**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 168 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 03-01-2012, 01:37 PM   #1671 (permalink)
BRIAN CAGE IS A ....ING MACHINE!!!
 
Brye's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Boston
Posts: 22,209
Brye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF BallotBrye made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I'm sure that the video package will supposedly be the reason for that.
__________________


Panthers - Red Sox - Nuggets


Brye is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-01-2012, 01:46 PM   #1672 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,763
D.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friendsD.M.N. needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

February 20th, 2012
Q1 - 3.58 rating / 5.07 million
Q2 - 3.24 rating / 4.58 million
Q3 - 3.29 rating / 4.65 million
Q4 - 3.07 rating / 4.34 million
Q5 - 3.85 rating / 5.46 million
Q6 - 3.14 rating / 4.53 million
Q7 - 2.86 rating / 4.05 million
Q8 + OR - 3.31 rating / 4.65 million

In my opinion the Triple H and Undertaker segment gaining 1.1 million viewers means very, very little when Q1 loses viewers throughout and no one benefits afterwards. Good to see it does make a big gain - and 5.5 million seems to be a big number when you see the February 27th numbers, but it doesn't really benefit anyone in the long run if the viewers tune straight back out. It was the same in last year's run in to WrestleMania if I recall correctly.

February 27th, 2012
Q1 - 3.22 rating / 4.86 million
Q2 - 3.02 rating / 4.57 million
Q3 - 3.38 rating / 5.10 million
Q4 - 2.83 rating / 4.28 million
Q5 - 3.09 rating / 4.67 million
Q6 - ~2.95 rating / 4.45 million
Q7 - 3.09 rating / 4.67 million
Q8 - 3.09 rating / 4.67 million
OR - 3.46 rating / 5.22 million*

* weighted average for entire overrun

An odd breakdown. Not much to say, unusual growth in Q3, little growth in Q5 along with a below average number for Rock's return. Should they start putting Rock in Q5 where more viewers are maybe available, with Taker/HHH ending the show?
D.M.N. is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 01:48 PM   #1673 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Agrestic
Posts: 4,921
Carcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missedCarcass probably won't be missed
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

DB being in the second highest quarter last RAW. No surprise there. If anything should happen to Cena between now and WM, they could just have Rock face Daniel Bryan. He's got the required star power to do so.
Carcass is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 02:16 PM   #1674 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Starbuck's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,682
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.M.N. View Post
In my opinion the Triple H and Undertaker segment gaining 1.1 million viewers means very, very little when Q1 loses viewers throughout and no one benefits afterwards. Good to see it does make a big gain - and 5.5 million seems to be a big number when you see the February 27th numbers, but it doesn't really benefit anyone in the long run if the viewers tune straight back out. It was the same in last year's run in to WrestleMania if I recall correctly.
It's been the same all year and for as long as I can remember now tbh. The only segments that can pull huge numbers like that are the ones involving names like Rock, HHH, Taker, Cena, Vince etc. They're the only ones that seem to be able to do it. People are tuning in to see these guys whenever they got something going on and then tuning out when their bit is up. Same problem that's only ever going to be fixed by involving the younger guys with the big guns and putting them over but yet here we're sitting with HHH/Taker and Jericho/Punk which does nobody any favors in the long run. They should have went with HHH/Punk to give Punk eyeballs and Jericho/Miz imo to give Miz eyeballs and a solid program. Instead, when Mania is over and Rock, Taker and HHH are gone again, nobody will have been elevated coming out of Mania therefore the shows still have no star power therefore nobody watches in big numbers like this because the younger guys aren't holding their interest. It's a vicious circle lol.
__________________
Starbuck is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 02:20 PM   #1675 (permalink)
Asking Meltzer to rate my matches
 
A-C-P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 8,340
A-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missedA-C-P probably won't be missed
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
It's been the same all year and for as long as I can remember now tbh. The only segments that can pull huge numbers like that are the ones involving names like Rock, HHH, Taker, Cena, Vince etc. They're the only ones that seem to be able to do it. People are tuning in to see these guys whenever they got something going on and then tuning out when their bit is up. Same problem that's only ever going to be fixed by involving the younger guys with the big guns and putting them over but yet here we're sitting with HHH/Taker and Jericho/Punk which does nobody any favors in the long run. They should have went with HHH/Punk to give Punk eyeballs and Jericho/Miz imo to give Miz eyeballs and a solid program. Instead, when Mania is over and Rock, Taker and HHH are gone again, nobody will have been elevated coming out of Mania therefore the shows still have no star power therefore nobody watches in big numbers like this because the younger guys aren't holding their interest. It's a vicious circle lol.
OMG its a post in the Ratings thread that uses common sense and makes a very solid (and very valid) point. Sir what is the matter with you.

Agreed with your point here 100% btw, repped good sir. It is becoming a vicious circle BIGTIME, and one they are going to need to break. I see it happening to much (IMO) that Vince and the WWE sacrifices long-term building of "new stars" just for a short-term boost in ratings.
__________________


Last edited by A-C-P : 03-05-2012 at 10:27 AM.
A-C-P is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 02:24 PM   #1676 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
SteenIsGod's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 1,720
SteenIsGod should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsSteenIsGod should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsSteenIsGod should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsSteenIsGod should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsSteenIsGod should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carcass View Post
DB being in the second highest quarter last RAW. No surprise there. If anything should happen to Cena between now and WM, they could just have Rock face Daniel Bryan. He's got the required star power to do so.
Amen to that.
__________________
SteenIsGod is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 02:25 PM   #1677 (permalink)
Ho!
 
#BadNewsSanta's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Somewhere
Posts: 14,090
#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading#BadNewsSanta has posts worth reading
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
It's been the same all year and for as long as I can remember now tbh. The only segments that can pull huge numbers like that are the ones involving names like Rock, HHH, Taker, Cena, Vince etc. They're the only ones that seem to be able to do it. People are tuning in to see these guys whenever they got something going on and then tuning out when their bit is up. Same problem that's only ever going to be fixed by involving the younger guys with the big guns and putting them over but yet here we're sitting with HHH/Taker and Jericho/Punk which does nobody any favors in the long run. They should have went with HHH/Punk to give Punk eyeballs and Jericho/Miz imo to give Miz eyeballs and a solid program. Instead, when Mania is over and Rock, Taker and HHH are gone again, nobody will have been elevated coming out of Mania therefore the shows still have no star power therefore nobody watches in big numbers like this because the younger guys aren't holding their interest. It's a vicious circle lol.
Indeed.

I mean... HHH needs to stop the burying! If it wasern't for that, weed have more stars!
__________________
I've got some bad news...

#BadNewsSanta is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 02:50 PM   #1678 (permalink)
A book must be the axe for the frozen sea within us... --Franz Kafka
 
DesolationRow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: In the Captain's Tower, Refereeing the Fight Between Ezra Pound & T.S. Eliot
Posts: 12,075
DesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselvesDesolationRow has made a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
It's been the same all year and for as long as I can remember now tbh. The only segments that can pull huge numbers like that are the ones involving names like Rock, HHH, Taker, Cena, Vince etc. They're the only ones that seem to be able to do it. People are tuning in to see these guys whenever they got something going on and then tuning out when their bit is up. Same problem that's only ever going to be fixed by involving the younger guys with the big guns and putting them over but yet here we're sitting with HHH/Taker and Jericho/Punk which does nobody any favors in the long run. They should have went with HHH/Punk to give Punk eyeballs and Jericho/Miz imo to give Miz eyeballs and a solid program. Instead, when Mania is over and Rock, Taker and HHH are gone again, nobody will have been elevated coming out of Mania therefore the shows still have no star power therefore nobody watches in big numbers like this because the younger guys aren't holding their interest. It's a vicious circle lol.
Exactly. This Wrestlemania is going to do huge numbers, but guys like Punk and Miz and Sheamus are still not going to be completely "made" at it. At the absolute best, perhaps Punk going over Jericho can be roughly the equivalent of Cena going over JBL at Wrestlemania XXI (not in pure comparative terms, because as much as I like Punk he's not where Cena was then, but he's at least continually making strides), Sheamus going over Daniel Bryan can be like Edge becoming Mr. Money in the Bank and, well, Miz's storyline is that he has no match for Wrestlelmania, lol. Unless they pull a Mick Foley or something like that out of their ass, he's probably screwed this year, but we'll see.

Ah well. Maybe next year we'll see guys like Punk and Sheamus and Miz and perhaps Zack Ryder (who it appears won't even be on the show?!, say it ain't so) taken to the next level. We NEED, or, I should say, WWE NEEDS, Punk vs. Triple H next year. With a huge sprawling angle. Punk is getting so close, and he may end up accruing more benefits from this Jericho feud than what I would have thought likely only a short week ago, but if they had just gone with Triple H turning leading to Punk/Trips at Wrestlemania, I'd be willing to bet the farm that he'd finally be seen as something roughly resembling Cena's equal. And that is what WWE needs most of all. That and closing the WWE Films division, which singlehandedly brutalized them in their fourth quarter of 2011, lol.
__________________
DesolationRow is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 03:22 PM   #1679 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,359
#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
It's been the same all year and for as long as I can remember now tbh. The only segments that can pull huge numbers like that are the ones involving names like Rock, HHH, Taker, Cena, Vince etc. They're the only ones that seem to be able to do it. People are tuning in to see these guys whenever they got something going on and then tuning out when their bit is up. Same problem that's only ever going to be fixed by involving the younger guys with the big guns and putting them over but yet here we're sitting with HHH/Taker and Jericho/Punk which does nobody any favors in the long run. They should have went with HHH/Punk to give Punk eyeballs and Jericho/Miz imo to give Miz eyeballs and a solid program. Instead, when Mania is over and Rock, Taker and HHH are gone again, nobody will have been elevated coming out of Mania therefore the shows still have no star power therefore nobody watches in big numbers like this because the younger guys aren't holding their interest. It's a vicious circle lol.
How dare you be reasonable?!!?!
__________________
#1Peep4ever is offline  
Old 03-01-2012, 08:04 PM   #1680 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Posts: 62
nderq is in rep purgatory
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Everytime Punk and bryan are in the ring together, viewership drops like crazy. The unusual Q3 gain is obviously Taker/HHH video package.

Besides why would more number of people suddenly tune in to watch a match that they didnt care for the first two quarters anyway?

PWtorch is garbage, full of speculative shit. Meltzer is much more reliable.
nderq is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios