**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 724 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-23-2012, 08:40 PM   #7231 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
MikeChase27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Milwaukee,WI
Posts: 369
MikeChase27 50 - 100
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mark View Post
WWE's got 99 problems, being PG isn't one of them

back in 1997 and 1998, during the peak of the attitude era and their most controversial period with the media, the first hour of RAW was PG and it was called "Monday Night RAW" , the second hour was TV-MA and it was called "The Warzone" , both together were called "RAW is WAR"

the reason the product is this shitty and bland is because they are too pussy to make an enjoyable wrestling show for everyone, the fact is they are too busy with looking good in the media and the mainstream, they forget to improve the quality of the show

Vince is the media's bitch, here's an example, now I understand and applaud supporting the fight against breast cancer, but can I just ask, what difference would it make to change the colors of the sets to pink, would cancer magically disappear by having John Cena wear pink? would people be cured just because the rope is pink ?

my issue isn't with the pink ropes or the sets, it's the fact that Vince would bend over just to look noble in the public's eye, and the sad thing is he's trying too hard , not just the breast cancer, but with the whole package, GLAAD, the B A STAR , etc.. I mean a show about people punching each other for 3 hours is gonna protest against bullying ? come on now


Vince is too scared to pull something edgy because he's afraid it would give him bad buzz, when the fact that that's not true, you could be edgy AND get some positive buzz, look at last year's WWE with CM Punk after the infamous shoot promo, it got a lot of people talking and pay attention to the show and it was cutting edge


you could be edgy without having a guy rape a dead corpse at a funeral home or bleeding for no reason whatsoever other than the fuck of it, as a fan I don't need pointless blood, just give me shit like CM Punk's rise last year for example , that's all i'm asking , is it too much ?
But Ryback...
MikeChase27 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-23-2012, 08:42 PM   #7232 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
DenGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 174
DenGal 50 - 100
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mark View Post
WWE's got 99 problems, being PG isn't one of them

back in 1997 and 1998, during the peak of the attitude era and their most controversial period with the media, the first hour of RAW was PG and it was called "Monday Night RAW" , the second hour was TV-MA and it was called "The Warzone" , both together were called "RAW is WAR"

the reason the product is this shitty and bland is because they are too pussy to make an enjoyable wrestling show for everyone, the fact is they are too busy with looking good in the media and the mainstream, they forget to improve the quality of the show

Vince is the media's bitch, here's an example, now I understand and applaud supporting the fight against breast cancer, but can I just ask, what difference would it make to change the colors of the sets to pink, would cancer magically disappear by having John Cena wear pink? would people be cured just because the rope is pink ?

my issue isn't with the pink ropes or the sets, it's the fact that Vince would bend over just to look noble in the public's eye, and the sad thing is he's trying too hard , not just the breast cancer, but with the whole package, GLAAD, the B A STAR , etc.. I mean a show about people punching each other for 3 hours is gonna protest against bullying ? come on now


Vince is too scared to pull something edgy because he's afraid it would give him bad buzz, when the fact that that's not true, you could be edgy AND get some positive buzz, look at last year's WWE with CM Punk after the infamous shoot promo, it got a lot of people talking and pay attention to the show and it was cutting edge


you could be edgy without having a guy rape a dead corpse at a funeral home or bleeding for no reason whatsoever other than the fuck of it, as a fan I don't need pointless blood, just give me shit like CM Punk's rise last year for example , that's all i'm asking , is it too much ?
There is different kinds of PG the PG where it is borderline G rated which is WWE and the other where you can bleep out swear words like Smackdown used to. And have edgy TV.
YES WWF Smackdown was PG but look at that PG compared to this. The difference is like the difference between a PG-13 flick and a R rated flick. WWE is in love with this, if they could be G rated they would.
__________________
UMAGA IS ON SMACKDOWN!
DenGal is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:43 PM   #7233 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: FandanGOAT Club House with the rest of FandanGOAT Nation
Posts: 3,006
Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon Jones View Post
I wonder how long until they switch back to 2 hours.
Hopefully soon. I want to know what happens during the show but I fall asleep and have to watch a recording the next day.
__________________

All Hail the King
Striker is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:46 PM   #7234 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
Rocky Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,432
Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeChase27 View Post
But Ryback...
I fucking hate Ryback, but if there's one thing that could make him enjoyable, it's the fact that he's not a smiling goofball like all of the faces, so that's the only thing that makes me connect to him, that he's the only "badass" character available, which is sad considering that he's a rip-off and not original

I'd take Ryback over Sheamus anytime of the day, at least Ryback doesn't make me wanna bust a pipe anytime he's on tv, that doll segment last night

I can't begin to imagine the dark days of Sheamus being the top guy of the company
__________________
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers -- by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever."


- Warrior
Rocky Mark is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:49 PM   #7235 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: MD
Posts: 126
Tha Masta 50 - 100
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I think it's many things that are to blame for the decreasing ratings.

1. The WWE are trying to expand in everything & not focusing on what made them.
They want to be mainstream, be in Hollywood. (WWE Films & the saturday morning show)

2. The audience, they are trying to bring in.
They want the younger crowd, the children. (rating PG)

3. The older crowds seem to be left out.
The product just doesn't seem to connect with me anymore.
So I seem to be turning the channel a lot more.
"JBL is poopy", what is that?

4. The writing & storylines.
It's just not good, remember most of them are hollywood writers.
I doubt some of them even watched wrestling, before being hired.

5. The advertising revenue.
They want the primetime ads, not the late night adult ads.

6. Lida's campaign.
Whatever they do, someone will try to use it againdst them.

7. The wrestlers.
It's not who we like, it's who the WWE want us to like.
So they force feed us who they want to succeed.
Then bury who makes it on his own, just because they weren't involved. (Zack Ryder, not a fan btw)

8. The competition.
There's better stuff on, durning the fall.
Different sports games & new episodes of popular shows start up again.

Last edited by Tha Masta : 10-23-2012 at 09:51 PM.
Tha Masta is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 08:55 PM   #7236 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
Rocky Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 7,432
Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500Rocky Mark 4001 - 4500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenGal View Post
There is different kinds of PG the PG where it is borderline G rated which is WWE and the other where you can bleep out swear words like Smackdown used to. And have edgy TV.
YES WWF Smackdown was PG but look at that PG compared to this. The difference is like the difference between a PG-13 flick and a R rated flick. WWE is in love with this, if they could be G rated they would.
they can swear, "Bitch" and "Ass" are commonly allowed for a PG show, as long as they don't mention sexual or racial slurs like "Fuck" or "......" it's ok

hell didn't Aj say "shit" last night during her awful promo ?


I'm a fan of swearing in wrestling, I think it could be helpful and interesting when used right , like for example Steve Austin's character, his character was a redneck that didn't give a shit, that's why cursing and swearing helped his character, The Rock and many others too

another example was CM Punk's promo last year, it was out of the blue and shocking at the time,

however when it's used wrong it becomes pointless, like every TNA promo in 2010, it's like they were saying just for the sake of saying it, it looked forced and cheesy

plus, my issue with the current promos isn't saying ass or bitch, it's the fact that it's scripted and sugar-coated
__________________
"Every man's heart one day beats its final beat. His lungs breathe their final breath. And if what that man did in his life makes the blood pulse through the body of others and makes them believe deeper in something that's larger than life, then his essence, his spirit, will be immortalized by the storytellers -- by the loyalty, by the memory of those who honor him, and make the running the man did live forever."


- Warrior
Rocky Mark is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #7237 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
DenGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 174
DenGal 50 - 100
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rocky Mark View Post
they can swear, "Bitch" and "Ass" are commonly allowed for a PG show, as long as they don't mention sexual or racial slurs like "Fuck" or "......" it's ok

hell didn't Aj say "shit" last night during her awful promo ?


I'm a fan of swearing in wrestling, I think it could be helpful and interesting when used right , like for example Steve Austin's character, his character was a redneck that didn't give a shit, that's why cursing and swearing helped his character, The Rock and many others too

another example was CM Punk's promo last year, it was out of the blue and shocking at the time,

however when it's used wrong it becomes pointless, like every TNA promo in 2010, it's like they were saying just for the sake of saying it, it looked forced and cheesy

plus, my issue with the current promos isn't saying ass or bitch, it's the fact that it's scripted and sugar-coated
Stuff that makes us hate a heel like beating up a girl, lighting someone on fire, kidnapping someone is just not happening anymore. In main event fueds there used to be a back story and hatred towards each other. You wanted the face to kick the heels ass.
Now for the last 3 years its basically the same buildup for 4 weeks untill the PPV, they end the show in a run in or something. And all the mid carders have no storylines or backstories at all.

Even up untill around 2007 everyone had a back story.
__________________
UMAGA IS ON SMACKDOWN!
DenGal is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:07 PM   #7238 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,220
TN Punk 501 - 1000TN Punk 501 - 1000TN Punk 501 - 1000TN Punk 501 - 1000TN Punk 501 - 1000TN Punk 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Shocked no one is blaming Punk.
__________________
Check out my WWE Live Event Photography at a NXT Full Sail Taping.
TN Punk is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:15 PM   #7239 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
DenGal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: United States
Posts: 174
DenGal 50 - 100
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Nexus is like the last good storyline, WWE stoped caring about Storylines when they have the guest stars who didnt care about WWE just promoting their thing. Triple H breaking into Ortons house is something cool that happends.

WWE is at its best from Royal Rumble untill night after WM. They actually care.
__________________
UMAGA IS ON SMACKDOWN!
DenGal is offline  
Old 10-23-2012, 09:16 PM   #7240 (permalink)
Hit the kitchen up, and water whip. SKRRT
 
Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada.
Posts: 4,031
Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Clocks ticking quicker and quicker.
__________________
Randy Orton Trapper Of The Year is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios