**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 672 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?
Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #6711 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 05:45 PM
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
SteenIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

CM-DRAW is his new name.

SteenIsGod is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #6712 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 05:53 PM
FEAR THE BROCKTAGON
 
JY57's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 11,524
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

damn @ ADR & Kofi losing almost a 1,000,000 viewers

http://images.wikia.com/deusex/en/images/e/e7/Adam_Jensen_Concept.jpg
JY57 is offline  
post #6713 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 09:15 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Like Foley last week, JR did the peak of the show this week(Horrendous number anyway). JR was always a big TV draw, which most of the time hasn't worked in his favor because Vince used this excuse against him. Other than that, Big Show/Sheamus did second biggest as expected and the overrun, which if I'm not mistaken was lower than last week, did probably the worst overrun number in the history of RAW.

As for the Vince situation, like vanboxmeer explained perfectly a few pages ago, Stephanie is Vince without the ambition, the business mind, the creative sense and the order management ability. She's completely clueless and one of the reasons this company is on an hourglass.
Rock316AE is offline  
post #6714 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:10 PM
Carrying SCOTT STEINER's bags
 
SarcasmoBlaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3,580
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lady Killer View Post
Everybody active sucks. Nobody active is a draw (aside from Cena).

/thread
This. Fuck, this thread is the absolute worst.

Hint: If you have to argue about whether or not someone is a draw for 600 pages, they are not a draw.
SarcasmoBlaster is offline  
post #6715 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:11 PM
Working on my abs
 
mblonde09's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Posts: 2,506
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Like Foley last week, JR did the peak of the show this week(Horrendous number anyway). JR was always a big TV draw, which most of the time hasn't worked in his favor because Vince used this excuse against him. Other than that, Big Show/Sheamus did second biggest as expected and the overrun, which if I'm not mistaken was lower than last week, did probably the worst overrun number in the history of RAW.

As for the Vince situation, like vanboxmeer explained perfectly a few pages ago, Stephanie is Vince without the ambition, the business mind, the creative sense and the order management ability. She's completely clueless and one of the reasons this company is on an hourglass.
LOL at you acting like Punk wasn't even there. Punk completely owned that segment.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrion Lannister View Post
70% of this forum, if not higher, are morons.
mblonde09 is offline  
post #6716 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-04-2012, 10:54 PM
Moron
 
Pro Royka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
 
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Like Foley last week, JR did the peak of the show this week(Horrendous number anyway). JR was always a big TV draw, which most of the time hasn't worked in his favor because Vince used this excuse against him. Other than that, Big Show/Sheamus did second biggest as expected and the overrun, which if I'm not mistaken was lower than last week, did probably the worst overrun number in the history of RAW.

As for the Vince situation, like vanboxmeer explained perfectly a few pages ago, Stephanie is Vince without the ambition, the business mind, the creative sense and the order management ability. She's completely clueless and one of the reasons this company is on an hourglass.
Everything you say is questionable, I hate the fact that you dismiss Punk as if he doesn't exist. Your hate is way too stupid actually, even if the guy had a huge success you will find a way to make an excuse and try your hardest to label the success to his opponent. Dude Orton can't draw, I already proved it, he lost in the overrun with Trips, and got the lowest ratings in 2010 as a WWE champion were others did much better ratings in the exact same year, and also got the lowest ratings on SD as a champion with a 1.63 and when Christian won the title he raised ratings to 2.2 and when Orton won it back he strikes again with another low rating 1.78, nobody wants to see this boring guy on SD and ratings doesn't get effected if he isnt there instead it actaully rises. No, it isn't the lowest gain of all time kid, whats with you everything is lowest of all time when it comes to Cm Punk, as you don't show facts when infact many did worst including Orton, Cena, Hardy etc. Show/Sheamus was actaully a poor gain as its the time were people actually tune in mostly. Last week it was near a million viewers the guy that supposed to be the worst of all time, when infact that segement was about him and he gained a lot not only last week, also in the previous year and still can. One more thing Orton highest gain this year was with the worst of all time Punk when they had a match and when it comes in other times Orton lose tons of viewers that if I'm not mistaken. Making excuses and blaming his opponent for not being intresting enough to gain viewers when infact it wasnt the only time, it happened mostly all the time because if he doesnt face guys like Show or Punk he doesnt draw shit as the weekly breakdowns can prove it. Most of the time you're a pathetic excuse of a poster, arent you the guy who said Show has great mic skills.

Last edited by Pro Royka; 10-04-2012 at 11:22 PM.
Pro Royka is offline  
post #6717 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 02:51 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Tnmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 586
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
   
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Skullbone- View Post
The numbers that Ryback's pulled in over last few weeks isn't exactly reflective of the desire casuals appear to have that Vince certainly does in putting him on that podium is it?
Not really. He's reliable, with such short amount of push(it has been what 6 months right? and most of them were local jobbers), he's proved that he can draw even at random quarters. Like I said before, we dont really know if he can draw or not until they actually put the title on him.


Quote:
What's your desire in seeing this guy as being a figurehead? What will he bring besides the stereotypical image?
He will bring what Batista or Goldberg brought to the table. A powerhouse brute who's unstoppable. People love that kinda stuff as proven in the past, he can be a big draw if pushed right. That "stereotypical image" is something that exists only among the internet fans and wrestling hardcores to a degree, casuals dont care so its irrelevant.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
For 9 months Punk was treated as second best if even. Since Raw 1000 he's been the central point of the show. Now granted, he hasn't been doing any good but you can't treat any champion in that position like dirt for 9 months out of 10 and then suddenly expect masses of people to buy into him as a legit show carrying superstar because all the actual show carrying superstars left. Taking the title off Punk solves nothing. This weeks Raw we got some insight into what WWE looks like without any star power. Punk is the 'top star' right now on a roster where there are no stars. There is a lot of merit in what you're saying and I spent a few posts saying the same thing myself but it isn't as black and white as that either. Punk is essentially feuding with nobody right now. He's in limbo while WWE sit on their hands waiting to see if John Cena can compete at the PPV. They haven't treated him the way a champion of 300+ days should have been treated for the duration of his reign so is it any bit of wonder he's bombing in the ratings?
I disagree. Just because he played second fiddle to John Cena, the absolute top guy of the company, doesnt mean he was "treated like dirt". By that logic, Batista was treated like dirt most of his career. Much like Sheamus right now, Batista post 2006 hardly ever main evented over Cena and the WWE title. Hell, he couldnt even main event with Cena, wrestlemania 26 Cena/Batista was the top draw but they promoted Taker/Shawn as the top match instead and it bombed. How many PPVs did Jeff Hardy main event? the few he did main event were against Punk. You can push the mid card act as a main event attraction every ppv if you want, but its just not going to work because the fundamental problem lies with Punk.

Tnmore is offline  
post #6718 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 05:21 AM
In Jericho, we trust
 
-Skullbone-'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: G'day!
Posts: 2,174
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnmore View Post
Not really. He's reliable, with such short amount of push(it has been what 6 months right? and most of them were local jobbers), he's proved that he can draw even at random quarters. Like I said before, we dont really know if he can draw or not until they actually put the title on him.
Jesus, he drew. 'Drew' is not the same as 'draw.' The last couple of weeks has seen Ryback lose viewers where he's been utilised as a standalone figure. Since I know such numbers aren't much more than an indication of the performer reception for company insiders, I'm confident in saying that that's nothing to be too concerned about if you're hoping for a Ryback push. However, in a thread where posters appear to have this mindset that viewership numbers must go through the roof in every possible segment I figured I'd follow suit and voice concerns over his current 'appeal.'

Slapping the title on Ryback to 'see if he's a draw' is the sort of management that's a key problem with current WWE. There's a lack of continuity in the company, as well as a discernibly even level of performers that can be accepted by audiences without being forced over others and fear any sort of backlash. The reason he's generally 'quite liked' around here is because the guy has had his weaknesses masked, strengths accentuated and has a character that's somewhat of a change of pace in this era.

As champion he's going to have to start carrying segments and working promos of high importance, become a prominent media figure to represent the company, and work matches of main event caliber. I cannot see this guy do anything of the sort because he hasn't exhibited any outstanding or particularly strong qualities that make him stand out as someone that will specifically sought after by a large enough number of outsider fans to be considered a draw.

Quote:
He will bring what Batista or Goldberg brought to the table. A powerhouse brute who's unstoppable. People love that kinda stuff as proven in the past, he can be a big draw if pushed right. That "stereotypical image" is something that exists only among the internet fans and wrestling hardcores to a degree, casuals dont care so its irrelevant.
Do you like that stuff? You're an internet fan as well so we can discuss it in proper context. In regards to your comparisons with Batista and Goldberg. I'm sorry but looking at those three three shoulder to shoulder will not work out in his favour. Goldberg came at a time where his appeal could be exploited for all that was possible, and Batista was the beneficiary of fantastic, inspired booking that's distinctly lacking from today's product.

On a surface level, the guy is currently a second-rate continuation to both these wrestlers and comes up short in most of their identifiable assets and renowned traits. Casuals see it as well and are already comparing Ryback to those sort of characters with tepid receptions. Continuations that are only a couple of years spanned apart from each are not destined for great feats unless they possess a hook or uniquely specialized trait the original lacked.

If you truly concerned about casual appeal and not just doing it to justify your hatred of certain wrestlers, then I'm afraid you may be disappointed to find that there's little appeal in wrestling to a larger audiences to draw in large quantities of viewers and consumers. It'll take something of extraordinary appeal to get people of modern culture to care about professional wrestling. Current Ryback is very, very unlikely to be anything extraordinary and has proven very little aside from possessing a badass look.

I hope he can improve in all areas as I do every performer. However, unless he becomes an extraordinarily popular brand in himself stemming from some sort of fantastic market pitch (as that's all he is based off after all: appearances), despite the company not doing much right in that area outside of one or two instances he'll be seen by a large enough portion of the audience as many do here to undermine him: a second-rate, one-dimensional and plain ol' boring continuation of roided up freaks who live under the stigma of being dimwitted. He may well become a viewership success in time, but it isn't going to change the current lack of interest outside of the established fan group. No individual can at this moment in time.

Last edited by -Skullbone-; 10-05-2012 at 09:34 AM.
-Skullbone- is offline  
post #6719 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
THE ONE.
 
YoungGun_UK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: UK
Posts: 5,355
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Rock316 is easily the best heel in the business, wheres that gif off Punk reeling in the bate?

YoungGun_UK is offline  
post #6720 of 9175 (permalink) Old 10-05-2012, 10:39 AM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Twisted14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Australia
Posts: 1,264
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
           
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

The problem may be Punk, but it isn't because of the work he does. It's the shitty way WWE has gone about pushing him and promoting him. He's the WWE champion and has put on great matches throughout his run, what else can he do? I think everybody on the roster is going out there and doing the best they damn well can. Punk goes out every week and performs extremely well, whether you like the guy or you don't, you have to admit that. They all do their best with what they're given. The problem is Cena. As bboy has pointed out above. No Cena and the ratings drop. This isn't the fault of Cena or anyone else on the roster. It's quite clearly the WWE's fault.

Nobody else is on his level. Punk is the closest. There are so many people out there (kids and adults included) who only tune in to watch Cena and don't give a shit about the rest of the show. It's pretty clear when you have stories of WWE giving partial refunds to people who went to live shows expecting Cena to be there. It's a sad fucking state that they have nobody that can replace him. They have nobody built up for it. Where's Randy Orton? Filming a fucking movie. Sheamus is being built to be in that spot but he's not there yet. It's just too little too late. This is a desperate time, they have spent the last however many years dicking around and building only one guy and ignoring everyone else.

They didn't lose ALL THAT many viewers. It's the lowest rating in a long time but it isn't THAT many people, they still have heaps of people watching and there are other factors here. The football, the fact that ratings often dip around this time of year, and the fact it is a 3 hour show. A lack of Cena would definitely have contributed to it though.

They've been riding on the success of Cena for way too long and haven't been using him to put anyone else up on the same level. They came close with CM Punk this year. But they went and screwed that up by putting him below Cena all the time. This was bound to happen eventually, Cena would get injured and they wouldn't know what to do. What happens if Cena can't make HIAC? Punk v. Ryback? I would rather not see that. But if not him then who else?
Twisted14 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome