**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 771 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?
Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7701 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
Everyone get back on topic and drop the trolling and insults. Thanks.
Headliner, I'll love you forever if you can find it in your cold-blooded heart to take this thread out behind the shed & execute it with a bullet to the head. I'll throw a parade in your honor.
Coffey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7702 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:51 PM
Easy Lover
 
BANKSY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In The Game
Posts: 3,747
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

^

The weekly Raw ratings threads were 10x as bad.

BANKSY is offline  
post #7703 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 12:56 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 7,681
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Why would you want to take down a thread that keeps all the shit in one place. It's like the GOAT thread.

It keeps him vs him shit in one big thread.
The-Rock-Says is offline  
post #7704 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 03:57 PM
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,955
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
Dude your posts in here have really went downhill in the past few weeks. Trying to extrapolate excuses some Punk fans have for the ratings to make it seem like a majority response , when it's quite obvious to everyone with two eyes that its the opposite with people lining up to take shots at Punk.
But he's right. Punk is still not a draw because overall viewership says so. His segments gaining is just among the last group of viewers, who will obviously be more interested in the developed storyline as opposed to watching a random Kofi Kingston match or Alberto Del Rio squashing a jobber. For how many weeks have the ratings been in the 2 zone now? That's pretty much it. I wont call Punk the "rating killer" since the shows overall suck but he's certainly not a draw just because his segments gain while every other filler spot loses.
Choke2Death is offline  
post #7705 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 04:05 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,303
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I'd just like to point out to SinJokel that yes, Lawler's return was the draw in that segment, not Punk. And the segment probably did well.

Now let's rewind. In the past there are lots of segments where Punk hasn't been scheduled to come out. Then he does, unannounced, same as he did Monday. Except that segment bombed in the ratings. Now in this situation, all of the morons who will do anything to discredit Punk, will suddenly blame Punk for how bad the segment did.

So...which is it? Punk isn't announced to come out and does + segment does well=Punk wasn't the draw of the segment, it was something else. Punk isn't announced to come out and does + segment does poorly=See? That rating was all Punk's fault.

How some of you cretins can follow such baffling, stupid logic is beyond me.



Shield 2.0, Brah!

Seth with J&J Security=One of the few reasons to watch WWE

Last edited by KO Bossy; 11-14-2012 at 04:07 PM.
KO Bossy is offline  
post #7706 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 04:29 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Actually, Punk's promo went the entire 9-9:15 quarter, along with Mick Foley coming out. Lawler's promo was the one that lasted a few minutes.

If the segment does well, all three men should get credit. Stop being biased trolls for once, even though practically all 7700 posts in this thread are just that.






best.

Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
post #7707 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 04:35 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
I'd just like to point out to SinJokel that yes, Lawler's return was the draw in that segment, not Punk. And the segment probably did well.

Now let's rewind. In the past there are lots of segments where Punk hasn't been scheduled to come out. Then he does, unannounced, same as he did Monday. Except that segment bombed in the ratings. Now in this situation, all of the morons who will do anything to discredit Punk, will suddenly blame Punk for how bad the segment did.

So...which is it? Punk isn't announced to come out and does + segment does well=Punk wasn't the draw of the segment, it was something else. Punk isn't announced to come out and does + segment does poorly=See? That rating was all Punk's fault.

How some of you cretins can follow such baffling, stupid logic is beyond me.
that's why you treat them like the clowns they are, the more they go far and beyond to prove their point, the easier they look like trolls and the easier everyone will see them for what they are

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikola123 View Post
mommy,big bad man hurt my feelings
Jotunheim is offline  
post #7708 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 05:16 PM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,287
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
I'd just like to point out to SinJokel that yes, Lawler's return was the draw in that segment, not Punk. And the segment probably did well.

Now let's rewind. In the past there are lots of segments where Punk hasn't been scheduled to come out. Then he does, unannounced, same as he did Monday. Except that segment bombed in the ratings. Now in this situation, all of the morons who will do anything to discredit Punk, will suddenly blame Punk for how bad the segment did.

So...which is it? Punk isn't announced to come out and does + segment does well=Punk wasn't the draw of the segment, it was something else. Punk isn't announced to come out and does + segment does poorly=See? That rating was all Punk's fault.

How some of you cretins can follow such baffling, stupid logic is beyond me.
Putting your lame childish insult attempts aside, your reply to me would be a relevant thing for you to complain about if I actually said all those things. I've never come on here and bemoan one of Punk's segments for being ratings failures. Feel free to check back in the thread, you won't find any posts stating that. The only things I've said about Punk here were pretty much along the same lines, questioning people's thought process for solely crediting Punk for segments with other people (Vince, Cena, Ryback), and acting like the other guy was little to no factor (which is pretty much the most common post regarding Punk in this thread. Crediting him more than his share for everything good ratings-wise, excuse-making for everything bad).

I'm sure you're angry about seeing other people do what you're talking about, but don't lump everyone into the same category. When you reply to a single person, you aren't replying to "the IWC", I'm not their spokesman dude. Nor am I one of the people who talked about some Punk segment that bombed. Tbh, I'm not even sure what segment you're referring to that Punk bombed in. I don't remember ever seeing any Punk segments with ratings losses. I've seen some with small gains, but that's the worst of it.

But yes, if Punk comes out unannounced (mid-segment, not right at the beginning or less than a minute into one), whether it's a ratings success or ratings failure, it's not logical to credit or discredit him for the ratings. Though if he comes out at the start of a segment (such as less than a minute into it and is the focus of the segment, even unadvertised), he can be blamed if people tune out. If he comes out advertised, and ratings tank, then it's definitely his fault (or anyone else in the same situation). Of course, again, I've never seen a Punk segment lose viewers, though I don't check the ratings very often. Mayybe 5-10% of the time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
aaaaand, reported, thanks for making my and mods jobs so easy
@ how mad this kid is for getting exposed for being a Punk mark troll.

SinJackal is offline  
post #7709 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 06:57 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,016
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by THANOS View Post
Dude your posts in here have really went downhill in the past few weeks. Trying to extrapolate excuses some Punk fans have for the ratings to make it seem like a majority response , when it's quite obvious to everyone with two eyes that its the opposite with people lining up to take shots at Punk.
Why so serious? I could swear that I've seen you say that ratings don't matter. Why then are you in here getting butthurt over something that supposedly doesn't matter to you? Calm down plz and stop taking it all so personally. I'm not trying to do anything. You obviously disagree with what I'm saying. Doesn't mean I have some ulterior motive going on. Fucking hell.

EXTRAPOLATE

BEST FOR CHRISTMAS is offline  
post #7710 of 9175 (permalink) Old 11-14-2012, 07:00 PM
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,811
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
But he's right. Punk is still not a draw because overall viewership says so. His segments gaining is just among the last group of viewers, who will obviously be more interested in the developed storyline as opposed to watching a random Kofi Kingston match or Alberto Del Rio squashing a jobber. For how many weeks have the ratings been in the 2 zone now? That's pretty much it. I wont call Punk the "rating killer" since the shows overall suck but he's certainly not a draw just because his segments gain while every other filler spot loses.
If the overall viewership determines it then no one is a draw on the current roster including Cena, because no matter how much his or Punk's segments gain, the OVERALL viewership is low so they're not draws by your logic. You seem to understand that there are other aspects of the show that occur randomly with no purpose that sink the ratings, yet still seem unwilling to place any validation on people that cause consistent gains on the tired and drawn out show.

The biggest draw factor on the entire show are the, albeit rare but, good storylines. They hardly ever occur but when they do, those are the only things that cause consistent growth in this era. Create creative storylines for everyone on the roster and the ratings will sort themselves out.

"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock
THANOS is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome