**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 740 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-25-2012, 04:27 PM   #7391 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
But it wasn't even a good rating lol. I don't know what you think you have proven with this. That main event gained back all the viewers who tuned out and gave the show its lowest quarter hour in history. What an accomplishment. You blame people for looking at things in black and white and then go and do the exact same thing. Every week you're in here arguing with the same people who aren't going to listen or change their minds. Then you get butthurt when they, surprise surprise, don't listen and don't change their minds. I'm not a blind Punk hater. I'm not even a Punk hater at all. But to call him a draw based on recent numbers really is just ridiculous. He isn't responsible for killing the show like some claim he is but he sure as hell isn't doing anything to help it either. Why waste your time saying the same thing every week and having the same arguments every week, trying to prove points when all you're doing is wasting your time and coming across as severely butthurt and you aren't even a Punk mark. It's just silly.

Double standards are part and parcel of the internet. At Survivor Series 2008, Cena beat Jericho for the WHC after returning from injury and the IWC threw a super bitch fit. On the same night, Edge returned out of nowhere to win the WWE title and the place rejoiced. There's a double standard for you. Accept it, live with it and move on. It isn't going to change and it's utterly pointless to even try and stop it. You aren't accomplishing anything by coming in here and saying the same shit every week and neither are the people arguing with you on the opposite side. It really has just reached childish levels at this stage tbh and is starting to become embarrassing. Is it any bit of wonder this thread is a laughing stock. Some of you really take this shit WAY too seriously. You come in here, say your piece, the Punk marks agree with you, somebody argues for the opposite, the Punk haters agree with that person and it's the same thing every week. What's the point?
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

If this thread is so pointless, why do you bother posting here at all, then? This post comes off as being so high and mighty, and yet week in, week out, you're in here with us, debating the ratings. Whether you like it or not, you're as opinionated as the rest of us. You try not to be and maintain some sort of neutral ground, but everyone's posts in this thread are biased, including yours. I like the part where you say that everyone takes this shit way too seriously, but you for some reason felt the need to post this. You're essentially complaining about other peoples' complaining. If you didn't take this shit seriously to some degree, you wouldn't have felt the need to post this lengthy diatribe.

Really, you're right. This thread is a total waste of time. I've put at least 5 people on ignore because of their asinine points of view. I try, like you, to look at things from a logical and neutral point of view, and call a spade a spade. Yet I myself find that sometimes I say things with a bias. It can't be helped.

I just don't understand, nor appreciate, your post. I respect you as a poster, but you rip into everyone in this thread for things that you yourself are also guilty of.

And for the record, I believe the source said it was the lowest quarter hour in 15 years, not of all time.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-25-2012, 05:14 PM   #7392 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,916
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Talk about the pot calling the kettle black.

If this thread is so pointless, why do you bother posting here at all, then? This post comes off as being so high and mighty, and yet week in, week out, you're in here with us, debating the ratings. Whether you like it or not, you're as opinionated as the rest of us. You try not to be and maintain some sort of neutral ground, but everyone's posts in this thread are biased, including yours. I like the part where you say that everyone takes this shit way too seriously, but you for some reason felt the need to post this. You're essentially complaining about other peoples' complaining. If you didn't take this shit seriously to some degree, you wouldn't have felt the need to post this lengthy diatribe.

Really, you're right. This thread is a total waste of time. I've put at least 5 people on ignore because of their asinine points of view. I try, like you, to look at things from a logical and neutral point of view, and call a spade a spade. Yet I myself find that sometimes I say things with a bias. It can't be helped.

I just don't understand, nor appreciate, your post. I respect you as a poster, but you rip into everyone in this thread for things that you yourself are also guilty of.

And for the record, I believe the source said it was the lowest quarter hour in 15 years, not of all time.
I'm not complaining about you complaining. I'm stating facts. You DO come in here every week and post the same thing over and over again and have the same arguments with the same people. It's not just you but you seem to be the one person getting most bothered by it all. Of course I have an interest in the ratings otherwise I wouldn't be in here but I sure as hell don't take them seriously. I don't take any of this shit seriously. At the end of the day it's just wrestling. I don't need to put anybody on an ignore list though. Why? Because I don't take it that seriously. People talk shit. Deal with it. All the essay length and logical posts in the world aren't going to change their minds. I'm a Triple H and John Cena mark. Trust me when I say that I don't take this place seriously because if I did I'd be the most angry and butthurt fan in the world given the amount of crap that gets posted about those 2 guys.

You don't appreciate my post? I'm sorry if that makes you feel better but all I've done is state facts. Nobody can be 100% objective all the time but I don't think I've let any bias get in the way of what I've said in the past. I don't hate CM Punk. I don't mark for CM Punk. I'm neutral when it comes to him and I'm calling it the way I see it. You see a match between Punk and Seamus gaining 1mil+ after the previous quarter was one of the lowest in 15 years as an accomplishment. I see it as the only logical thing that could happen after such a horrible drop in the segment before. You think you're right. I think I'm right. You think I'm letting personal bias cloud my judgment because you don't agree with what I'm saying. I think you don't agree with what I'm saying because you're letting your own personal bias cloud your own judgment. So where does that leave us? Nowhere and we've both wasted our time writing out posts to each other over something as ridiculous as this.
Starbuck is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:19 PM   #7393 (permalink)
DIRK
 
The Lady Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: San Diego
Posts: 10,321
The Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whoreThe Lady Killer is a rep whore
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Bottom line is, these ratings are becoming an issue fast, and I really don't see them improving at all in the near future unless they rush Rock/Brock/Taker back for a short-term fix. Even then, I think we're past the days of 4.0+ ratings (at least for this phase of wrestling boom/recession cycle).
__________________




Credit: A$AP
The Lady Killer is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:22 PM   #7394 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,854
Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I'll be the first to admit I'm a little bias but I always try to go by facts therefore my bias only comes from me being happy whenever Punk flops. For the "hot topic" here, Punk not being a draw shouldn't even be debated.

On Raw 1000, they had about 6 million viewers and Punk got the ball to run with and he attacked The Rock to turn heel. By next week, half these viewers were gone as expected. And there's no "he didn't get to main event" or "WWE intentionally held him down" excuse to cover this up. Fact that the indy midget* was not a good enough draw to keep the viewers they managed to bring back for that one night. Try explaining that one to everyone that disputes Punk not being a draw!

His segments (with far better proven draws such as Vince or Cena btw) gaining 500k or 1 million viewers that all tuned out in the previous (filler) segments don't mean shit. And before somebody talks about me saying Ryback or whoever else is a draw, I'm only joking there and frankly, I don't care about them. Only thing that matters to me is Punk flopping in becoming what WWE wishes he could be. That's all and I'm not even gonna pretend otherwise.

* = I have nothing against independent (or short) wrestlers. It's just that term fits Punk to a T, so I'll use it when I see fit.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:24 PM   #7395 (permalink)
Believe In Barry
 
Headliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: Rochester, NY
Posts: 44,570
Headliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on repHeadliner whored out on rep
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Reason for low ratings:

-Wrestling is not over.
-WWE ruins every big storyline or hot character that comes their way, tuning out the audience in the process.

Boom.
__________________
Headliner is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:27 PM   #7396 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Jammy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,753
Jammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missedJammy probably won't be missed
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

^

you're wrong, its all because of indy midget vanilla hacks.

we need the attitude era back! Thumbs up if you agree!!!111
Jammy is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #7397 (permalink)
Easy Lover
 
BANKSY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: In The Game
Posts: 3,747
BANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a pushBANKSY is getting a push
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Its fairly clear that Punk just draws PPV buyrates as they are all up this year.

He is the yin to Mark Henry's yang.
__________________
BANKSY is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:31 PM   #7398 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I'm not complaining about you complaining. I'm stating facts. You DO come in here every week and post the same thing over and over again and have the same arguments with the same people. It's not just you but you seem to be the one person getting most bothered by it all. Of course I have an interest in the ratings otherwise I wouldn't be in here but I sure as hell don't take them seriously. I don't take any of this shit seriously. At the end of the day it's just wrestling. I don't need to put anybody on an ignore list though. Why? Because I don't take it that seriously. People talk shit. Deal with it. All the essay length and logical posts in the world aren't going to change their minds. I'm a Triple H and John Cena mark. Trust me when I say that I don't take this place seriously because if I did I'd be the most angry and butthurt fan in the world given the amount of crap that gets posted about those 2 guys.

You don't appreciate my post? I'm sorry if that makes you feel better but all I've done is state facts. Nobody can be 100% objective all the time but I don't think I've let any bias get in the way of what I've said in the past. I don't hate CM Punk. I don't mark for CM Punk. I'm neutral when it comes to him and I'm calling it the way I see it. You see a match between Punk and Seamus gaining 1mil+ after the previous quarter was one of the lowest in 15 years as an accomplishment. I see it as the only logical thing that could happen after such a horrible drop in the segment before. You think you're right. I think I'm right. You think I'm letting personal bias cloud my judgment because you don't agree with what I'm saying. I think you don't agree with what I'm saying because you're letting your own personal bias cloud your own judgment. So where does that leave us? Nowhere and we've both wasted our time writing out posts to each other over something as ridiculous as this.
That's odd that I seem the one most bothered by it all...considering in actuality I don't really care that much. The people who are on my ignore list are just people whose posts I don't care to see. Some of them are from this thread, and its not because I don't agree with them. I just think they're completely illogical and moronic so I don't want their crap cluttering up my page.

I guess my tone is hard to convey because you're reading it instead of hearing me say it. Kind of like how you're claiming that you don't care but the tone of your posts and the fact that you're scrutinizing everything I say, like you claim I do to others, makes you the one who seems bothered by all of this...

I'm well aware people talk shit. And I've learned how to deal with it. However, on this site, I have the magical ability to mute those who talk shit. So I do. I hear enough in my day, I don't need to hear more when I'm engaging in an activity that is supposed to be enjoyable.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:32 PM   #7399 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
Reason for low ratings:

-Wrestling is not over.
-WWE ruins every big storyline or hot character that comes their way, tuning out the audience in the process.

Boom.
That about sums it up.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Old 10-25-2012, 05:47 PM   #7400 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,916
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
That's odd that I seem the one most bothered by it all...considering in actuality I don't really care that much. The people who are on my ignore list are just people whose posts I don't care to see. Some of them are from this thread, and its not because I don't agree with them. I just think they're completely illogical and moronic so I don't want their crap cluttering up my page.

I guess my tone is hard to convey because you're reading it instead of hearing me say it. Kind of like how you're claiming that you don't care but the tone of your posts and the fact that you're scrutinizing everything I say, like you claim I do to others, makes you the one who seems bothered by all of this...

I'm well aware people talk shit. And I've learned how to deal with it. However, on this site, I have the magical ability to mute those who talk shit. So I do. I hear enough in my day, I don't need to hear more when I'm engaging in an activity that is supposed to be enjoyable.
I'm a law graduate. I can't help it that I scrutinize things more than others. I've been taught to do it. Besides, I hardly scrutinized what you said lol. I commented on it.

If this is what you call enjoyable, the equivalent to talking to a brick wall, then I'd hate to see what you'd be like on a downer.

My point still stands. Getting butthurt about ratings, wrestling in general and/or the opinions of obvious haters/trolls is stupid. If you have all these people on ignore then why the hell are you still arguing with everybody? And now you aren't even arguing with them, you're arguing with me over something as ridiculous as this.
Starbuck is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios