**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2012, 06:40 PM   #61 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,127
Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Honestly, at this point, which this is a huge statement that many will disagree with, but I think the TV shows would be better if they just did away with the wrestling entirely.

Hear me out!

Think about it, what are the weakest parts of the show? Other than bad comedy which does come to mind, I think of commercial breaks mid-match, bad commentary, Divas matches and over-exposure. If there aren't any matches on TV it will do a few different things: It'll help hide the weaknesses of the people that aren't stellar in the ring, especially the women like Kelly Kelly. Michael Cole won't have to do play-by-play. You can have more segments dedicated to getting an angle over. The Pay-Per-View matches would mean more and thus (I would think) more people would pay to watch them. Or, coming in a couple of months, need WWE Network to view them.

What exactly are free TV matches doing for us right now? Killing all the potential fresh matches before a PPV happens? Making us grow tired of our favorites wrestlers relying on the same tried and true spots? Sitting through bad commercial breaks mid-match to get back to bad commentating leading into a fuck finish because they won't change titles on TV?

Maybe I'm crazy but I would rather watch C.M. Punk have his own Piper's Pit style segment than watch him wrestle The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler again. I would rather see Kelly Kelly in more segments like she had with The Big Show backstage than her wrestling and doing stinkfaces. I would rather see Michael Cole as a backstage interviewer again, trying to troll wrestlers to their face instead of trolling the entire listening audience for the entire duration of each and every program.

You could still have a main event. The paying audience will want something, for sure. But you can give them dark matches while showing stuff to the TV audience and then giving an actual, legit match at the end of the night that had real consequences and impact on the damn angles that they're trying to portray, instead of a last-minute six man slapped together for no goddamn reason. Old school NWA on TBS Ric Flair title matches like Clash of the Champions.
Coffey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-04-2012, 06:41 PM   #62 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Orlando
Posts: 2,348
TN Punk TN Punk TN Punk TN Punk TN Punk TN Punk TN Punk
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

When Jericho showed up it was the #1 trending topic on twitter. People on my timeline who don't even watch raw tuned in and was tweeting about it.
__________________
Check out my WWE Live Event Photography at a NXT Full Sail Taping.
TN Punk is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:50 PM   #63 (permalink)
Ray
I am Jack's broken heart
 
Ray's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Paper Street
Posts: 7,222
Ray Ray Ray Ray Ray Ray Ray Ray Ray Ray Ray
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

1) Get some decent commentators. Keep Cole if you love him that much Vince, but for the love of god, EVERY FAN wants to hear Jim Ross on their television sets every Monday nights. The guy is a legend, he knows how to put talent over, he knows how to properly hype a show or a PPV, so why not have him on? Add to the fact that Cole and Lawler have ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE chemistry together, and babble on about things not related to wrestling or whats going on in the match. I'm sure I'm not the only one who changes the channel when Cole and Lawler start arguing about stupid things. Move Cole to SmackDown, honestly, he's decent with Booker and Josh, but terrible with King. Even a three way booth at RAW is fine, just add Ross to it.

2) Get out of your own bubble Vince. Stop forcing terms like "WWE Universe", "WWE Championship", "Patented Punt", "The Viper". The terms are fine, and I get Wrestlers have their own little gimmicks and nick names that the WWE wants us to get behind, but everytime I watch WWE Programming, it just feels like Cole is reading out a custom made dictionary created by Vince for the sole purpose of forcing and annoying the viewers. It's a little thing, but I'm sure I'm not the only one bothered by it.

3) Book the Diva's better and get Diva's who can actually wrestle, and have the looks. They're honestly not that hard to find, ala Trish, Lita etc. To my knowledge, Kharma wasn't losing viewers when she came out, so you know WWE, it helps if you actually build up some diva's and help us give a shit about them. Keep Kelly on my TV screen if you really want, but please don't have her wrestling. Have her managing or something OTHER then wrestling. Just because Kelly made the Maxim magazine cover, don't spend the next 50 weeks pushing her down our throats.

4) Please have Cena ease of on some of his campy jokes. And have him show weakness like every other wrestler would. It's because of Cena dependency that WWE is failing right now. Now all the viewers don't really give a shit about ANY other wrestler other then him mainly because WWE has put over Cena at the expense of the entire roster. If anything, book him like Orton. The guy's still over, and yet when he has to, he loses clean like to Mark Henry. He shows weakness, and puts over talent like Rhodes and Barrett. Not saying Cena doesn't put over talent, he does in a more indirect way, but the way Orton does is definitely more effective. I've noticed lately Cody Rhodes is becoming a bigger of a threat in the eyes of the audience, with the crowd noticing him more and such, as opposed to lets say, 4 months ago. Cena being the superman has ruined the credibility of the rising star in Wade Barrett, not just Barrett but alot of other people as well. It's because of the audience being Cena dependent that the Cena get's fired angle didn't play out as it should have last year. It's because of Cena being the superman that no one will ever take anyone seriously until the guy retires. And even that's a stretch because if Cena doesn't put over the "next big thing" before he retires, or even gets a career ending injury, the WWE WILL lose tonnes of money. Get the Superhero quality out of Cena, and stop forcing him down our throats, and then the product will be guaranteed better.

5) Get a decent tag division, and everything else will work itself out. When guys like Miz, Bryan, Show, Kane are out of a main-event feud, or just got out of a high profile one, team them up until it's their turn again to engage in a feud. I've noticed the WWE was noticeably better back whenever they DID have a good tag division rather then when they didn't. The reasoning being is that it keeps some of the main-event superstars busy without them losing any steam until they're ready to go into a high profile feud again.

Follow these 5 steps, and WWE will be right back on track.
__________________

Credit: GOATviaDQ

Last edited by Ray : 01-04-2012 at 06:52 PM.
Ray is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:52 PM   #64 (permalink)
Not Tough Enough
 
CP Munk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 2,128
CP Munk CP Munk CP Munk CP Munk
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Y2NoDraw.
CP Munk is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:53 PM   #65 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,536
Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE Rock316AE
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CP Munk View Post
Y2NoDraw.
Why do you say that?
Rock316AE is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:54 PM   #66 (permalink)
Lord of the Seven Kingdoms and Protector of the Realm
 
TMPRKO's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Posts: 6,232
TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO TMPRKO
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

O god this is an "official thread" now? More trolls in one place I guess.
__________________
TMPRKO is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:55 PM   #67 (permalink)
Not Tough Enough
 
CP Munk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Purgatory
Posts: 2,128
CP Munk CP Munk CP Munk CP Munk
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Why do you say that?
Because like punk he's a talentless boring bland talentlesss indyriffic hyprocrit talentless boring bland bland boring boring bland boring boring bland indy hack no draw.
CP Munk is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #68 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
HHHbkDX's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 3,180
HHHbkDX HHHbkDX HHHbkDX HHHbkDX HHHbkDX HHHbkDX HHHbkDX
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Why do you say that?
We should be asking you that question, every time you post
__________________
HHHbkDX is online now  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:56 PM   #69 (permalink)
The Sundance Kid
 
CamillePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Disappointing you
Posts: 10,057
CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk CamillePunk
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psx71 View Post
1) Get some decent commentators. Keep Cole if you love him that much Vince, but for the love of god, EVERY FAN wants to hear Jim Ross on their television sets every Monday nights. The guy is a legend, he knows how to put talent over, he knows how to properly hype a show or a PPV, so why not have him on? Add to the fact that Cole and Lawler have ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE chemistry together, and babble on about things not related to wrestling or whats going on in the match. I'm sure I'm not the only one who changes the channel when Cole and Lawler start arguing about stupid things. Move Cole to SmackDown, honestly, he's decent with Booker and Josh, but terrible with King. Even a three way booth at RAW is fine, just add Ross to it.

2) Get out of your own bubble Vince. Stop forcing terms like "WWE Universe", "WWE Championship", "Patented Punt", "The Viper". The terms are fine, and I get Wrestlers have their own little gimmicks and nick names that the WWE wants us to get behind, but everytime I watch WWE Programming, it just feels like Cole is reading out a custom made dictionary created by Vince for the sole purpose of forcing and annoying the viewers. It's a little thing, but I'm sure I'm not the only one bothered by it.

3) Book the Diva's better and get Diva's who can actually wrestle, and have the looks. They're honestly not that hard to find, ala Trish, Lita etc. To my knowledge, Kharma wasn't losing viewers when she came out, so you know WWE, it helps if you actually build up some diva's and help us give a shit about them. Keep Kelly on my TV screen if you really want, but please don't have her wrestling. Have her managing or something OTHER then wrestling. Just because Kelly made the Maxim magazine cover, don't spend the next 50 weeks pushing her down our throats.

4) Please have Cena ease of on some of his campy jokes. And have him show weakness like every other wrestler would. It's because of Cena dependency that WWE is failing right now. Now all the viewers don't really give a shit about ANY other wrestler other then him mainly because WWE has put over Cena at the expense of the entire roster. If anything, book him like Orton. The guy's still over, and yet when he has to, he loses clean like to Mark Henry. He shows weakness, and puts over talent like Rhodes and Barrett. Not saying Cena doesn't put over talent, he does in a more indirect way, but the way Orton does is definitely more effective. I've noticed lately Cody Rhodes is becoming a bigger of a threat in the eyes of the audience, with the crowd noticing him more and such, as opposed to lets say, 4 months ago. Cena being the superman has ruined the credibility of the rising star in Wade Barrett, not just Barrett but alot of other people as well. It's because of the audience being Cena dependent that the Cena get's fired angle didn't play out as it should have last year. It's because of Cena being the superman that no one will ever take anyone seriously until the guy retires. And even that's a stretch because if Cena doesn't put over the "next big thing" before he retires, or even gets a career ending injury, the WWE WILL lose tonnes of money. Get the Superhero quality out of Cena, and stop forcing him down our throats, and then the product will be guaranteed better.

5) Get a decent tag division, and everything else will work itself out. When guys like Miz, Bryan, Show, Kane are out of a main-event feud, or just got out of a high profile one, team them up until it's their turn again to engage in a feud. I've noticed the WWE was noticeably better back whenever they DID have a good tag division rather then when they didn't. The reasoning being is that it keeps some of the main-event superstars busy without them losing any steam until they're ready to go into a high profile feud again.

Follow these 5 steps, and WWE will be right back on track.
lol I love these posts. Why didn't they think of that?!
__________________
CamillePunk is offline  
Old 01-04-2012, 06:57 PM   #70 (permalink)
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,023
Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
Honestly, at this point, which this is a huge statement that many will disagree with, but I think the TV shows would be better if they just did away with the wrestling entirely.

Hear me out!

Think about it, what are the weakest parts of the show? Other than bad comedy which does come to mind, I think of commercial breaks mid-match, bad commentary, Divas matches and over-exposure. If there aren't any matches on TV it will do a few different things: It'll help hide the weaknesses of the people that aren't stellar in the ring, especially the women like Kelly Kelly. Michael Cole won't have to do play-by-play. You can have more segments dedicated to getting an angle over. The Pay-Per-View matches would mean more and thus (I would think) more people would pay to watch them. Or, coming in a couple of months, need WWE Network to view them.

What exactly are free TV matches doing for us right now? Killing all the potential fresh matches before a PPV happens? Making us grow tired of our favorites wrestlers relying on the same tried and true spots? Sitting through bad commercial breaks mid-match to get back to bad commentating leading into a fuck finish because they won't change titles on TV?

Maybe I'm crazy but I would rather watch C.M. Punk have his own Piper's Pit style segment than watch him wrestle The Miz, Alberto Del Rio, Jack Swagger or Dolph Ziggler again. I would rather see Kelly Kelly in more segments like she had with The Big Show backstage than her wrestling and doing stinkfaces. I would rather see Michael Cole as a backstage interviewer again, trying to troll wrestlers to their face instead of trolling the entire listening audience for the entire duration of each and every program.

You could still have a main event. The paying audience will want something, for sure. But you can give them dark matches while showing stuff to the TV audience and then giving an actual, legit match at the end of the night that had real consequences and impact on the damn angles that they're trying to portray, instead of a last-minute six man slapped together for no goddamn reason. Old school NWA on TBS Ric Flair title matches like Clash of the Champions.
Maybe you're crazy? If they gave the slightest thought to fixing the "commercial breaks mid-match, bad commentary, Divas matches and over-exposure", and nothing changed, then maybe you'd have a point. But jettisoning wrestling from a wrestling show to improve ratings is cutting off your nose to spite your face, and then eating the nose.
__________________


Mister Hands is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios