**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 529 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 07:13 PM   #5281 (permalink)
Moron
 
Pro Royka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Pro Royka
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
First of all, RAW on Memorial day always does low rating. I'll admit that i was wrong about 2.6 being the lowest quarter, even though its terribly low for WWE CHAMPION having a match and being RAW opener unlike Santino/ADR of the RAW breakdown you posted.




LOL look at it again, the WWE champion loses viewers in the 10 P.M quarter where viewers ALWAYS tune in. It wasnt even a low gain, he actually lost viewers which means people were almost sick of him that they decided to tune out on top of the hour.

There's also many times that punk vs Miz lost viewers consistently at 10pm and main event, he also lost viewers against Tensai in the Main Event.




What do I know? I know that the quarter was big because of the Divas match randomly gaining over 400K before the corny drunk segment by the wwe champion. Punk and Jericho gained only 200k which is actually weak for 10 pm, while divas gained 400k. That says it all.




Once again I have to point out, Punk has lost viewers many times in his shitty reign which cena never did when he was champion. Besides whats your point comparing these two anyway? Cena has been part of the main event drawing matches of last two manias, he has a proven record of drawing high ratings. Punk is no John cena. By comparing these two, you only make yourself look stupid.





None of those superstars were longest reigning WWE champion in years. Face it, Punk is a over-pushed peice of shit, a failure. He does not deserve such a massive push. He is the WWE champion but struggles to draw which is the reason they took him off main events and turned him into a mid card champion. Like someone said he is the kevin nash of 1995.


The RAW go home for summerslam 2011 did 3.01 rating not 3.31. The RAW before that week did 3.3 which means ratings were going down "and we were right in the middle of Summer of Punk" as you pointed out.
How is he failure, it's a 3 hour show. When was the last time the show started with a match. Punk is a failure because he can't draw , well I will rather watch Punk all day than watch Cena cut a promo or have a match, all you care about is ratings, why didn't you say anything in the last month were he was drawing good numbers, you like to talk more than you watch. Ryback lost a lot of viewers time to time but you don't say anything about him. When Cena became the face of the company, it happens to be one the worst eras with awful ratings, Edge and Batista carried his ass for that matters.

Last edited by Pro Royka : 08-16-2012 at 07:15 PM.
Pro Royka is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-16-2012, 07:46 PM   #5282 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
If Punk's segments had done well you better believe his marks would be giving him all the credit. They haven't and now it's everybody's fault but his. Just saying. The double standards are quite ridiculous.
As I've pointed out, I'm not a Punk mark. I'm just looking for logic in these arguments. To blame these crappy ratings all on Punk makes absolutely no sense. Is he partly to blame? Absolutely. Solely? No, and no one in their right mind can argue that. Cena, Hunter, Brock, Big Show, Bryan and company all bear part of this cross.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
First of all, RAW on Memorial day always does low rating. I'll admit that i was wrong about 2.6 being the lowest quarter, even though its terribly low for WWE CHAMPION having a match and being RAW opener unlike Santino/ADR of the RAW breakdown you posted.
You seem to be ignorant of the fact that the WWE title has been devalued to much over the past 8 months. Its main evented ONE PPV, whereas every other PPV (bar the Rumble) has been headlined by Cena. Most of those matches didn't even deserve the main event slot-Cena vs Laurinaitis was really more important than Punk and Bryan? Let's also not forget the fact that AJ's involvement COMPLETELY overshadowed the title, to the point that the focus wasn't on the champion and challenger, it was on who AJ was going to side with and what whacko thing she'd do next.

My biggest problem with this whole Punk reign is that its like he's had roadblock after roadblock set up in front of him, like the Fed WANTS him to fail. Yes, he's had many atrocious segments like calling Ace a giant toolbox and whatnot. Not disputing that. You call him the worst drawing champion in a decade. I ask you, what other champion has had as many obstacles thrown in his path like Punk? Never main events PPVs, often his matches are placed in the middle of the card, a fucking diva is given 3 times the TV time he was getting, his feuds were set ups for Cena...he's the champion who isn't being treated as such. Cena and Hunter seem to be the only guys in the company who are having any focus put on them. Any Punk gets is pretty half assed. If the guy can't get a fair chance, how can he really succeed?


Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
LOL look at it again, the WWE champion loses viewers in the 10 P.M quarter where viewers ALWAYS tune in. It wasnt even a low gain, he actually lost viewers which means people were almost sick of him that they decided to tune out on top of the hour.

There's also many times that punk vs Miz lost viewers consistently at 10pm and main event, he also lost viewers against Tensai in the Main Event.
Yeah and I don't dispute that Punk's segments haven't lost viewers. Never said they didn't. Do they always? No. Do Cena's segments always draw? No. Hence, Punk can't be the sole beneficiary of the blame for the crappy ratings.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
What do I know? I know that the quarter was big because of the Divas match randomly gaining over 400K before the corny drunk segment by the wwe champion. Punk and Jericho gained only 200k which is actually weak for 10 pm, while divas gained 400k. That says it all.
What's your point? You say Punk can't draw and in this segment he drew viewers. Your argument is invalid.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
Once again I have to point out, Punk has lost viewers many times in his shitty reign which cena never did when he was champion. Besides whats your point comparing these two anyway? Cena has been part of the main event drawing matches of last two manias, he has a proven record of drawing high ratings. Punk is no John cena. By comparing these two, you only make yourself look stupid.
So you're saying that Cena has NEVER had a bad segment when he's champion? That's not correct and you know it.

Please, continue trying to convince yourself that people bought Wrestlemania 27 to see Cena vs Miz. Its really quite amusing. They paid to see the Rock and you damn well know that. And don't even try saying that Cena was the driving force behind the buys of WM28. Rock's first singles match in 8 years and his main stream publicity are what MADE that WM.

But you bring up a good point-Punk isn't John Cena. John Cena does have a proven record of drawing power. Does Punk? How should we know, he's never been given a chance. He's always playing second or third string behind whatever Cena and Hunter happen to be doing. They've given him the title and yet don't treat him like a champion. What other WWE champion in history has main evented 1 PPV in an 8 month reign? None. He's being treated like a second rate champion. It'd be like Alexander Ovechkin being called a dud because he was only scoring 15 goals a season because he's stuck on the 4th line. Of course he's not living up to his potential, he hasn't been given a fair chance.



Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
None of those superstars were longest reigning WWE champion in years. Face it, Punk is a over-pushed peice of shit, a failure. He does not deserve such a massive push. He is the WWE champion but struggles to draw which is the reason they took him off main events and turned him into a mid card champion. Like someone said he is the kevin nash of 1995.


Just...I don't even know where to start.

How can this guy be over pushed? He hasn't main evented a PPV in over 8 months. You call THAT an over push? John Cena must be Jesus then.

He doesn't deserve a massive push? Has he failed in some phantom push I've never seen? You see, if they pushed him really strongly, like Kevin Nash in 1995, and he failed, sure. Except they haven't...they've given him a half assed push instead and now he's floundering. You'd expect different results? How about when Cena won the title in 2005 if they booked him like they're booking Punk now. You could get Trish Stratus to overshadow the title, have him feud with guys like Carlito or Rhyno. You think he'd be anywhere near the draw he is today? Of course not, they treated him like a serious champion. So in the end, they got serious results. Punk has been treated like a champion who isn't important. So guess what the audience thinks?

He struggles to draw and that's why they took him off main events? He main evented ONE PPV. How in the blue hell is that a reasonable way to look at a guy and judge his drawing power? "Hmm this PPV did 10,000 less buys than last year, this guy isn't a draw, back to the midcard." That makes absolutely zero sense. One PPV in the main event is not in any way, shape or form an accurate gauge of a person's drawing power. To say otherwise is ludicrous.

Like...you're completely ignorant about this stuff. If you call how CM Punk has been treated in his tenure as champion fair or that the WWE has really gotten behind him, I suggest you take up knitting. Wrestling clearly is not for you. I'd have an infinite amount more respect for what you're saying if you'd just be truthful. You don't like Punk and have convinced yourself of a bunch of misinformed facts based on incorrect and biased information. Just say it.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
The RAW go home for summerslam 2011 did 3.01 rating not 3.31. The RAW before that week did 3.3 which means ratings were going down "and we were right in the middle of Summer of Punk" as you pointed out.
And yet Cena was also WWE champion at the time as well...where does his portion of the blame factor into your reasoning?
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 07:47 PM   #5283 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
checkcola's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 7,330
checkcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new herecheckcola better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMojicaAce View Post
Let's just fire everyone except for John Cena. He's clearly the only one that draws.
Well, I do think the company shoots itself in the foot when it mutes its top draw going into a 3 way title match that isn't even really about Cena chasing the title. Instead, the match is about CM Punk being angry he's overshadowed by everyone. I just don't see how that translates into Cena's fanbase being engaged.
checkcola is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 08:49 PM   #5284 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Marv95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 3,247
Marv95 needs to make some friendsMarv95 needs to make some friendsMarv95 needs to make some friendsMarv95 needs to make some friendsMarv95 needs to make some friendsMarv95 needs to make some friendsMarv95 needs to make some friendsMarv95 needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Loader230 View Post
First of all, RAW on Memorial day always does low rating.
Raw did a 3.8 on Memorial Day in 05 and 06, not that long ago. Compared to today that's not what I call "low". http://www.twnpnews.com/information/wwfraw.shtml
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazegod99 View Post
You fucking politically correct morons are quick to defend WWE for every pussy ass decision they make, but complain about the show lacking attitude and intensity... SMH.
Right on!
Marv95 is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 09:38 PM   #5285 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,540
Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Scary number for that Punk/Show match. Disaster. The biggest number of that feud so far was a Big Show/John Cena match, two proven draws in the main event so it's not surprising. Big Show/Cena also drew decent on PPV in their 1800 match which is astonishing. Punk can't be that guy, he doesn't have "it" in him. Simple, you can force him on the audience, you can give him a year with the belt, you can book him to attack the biggest star in wrestling history, it doesn't matter. The problem is in the core. You can try to sell a Fiat with a Porsche logo, it's still a Fiat.

And for people using low quarters from the first hour of the 3 hours RAWs, completely different because back then it was a one week deal, and we were always talking about the regular two hours, now there's no "regular 2 hours". It's a 3 hour show every week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
The Lesnar/Heyman/HBK angle was probably the only decent number and it's the most important, maybe Jericho/Piper did good as Piper's pit with Jericho should be a big deal.
Like I predicted, Jericho/Piper and Lesnar/Heyman/HBK did the biggest numbers. The final 30 minutes of the show gaining big is a good sign for Summerslam, although now without Sheen and the weak booking of Brock, I'm not going close to 400k.
Rock316AE is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:28 PM   #5286 (permalink)
Moron
 
Pro Royka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Pro Royka
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Scary number for that Punk/Show match. Disaster. The biggest number of that feud so far was a Big Show/John Cena match, two proven draws in the main event so it's not surprising. Big Show/Cena also drew decent on PPV in their 1800 match which is astonishing. Punk can't be that guy, he doesn't have "it" in him. Simple, you can force him on the audience, you can give him a year with the belt, you can book him to attack the biggest star in wrestling history, it doesn't matter. The problem is in the core. You can try to sell a Fiat with a Porsche logo, it's still a Fiat.

And for people using low quarters from the first hour of the 3 hours RAWs, completely different because back then it was a one week deal, and we were always talking about the regular two hours, now there's no "regular 2 hours". It's a 3 hour show every week.



Like I predicted, Jericho/Piper and Lesnar/Heyman/HBK did the biggest numbers. The final 30 minutes of the show gaining big is a good sign for Summerslam, although now without Sheen and the weak booking of Brock, I'm not going close to 400k.
You dont care about talents all you care about is ratings, it's funny you say Punk doesn't have it but WWE still pushes him, you may not like him but the guy is talented, you can pray to god that Rocky beats and kills Punk but that is not good for business. You know what last year summer he was hot, he was in the top of the mountin, if the guy can be in the top then of course the guy has "It", he did it once with Hardy and twice with Cena last year, so the guy is clearly capable of doing it, you can say Orton has it on the mic and on every single smallest thing but I just don't see it, where is the prove, you say he can draw but what numbers youre talking about, I don't see it and I know why because WWE destroyed his old character just like what they did to Punk, you can deny it but he was very succesful and won a lot of achievement and awards in one year, and again you say he doesn't have it, his fans love him and you can hate him all you want but without him WWE will have no other maineventers, he has the mic skills, ring skills, the character or gimmick, he's marketable, he has his fans or followers gaining every week and he can be very charismatic. I don't care about ratings because it's not a big factor that can be blamed on one guy. You can say that Cena/Show did a great number but that wasn't in the beginning of the show, there is many other factors on why it draws, and I don't know why people are blaming him for ratings when certainly Cena and show is part of the feud, aren't they supposed to sell the match, I don't see that happening at all. Rock/Punk will happen one day and if it happens that means WWE believes in him. You can say Rocky, Show, Cena, and Orton are very succesful but that's because they are very established and got a lot of opportunities, sure you can say Punk had them but everytime he's about to reach it WWE drops the ball with him, he's not established yet, he only defeated Small amout of big stars Cena, and Jeff Hardy that's it, as for the other guys well you can't count them because there is too many, which Punk didn't have the pleasure to face them and that's why he can't draw big, people doesn't take him seriously because he didn't beat anyone that was bigger than him, all he did is face some random names in the current roster because thats what he has right now it's too thin and he needs more help. You can put the blame on him all you want but you know it's wrong.

Last edited by Pro Royka : 08-16-2012 at 10:36 PM.
Pro Royka is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 10:46 PM   #5287 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy KO Bossy
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I'd prefer to reserve judgment on Punk until he gets a fair chance at being a legit champion the company makes a solid attempt to get behind. If they continue with this half assed push, then he'll be a half assed champion. You get out of something what you put into it. If they get behind Punk and give him a fair chance as being the guy to carry the company and the ratings tank, I'll be more than happy to place the blame where it lies. As for how things are now, Punk is floundering and they haven't really gotten behind him as a legit top guy. Until we see what happens when they DO get behind him, all anyone can do is guess, and guesses aren't facts. If that never happens, then we'll never know how good Punk could have been. All we'll have seen is how he didn't do well when the company didn't get behind him, and that's hardly surprising.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 01:40 AM   #5288 (permalink)
In Jericho, we trust
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: g'day
Posts: 2,161
-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here-Skullbone- better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Let's also get one thing straight. The blame (lol) does not full solely on Punk for that opening number alone either, even if it is a little disturbing for the champ to garner such little buzz. As it is with the majority of segments every party out there contributes.

That number hangs over Big Show's head as well.
-Skullbone- is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 02:02 AM   #5289 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 222
TeamRocketGrunt TeamRocketGrunt TeamRocketGrunt TeamRocketGrunt
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Cm punk is a great champion but he just shouldn't be leading any shows untill he actually get's some momentum

Punk's biggest asset is shooting on people and that's most likely the only way punk will be able to bring in the ratings, and as much i hate to say this being a punk fan and all he will never be a john cena and just appear in a random match or segment and draw.

Last edited by TeamRocketGrunt : 08-17-2012 at 02:05 AM.
TeamRocketGrunt is offline  
Old 08-17-2012, 06:07 AM   #5290 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,762
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
As I've pointed out, I'm not a Punk mark. I'm just looking for logic in these arguments. To blame these crappy ratings all on Punk makes absolutely no sense. Is he partly to blame? Absolutely. Solely? No, and no one in their right mind can argue that. Cena, Hunter, Brock, Big Show, Bryan and company all bear part of this cross.
I was just pointing out the obvious hypocrisy. I know for a fact that had that Punk/Show match opened with a 3.6 rating, Punk marks would be giving him all the credit and singing his praises but the opposite happened and look at the sob story we're getting. You have to know that were this Randy Orton the same Punk marks making up all the excuses of the day here would be shitting all over him for doing so poorly. I don't mark for Punk but I don't think he's to blame either. My point was just to emphasize the double standards at play. That's all.
Starbuck is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios