**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 515 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?
Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #5141 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 01:01 AM
To obtain, something of equal value must be lost..
 
Hohenheim of Light's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: The Little Planet
Posts: 15,930
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adramelech View Post
How dare you say something like that! Hey John, this jerk is saying you can't punch! Get in here and beat him up!



Punk loves it.

Hohenheim of Light is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5142 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 01:22 PM
HE'S FAT
 
Kabraxal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2004
Posts: 7,808
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Are people really surprised by the numbers though? I mean, the WWE has proven it can't write a solid, long running story line so more and more fans are just tuning out? The only reason the 1000th episode did anything was for the nostalgia... we wanted to see some old faces and remember the days when the WWE didn't have an idiot in charge. Sad to think the supposed genius is the same damn idiot now... oi.

Thanks for the wonderful memories Ultimate Warrior... happy you got to be recognised as the legend you are before you went. Rest in peace
Kabraxal is offline  
post #5143 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 03:23 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
A segment involving Lesnar, HBK and HHH only did a 3.45? and only gained 250'000?

this angle has no heat. Yes they weren't advertised but still, people and notify other people, they should of done way more then that.
Right. It's a pretty shitty excuse. Yes advertising it more would have helped a little bit, but not by much despite what people keep preaching. This is a shitty rating for these three. Then again Lesnar hasn't been a TV draw since coming back anyway so no real surprise. This angle, just like Rock/Cena, isn't doing much as far as ratings go. At least not as much as it should.






best.

Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
post #5144 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 07:47 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlinfan35 View Post
Right. It's a pretty shitty excuse. Yes advertising it more would have helped a little bit, but not by much despite what people keep preaching. This is a shitty rating for these three. Then again Lesnar hasn't been a TV draw since coming back anyway so no real surprise. This angle, just like Rock/Cena, isn't doing much as far as ratings go. At least not as much as it should.
Rock/Cena was the most promoted match probably in WWE history. It got built for a whole year. A year. WWE didn't even advertise the fact that Brock, HBK, or HHH were going to be on this show and a random 'Oh btw, guess who's here next!!' promo at the top of the hour doesn't count. Ridiculous comparison. Rock/Cena disappointed with a bazillion times the promotion behind it than HHH/Lesnar. The latter, outside the arm break and Raw 1000 segments, has just been a disappointment all together. Why? Because outside of said segments, WWE has failed to follow even the most basic rules of advertising, promotion and their old favorite, feud building/story telling. Advertising it more would have helped more than a little bit. Don't be stupid. If people who don't follow every week don't know top names are going to be on a particular show, they don't watch. Seems like your butthurt/bias/whatever you want to call it against Brock Lesnar, for whatever reason that you have it in the first place, is clouding your judgment when it comes to him.
BEST FOR CHRISTMAS is offline  
post #5145 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 07:55 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

It Pat Patterson still around backstage to help with angles & whatnot?
Coffey is offline  
post #5146 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:03 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I really don't think it matters who they have back there so long as Vince makes the final call. Until that changes, nothing changes.
BEST FOR CHRISTMAS is offline  
post #5147 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:05 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I really don't think it matters who they have back there so long as Vince makes the final call. Until that changes, nothing changes.
That's why I'm asking because it used to be Pat & Vince that did everything & if Pat isn't around anymore, that puts a lot more pressure & workload onto a Vince McMahon that isn't getting any younger. Thus, he might be tempted to push a lot of the shit he usually overseas, onto other people like Hayes or Stephanie.

I know Pat used to lay out all the Rumbles, but when he stopped you could noticeably see the difference in the matches. They made less sense.
Coffey is offline  
post #5148 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:18 PM
$9.99
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 20,024
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Vince seems to have his hand in too many things. He can't be a creative genius if he only dedicates say 20% of his time to creative. That's what the creative team is there for, to work on creative for the 80% of the time when he's doing all the other things he has to do but what seems to happen is that Vince does his shit, gets everybody else to do their shit and then when it's presented to him, uses the little time he has dedicated to okaying things to completely change everything and the end result is actual shit for a product. So many former writers have said the exact same thing, former wrestlers, current wrestlers and even Stephanie and HHH have both said it too, that's he's basically spread too thin and that he makes ALL the decisions. Like I said before, until that changes, nothing changes.
BEST FOR CHRISTMAS is offline  
post #5149 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:23 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,125
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
It Pat Patterson still around backstage to help with angles & whatnot?
Anyone know?
Coffey is offline  
post #5150 of 9175 (permalink) Old 08-11-2012, 08:52 PM
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,187
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Rock/Cena was the most promoted match probably in WWE history. It got built for a whole year. A year. WWE didn't even advertise the fact that Brock, HBK, or HHH were going to be on this show and a random 'Oh btw, guess who's here next!!' promo at the top of the hour doesn't count. Ridiculous comparison. Rock/Cena disappointed with a bazillion times the promotion behind it than HHH/Lesnar. The latter, outside the arm break and Raw 1000 segments, has just been a disappointment all together. Why? Because outside of said segments, WWE has failed to follow even the most basic rules of advertising, promotion and their old favorite, feud building/story telling. Advertising it more would have helped more than a little bit. Don't be stupid. If people who don't follow every week don't know top names are going to be on a particular show, they don't watch. Seems like your butthurt/bias/whatever you want to call it against Brock Lesnar, for whatever reason that you have it in the first place, is clouding your judgment when it comes to him.
I wasn't directly comparing it to Rock/Cena, I was just saying it's a similar situation. There's a feud that was, like you said, probably the most promoted match in WWE history. It was still doing decent numbers, 3.5 overruns, but not something you'd expect out of a program of that magnitude. You'd expect better, obviously. Same applies here. Except what differs is the numbers this feud is doing aren't even decent. They're just not good. And oh come on, everyone knows the deal. 6 million+ people watched RAW 1000, they know what's main eventing Summerslam in just a few days. They know it's Lesnar/HHH. You don't need to advertise that they're on RAW because people assume the build up is going to be taking place. I doubt most people are thinking "Oh the match is in two weeks, but nah they won't appear or say a word until then." It's a crummy excuse. The feud is just not clicking, whether it be drawing-wise or storyline-wise, it's not clicking. Hell, the three way feels more like the SS main event than this does.

And I have no bias towards Lesnar lol. I'm entertained by him most of the time when his mouth isn't open. Who doesn't love just watching a beast do his thing. I'm just saying, he's not really been impressive since coming back, in terms of TV ratings. People can put the blame on him being beaten by Cena all they want, but really this started the week after he came back when the first segment drew embarrassingly low.






best.

Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome