**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 664 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 06:34 PM   #6631 (permalink)
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,023
Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I watched Mania 28, with my dad in the room again, a few weeks back and he found Show vs. Cody absolutely fucking hilarious because Cody was getting his ass kicked by this huge guy. He legit at that match lol. It was nuts. He joked about with the rest of the matches. Then when the HIAC came on he completely shut up, went silent and pretty much lost himself in the spectacle of it all which I teased him about of course because he teases me for watching in the first place lol. Then he fucked off for the rest of the show and came back to see Rock vs. Cena at the end. He's a Rock fan and acts like he's been there all along. Still calls it WWF too lol.
Man, who'd have thought that stripping away the bullshit and presenting a wrestling match like it genuinely means something would capture people's attention? But nah, let's have a fucking Tout debate about the WHC title match instead.

Also, as far as apportioning blame goes, my vote goes to creative, and the McMahons. They might not be able to magically conjure up mega-draws, but it's totally their job to figure out how to stop the viewer haemorrhaging that's going on. No matter where you are on the card, you're at the mercy of those guys.
__________________


Mister Hands is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-03-2012, 06:35 PM   #6632 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,588
Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

^^^^ It was a combo of the spectacle, Metallica in the background lol, he knows HHH and Taker, the loudness of the fans on the surround sound and the awesomeness of the actual match itself. He was totally hooked. Same for Rock/Cena.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kokepepsi View Post
Attitude era breakdowns would show an increase of viewership throughout the show with big gains in the 10pm/ovverrun. Rarely lost viewers in any segment, and if they did it was very little.

Focus was on the midcard and main event.

The current notion that the mainevent is all that matters is what is hurting them.
They buried everyone to benefit the main angle and people don't have a reason to sit through 3 hours of shit for 20 minutes worth watching.
Exactly, which is why most of the burden is then placed on the main program to draw in the bulk of the viewers and prop up the rest of the show. That's why the opener, 9pm, 10pm and overrun are such important time slots, because they are the only real opportunities to maximize viewership which is why the main feud of the show usually gets put in these slots. When these segments are doing below average numbers then the rest of the show doesn't stand a chance. They need to invest in the whole show in order to get the fans to do the same.
__________________

~Nemesis~

Last edited by Starbuck : 10-03-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Starbuck is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:37 PM   #6633 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,990
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnmore View Post
But thats not how it works. Your analysis is flawed. You cannot randomly add up 500k to a quarter and claim this is what would have happened. Thats stupid(no offense).

Lets say either Cena/Taker/HHH/Rock/Brock is advertised for the RAW for the main event angle, then the shows opens with strong viewership, the usual drop occurs in the segments following that, picks back up by 9pm, drops, picks up by 10 and then the final gain at the overrun. The viewership average and the Rating will majorly depend on the overall the show started with. The gains at the key quarters are gonna happen regardless because people are conditioned to these key quarters. This is the reason the champion is usually blamed for low ratings/viewership. Do you see people making excuses for Shawn Michaels 1996? or Kevin Nash 1995 rating? like you're doing here "oh hey look at this quarter michaels gained, look nash gained at 10 pm, what a mega-draw!".

The focus of the entire show on Punk, he is the champion and the main angle and the show does lowest viewership in 15 years two weeks in a row. Like I said earlier, you can blame the booking all you want, come up all sorts of excuses it doesnt change the fact people dont wanna see him as a top guy. He is being forced on them and now you see the result. Vince needs to the take the title off him ASAP. Maybe if Ryback takes the title after squashing him, maybe then the viewership/rating will go back up to normal levels.
Something else is Punk wasn't even the focus of the show this week. The show this week wasn't about anything in particular and was all over the place. AJ was more of the center for the show this week than Punk. Last week? You have a point. This week? No, even if he was in the key gaining points, the show was more about AJ and even JR than it was about Punk, and as much about that debate. Which is the problem, there was no focus on anything, on top of the fact most the show was poor.

It's true that I didn't take into account the fact there would still be more people willing to tune in throughout the show if they tune in at the start of the show in anticipation for one of those big stars. I still don't think the filler segments would be that much bigger and we'd see a much much bigger drop from if Rock opened the show to the next segment as opposed to Punk opening the show to the next segment. There's a lot of stuff to figure in this kind of stuff.

The bold part pretty much sums up that I think you're not getting the point in all of this. Nobody (at least me and KO Bossy I believe) that's saying the show is the problem not Punk is saying Punk is some major draw. He's not. He's just not the reason the reason the show is in such a shit hole. Poor booking choices (which I argued with you about last week), competition, and the overall quality of the show is the reason the overall rating is so low. Not Punk, though Punk isn't helping matters with his inability to bring his segments up through the roof and having the drawing power to make people tune in throughout the show in hopes of seeing him (truth be told though, in this day and age I believe only The Rock and maybe Lesnar can do this). But the numbers you've seen the last few weeks is the average when a major draw isn't on the show, but then that's a problem because they've put all their eggs in one basket as far as full-time workers go.
__________________
I've got some bad news...


Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 10-03-2012 at 06:40 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:42 PM   #6634 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
@Bossy - I don't actually think you do tbh. I'm not being a dick when I say that either. You can blame the midcard, sure. But they don't get any focus or time afforded to them to give them purpose or to give people a reason to want to watch them. That's why people tune out during those segments and will continue to tune out until the opposite occurs. Or you can blame the main segment of the show that is receiving all the focus and all the time because it's the main portion of the show, the promoted portion of the show and essentially THE thing that is supposed to make people want to watch in the first place. Or you can blame them both which is the best option if you ask me. I'm not solely blaming Punk and I never have. But he isn't helping matters...at all. Sure, the segments he's in are gaining viewers but you're giving credit for taking one step forward and two steps back. Your MLB comparison doesn't fly either because you're presuming that the pitchers are all on an equal level when that isn't the case when it comes to main event stars and midcard stars in WWE. It's more like a star player hits every ball while a bunch of no namers strike out every time...just like they were expected to do. In the same example, the star player isn't even that much of a star either. It's not the same thing.
How can you say the midcard is getting no focus when we have a tag team tournament, multiple anger management skits weekly and Kane/Bryan, the tag champions, recently had almost a full episode of Smackdown devoted to them, they were in the main event this week and in past week have have the luxury of getting the 10pm slot? Ryback as well has been getting a lot of attention as of late, and he's still in the midcard.

Punk is absolutely getting the main focus of the show, and he isn't drawing in the viewers a John Cena of 2006 would. I'm not disputing that. What I AM disputing is these ridiculous allegations that simply due to the fact that he's WWE champion, he warrants all of the blame for this rating. That's why comments like "a 2.7? Man, Punk just continues to kill the ratings" piss me off. They don't make any sense. One guy isn't responsible for how the entire show draws. He can influence it, yes, but he's not solely to blame (or praise, depending on the situation).

This is why Tnmore's arguments baffle me. "Its the lowest rating in 15 years, its all Punk's fault." The ratings already sucked, this is a minor dip. And its possible Punk is to blame. But this guy is talking like the WWE was doing 5s and 6s in ratings before Punk became champion. Even still, while Punk may not be helping matters, he certainly isn't the only culprit who deserves blame.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:45 PM   #6635 (permalink)
Moron
 
Pro Royka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Pro Royka is being a bitch
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
You exposed them did you? No, I didn't know that.
Yes, I did actually. The superstars names are Ra... ...Ndy..... And Je..... ...Ff. You know the rest.

Last edited by Pro Royka : 10-03-2012 at 06:51 PM.
Pro Royka is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:52 PM   #6636 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,588
Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
How can you say the midcard is getting no focus when we have a tag team tournament, multiple anger management skits weekly and Kane/Bryan, the tag champions, recently had almost a full episode of Smackdown devoted to them, they were in the main event this week and in past week have have the luxury of getting the 10pm slot? Ryback as well has been getting a lot of attention as of late, and he's still in the midcard.

Punk is absolutely getting the main focus of the show, and he isn't drawing in the viewers a John Cena of 2006 would. I'm not disputing that. What I AM disputing is these ridiculous allegations that simply due to the fact that he's WWE champion, he warrants all of the blame for this rating. That's why comments like "a 2.7? Man, Punk just continues to kill the ratings" piss me off. They don't make any sense. One guy isn't responsible for how the entire show draws. He can influence it, yes, but he's not solely to blame (or praise, depending on the situation).

This is why Tnmore's arguments baffle me. "Its the lowest rating in 15 years, its all Punk's fault." The ratings already sucked, this is a minor dip. And its possible Punk is to blame. But this guy is talking like the WWE was doing 5s and 6s in ratings before Punk became champion. Even still, while Punk may not be helping matters, he certainly isn't the only culprit who deserves blame.
First of all, you shouldn't be getting pissed off at people on the internet. Some people don't discuss things in great detail like most in here do. A lot of folks pop in this thread, see the overall is dropping week by week and naturally place the blame on the champ. That's happened for as long as I can remember and will continue to happen too because that's just what people do and you can't change that. In 2003 ratings were dropping hard with HHH as champ and he took the brunt of the blame for that. It didn't matter to some people that the boom was over and Rock/Austin were gone or on their way out. HHH was the champ and he was the one 'killing the business' lol. That's just the way some folks are going to view things and there's no reason to get legit pissed off about it.

The midcarders have been getting ignored for around 5 years now. 5 weeks of investment isn't going to magically change that and thinking that it will is naive tbh. For the longest time WWE have been telling us that everybody outside the title picture is basically worthless. That takes a hell of a lot of time to undo and it certainly isn't going to be fixed because they finally pulled their head out of their ass and decided to let the tag teams have a tournament. Ryback? He hasn't even been on TV for a year. Come on. These guys are in no position to take responsibility for drawing fans and I don't think anybody realistically expects them to either.
__________________

~Nemesis~
Starbuck is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:55 PM   #6637 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Tnmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 586
Tnmore 101 - 250Tnmore 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Sandrone View Post
Something else is Punk wasn't even the focus of the show this week. The show this week wasn't about anything in particular and was all over the place. AJ was more of the center for the show this week than Punk. Last week? You have a point. This week? No, even if he was in the key gaining points, the show was more about AJ and even JR than it was about Punk, and as much about that debate. Which is the problem, there was no focus on anything, on top of the fact most the show was poor.
The hook for the show was from last week and he was the focus of the show. And No, AJ was not the focus of this week's show, punk was/still is, he was part of all the key quarters, he is the main event storyline. That is a pathetic excuse, blaming a diva AJ.

Quote:
The bold part pretty much sums up that I think you're not getting the point in all of this. Nobody (at least me and KO Bossy I believe) that's saying the show is the problem not Punk is saying Punk is some major draw. He's not. He's just not the reason the reason the show is in such a shit hole. Poor booking choices (which I argued with you about last week), competition, and the overall quality of the show is the reason the overall rating is so low. Not Punk, though Punk isn't helping matters with his inability to bring his segments up through the roof and having the drawing power to make people tune in throughout the show in hopes of seeing him (truth be told though, in this day and age I believe only The Rock and maybe Lesnar can do this). But the numbers you've seen the last few weeks is the average when a major draw isn't on the show, but then that's a problem because they've put all their eggs in one basket as far as full-time workers go.
Point blank, PUNK CANT DRAW AS CHAMPION.


Quote:
This is why Tnmore's arguments baffle me. "Its the lowest rating in 15 years, its all Punk's fault." The ratings already sucked, this is a minor dip. And its possible Punk is to blame.
LOWEST IN 15 F*CKING YEARS? Can you even read?

Quote:
Even still, while Punk may not be helping matters, he certainly isn't the only culprit who deserves blame.
Yes he is. He cant draw as champion, as the focus of the show and he should take the blame. If mid card is responsible for ratings/viewership, drop or increase, then why is this guy the WWE champion?
__________________
Tnmore is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:58 PM   #6638 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000KO Bossy 10501 - 11000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnmore View Post
The focus of the entire show on Punk, he is the champion and the main angle and the show does lowest viewership in 15 years two weeks in a row. Like I said earlier, you can blame the booking all you want, come up all sorts of excuses it doesnt change the fact people dont wanna see him as a top guy. He is being forced on them and now you see the result. Vince needs to the take the title off him ASAP. Maybe if Ryback takes the title after squashing him, maybe then the viewership/rating will go back up to normal levels.
Ugh...

No, its not ENTIRELY on Punk. Learn English for the love of God. Punk is a main focus of the show, not the main focus of the entire show.

And this lowest viewership in 15 years you keep dwelling on is just inane. The WWE has been treading water above this line you've created for almost a year now, and now its dipped below it. "Oh Punk is such an anti draw, he needs to lose the title!" How do you explain the shitty ratings for the rest of the year when he WASN'T as much of a focus?

Once again, you speak for the entire WWE audience by making mother hood statements like "people don't want to see him as top guy." No, YOU don't want to see him as top guy because of some hidden grudge you have against him. What did he do, defecate on your porch or something? When he started getting more of a focus on the show in late July up until mid September, the ratings were on par for the course with WWE ratings of today. Why don't you ever bring that up? You'd rather focus on the past 2 weeks to judge his entire drawing ability, which is absolutely ridiculous. You are going out of your way to look for fault in CM Punk and conveniently ignore the times when he does something well, which screams that you have some sort of agenda to try and push.

You claim he's being forced on the fans, when in reality his segments have been gaining lately, so he gets more air time. You're all about the ratings, apparently. Increase in viewers means increase interest, hence the audience wanting to see more of him. If this guy was like ADR and got no reaction and was still getting the amount of air time he gets now, then I'd agree, he's being forced on the audience.

And since you're a ratings fiend, why not look at Ryback's segments over the past few weeks and notice that most, if not all, have LOST viewers. So you want Punk, the man who has been gaining viewers, to lose the title to a man who is losing them. The holes in your own logic expose your prejudice.

You seemingly live by one creed-the WWE champion is responsible solely for how the show draws, and that logic is mind boggling.

Something else I find funny-John Cena was on the show and pushed heavily in the main event slot and overrun last week, and Punk came out unscheduled and unannounced to talk to him. You've made zero mention of Cena's part to play in week 1 of the lowest ratings in 15 years. Gee, wonder why that is...
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 PM   #6639 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 13,990
#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000#BadNewsSanta 8501 - 9000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
The hook for the show was from last week and he was the focus of the show. And No, AJ was not the focus of this week's show, punk was/still is, he was part of all the key quarters, he is the main event storyline. That is a pathetic excuse, blaming a diva AJ.


What hook? The hook they completely ignored until the JR segment? Yeah... no, he was as much the center of the show as Team Hell No was.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnmore View Post

Point blank, PUNK CANT DRAW AS CHAMPION.
Even if that's true, what's WWE going to do? Put the title on Cena? Starbuck said it best, it'd just be a temporary solution. Besides Cena, no one else have proven they'd be able to draw any more than Punk has. Punk is their best bet for the time being until Rock takes the title from him at RR.
__________________
I've got some bad news...


Last edited by #BadNewsSanta : 10-03-2012 at 07:02 PM.
#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 07:00 PM   #6640 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,588
Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Both of you need to calm your shit and keep things civil. No more insulting each other. No need for that and if you can't then just stop replying to each other. You're both going in circles anyways lol.
__________________

~Nemesis~
Starbuck is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios