**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 307 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 05-11-2012, 11:48 AM   #3061 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Kamaria's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 1,062
Kamaria 501 - 1000Kamaria 501 - 1000Kamaria 501 - 1000Kamaria 501 - 1000Kamaria 501 - 1000Kamaria 501 - 1000Kamaria 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Does it really affect people's views on a wrestler if the ratings aren't up when he's on TV? Like, really?
Mind if I quote you in my sig?
__________________

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Does it really affect people's views on a wrestler if the ratings aren't up when he's on TV? Like, really?
Kamaria is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 05-11-2012, 12:18 PM   #3062 (permalink)
Special Attraction at Wrestlemania
 
Choke2Death's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 20,436
Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000Choke2Death 21501 - 22000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecabney View Post
I find it funny that you picked a guy that's completely useless like ADR to defend your argument. Put anyone that's marginally over in the top feud heading into Mania, and it would be a ratings success.
A little secret: Dolph Ziggler, CM Punk and Daniel Bryan wouldn't be able to do that. And that's three guys you jock, one of which I like. (D-Bryan)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vyed View Post
Cena is not a bigger draw. Infact in 2012, Cena is not even a PPV draw. Its the powerful WWE machine. Popularity doesnt prove Cena is a bigger draw. By that standards he is bigger than undertaker, steve austin and pretty much anyone not known as the Rock.
Cena may not be much of a draw today but he still brings the 'casual' fanbase and his crowd reaction proves it. And he's not bigger than Stone Cold (one of the two biggest stars from WWE's most successful era) or Undertaker (a guy who I knew about long before I became a wrestling fan or knew who John Cena was)

Quote:
How popular was batista compared to undertaker? Wasnt he a bigger draw than him the entire time on SD?
Yes, but Taker has also taken a few breaks here and there for the last few years which has made fans more used to seeing others such as Batista and Edge on the show rather than mostly Taker. Taker is still a bigger name in wrestling history, though.

Quote:
And Taker/triple H HIAC.
Maybe a few elitists who tried to stand-out by saying the build-up for Rock/Cena sucked. Otherwise, most of the 1.3 million buys came from the interest in the main event that was announced a year in advance and even had non-fans interested. HHH/Taker already had a WM match the year before and I don't know how many actually believed that Hunter was going to beat the streak. Rock/Cena was presented as "Once in a Lifetime", HHH/Taker were having their THIRD match at Wrestlemania, the most anyone has gotten to face Taker at the grandest stage. I bet that's going to help the show sell over the 7 digits mark.

Wasn't Shawn Michaels/Undertaker II the selling point of WM26? This time, they even put HBK's career on the line and guess what... the sales blew for that Mania. So I doubt a match based around a similar storyline with an opponent he's already faced twice was going to sell the PPV just because of the cell structure being placed around the ring.

Quote:
Wrong. HHH is no lesser name.
Actually, he sort of is. HHH/Rock would have probably gotten the million buys but mostly because of the Rock's in-ring return as he's faced HHH many, many times before. If HHH was such a big PPV draw, let alone bigger than Cena, Night of Champions or Vengeance would have done better with them being two out of his only four PPVs where he wrestled.

Quote:
Hornswoggle and Great Khali are insanely over as well.
Yeah, with kids who find their length 'exotic'. And also, your point is?

Quote:
Applies to Orton marks as well.
Not at all. The people who attack CM Punk for being a non-draw are Rock fans with usernames/avatars of Rock, Orton marks don't really give a damn about draws and neither do they yap about how big a draw he is.

Quote:
How can you tell? This is just your assumption. ADR hasnt even used his gimmick yet.
It doesn't take a rocket scientist to know that someone like ADR wouldn't succeed considering that despite all he's been given within a year, he still can't get a reaction from the crowd to save his life.

Quote:
yeah AUSTIN did it. FUCKING STEVE AUSTIN, face of AE, did it.
Your point is?

Quote:
Neither are draws. FACT.
Never disputed that, I was merely pointing out the hypocrisy of Punk marks who always have to talk shit about Orton's drawing abilities when their own hero can't draw shit.
__________________
Choke2Death is offline  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:07 PM   #3063 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,571
Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cookie Monster View Post
Does it really affect people's views on a wrestler if the ratings aren't up when he's on TV? Like, really?
Again, no and where the hell has this complete and utter misconception come from? Nobody here has said they only like wrestler A because he draws and they dislike wrestler B because he doesn't. People discussing ratings doesn't have a bearing on their ability to like/dislike the show either.
__________________

~Nemesis~
Starbuck is offline  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:11 PM   #3064 (permalink)
We Own The East
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,151
Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Again, no and where the hell has this complete and utter misconception come from? Nobody here has said they only like wrestler A because he draws and they dislike wrestler B because he doesn't. People discussing ratings doesn't have a bearing on their ability to like/dislike the show either.
I don't think that there's anyone saying it but there's quite a few times where it seems people suggest it without saying it.
__________________



Carolina Panthers:(NFC South Champions)
Denver Nuggets
Boston Red Sox: World Series Champs!
Brye is offline  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:24 PM   #3065 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,529
Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

In my case, most of the time I have the same opinion as the masses and I'm not a stereotypical internet/indy fanboy who likes skinny wrestlers playing grappling because they were in the indies and learn to hate guys like Hogan, Bischoff Goldberg and Nash based on the BS they're telling themselves, that's it. As for drawing cards, this side of the industry is more interesting than the actual product for a long time now, people were always talking about the business side of wrestling but especially since the MNW and continues all the way to today, this is not a real sport so that's all the facts and indicators we have on true greatness.
Rock316AE is online now  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:28 PM   #3066 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 67
Haitch 0 - 49
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

rock316ae is the best user on this forum. absolutely love all of his posts. the man knows what the fuck is he talking about.

best ..... on this forum and it's not even close!

Last edited by Haitch : 05-11-2012 at 01:36 PM.
Haitch is offline  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:35 PM   #3067 (permalink)
We Own The East
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,151
Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000Brye 31501 - 50000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
In my case, most of the time I have the same opinion as the masses and I'm not a stereotypical internet/indy fanboy who likes skinny wrestlers playing grappling because they were in the indies and learn to hate guys like Hogan, Bischoff Goldberg and Nash based on the BS they're telling themselves, that's it. As for drawing cards, this side of the industry is more interesting than the actual product for a long time now, people were always talking about the business side of wrestling but especially since the MNW and continues all the way to today, this is not a real sport so that's all the facts and indicators we have on true greatness.
I don't think indy fans just like smaller wrestlers because they were in the indys. The difference between three indy guys and guys like Nash or Hogan is the ability to put on a better match. It may not have that "larger than life" feel, but that's not what everyone is looking for. And regardless of what you think, you can still have a big match feel in a small venue, and if you don't believe me, watch Punk/Cabana from Punk's final match in ROH or Danielson/KENTA and listen to the crowd.

I can watch a Hogan match if it's against someone like Savage but he never particularly interested me. On the other hand, I can watch someone like Bourne or Ziggler face virtually anyone.

It's really just a matter of opinion but I wouldn't say that every indy fan (don't even have to be an indy fan to like that side of wrestling) has the same stereotypical feelings. I actually feel for Hogan alot more since the divorce but someone like Golberg just never appealed to me. He had a few really nice looking moves, but very rarely did he string a good match together, imo.

Two different sides of the spectrum. One side is more a fan of the wrestling itself and others enjoy the theatrics of it. I love myself a good storyline, but if it's going to lead to bad matches then it sort of takes me out of it.
__________________



Carolina Panthers:(NFC South Champions)
Denver Nuggets
Boston Red Sox: World Series Champs!
Brye is offline  
Old 05-11-2012, 01:37 PM   #3068 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 67
Haitch 0 - 49
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

that larger than life feel is what sells not indy midgets hacks who can't draw a dime. generic mothefuckers! the people want to see storytelling in a match not 30 headlocks, armbars, and shit!
Haitch is offline  
Old 05-11-2012, 02:03 PM   #3069 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,529
Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I'm not talking about you specifically, just from years of pages on the same subjects gave the internet fans this stereotype(all that without talking about the fact that they think technical wrestling is the only good style when in fact, it was never a main event style). That's why I said because this is not a real sport, the only indicator we have is the business side of the industry, people can like a Khali match more than a Kurt Angle match, it's opinion, but if WCW drew 30k for a regular Monday Nitro with Goldberg vs Nash as the main program and you like both guys(not talking about me here), that's what I'm looking for more than if a wrestler sold his finger for less than two minutes, how many boring rest holds were in the match or some meaningless stuff like that. That's my point on this and every wrestler in history will agree with me unless he simply doesn't understand the business.
Rock316AE is online now  
Old 05-11-2012, 02:10 PM   #3070 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 773
Hazaq 251 - 500Hazaq 251 - 500Hazaq 251 - 500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Choke2Death View Post
Actually, he sort of is. HHH/Rock would have probably gotten the million buys but mostly because of the Rock's in-ring return as he's faced HHH many, many times before. If HHH was such a big PPV draw, let alone bigger than Cena, Night of Champions or Vengeance would have done better with them being two out of his only four PPVs where he wrestled.

Vengeance 2011 top drawing match = John Cena vs Del Rio.

Night of champions usually does low buys every year. N.O.C 2011 did only 4000 less than the year before and its because of the fucked up booking, just like Survivor series 2011. You cant blame HHH or punk for that matter. N.O.C PPV had 4 weeks of build, for 2 weeks the build was for NASH vs Punk, then suddenly they changed the main event to HHH vs punk. The feud build up was just two promos, one on smackdown contract signing and the face-off on RAW both of which was completely filled with Insider terms. Pretty sure most of the casual fans were left confused. J.R even criticized the HHH/PUNK face-off promo on Twitter the day after.

Anyways, I dont understand what your point is. In 2012, no one is a big PPV draw not even Rock or taker and both have a advantage of showing up once in a while. PPV is a dying business, there is not one superstar that can make a difference right now not Cena, not HHH, not Brock or Taker/Rock.

Wrestlemania did monster number because its Wrestlemania, the name value.
Hazaq is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios