**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 791 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?
Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7901 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:25 PM
OK Eggman, bring it on!
 
TromaDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 3,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
I think you mean www.gerweck.net, as www.gerwick.net is not wrestling related.
I think you are correct and my typing is shitty I'll change that now.

I'm surprised this year's average is as high as 3.06. But we've still got another month and a half to go yet to get it down into those 2s before 2013. Certainly seems to be the goal WWE are aiming for at the moment.

TromaDogg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7902 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 PM
THE ASCENSION WILL RISE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
NeyNey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Germany
Posts: 3,297
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
1998 - 4.43
1999 - 5.9
2000 - 5.88
2001 - 4.64
2002 - 4.01
2003 - 3.76
2004 - 3.67
2005 - 3.81
2006 - 3.9
2007 - 3.61
2008 - 3.27
2009 - 3.57
2010 - 3.28
2011 - 3.21



Mr. Main Event > Mr. Money in the Bank
NeyNey is offline  
post #7903 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:26 PM
Ho!
 
The Evil Santadow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Current year's Raw average is 3.06 (Edit: Beaten to it)

2009 had Orton/McMahons and Taker/HBK for the 2-3 out of the first 4 months that did great business for ratings. Orton was red-hot and his feud with HHH even after HHH returned still did great ratings from what I can tell. Orton/Cena dropped the ratings a bit but they were still average for the time. Not to mention the return of DX surely had some impact. Plus despite how terrible they were, I'd think that the guest hosts did have some impact, bringing in some of their respective fanbases to watch them on Raw. I know ZZ Top being Guest Hosts one week got my dad to watch the show as he's a huge ZZ Top fan (bar Summerslam 2005 and a handful of shows including the ZZ Top Guest Host one, he hasn't watched an inkling of wrestling in 10+ years).

Batista's heel turn and Hardy's run was on SD anyway.

I'm watching you...




Last edited by The Evil Santadow; 11-20-2012 at 10:31 PM.
The Evil Santadow is offline  
post #7904 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:31 PM
OK Eggman, bring it on!
 
TromaDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 3,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
Current year's Raw average is 3.06 (Edit: Beaten to it)

2009 had Orton/McMahons and Taker/HBK for the 2-3 out of the first 4 months that did great business for ratings. Orton was red-hot and his feud with HHH even after HHH returned still did great ratings from what I can tell. Orton/Cena dropped the ratings a bit but they were still average for the time. Not to mention the return of DX surely had some impact.

Batista's heel turn and Hardy's run was on SD anyway.
True. I was just trying to think off the top of my head for a moment what happened in WWE in 2009 that I enjoyed. I don't even watch Smackdown at all anymore because it's become so bad, so just shows what a huge difference a couple of years can make if they don't get their finger out of their ass and improve Raw.

TromaDogg is offline  
post #7905 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
He's pushed way more than he should be, that's for sure. A one year+ long title reign... legends with a shitload more talent than him like Stone Cold, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, Triple H, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle never had a title reign this long yet this joke has it. And if you suggest Cena is more pushed than him, that might have been true in the past but it definitely isn't anymore. The last few months it's been nothing but PUNK, PUNK, PUNK while Cena is stuck in some stupid angle with AJ and gets put in title matches just to bump the buyrates. It's not wrong at all.
Yeah, but all this reign has proved is that the number of days means absolutely nothing in a reign. Mick Foley was champion for maximum 2 and a half weeks at most, and his reigns were extremely memorable and worthy. So why does it matter? Let them think it does, we, as the fans, know it doesn't.

And for the record, it hasn't been the past few months. Cena and Punk fought at NoC and were supposed to fight again at HIAC, but Cena's elbow fucked that up. This shitty AJ angle has only been around for 3-4 weeks, which is hardly months. Now because you hate Punk, it may seem like he's been pushed more than Cena in the past few months, but really, things haven't changed that much. Plus, how can you compare a short amount of time of stronger booking to 7 years?

Punk's year long reign hasn't been very memorable, you're right. And yes, he has received an incredible push despite not proving that he's that much of a draw. However, he has a far way to go before he reaches Cena levels. Let him take on and eventually beat an entire main event heel stable by himself for a few months, work his way up to 10 title reigns and main event 9/10 PPVs over the WWE champion and then maybe we can talk.

@ToxieDogg Its a real shame pro wrestling doesn't have a draft like the MLB, NHL, NBA or NFL. That way, the excuse for aiming to do shitty is to get a top pick to turn things around next season. In this case, though...I don't know if its deliberate or just extreme incompetence.



Shield 2.0, Brah!

Seth with J&J Security=One of the few reasons to watch WWE
KO Bossy is offline  
post #7906 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:44 PM
21-0
 
Hennessey's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,518
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
The average may be 3.06 now but it will definitely get below 3.0 by the end of the year since it's almost half of the year where 2s have become the norm.



He's pushed way more than he should be, that's for sure. A one year+ long title reign... legends with a shitload more talent than him like Stone Cold, The Rock, Shawn Michaels, The Undertaker, Triple H, Chris Benoit, Chris Jericho, Eddie Guerrero and Kurt Angle never had a title reign this long yet this joke has it. And if you suggest Cena is more pushed than him, that might have been true in the past but it definitely isn't anymore. The last few months it's been nothing but PUNK, PUNK, PUNK while Cena is stuck in some stupid angle with AJ and gets put in title matches just to bump the buyrates. It's not wrong at all.
I hate Punk a lot but this isnt fair. You cant blame Punk for keeping the title for so long. That is the WWE's fault for having such a shit roster. All those guys you named had much more competition then Punk has. That is why their reigns were not as long. Who was Punk supposed to drop the title to? Ziggler, who at the time was a pure midcarder with nothing under his belt. Or Jericho, who was well past his prime, and only came back to Put Punk over. How about Daniel Bryan, and guy that was not ready in my opinion. Or a green Ryback maybe? Or how about Miz when he was jobbing left and right to everyone?
Hennessey is offline  
post #7907 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-20-2012, 10:48 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,962
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Yeah, but all this reign has proved is that the number of days means absolutely nothing in a reign. Mick Foley was champion for maximum 2 and a half weeks at most, and his reigns were extremely memorable and worthy. So why does it matter? Let them think it does, we, as the fans, know it doesn't.

And for the record, it hasn't been the past few months. Cena and Punk fought at NoC and were supposed to fight again at HIAC, but Cena's elbow fucked that up. This shitty AJ angle has only been around for 3-4 weeks, which is hardly months. Now because you hate Punk, it may seem like he's been pushed more than Cena in the past few months, but really, things haven't changed that much. Plus, how can you compare a short amount of time of stronger booking to 7 years?

Punk's year long reign hasn't been very memorable, you're right. And yes, he has received an incredible push despite not proving that he's that much of a draw. However, he has a far way to go before he reaches Cena levels. Let him take on and eventually beat an entire main event heel stable by himself for a few months, work his way up to 10 title reigns and main event 9/10 PPVs over the WWE champion and then maybe we can talk..
@ the bold, I was not comparing them and I am talking about PRESENT, not the past. Whatever has happened in seven years is irrelevant to what is happening NOW and right now, Punk is getting overpushed (any push not down a sewer is an overpush for him IMO, though) while Cena is played second fiddle just like smarks have begged for years.

And I really don't want Punk to have 10 title reigns, that would only destroy the championship even further and kill any credibility it has. After this 14 months of boredom, I really hope Punk never gets another title run or only a short one at best. If you're talking about comparing the pushes. Again, that's not what I was doing, I was only talking PRESENT and since Cena's elbow injury, he's played third wheel to Punk and Ryback. That would be two months.

As for the length not mattering, you're right that it doesn't matter. But I also think it should be justified through the guy having it being talented enough or a draw and in my opinion, Punk is neither (although the latter is a fact).
Choke2Death is offline  
post #7908 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 12:08 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
@ the bold, I was not comparing them and I am talking about PRESENT, not the past. Whatever has happened in seven years is irrelevant to what is happening NOW and right now, Punk is getting overpushed (any push not down a sewer is an overpush for him IMO, though) while Cena is played second fiddle just like smarks have begged for years.

And I really don't want Punk to have 10 title reigns, that would only destroy the championship even further and kill any credibility it has. After this 14 months of boredom, I really hope Punk never gets another title run or only a short one at best. If you're talking about comparing the pushes. Again, that's not what I was doing, I was only talking PRESENT and since Cena's elbow injury, he's played third wheel to Punk and Ryback. That would be two months.

As for the length not mattering, you're right that it doesn't matter. But I also think it should be justified through the guy having it being talented enough or a draw and in my opinion, Punk is neither (although the latter is a fact).
jesus christ, I get you don't like punk, not everyone does, but some of the thing you say in all of your different punk diatribes are borderline ridiculous, it's like you legit hate the guy and want him to die or something out of some personal spite :
Jotunheim is offline  
post #7909 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 12:18 AM
My Name Is God (I Hate You)
 
SPROUTS BUCKET's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tits
Posts: 7,295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Choke2Death just upset he's the WORLD CHAMP for 365 DAYS.

Sorry, 366 DAYS.

"Yes, I can hear you Clem Fandango!"
SPROUTS BUCKET is offline  
post #7910 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-21-2012, 01:31 AM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
SpeedStick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,566
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Too much "wrestling" on RAW last night casual fans care about storylines not in ring action
SpeedStick is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome