**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 625 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-27-2012, 02:24 PM   #6241 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Werb-Jericho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Britain
Posts: 548
Werb-Jericho 101 - 250Werb-Jericho 101 - 250Werb-Jericho 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Lady Killer View Post
Sure, people tune into Punk's segments (when he's paired with Foley), but overall viewership is still declining. That's like when you're down 30 in a basketball game and you go on a 10-0 run. Well, you're gaining ground, but you're still losing.
i pretty much only watch for Punk, i tune out or fast forward the rest as it is mediocre at best. It's not Punk's fault there is literally nothing else entertaining on the show
__________________
Werb-Jericho is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-27-2012, 02:42 PM   #6242 (permalink)
Proud Coiner of Dub's Vituperative Moniker, He of the Duplicitous Mien
 
DesolationRow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: My own version of Frank Zappa's log cabin
Posts: 11,980
DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
The overall viewership was shit. But Punk should absolutely not be getting any of the blame as the ONLY THREE SEGMENTS THAT GAINED NUMBERS involved Punk. Yes the numbers they got were not good, but the average viewership was down anyway because of the heavy competition. Stars like Sheamus, Del Rio, Ziggler, Rey Mysterio, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, Kane etc drove all the viewers further away as Punk, Foley, Heyman, Cena etc at least got some of them back.
But Punk's the WWE Champion! And as the current storyline reinforces, it's the WWE Champion who is at the center of everything in WWE and must be held accountable for all things! It is the centerpiece of the product and WWE has consistently made it apparent how relevant Punk is no matter what anyway!
__________________
DesolationRow is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:46 PM   #6243 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,460
GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
The overall viewership was shit. But Punk should absolutely not be getting any of the blame as the ONLY THREE SEGMENTS THAT GAINED NUMBERS involved Punk. Yes the numbers they got were not good, but the average viewership was down anyway because of the heavy competition. Stars like Sheamus, Del Rio, Ziggler, Rey Mysterio, Ryback, Daniel Bryan, Kane etc drove all the viewers further away as Punk, Foley, Heyman, Cena etc at least got some of them back.
Yeah he does. When was the last time you saw a segment that occupies the Main Event lose viewers?

That's the focal point of the show and that's why those segments will draw the most. They're in the best time slots and because of the momentum they're almost guaranteed to get increase in any scenario.

If Sheamus draws a 1.8 on SD when Henry draws a 2.2 all the blame goes on Sheamus. Nobody says did you see the break down? All of Sheamus's SD segments gained viewers so he's not the problem.

I'm not saying Punk is the problem because I think this alot more to do with the 3 hour broadcasts, but you can't say he's drawing because he's not. People are always going to gravitate towards the storyline that's booked the strongest. That's the Main Event.

Bottom line is Raw's putting put up terrible numbers right now.
GillbergReturns is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:49 PM   #6244 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Tnmore's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 586
Tnmore 101 - 250Tnmore 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

LOL at the excuses...as if the guy ever drew when he was the "relevant" champion. Remember the overrun number the night after TLC 2011 with Punk,Bryan and Ryder?

Yeah.
__________________
Tnmore is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:52 PM   #6245 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
The Cynical Miracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: u.k
Posts: 2,990
The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
Yeah he does. When was the last time you saw a segment that occupies the Main Event lose viewers?

That's the focal point of the show and that's why those segments will draw the most. They're in the best time slots and because of the momentum they're almost guaranteed to get increase in any scenario.

If Sheamus draws a 1.8 on SD when Henry draws a 2.2 all the blame goes on Sheamus. Nobody says did you see the break down? All of Sheamus's SD segments gained viewers so he's not the problem.

I'm not saying Punk is the problem because I think this alot more to do with the 3 hour broadcasts, but you can't say he's drawing because he's not. People are always going to gravitate towards the storyline that's booked the strongest. That's the Main Event.

Bottom line is Raw's putting put up terrible numbers right now.
The overrun didn't lose viewers?

Cena and Punk had to gain nearly a MILLION VIEWERS to break into the three's. because the quarter they had to rebound from was THE LOWEST QUARTER HOUR IN FIFTEEN YEARS (a shitty 2.3 thanks to the Divas)
__________________
The Cynical Miracle is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:54 PM   #6246 (permalink)
Moron
 
Pro Royka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Pro Royka is being a bitch
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
What else is there to discuss outside of the most overpushed person on the roster and his (lack of) drawing abilities? That Santino and Zack Ryder lose viewers every time they're on? Not very interesting, is it?

And the logic is indeed mind-blowing. Orton as champion on Smackdown gets 1.7 and all blame is placed on him without anyone even looking at segment breakdowns or anything beyond the full show ratings but Raw is doing terribly bad with Punk as champion and him main eventing the show yet he always gets away with it because his segments gain viewers since the rest of the show has viewers tuning out at a rapid pace. And to further show Punk's lack of drawing abilities, ratings are constantly going down with him being the centerpiece of the show. At least when Cena's meaningless feuds main evented, they didn't reach the upper 2 area for a month straight!

First it was "PUNK CANT DRAW BECAUSE WWE MAKES HIM IRRELEVANT!!!!11" now there's new excuses like "He gains back the 500k viewers that tuned out and still gets called a ratings killer!!!! ARGH!!!!".
It was actually 1.57 and 1.6. As I said be mad about truth, put the frustration on me, obsessed man. Also your obsessed friend Rock316ae, made another excuse saying Orton was a draw, didn't he have Vince, Shane, Steph, Trips, etc. if Orton is a big draw he will help SD but instead it was about to get cancelled as Mark Henry, Bryan, and show helped it to gain a lot more. Its hard to talk to trolls or obsessed men, as they run away and the only thing they do is give me red reps and never respond, run away from the truth. Punk can draw, Orton can draw, everyone can draw if been given the right storyline, booking, and opponents.

Even tho Orton had a big supported career before, he can't draw in SD, it's a failed project tbh, admit the truth, a guy like Batista who was with Orton in evolution drew bigger than him and he wasn't meant to be one but guess what he's a bigger star then him. I don't hate wrestlers because they can't draw or they're aren't big enough, I cheer the talent that entertains me more. Not saying Orton is not a good talent but he's lazy getting suspended and doing stupid staff. People like you say Orton was good on the mic or had a great character before, so what? Why don't you talk about the current Orton, many agrees that he's boring now.

Last edited by Pro Royka : 09-27-2012 at 03:05 PM.
Pro Royka is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 02:55 PM   #6247 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
NearFall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,295
NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500NearFall 3001 - 3500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)



0:40 Respect huh? He should be caring now John.
__________________


Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.
NearFall is offline  
Old 09-27-2012, 03:09 PM   #6248 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,460
GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500GillbergReturns 2001 - 2500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
The overrun didn't lose viewers?

Cena and Punk had to gain nearly a MILLION VIEWERS to break into the three's. because the quarter they had to rebound from was THE LOWEST QUARTER HOUR IN FIFTEEN YEARS (a shitty 2.3 thanks to the Divas)
I don't get what you're saying here. I didn't say the overrun lost viewers. The overrun rarely ever loses viewers. It's a gain every single week.

My point is the top storyline is always going to draw in the most viewers. If you accurately show that Punk's segments equal the same amount of viewers that Raw got in "May" in those timeslots you have a much better point than just saying Punk added 500,000 viewers he's not the problem. If 500,000 viewers equals to 3.9 mil and Raw generally gets 4.2 mil in that time slot he's part of the problem.
GillbergReturns is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:23 PM   #6249 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,469
Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFall View Post
-Italics: However, it does go both ways. Back when Punk was feuding with Jericho(3.1-.3.3s with Rock/Cena as ME) and then Daniel Bryan( which it was Big Show VS Cena and 2.7s-3.0s) the entire ratings were blamed on Punk by a lot of people. But it is probably just his blind haters, like the blind Orton haters.

-Bolded: Rather than bring back my huge post earlier. I'll simply put it as Starbuck did. The fact that he has been treated so irrelevantly as Champion will make people rather uninterested in his first(relatively) main event program as Champion. It simply is not clicking as for the past months, if they missed Punk, they did not miss the main event. Perhaps that ideology is still with a portion of the audience?
I can understand the Punk/Bryan argument to an extent (Cena no showed an episode or two around May-June IIRC). Now for Punk/Jericho? Specially on the RTWM, to blame it for the ratings not rising is just a blatant troll move. I was not a regular visitor of this thread back then so I can't speak on what took place but the feud itself was an afterthought on the show and never once main evented (other than that battle royal after Elimination Chamber) and with The Rock, Taker/HHH/HBK & Lesnar around, it truly was.

On the second part, maybe or maybe not. Punk himself has not done anything to become a non-draw, he just doesn't seem to be able to get to that position is all. And if full show ratings are to be used (similar to how it has been used by trolls against Orton on SD), Punk was unable to help them rise from the get go as the go home show for MITB 11 got right below 3.0 which is not what everyone had hoped for. And he also failed in the ratings department around new year time when Cena took a backseat before his feud with Kane came into full force and Punk main evented with other IWC darlings such as Bryan and Zack Ryder. What they're doing now is trying to get him to become a draw by giving him so much TV time after treating him as irrelevant for the longest time being. It may be too late now and so far, ratings are still down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Denial is not just a river in Egypt...

The arguments of so many people on here are that Punk can't draw PERIOD. The fact that his segments gained viewers dispute that. Now is he inconsistent? Absolutely. But to say he can't draw at all is wrong.
To be very honest, anyone can get the fortune of gaining viewers. The thing is as you mentioned, consistency. Punk doesn't have that. They can't trust him enough to have him go out there and expect him to carry any segment he's in to be a draw or huge gain. Only times he's "impressive" are when he's given somebody who is most likely gaining viewers to back him up (Cena, Foley, Heyman) and therefore, he's not a draw. I don't think anybody has said "He can't gain viewers at all" because something as simple as that just needs the breakdowns to be corrected. People are just saying he's not a trustworthy "draw" if one at all. And like I said before, the bad ratings are not to be blamed on him ENTIRELY. But he deserves to take some of the blame since he's the centerpiece of the show and appears numerous times throughout the 3 hours.
__________________
Choke2Death is online now  
Old 09-27-2012, 04:45 PM   #6250 (permalink)
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,023
Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500Mister Hands 8001 - 8500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
To be very honest, anyone can get the fortune of gaining viewers. The thing is as you mentioned, consistency. Punk doesn't have that. They can't trust him enough to have him go out there and expect him to carry any segment he's in to be a draw or huge gain. Only times he's "impressive" are when he's given somebody who is most likely gaining viewers to back him up (Cena, Foley, Heyman) and therefore, he's not a draw. I don't think anybody has said "He can't gain viewers at all" because something as simple as that just needs the breakdowns to be corrected. People are just saying he's not a trustworthy "draw" if one at all. And like I said before, the bad ratings are not to be blamed on him ENTIRELY. But he deserves to take some of the blame since he's the centerpiece of the show and appears numerous times throughout the 3 hours.
Nobody on the main roster has consistency. Any drawing power anyone has, had or might have is negated by the tedium of WWE creative/3 hour Raws/overexposure. It's a numbing concept for a thread based on analysing the ratings, but I can't draw any other conclusion.
__________________


Mister Hands is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios