**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 528 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 08-16-2012, 04:35 PM   #5271 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,187
Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35 Wrestlinfan35
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Oh man, I love people like you who open their mouths without having the least idea of what they're talking about.

That 2.60 quarter hour is NOT the lowest of the year. Have a gander at this:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...53256/cm-punk/

Memorial Day Raw



Backed up by Meltzer.

Oh and here's another:

http://www.wwemafia.com/2012/04/drun...ck-around.html

Go home show to Extreme Rules



Wow, would you look at that. A segment featuring EDGE and JOHN CENA, the WWE's golden boy, drew a 2.50 quarter hour. Why, the 2.60 Punk and Big Show drew looks like Wrestlemania 3 in comparison. And what's that...why I do believe Punk and Jericho drew a 3.63 quarter hour rating, which was one of the best in a while at that point in time. Well what do you know?

Want more facts? Fatal Four Way, the PPV in 2010 drew 143,000 buys. The main event? Sheamus vs Cena vs Edge vs Orton. No PPV Punk has headlined has drawn that low. In fact, the next lowest buyrate I found was Vengeance 2011 with 121,000. The main event? John Cena vs ADR.

So if Punk is this giant ratings drain, how is it that 2 segments featuring John Cena drew even lower than this one with Punk, which you incorrectly claimed was the lowest of the year? And how is it that 2 of the lowest grossing PPVs have been main evented by people all other than Punk, and at times when Punk wasn't even the champion? You obviously follow the ratings to a T. Your logic stipulates that John Cena is actually a ratings drain as well. There's the proof above. At the same time, Punk is not. So in the face of proof, I'm guessing you're still going to dismiss it and claim Punk is this scourge. This means that you're not only blind, but stubborn as well. You're a biased individual who simply doesn't like CM Punk for one reason or another. Thus, you will shun logic and proof that speaks contrary to your opinion in order to prove to yourself more than anyone that you're right. Its actually really pathetic, and makes everything you say come across as nothing more than verbal diarrhea.

Oh and in case you also haven't clued into another fact, the WWE title stopped being given to wrestlers who were proven they could draw a long time ago. Sheamus, Miz...hell, look at Dull Rio's 2 terrible reigns in the fall.
Great post and well said. A post people should read before blindly hating and bursting out the typical "LOL Punk is terrible fire him already" bullshit and actually think a little bit. Nicely done.
__________________





best.

Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 08-16-2012, 04:54 PM   #5272 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
uknoww's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 445
uknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friendsuknoww needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by lancaster223 View Post
Punk = Diesel 2012
yep
__________________
the best
uknoww is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 05:55 PM   #5273 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Falkono's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: England
Posts: 1,343
Falkono needs to take rep more seriousFalkono needs to take rep more seriousFalkono needs to take rep more seriousFalkono needs to take rep more seriousFalkono needs to take rep more seriousFalkono needs to take rep more seriousFalkono needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Oh man, I love people like you who open their mouths without having the least idea of what they're talking about.

That 2.60 quarter hour is NOT the lowest of the year. Have a gander at this:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...53256/cm-punk/

Memorial Day Raw



Backed up by Meltzer.

Oh and here's another:

http://www.wwemafia.com/2012/04/drun...ck-around.html

Go home show to Extreme Rules



Wow, would you look at that. A segment featuring EDGE and JOHN CENA, the WWE's golden boy, drew a 2.50 quarter hour. Why, the 2.60 Punk and Big Show drew looks like Wrestlemania 3 in comparison. And what's that...why I do believe Punk and Jericho drew a 3.63 quarter hour rating, which was one of the best in a while at that point in time. Well what do you know?

Want more facts? Fatal Four Way, the PPV in 2010 drew 143,000 buys. The main event? Sheamus vs Cena vs Edge vs Orton. No PPV Punk has headlined has drawn that low. In fact, the next lowest buyrate I found was Vengeance 2011 with 121,000. The main event? John Cena vs ADR.

So if Punk is this giant ratings drain, how is it that 2 segments featuring John Cena drew even lower than this one with Punk, which you incorrectly claimed was the lowest of the year? And how is it that 2 of the lowest grossing PPVs have been main evented by people all other than Punk, and at times when Punk wasn't even the champion? You obviously follow the ratings to a T. Your logic stipulates that John Cena is actually a ratings drain as well. There's the proof above. At the same time, Punk is not. So in the face of proof, I'm guessing you're still going to dismiss it and claim Punk is this scourge. This means that you're not only blind, but stubborn as well. You're a biased individual who simply doesn't like CM Punk for one reason or another. Thus, you will shun logic and proof that speaks contrary to your opinion in order to prove to yourself more than anyone that you're right. Its actually really pathetic, and makes everything you say come across as nothing more than verbal diarrhea.

Oh and in case you also haven't clued into another fact, the WWE title stopped being given to wrestlers who were proven they could draw a long time ago. Sheamus, Miz...hell, look at Dull Rio's 2 terrible reigns in the fall.
Your logic is flawed because in your examples you fail to mention that in Punks segements he lost viewers.....

PLUS who cares about a memorial day raw?
If you want to compare it then compare it to the same raw last year before summerslam. Which got a 3.31 rating.

Last edited by Falkono : 08-16-2012 at 06:00 PM.
Falkono is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:03 PM   #5274 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,794
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amuroray View Post
I'm not an advocate of this whole Punk is destroying the company thing but this made me so hard. Vince's fucking face lol. How did I miss that the first time around?
Starbuck is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:07 PM   #5275 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 2,719
murder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friendsmurder needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

You do know that last year, Punk was also champion the week before Summerslam and the focus of the show. Fact of the matter is that ratings and buyrates are only as good as the WWE title is booked. And right now it's booked like crap so the ratings tank and the buyrate this Sunday will suck. Well maybe not if Brock still draws after 5 months of being wasted.

Last edited by murder : 08-16-2012 at 06:09 PM.
murder is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:20 PM   #5276 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
KO Bossy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: East of the Pacific Ocean, West of London, England, South of Mars, North of Hell
Posts: 8,136
KO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselvesKO Bossy is making a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falkono View Post
Your logic is flawed because in your examples you fail to mention that in Punks segements he lost viewers.....

PLUS who cares about a memorial day raw?
If you want to compare it then compare it to the same raw last year before summerslam. Which got a 3.31 rating.
Uhh, on the go home show for ER his segment GAINED ratings. Do Punk's segments lose viewers? Sure. My point is that every superstar has segments that lose viewers. Blaming all squarely on Punk because he's the champion is completely ridiculous. What is the proof people have? Well they claim his segments always lose ratings. They don't-I just showcased that. They say he's not a draw and that Cena always gets great ratings-well I also disproved that. In a nutshell, I'm just poking gaping holes into the asinine arguments these blind Punk haters always rely on. They don't have the least bit of credibility to them. I also try to point out that if their same logic was to be applied in other circumstances based on the same line of thinking that it would make them look even more stupid.

As for Memorial Day Raw, a rating is a rating...

In regards to Summerslam last year, which as you said got a 3.31, Punk vs Cena was the big match being advertised as the main event. So this even further hurts the anti Punk arguments because 3.31 in this day and age is a decent rating. Were Punk involved, by their logic, the show would have bombed. Why is this year's so much lower? Well, has anyone considered that Big Show might be bringing it down? He's the only difference maker in terms of the match, and correct me if I'm wrong, but wasn't he Punk's opponent on Monday? Why does Punk share the burden alone of a segment with bad rating? Was he wrestling himself? No? Then its not ALL his fault. Or perhaps, maybe the build isn't as interesting as last year? Before we had Punk returning after leaving, Triple H as the guest ref and the unification of the World Titles, and we were right in the middle of Summer of Punk, the hottest the industry has been in a while. This year...very business as usual feel. Also doesn't help that the World Title match is kinda being overshadowed by the real main event, Trips vs Lesnar. Punk in total was exposed for about 20 minutes on Monday, what with the tag match, his vignette with Cena and the match with Big Show. Lesnar and Hunter had about 3 recaps (at about 2-3 minutes each), 4-5 backstage segments with Shawn and 35 minutes of the end of the show devoted to it, which equals about 45-50 minutes, almost 2.5 times what Punk got.
__________________


"The taller the chefs hat the greater the chef.... FOOLS .... Who said I was a chef?!"
KO Bossy is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:37 PM   #5277 (permalink)
Moron
 
Pro Royka's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 450
Pro Royka is in rep purgatory
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Too much obsession on Punk, saying he can't draw I don't see the problem of that, he isn't the focus of the show, starting the show with a low number is not a big deal especially that I don't know when was the last time the show started with a match, Cena and Bryan came in later it's not about who can draw, its just means people is not interested on the feud. If you wanna blame Punk, you also should blame Cena and Big show for not adding anything to the match, how can you say that they are big draws as people say but not blame them because they don't have the title, aren't they part of the feud, so if they want to see Cena or Show win the title then people will tune in, but now it's just proves that nobody is interested to see them as champs. People should give it a rest trying to look for the smallest thing to blame him for everything. What will Cena add to the title absolutely nothing, it will just make others look bad.
Pro Royka is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:40 PM   #5278 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,794
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

If Punk's segments had done well you better believe his marks would be giving him all the credit. They haven't and now it's everybody's fault but his. Just saying. The double standards are quite ridiculous.
Starbuck is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:43 PM   #5279 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
CMojicaAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Posts: 653
CMojicaAce needs to take rep more seriousCMojicaAce needs to take rep more seriousCMojicaAce needs to take rep more seriousCMojicaAce needs to take rep more seriousCMojicaAce needs to take rep more seriousCMojicaAce needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Let's just fire everyone except for John Cena. He's clearly the only one that draws.
__________________
CMojicaAce is offline  
Old 08-16-2012, 06:48 PM   #5280 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Loader230's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 800
Loader230 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsLoader230 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsLoader230 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsLoader230 should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by KO Bossy View Post
Oh man, I love people like you who open their mouths without having the least idea of what they're talking about.

That 2.60 quarter hour is NOT the lowest of the year. Have a gander at this:

http://www.wrestlinginc.com/wi/news/...53256/cm-punk/

Memorial Day Raw
First of all, RAW on Memorial day always does low rating. I'll admit that i was wrong about 2.6 being the lowest quarter, even though its terribly low for WWE CHAMPION having a match and being RAW opener unlike Santino/ADR of the RAW breakdown you posted.


Quote:
Oh and here's another:

Punk vs. Daniel Bryan lost 30,000 viewers for a 2.79 quarter-hour rating in the 10pm timeslot - which is a bad number for that point in the show. The post-match segment with Kane plus The Miz vs. Christian lost 13,000 more viewers.

http://www.wwemafia.com/2012/04/drun...ck-around.html
LOL look at it again, the WWE champion loses viewers in the 10 P.M quarter where viewers ALWAYS tune in. It wasnt even a low gain, he actually lost viewers which means people were almost sick of him that they decided to tune out on top of the hour.

There's also many times that punk vs Miz lost viewers consistently at 10pm and main event, he also lost viewers against Tensai in the Main Event.


Quote:
Alberto Del Rio and Cody Rhodes vs. The Great Khali and Big Show gained 195,000 viewers while the backstage segment with Jericho, Laurinaitis, Eve and Teddy Long talking about CM Punk being drunk lost 112,000 viewers. Nikki Bella winning the Divas Title from Beth Phoenix gained 437,000 viewers, which can be seen as a big surprise. The field sobriety test in the ring with CM Punk gained 270,000 viewers to a 3.63 quarter-rating, which is one of the best quarters in a while.

And what's that...why I do believe Punk and Jericho drew a 3.63 quarter hour rating, which was one of the best in a while at that point in time. Well what do you know?
What do I know? I know that the quarter was big because of the Divas match randomly gaining over 400K before the corny drunk segment by the wwe champion. Punk and Jericho gained only 200k which is actually weak for 10 pm, while divas gained 400k. That says it all.


Quote:
Want more facts? Fatal Four Way, the PPV in 2010 drew 143,000 buys. The main event? Sheamus vs Cena vs Edge vs Orton. No PPV Punk has headlined has drawn that low. In fact, the next lowest buyrate I found was Vengeance 2011 with 121,000. The main event? John Cena vs ADR.
Once again I have to point out, Punk has lost viewers many times in his shitty reign which cena never did when he was champion. Besides whats your point comparing these two anyway? Cena has been part of the main event drawing matches of last two manias, he has a proven record of drawing high ratings. Punk is no John cena. By comparing these two, you only make yourself look stupid.



Quote:
Oh and in case you also haven't clued into another fact, the WWE title stopped being given to wrestlers who were proven they could draw a long time ago. Sheamus, Miz...hell, look at Dull Rio's 2 terrible reigns in the fall.
None of those superstars were longest reigning WWE champion in years. Face it, Punk is a over-pushed peice of shit, a failure. He does not deserve such a massive push. He is the WWE champion but struggles to draw which is the reason they took him off main events and turned him into a mid card champion. Like someone said he is the kevin nash of 1995.


The RAW go home for summerslam 2011 did 3.01 rating not 3.31. The RAW before that week did 3.3 which means ratings were going down "and we were right in the middle of Summer of Punk" as you pointed out.
__________________

Last edited by Loader230 : 08-16-2012 at 06:53 PM.
Loader230 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios