**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 704 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?
Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #7031 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 11:03 PM
OK Eggman, bring it on!
 
TromaDogg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Liverpool, UK
Posts: 3,122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chbulls1_23 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Rock-Says View Post
Careful, Swagg. You'll get told off wanting the AE back, but that's not true.

You, like me, just want some edgy TV and not TV for 5 year olds.



Don't want this to seem like a spam post, just that there's nothing more to be said there really.

TromaDogg is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #7032 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-17-2012, 11:16 PM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Or perhaps the ratings are bad because people are tired of seeing Punk all the time? The guy's been champ for 330+ days, and in my personal opinion, it's been the most boring long WWE title reign since Diesel. And it's been boring to me because of the wrestler who's champ and the fact that he predictably goes over at every PPV. The WWE title scene has been terrible because Punk is garbage at selling his opponents as credible threats, while he monotonously builds himself up as better than everyone else on the show.

Punk was on screen (including replays, and excluding commercials), for over 1/4th of the show the last 3 weeks, and his storyline has been getting somewhere in the ballpark of 3/4ths of the promo/storyline time each Raw in the same timespan.

So while I'm all for not blaming a single guy for an entire show's ratings, I can't ignore the fact that ratings are tanking when a single guy is getting all the significant attention to detail in both stories and promos.

Almost nothing else is going on but Punk's stuff right now. So while you can say the midcard's booked like shit, you can't say Punk isn't because he's getting metic-fucktons of air time right now.


Time for a change, even if that change is just giving the title back to Cena. The reason that's acceptable to me is that even though Cena will be champ again, at least his storylines don't suck up most of the show's storyline segments like Punk's do.
.....................................................................

Do you even WATCH wrestling?



Shield 2.0, Brah!

Seth with J&J Security=One of the few reasons to watch WWE
KO Bossy is offline  
post #7033 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:06 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
The reason that's acceptable to me is that even though Cena will be champ again, at least his storylines don't suck up most of the show's storyline segments like Punk's do.
yeaah...your whole argument went to shit when you mentioned this, I'm sure facing big show for the 999999th time and Undressing Lauranitis while putting BBQ sauce on top of one of the commentators is gold storytelling, that, or being "fired" from WWE just to come back every week, every time while at the same time destroying all of nexus by himself

you can't seriously say that and have a straight face and if you do, may god have mercy on your soul :
Jotunheim is offline  
post #7034 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 12:13 AM
$4 VIC
 
Christmas on Redwood Lane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Cipher Unknown
Posts: 2,943
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
this Punk hate has definitely become more illogical than his booking earlier this year.


Last edited by Christmas on Redwood Lane; 10-18-2012 at 12:23 AM.
Christmas on Redwood Lane is offline  
post #7035 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 01:48 AM
Lacing SCOTT STEINER's boots
 
SinJackal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Chicago
Posts: 4,286
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
.....................................................................

Do you even WATCH wrestling?
I do, and I participate in the Forum's prediction game for PPVs for the last year and a half. Almost everyone who plays it predicted CM Punk to go over at every PPV in the last year with the exception of 2 (EC and WM).

So I ask you, do you even REMEMBER how Punk's fueds have played out? Because it has been predictable that he was going over in almost all of them during the entirety of his current reign.

Perhaps you were swept up in the boneheaded belief that WWE was trying to "kill his reigns" or "bury Punk" with that deluge of stipulation matches he was getting to drum up interset in his title reign, rather than see them for what they were which was forcing Punk down people's throats as a "beat the odds" face.


Quote:
Originally Posted by funnyfaces1 View Post
You honestly do not believe this lie, do you?
Punk's stories get more air time than Cena's have been. It isn't a lie, it's called having a basic concept of time. The only time Cena's fueds have gotten as much time as Punk's has been when he's fueded with Punk.

Don't bring up that terrible "main event" argument either. We're talking about time, not timeslots. CM Punk has been getting more air time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
yeaah...your whole argument went to shit when you mentioned this, I'm sure facing big show for the 999999th time and Undressing Lauranitis while putting BBQ sauce on top of one of the commentators is gold storytelling, that, or being "fired" from WWE just to come back every week, every time while at the same time destroying all of nexus by himself

you can't seriously say that and have a straight face and if you do, may god have mercy on your soul :
Nothing you said refutes the fact that CM Punk's segments take much longer than Cena's. I didn't expect it to though, since your post quality has always been piss poor.

Punk comes out and drones on and on on the mic for 15 minutes. Cena, at worst, speaks for 5 mins. . .right before a PPV. S ometimes twice. Punk talks more than that every day regardless. So I would rather Cena be champ because he at least won't clog up a significant portion of the show with boring speches that we've heard dozens of times already.

Cena will just take up an acceptable portion of the show with boring speeches we've heard a dozen times already. It's the lesser of two evils to me. Punk is more boring right now than Cena ever was. So I'd rather Cena have the title if it means that much less Punk. Then WWE will put more effort into other shit for a change rather load all their eggs into the CM Punk basket.

My argument clearly didn't go to "shit" either. You're an overreacting Punk mark, and I would expect the same melodramatic knee-jerk reaction to any post in threads you're looking at that doesn't paint Punk in a positive light.

Here's a few of your recent terrible posts just to give people an idea of why not to ever take your posts seriously:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
seriously?, are your standards that low?, it was fucking awful and cringe worthy, even Lesnar cuts a better promo and that's saying something because he is bad as hell
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
seriously, it's all garbage booking......now after punk defeats ryback they will go back the same shit about respect because punk has not beaten Cena....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
oh god, this shit is brutal....cena doing his best to put ryback over
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jotunheim View Post
you are giving them too much credit, time after time in recent history they have proven they are a bunch of half brained jackasses, Cm punk not being respected by management it's not an isolated case, it has happened to a number of wrestlers in the past, including Daniel Bryan, it just so happens that these 2 examples just took a bad chance and turned it into something Huge and positive, not everyone can do that and be succesful, anyone that tells me that piece of shit Sehamus with the 18 second wrestlemania Win against Bryan wasn't a tactic to bury him it's delusional
^ Case in point. And that's just stuff from this week. You're an overreacting Punk mark that's incapable of rational thought. Just about everything you post is melodramatic nonsense, or some blast back, knee-jerk reaction to someone else's opinion.

Might's well change your name to Drama King if you're going to keep that dumb shit up.

SinJackal is offline  
post #7036 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 02:01 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 731
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post


Nothing you said refutes the fact that CM Punk's segments take much longer than Cena's. I didn't expect it to though, since your post quality has always been piss poor.

Punk comes out and drones on and on on the mic for 15 minutes. Cena, at worst, speaks for 5 mins. . .right before a PPV. S ometimes twice. Punk talks more than that every day regardless. So I would rather Cena be champ because he at least won't clog up a significant portion of the show with boring speches that we've heard dozens of times already.

Cena will just take up an acceptable portion of the show with boring speeches we've heard a dozen times already. It's the lesser of two evils to me. Punk is more boring right now than Cena ever was. So I'd rather Cena have the title if it means that much less Punk. Then WWE will put more effort into other shit for a change rather load all their eggs into the CM Punk basket.

My argument clearly didn't go to "shit" either. You're an overreacting Punk mark, and I would expect the same melodramatic knee-jerk reaction to any post in threads you're looking at that doesn't paint Punk in a positive light.

Here's a few of your recent terrible posts just to give people an idea of why not to ever take your posts seriously:


^ Case in point. And that's just stuff from this week. You're an overreacting Punk mark that's incapable of rational thought. Just about everything you post is melodramatic nonsense, or some blast back, knee-jerk reaction to someone else's opinion.

Might's well change your name to Drama King if you're going to keep that dumb shit up.

oh god, did moon25 had an alternate account or something ?
Jotunheim is offline  
post #7037 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 02:07 AM
In Jericho, we trust
 
-Skullbone-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: G'day!
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinJackal View Post
Perhaps you were swept up in the boneheaded belief that WWE was trying to "kill his reigns" or "bury Punk" with that deluge of stipulation matches he was getting to drum up interset in his title reign, rather than see them for what they were which was forcing Punk down people's throats as a "beat the odds" face.
Would you rather see someone of Punk's...fairly limited stature take out security teams and huge heels like ol' Stone Cold? I think the guy himself would be aware of what looks realistic and what doesn't. Punk looks like and carries himself like a pugnacious scrapper.

Quote:
Punk comes out and drones on and on on the mic for 15 minutes. Cena, at worst, speaks for 5 mins. . .right before a PPV. S ometimes twice. Punk talks more than that every day regardless. So I would rather Cena be champ because he at least won't clog up a significant portion of the show with boring speches that we've heard dozens of times already.
So we'll have Punk's boring speeches taken away and replaced with...Cena's boring speeches. Doesn't sound particularly good either way, particularly when Cena is booked to be beyond the title and has achieved so much that a promo as champ will have little significance.

Quote:
Cena will just take up an acceptable portion of the show with boring speeches we've heard a dozen times already. It's the lesser of two evils to me. Punk is more boring right now than Cena ever was. So I'd rather Cena have the title if it means that much less Punk. Then WWE will put more effort into other shit for a change rather load all their eggs into the CM Punk basket.
But then they'll put it back into Cena's basket in all likelihood. Who in your mind can take the reigns of newly established face of WWE from today's roster off of Punk? One name.
-Skullbone- is offline  
post #7038 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 02:20 AM
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,310
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

You can try to do whatever it is you want-call people Punk marks, or say that they're blind and ignorant. I'm not even a Punk mark, I just call a spade a spade, exactly the way I see it.

All I have to say to SinJackal is that if you truly, honestly believe that Punk is being forced down peoples' throats after the 7 never ending years of putting up with John Cena as the #1 guy in this company and the bullshit that's accompanied that, then you clearly are NOT watching pro wrestling. Or can you name me another time when the #1 BABYFACE in a company has been so consistently booed because the audience is sick to death of what he's doing?

How can you honestly complain when Punk has been receiving this increased amount of attention for just over a month and a half, and yet Cena has been getting it for well over half a decade?

Oh, and if you want to talk about hogging the spotlight for the majority of shows and...how did you put it...being "garbage at selling his opponents as credible threats, while he monotonously builds himself up as better than everyone else on the show", why don't you ask the Nexus what a feud with John Cena is like. That is, if you can find the ones who make their weekly appearances on Superstars.

I am extremely shocked that you bitch and complain about how terrible you think Punk is: about how he's a beat the odds face, that he gets too much air time, that he goes over at almost every PPV, that he's boring and stale...and yet you want to give the title back to the man who is KING of all of these negative traits you've identified.

Everything you've said is so full of misinformation, bias and double standards that its laughable. Then you completely crap on any good you might have done by being a child and attacking other peoples' posts because they don't agree with you. There's no other logical conclusion to come to other than you've jumped on the CM Punk hate wagon because you have a personal grudge against the guy, and now you're trying to make, not persuade, make others agree with you. Sad.



Shield 2.0, Brah!

Seth with J&J Security=One of the few reasons to watch WWE
KO Bossy is offline  
post #7039 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 03:20 AM
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
MikeChase27's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Milwaukee,WI
Posts: 369
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Whats even worse is the fact that SinJackal thinks Ryback is a draw.
MikeChase27 is offline  
post #7040 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-18-2012, 05:48 AM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,358
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
               
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

@SinJackal
at least Punk has to beat the odds rather than be the odds like Cena

#1Peep4ever is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome