike punk or not care about the person at all you seem to go out of your way to post how much you dislike, hate, push your subjective opinions of him in each and every single thread iregardles if it is about him or not
Jotunheim is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:11 PM   #7935 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,494
Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
I think the joke's on you man, for a guy that claims to dislike punk or not care about the person at all you seem to go out of your way to post how much you dislike, hate, push your subjective opinions of him in each and every single thread iregardles if it is about him or not
Except that's not true. And recently, I have pretty much stopped talking about him outside of this thread and General WWE threads where he's relevant. The first page of the Raw section is always dominated by Punk discussion and at most, I have only made 1 post in them as they are right now. And why do you keep changing the subject? One moment you are concerned about how badly I hate him, then another you are talking about me being in every thread posting about him, which is exactly what my previous post pointed out. FALSE ACCUSATIONS.

And you still failed to point out where I pushed my opinion as "fact" or said anything resembling "I want Punk to die" or "I wish he would get shot". I might have posted in most threads Punk-related weeks ago (and what can you do when about 8/10 of the first page is Punk threads?) but I've pretty much stopped because there's really no point in doing it even though the reaction from the army of angry dogs that come to Punk's defense even if he would have killed a group of fans in the streets is hilarious.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 02:34 PM   #7936 (permalink)
People are Sheep
 
Snoth's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Snoth's Cave
Posts: 1,495
Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000Snoth 1501 - 2000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToxieDogg View Post
You completely missed the point of what I'm trying to get at by posting the Raw ratings since 1998.

I've already said that I understand why ratings dropped at the start of the decade. The 'Attitude Era' boom period being over was the single biggest reason for that. I've also said that ratings for a good few years remained pretty much on an even keel and were pretty much what you'd expect.

But asides from the increase in 2009, we are now really starting to see noticeable ratings drops in line with the show actually getting shittier and more and more people complaining about it. You can deny that if you want but the evidence is all there.

I often see people saying 'the way we now consume media has changed' as a defence for ratings this year being so bad. It's 2012. People didn't just suddenly start DVR'ing and watching shows online recently. I was DVR'ing Raw back in 2004. The shit they're putting out now is baffling most people (who can't understand why something that entertained them a lot not so long back in, say 2005 for instance barely entertains them at all now) and slowly but surely turning them away once their ingrained fanboy loyalty to WWE finally burns out. There are numerous and severe problems with the direction WWE have taken their product in recent times (not least of all the shows now being 3 hours and mostly full of 'filler' crap), and it honestly wouldn't surprise me if they continue to shed viewers more quickly over the next couple of years than they have done over the entire last decade unless they do something about it.
Top rated show 2004: American Idol 16.5
Top rated show 2012: Sunday Night Football 12.9

Percentage change: 21%

RAW 2004: 3.67
RAW 2012: 3.06

Percentage change:16%



I loled when you said you DVRed back in 2004 so you just assume everybody else did then too. You don't represent the entire viewing audience, sorry. And DVRs are accounted for in ratings anyway. That isn't really what is changing. Don't feel like writing a 5 page paper on how consumption of media has changed, tho.
__________________


ChampviaDQ
Snoth is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:25 PM   #7937 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,985
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I think we can all concur that until Mr. Laurinaitis returns, ratings will never go back up again.
__________________
I've got some bad news...

#BadNewsSanta is online now  
Old 11-21-2012, 03:51 PM   #7938 (permalink)
King of Swing!
 
The Boy Wonder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 2,971
The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500The Boy Wonder 3001 - 3500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Let's be very honest here. If John Cena was champion for the last 6-8 months or someone like RKO/Sheamus people would be ripping them for the ratings sucking. But because it's CM Punk as WWE Champion people are unwilling to pin any blame on him. The way the internet protects is very similar to how the media protects the President -- he can do no wrong and if there are problems its because of his surroundings.
__________________

Hey Smarks, You MAD?
The Boy Wonder is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 04:10 PM   #7939 (permalink)
SPICE/SWAG
 
swagger_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,623
swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500swagger_ROCKS 28001 - 28500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
Let's be very honest here. If John Cena was champion for the last 6-8 months or someone like RKO/Sheamus people would be ripping them for the ratings sucking. But because it's CM Punk as WWE Champion people are unwilling to pin any blame on him. The way the internet protects is very similar to how the media protects the President -- he can do no wrong and if there are problems its because of his surroundings.
Well, yeah. The same hardcore CM punk marks will have every slightest excuse ready to defend him, yet if it's someone like Sheamus, those same hardcore marks will rip him with the same crap they tried to defend CM punk against. This isn't new and it's the very reason this thread became a sticky. I'm surprised this still needs explaining, just save your time.
__________________

KARLA LOPEZ, THE HOTTEST MODEL/ACTRESS ALIVE. Sheamus, Swagger, Wade, Dixie, Cesaro, Sami, DB, RKO, Drew, Del Rio, Cody, Punk, AJ LEE / (STAY STRONG, JTG, AND DREW ) CHAMPviaDQ = Great GFX. GigiStar
swagger_ROCKS is offline  
Old 11-21-2012, 04:20 PM   #7940 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,985
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Boy Wonder View Post
Let's be very honest here. If John Cena was champion for the last 6-8 months or someone like RKO/Sheamus people would be ripping them for the ratings sucking. But because it's CM Punk as WWE Champion people are unwilling to pin any blame on him.
First two sentences are right, third sentence is wrong. Only people unwilling to place the blame fully on Punk are fans/marks, and it's the same case with Orton and Sheamus fans/marks. The problem is people try to put the blame on someone, when it reality it has very little to do with them because the product as a whole sucks and is unpopular.

Damn, I feel like I'm posting this week after week (in addition to others who post it every week), and I could've sworn I said last week I'd stop. I think I have a problem.

My name is Sandrone and I'm a Ratings Thread-a-holic.
__________________
I've got some bad news...

#BadNewsSanta is online now  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios