**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 599 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 09-17-2012, 10:34 PM   #5981 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
TheUltimateSmark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 168
TheUltimateSmark is an after thoughtTheUltimateSmark is an after thoughtTheUltimateSmark is an after thought
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Yall do know that ratings are based on only 30,000 people that signed up for Neison boxes right??? Ratings are not important.
TheUltimateSmark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-18-2012, 12:39 PM   #5982 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,873
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether View Post
Wonder how many viewers MizTV lost
At one time Miz was in the midst of becoming a legit ratings draw actually. His Making Miztory segment drew something like 1 million viewers featuring just him by himself with no help from a top name. That's something neither Punk, Orton, Bryan or whoever the hell else stupid mark wars erupt over has done. On other occasions in unusual slots with stupid things (Subway promo) he has gained and proven that if they actually put effort into him, people are prepared to watch. It's quite a shame what has happened to him since then tbh.
Starbuck is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #5983 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
NearFall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,300
NearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missed
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Starbuck no selling my post as good as Seamus. Anyway, he is right about Miz though. Real shame how far he has fallen.
__________________


Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.
NearFall is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:38 PM   #5984 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,540
Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by NearFall View Post
Starbuck no selling my post as good as Seamus. Anyway, he is right about Miz though. Real shame how far he has fallen.


It sucks how much Moz has lost of his momentum. Even if they tried they can't create stars, I'm starting to think.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:43 PM   #5985 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post


It sucks how much Moz has lost of his momentum. Even if they tried they can't create stars, I'm starting to think.
Yeah, and then when they don't try, guys get over. Look at Ziggler at NoC on Sunday. People were booing Orton and jeering him while chanting FOR Ziggler. This is the guy who has been flattened right before whenever he tries to cash in his MiTB briefcase. Who has jobbed to Orton and Sheamus week after week for eons. Who was jobbing to Brodus fucking Clay earlier this year. Who was stuck in a dead end tag team with Jack "Black Hole of Charisma" Swagger. The fans are still into him and getting behind him DESPITE all the roadblocks the Fed has put up.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 01:47 PM   #5986 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,873
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Yeah, and then when they don't try, guys get over. Look at Ziggler at NoC on Sunday. People were booing Orton and jeering him while chanting FOR Ziggler. This is the guy who has been flattened right before whenever he tries to cash in his MiTB briefcase. Who has jobbed to Orton and Sheamus week after week for eons. Who was jobbing to Brodus fucking Clay earlier this year. Who was stuck in a dead end tag team with Jack "Black Hole of Charisma" Swagger. The fans are still into him and getting behind him DESPITE all the roadblocks the Fed has put up.
Smarks are starting to bandwagon him BECAUSE of all the roadblocks WWE are supposedly putting in his way. If he had a smooth and easy ride to the top guaranteed that this place would be hating on him like they're currently hating on Ryback or Seamus.

And WWE don't make stars anymore. They give some guys their 15 minutes, in most cases, with John Cena, before having Cena put them back in their place again.
Starbuck is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #5987 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
NearFall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,300
NearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missed
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
And WWE don't make stars anymore. They give some guys their 15 minutes, in most cases, with John Cena, before having Cena put them back in their place again.
I have actually seen that as quite a pattern. Nexus, Miz are two prime examples. They rise but then lose to Cena, following that they simply lose it all. I remember reading a rumour that Vince buries new talents to a degree to see how they "take it" before pushing them again. It actually seems that way.
__________________


Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.
NearFall is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:06 PM   #5988 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 21,540
Choke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREWChoke2Death is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Yeah, and then when they don't try, guys get over. Look at Ziggler at NoC on Sunday. People were booing Orton and jeering him while chanting FOR Ziggler. This is the guy who has been flattened right before whenever he tries to cash in his MiTB briefcase. Who has jobbed to Orton and Sheamus week after week for eons. Who was jobbing to Brodus fucking Clay earlier this year. Who was stuck in a dead end tag team with Jack "Black Hole of Charisma" Swagger. The fans are still into him and getting behind him DESPITE all the roadblocks the Fed has put up.
A better example would be Daniel Bryan IMO. He was starting to get over just fine as World Champion then they tried to bury him hard at Wrestlemania with that 18 seconds crap to the point where he would be tossed to the curb and a jobber doing absolutely nothing. Then he got over to the point where he can battle Cena, Punk, Orton and whoever else for the most over in the company and they had no choice but to give him something to do. And now they've done their best to make him relevant without giving him a World Title by making him a comedy heel with Kane. I mean, yeah, that's some pretty funny stuff they're doing (even his haters here admit it) but Bryan and Kane both are better than being comedy characters.

The problem is Vince's stubbornness. He only pushes those who he likes. Take Alberto del Rio for instance. No one gives two fucks about him in the audience but he continues to get title runs, title shots, beat top guys, win gimmick matches and anything you can possibly think of. But he still can't get a reaction to save his life. Then there's someone like Zack Ryder. Yeah, he sucks and is a jobber at best but he got over and got a push while he was at his hottest. Quickly they turned him into a stupid geek that was tossed around by Kane and outsmarted by Eve until he once again became a jobber that comes out and loses in 1 minute long squash matches to Alberto. Or take Christian for another example. I know he's old now and all, but he was extremely over last year and could have done something good as World Champion but they cut his legs off before he even had a chance and now he's a jobber and never even shows up to Raw or SD. If somebody gets over despite not being liked by Vince, they'll do anything to sabotage said person's momentum. But if it's Vince's pet project, he'll continue to shove him down the audience's throat and never give up. The question remains on whether he'll ever stop the Del Rio push but that's always the example to use for "pushed despite being unimportant".
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:21 PM   #5989 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
NearFall's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 2,300
NearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missedNearFall probably won't be missed
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

The redeeming case for Del Rio though, which has been very evident, is that he is incredibly over in his specific target market, Mexico. Now, while he is of course considered to be a top a heel and should be more over than he is with the general audience, Vince specifically wanted him to be a big draw for the mexican/luchador market. Which he is. The RAWs where he got the big "Culero" chants, the same areas in which Rey Mysterio is targeted for. Sin Cara is also the same. Sadly, despite the fact that he is not that over with the general audience, his target audience absolutely hate him, and we are in desperate need of heels. So Del Rio will continue to be pushed.

That all said, I still find him terribly boring.

As for the rest. Good post Choke2Death, although 2005 was the time to really give Christian a main-event run.
__________________


Thanks Punk

Quote:
Ryan Reeves ‏@Ryback22 2m
I call dibs on GTS, Pepsi Plunge and running knee in corner. I am sure Sheamus will take the rest.

Last edited by NearFall : 09-18-2012 at 02:25 PM.
NearFall is offline  
Old 09-18-2012, 02:23 PM   #5990 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
A better example would be Daniel Bryan IMO. He was starting to get over just fine as World Champion then they tried to bury him hard at Wrestlemania with that 18 seconds crap to the point where he would be tossed to the curb and a jobber doing absolutely nothing. Then he got over to the point where he can battle Cena, Punk, Orton and whoever else for the most over in the company and they had no choice but to give him something to do. And now they've done their best to make him relevant without giving him a World Title by making him a comedy heel with Kane. I mean, yeah, that's some pretty funny stuff they're doing (even his haters here admit it) but Bryan and Kane both are better than being comedy characters.

The problem is Vince's stubbornness. He only pushes those who he likes. Take Alberto del Rio for instance. No one gives two fucks about him in the audience but he continues to get title runs, title shots, beat top guys, win gimmick matches and anything you can possibly think of. But he still can't get a reaction to save his life. Then there's someone like Zack Ryder. Yeah, he sucks and is a jobber at best but he got over and got a push while he was at his hottest. Quickly they turned him into a stupid geek that was tossed around by Kane and outsmarted by Eve until he once again became a jobber that comes out and loses in 1 minute long squash matches to Alberto. Or take Christian for another example. I know he's old now and all, but he was extremely over last year and could have done something good as World Champion but they cut his legs off before he even had a chance and now he's a jobber and never even shows up to Raw or SD. If somebody gets over despite not being liked by Vince, they'll do anything to sabotage said person's momentum. But if it's Vince's pet project, he'll continue to shove him down the audience's throat and never give up. The question remains on whether he'll ever stop the Del Rio push but that's always the example to use for "pushed despite being unimportant".
Don't forget that Ryder also had the burden of being saddled with John Cena as they tried to use him to quell Superman's boos. Then once the boos started to subside they quickly tossed him to the curb while Cena went straight back to the main event in classics against Laurinaitis and Big Show...

I'm still pissed off about Christian. TNA took him in and gave him an opportunity and he showed that he can be a legit main event star. Vince just doesn't see it because he's a senile old fool, so instead of capitalizing on what TNA was able to do with him, he went right back to being a nobody.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios