**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 660 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 10-03-2012, 12:48 PM   #6591 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,126
Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

If WWE just had 90 minutes of live RAW every Monday & that was the only show they had other than the monthly Pay-Per-View, I guarantee the show would improve. Why? Because they would actually have to manage the show accordingly, to get the important stuff on the air & they would be forced to eliminate the nonsense & filler. When RAW is 3 hours long, Smackdown is 2 hours long, NXT is an hour, Main Event is an hour, SLAM! is half an hour & Superstars is an hour, I think they're just worried about being able to put enough stuff on TV at all, since they tape it all in two days, on Monday & Tuesday.

I remember when I used to watch WCW Saturday Night. It felt special back in the day, before the nWo era. 6:05 P.M., baby! But when the show was over, I wasn't tired, I wasn't burned out on the product. I wanted to see more. I was left wanting more. That's important. By the time RAW is over, if you can make it to the end, you feel dreadful. You feel like the show has been on forever. You think "man, good thing this isn't on for another week." Every show burns you out. Imagine if you have tickets & you're there live & they're taping other stuff before that show even! It is crazy.
Coffey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 10-03-2012, 12:50 PM   #6592 (permalink)
October's Colors Are Orange & Black
 
DesolationRow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Listening to Tool's Lateralus While Working Out
Posts: 12,218
DesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcliquez View Post
fucking midgets like Punk, Bryan, etc. and meatheads with no charisma, ring skills, etc. like RyBerg and Sheamus are destroying this business. Dean Ambrose should never see the light of the main roster. Fire that skinny vanilla midget right now. One of the worst things that happened to WWE is the born of CM Punk.


Post of the decade.
__________________
The Giants Win the Pennant! The Giants Win the Pennant! The Giants Win the Pennant!

DesolationRow is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:29 PM   #6593 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,783
D.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I think the problem here starts at Raw 1000. Look at who they brought back for that show:

- Road Dogg
- X Pac
- Shawn Michaels
- Roddy Piper
- Mick Foley
- Trish Stratus
- The Rock
- Bret Hart
- APA
- Lita
- Rikishi
- Undertaker

The point is, they haven't reached back out to many. Why didn't they reach back out to Rikishi? Trish? They did not capitalise on that show in any way, shape or form.

There again, did anyone expect anything different?
D.M.N. is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 01:43 PM   #6594 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
chbulls1_23's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 516
chbulls1_23 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postschbulls1_23 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postschbulls1_23 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
If WWE just had 90 minutes of live RAW every Monday & that was the only show they had other than the monthly Pay-Per-View, I guarantee the show would improve. Why? Because they would actually have to manage the show accordingly, to get the important stuff on the air & they would be forced to eliminate the nonsense & filler. When RAW is 3 hours long, Smackdown is 2 hours long, NXT is an hour, Main Event is an hour, SLAM! is half an hour & Superstars is an hour, I think they're just worried about being able to put enough stuff on TV at all, since they tape it all in two days, on Monday & Tuesday.

I remember when I used to watch WCW Saturday Night. It felt special back in the day, before the nWo era. 6:05 P.M., baby! But when the show was over, I wasn't tired, I wasn't burned out on the product. I wanted to see more. I was left wanting more. That's important. By the time RAW is over, if you can make it to the end, you feel dreadful. You feel like the show has been on forever. You think "man, good thing this isn't on for another week." Every show burns you out. Imagine if you have tickets & you're there live & they're taping other stuff before that show even! It is crazy.
I would gladly sit through an hour and a half of Raw every week. Then it wouldn't be filled with so much B.S. filler material.
__________________
chbulls1_23 is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 02:35 PM   #6595 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,513
Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Peter View Post
Why doesn't it deserve to stay in business? Because it's not to your taste? I'm surprised how much you know about the show's quality since you regularly say that you're not watching. Seems like my relation to Smackdown, which I don't watch. I know what segments happen at times but I can't judge the quality of them without seeing them. I just know that I'm not interested in viewing another WWE show and therefor don't care how it does.

I don't disagree that a lot of Raw is bad, but that's obviously not my point either.
Why? There are many reasons and it not being to my taste is very minor compared to that. One reason is the fact that Vince wastes valuable money on worthless crap like Linda's senate run, pointless movies that about 5 people end up buying and all that shit. Another is the way wrestling has become a shadow of its former self. No, not in a "fuk pg bring bak attitood era!!!!11" way, but in that it insults the fan intelligence big time. I would not want anyone to know that I have the slightest display of interest for WWE in recent times. Just imagine someone who grew up on the Attitude Era and then quit watching wrestling around that point coming into your room as you watch AJ skip around or when she was "knocked out" by a simple push from the Big Show. I, for one, would be embarrassed. Or hell, even teenagers that hung around for the Ruthless Aggression period from 2003-2007. I would NOT want them to see me watching while Smackdown shows a backstage segment of Natalya randomly farting, Hornswoggle being revealed as the anonymous GM or the Muppets appearing in unfunny childish segments on Raw.

As for me "knowing the show's quality" despite not watching... no shit. The reason I stopped watching in the first place was because the quality was terrible. I have still read the results most of the time except the last two weeks and as far as I'm concerned, this shit still sucks and many people agree on that so I take their word for it. I don't have to see the segments to know that they are shit, curiosity has driven me into watching them and I've regretted that choice 9/10 times. I know better than to constantly make the same mistake over and over again. When something sucks so often, you learn to assume that the automatic conclusion will be the same when you read about it.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 03:00 PM   #6596 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Tnmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 586
Tnmore is an after thoughtTnmore is an after thought
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
It makes me laugh that people think Punk is the reason ratings are low. Imagine this Raw or last weeks Raw without Punk, do people acutely think Raw ratings would go up or even stay the same? they would sink even lower then they are now as everything around Punk and Cena are bombing in the breakdowns. DB, Kane, Sheamus, Del Rio and everyone except Cena, Punk and Big Show are losing viewers.
LOL What? Thats because Punk is the focus of the entire show. He's part of all the key quarters, 8pm/9pm/10pm/overrun and the show does the lowest viewership/rating in 15 years.
__________________

Last edited by Tnmore : 10-03-2012 at 03:08 PM.
Tnmore is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 03:43 PM   #6597 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Evil Peter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 991
Evil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsEvil Peter should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Why? There are many reasons and it not being to my taste is very minor compared to that. One reason is the fact that Vince wastes valuable money on worthless crap like Linda's senate run, pointless movies that about 5 people end up buying and all that shit. Another is the way wrestling has become a shadow of its former self. No, not in a "fuk pg bring bak attitood era!!!!11" way, but in that it insults the fan intelligence big time. I would not want anyone to know that I have the slightest display of interest for WWE in recent times. Just imagine someone who grew up on the Attitude Era and then quit watching wrestling around that point coming into your room as you watch AJ skip around or when she was "knocked out" by a simple push from the Big Show. I, for one, would be embarrassed. Or hell, even teenagers that hung around for the Ruthless Aggression period from 2003-2007. I would NOT want them to see me watching while Smackdown shows a backstage segment of Natalya randomly farting, Hornswoggle being revealed as the anonymous GM or the Muppets appearing in unfunny childish segments on Raw.

As for me "knowing the show's quality" despite not watching... no shit. The reason I stopped watching in the first place was because the quality was terrible. I have still read the results most of the time except the last two weeks and as far as I'm concerned, this shit still sucks and many people agree on that so I take their word for it. I don't have to see the segments to know that they are shit, curiosity has driven me into watching them and I've regretted that choice 9/10 times. I know better than to constantly make the same mistake over and over again. When something sucks so often, you learn to assume that the automatic conclusion will be the same when you read about it.
Ok, I understand you. I think it's far more productive to try to gain the confidence not to care what other people think of you, but I understand. I don't care the least who knows that I watch wrestling, and it doesn't matter if it's the PG era or the Attitude era, it's still full of things that could potentially be embarrassing. Stupid things like you describe happened in every era, not to mention that there's always "dumb" things happening that hardcore fans actually like, or at the very least accept. All from basic things like the Irish Whip to there being pseudo-undead that, for some reason, choose to use their powers for wrestling.

And the other part was just to get more info what makes the people that keep on being involved with things they hate tick. It's a pretty interesting phenomenon and it's fun to analyze behavior.
Evil Peter is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 03:45 PM   #6598 (permalink)
#OVER
 
Heel's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: England.
Posts: 11,339
Heel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missedHeel probably won't be missed
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Main reason for the bad ratings: THREE HOURS IS WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.
__________________
JUST TOO SWEEEEEET.

Favourites: Bryan, Wyatt, Young Bucks, BO, Machine Gun KA.
Heel is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 03:55 PM   #6599 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Gang's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Lithuania
Posts: 406
Gang should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsGang should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsGang should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heel View Post
Main reason for the bad ratings: THREE HOURS IS WAY TOO FUCKING LONG.
Weak roster makes 3 hours so long.
__________________

Last.fm
Gang is offline  
Old 10-03-2012, 04:15 PM   #6600 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tnmore View Post
LOL What? Thats because Punk is the focus of the entire show. He's part of all the key quarters, 8pm/9pm/10pm/overrun and the show does the lowest viewership/rating in 15 years.
...............

That's like, approximately, 45 minutes of the show that features Punk (15 to open, 10ish at 9, 10ish at 10, 10 at 11). Last I checked, with overrun, the show was pushing 190 minutes in total. Mathematically speaking, that's less than 24% of the show that has something to do with Punk. What about the other 76%+ that doesn't deal with him? How can you logically argue that Punk is to blame for things he has absolutely nothing to do with?

Oh no wait, its because he's part of all the key quarters as you claim. Except in past weeks those quarters gained viewers (including last week when he and Foley gained 877,000 viewers, pretty solid for today's age). Its the segments like Bryan and Kane hugging, Santino vs Antonio Cesaro and Zack Ryder vs Heath Slater that lose 500,000 viewers at a time that put the WWE in a hole that they can't climb out of. When you start off with a decent number of people watching (say 4 million), then lose 460,000, then gain 80,000, then lose another 220,000, then gain 110,000, then lose 90,000, you're still at a major deficit. Going by my numbers, your 4 million viewers has dwindled to 3,420,000, meaning however decent some segments did, others did so catastrophically bad that the overall number is still shit. Punk's segments draw, but nowhere near the amount they need to to save the show. Fuck, Rock appearing wouldn't be enough to dig them out of some of these viewership loss holes they get into.

This has not so much to do with Punk being a ratings drain as it does with wrestling just not being a cool thing to watch anymore. If Punk legitimately was so terrible at drawing, then by that theory, whenever he wasn't the center of attention, the show would automatically draw spectacularly. Except...it doesn't. Those last 2 Raws before WM28...3.09 and 3.04 ratings, and that's with Rock was in the ring verbally confronting John Cena. Those are NOT good numbers, especially a 3.04 for your go home show to the alleged biggest Wrestlemania ever. Go home show to ER, featuring this supposed huge match with Lesnar and Cena? 3.06. These are when Punk was firmly in the backseat to whatever Cena was doing, and Cena was paired with monster draws. Yet the show...still didn't do that great, especially considering who was involved.

Here's the Raw ratings average by year for the past few years:

2009: 3.59
2010: 3.28
2011: 3.21
2012: 3.12 (so far)

Notice how the ratings are constantly going down. Notice also how they go down even WITHOUT CM Punk being the focus of the show. Guys like Hunter, Shawn, Cena, Edge, Orton, Batista and the like were the prime players in those times. This year is just the next in a pattern showing that people generally just aren't into the product anymore. People like you might try to pin it on Punk, but regardless of who it was, it would happen. Don't believe me? Well, you seem to buy into the numbers, and numbers don't lie. There's the proof. Raw has been getting less and less viewers on average year after year, even when it had nothing to do with Punk. But NOW its Punk's fault. Ridiculous.

Punk is just the scapegoat, a target to pin the shitty ratings on. Its not about Punk, its about the product. As much fun as the kids (a rather paltry percentage of the audience) have watching it, do you really think 25 year olds look at Brodus Clay dancing in the ring with children, Santino dressing up as Sherlock Holmes, Cena screaming out in anguish "BALONEY FUDGE AND MUSTARD" when he receives bad news or Hornswoggle and Vince doing an impression of Jim Ross, and then say to themselves "damn, I have to see how this turns out!" No, they're most likely going to say "Jesus, this is some stupid, lame kiddy show, I wonder what's on ESPN." In fact, almost nothing on the show appeals to kids above 10, and collectively people above 10 are your biggest market. They're the ones tuning out in droves. And they have been for the past several years. Its not an appealing show for them. The IWC seems to have generated a need to pin the blame on someone. Right now, its Punk's turn, just like Orton gets a lot of flak as well. Most of you don't realize that its not people who are to blame, its WHAT is to blame. And that's the product. John Cena being a goofball is not what ruins this product. Its the writers and bookers who are getting him to go out and play this character. I remember once upon a moon when Cena was a really interesting character. Why? Because he was written and booked that way. Punk is not a ratings drain. The entire product is because its been constantly on a decline in quality over the past few years.

If you want to place blame, do so on the right people:



David Kapoor, head writer for Raw



Stephanie McMahon, executive vice president of creative



Brian Gewirtz, senior vice president of creative writing


You wanna blame someone? Blame these people.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios