**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 158 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, ROH, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-29-2012, 06:44 AM   #1571 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,133
Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500Starbuck 25001 - 25500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Well this is just disappointing tbh. I'm sure the Daytona race thing impacted upon them, as well as no HHH/Taker but still, neither hour was over 5 million and with an advertised Rock appearance, that simply isn't good. It seems as though the opener did pretty well which I'm happy with because it was a great segment and deserved eyeballs on it. The overrun number and the fact that it lost viewers is just plain bad though. But you know what? I think I know the reason why and it isn't some fantastical explanation. It's actually quite simple really. People were expecting Rock to respond to Cena the way he should have. Instead they got an obviously off Rock talking about twitter for 15 minutes. So they tuned out. I really think it's that simple. While I'm sure it was great for the fans in attendance, getting to chant along etc etc, as a TV viewer expecting shit to hit the fan, I was let down and I know most other people were too. It was just a bad promo and I wouldn't be surprised at all if that's the reason why people left/it didn't do as well as expected. He may be the Rock but bad TV is bad TV and that last segment was bad TV imo.

The question is now where do we go from here? Next week I imagine we'll get the response from Rock that we should have got this week. Both Rock and Cena will be there. No more of this solo promo shit. Get them both in the ring and have them go at it. HHH/Taker/HBK will be there. Stick these guys on at 10pm and let them work their magic. Do whatever they have planned for Jericho/Punk and hopefully it does as well as this week. Start the fucking hype and kick shit into gear! It's the only way they're going to see an increase. Either that or the interest simply isn't there but I don't think that's the case. They just haven't effectively projected it yet. Needless to say, with no competition next week (I think, right?) and Rock, Cena, HHH, HBK, Taker all on the show, if this thing doesn't pull a good number then I really don't know what to tell you lol.
__________________
Starbuck is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-29-2012, 07:32 AM   #1572 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
deatawaits's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: no one's land
Posts: 340
deatawaits 0 - 49
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I would admit that I don't know shit about business,ratings but isn't it RTWM? Shouldn't it get really above 3.1s?And with the rock there is no excuse not even a single fucking excuse this time.I am a rock boy and that's why I can never be unbiased about him,and feel that the promo was long that's why it lost viewers.But you know it is worrying that for the biggest match in last 10 years your Second hour loses viewers.It's flat out simple: The WWE, sure as hell, isn't going to meet an end now it's still strong,But the WWE is ,sure as hell,becoming really irrelevant and I may be damn wrong but I feel MMA/UFC is the biggest reason
Quote:
Posted by DESO
Fucking amen.

It's okay when Punk's white-hot storyline is turned into a complete circle jerk fiasco that breaks a hundred laws of pro wrestling, because he wasn't gonna ever draw anyway, eh? But if Rock doesn't draw viewers like trout to aquatic insects, it is down to creative, pure and simple. They dropped the ball. Never mind that Rock was gone for months on end, last time he was seen he kicked three guys' asses and every appearance of his is treated like the Second Coming, whereas, for the benefit of mere counter point, Punk had to wade deep into the mess of the entire late August-to-late October "Summer of Punk-Cum-Conspiracy-Cum-Utter Fuckery" angle, never really satisfactorily avenging his bedevilment at the varied hands of Nash and Awesome Truth, and then awkwardly thrown into an angle with Alberto Del Rio.

And I have to say, RockAE316 hasn't disappointed. Now not only is this the worst roster of all times~!, but apparently WWE is in the shape of WCW in the year 2000. Business is down across the board but WWE's not exactly at death's door quite yet. Hyperbole does not become thee. Doth protest too much.

Obviously Daytona 500 hurt Raw's rating. Obviously the 3.1 rating as a simple number is not something to get worked up over all by itself. Want proof? A mere year and a half ago, in August 2010, Raw drew two back-to-back viewership numbers of 4,660,000, roughly the same number for this week's viewership and each Raw had 3.3 ratings. February and March are much more arduous television months than August. And, yes, Daytona 500 doubtless had a deleterious effect on the rating.
this.
And I salute Rock316AE For his untouchable trolling skills
__________________
deatawaits is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 07:59 AM   #1573 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,343
#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

If Rock is really that big of a draw for the WWE than the rating should have been more than 4.0
his promo was bad no substance whatsoever and he didnt draw that much.

If the Rock was not there and Taker/Trips where in the overrun that went for a very long time people would have said if the rock was in that timeslot the show would have gotten 4.0

at this point i dont even know if this Mania is going to do more than 1.2 mio buys.


As for those extreme Rock marks... This is the worst roster of all time...REALLY?! or is it booking that fucks them over and over again.

When SvS did a not so great buyrate people complained about the build up and booking and that it fucked the Rocks drawing power but when it comes to the current Roster its them who cant draw... They are perfectly booked but they just are shitty...? I dont think so

Those excuses for the Rock are hilarious. Last year i saw little kids play wrestling games and collect the cards while kids of the same day nowadays dont give a fuck about wrestling... Oh yeah and the Rock did not make wrestling "cool" like you say. He just got them some attention since people were interested to see what a movie star would be doing in a wrestling ring and the older fans were excited to see the great one back in the ring. Now people dont care. At least the non wrestling fans. They know Dwayne Johnson will be in the ring at Wrestlemania but they are not eager to see it since they dont care about WRESTLING and if the Rock cant get new people to watch and older fans dont tune in again because they are not interested in a boring feud its not the fault of the fucking roster.

The E needs a direction change. Good booking to show the new guys to the audience. Good booking that makes them have a chance to get over
Add more worth to the title for fucks sake. Have Storylines for everyone and dont make those guys just have a series of matches for some title that does not have any worth. Dont treat us like we are stupid just dropping some storylines or contradict yourself because we probably have forgotten it already.

I still do enjoy the show since i grew up with wrestling and i still love it. Guys like Ziggler Christian Punk Bryan Rhodes and hell even Cena make me want to watch Raw and Smackdown.

Rock is no god. He wont revive the wrestling business. He will just add some lights on the E till he is gone again. In that period of time they need to book shit right and afterwards continue with good booking so people wont tune out again.

We have witnessed it. One bad Show makes people dont watch the next week.
People kept tuning out during the Overrun which is HORRIBLE (or did i get something wrong here?)
And the fact that the rock lost in the Overrun is even more horrible. Dont come at me with the material was shit and blabla. You were the ones saying the Rock can turn anything into gold. You said he was going to make this feud interesting but he had bad day thus not doing shit for the show and for the feud. Cena did. He was serious while Rock was making corny jokes. We will see next week.
__________________
#1Peep4ever is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:10 AM   #1574 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,735
GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Peep4ever View Post
If Rock is really that big of a draw for the WWE than the rating should have been more than 4.0
his promo was bad no substance whatsoever and he didnt draw that much.

If the Rock was not there and Taker/Trips where in the overrun that went for a very long time people would have said if the rock was in that timeslot the show would have gotten 4.0

at this point i dont even know if this Mania is going to do more than 1.2 mio buys.


As for those extreme Rock marks... This is the worst roster of all time...REALLY?! or is it booking that fucks them over and over again.

When SvS did a not so great buyrate people complained about the build up and booking and that it fucked the Rocks drawing power but when it comes to the current Roster its them who cant draw... They are perfectly booked but they just are shitty...? I dont think so

Those excuses for the Rock are hilarious. Last year i saw little kids play wrestling games and collect the cards while kids of the same day nowadays dont give a fuck about wrestling... Oh yeah and the Rock did not make wrestling "cool" like you say. He just got them some attention since people were interested to see what a movie star would be doing in a wrestling ring and the older fans were excited to see the great one back in the ring. Now people dont care. At least the non wrestling fans. They know Dwayne Johnson will be in the ring at Wrestlemania but they are not eager to see it since they dont care about WRESTLING and if the Rock cant get new people to watch and older fans dont tune in again because they are not interested in a boring feud its not the fault of the fucking roster.

The E needs a direction change. Good booking to show the new guys to the audience. Good booking that makes them have a chance to get over
Add more worth to the title for fucks sake. Have Storylines for everyone and dont make those guys just have a series of matches for some title that does not have any worth. Dont treat us like we are stupid just dropping some storylines or contradict yourself because we probably have forgotten it already.

I still do enjoy the show since i grew up with wrestling and i still love it. Guys like Ziggler Christian Punk Bryan Rhodes and hell even Cena make me want to watch Raw and Smackdown.

Rock is no god. He wont revive the wrestling business. He will just add some lights on the E till he is gone again. In that period of time they need to book shit right and afterwards continue with good booking so people wont tune out again.

We have witnessed it. One bad Show makes people dont watch the next week.
People kept tuning out during the Overrun which is HORRIBLE (or did i get something wrong here?)
And the fact that the rock lost in the Overrun is even more horrible. Dont come at me with the material was shit and blabla. You were the ones saying the Rock can turn anything into gold. You said he was going to make this feud interesting but he had bad day thus not doing shit for the show and for the feud. Cena did. He was serious while Rock was making corny jokes. We will see next week.
If Mania does 1.2 million buys it's a smashing success. It did with 1.1 last year.

Dieing and fading away into obscurity are 2 different things.

Numbers don't lie and it's a fact that they're down 10% across the board despite the Summer of Punk, and Rock Cena going on. It's a fact WWE got hammered last quarter with a 10 million deficit. I don't think the business is going to die, but I do think's it trending down and that's not changing anytime soon regardless of booking. Competition is better, and I'm not talking about another rasslin program.

As far as ratings decreasing last week. Viewership was the same. NASCAR probally bumped overall television viewership knocking the rating down a little.

The only I do agree with is it's a concern that they lost viewers as the promo went along.
GillbergReturns is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:15 AM   #1575 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Marv95's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Philly
Posts: 2,870
Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000Marv95 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
This is the worst roster of all time...REALLY?! or is it booking that fucks them over and over again.
It's not just the booking. When JR was the head of talent relations with OVW we got the likes of Lesnar, Orton, Cena, Batista, Shelton, etc. When Ace replaced him we got guys like Kozlov, Khali, the Bellas, Kelly Kelly and FCW top guys such as...
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by blazegod99 View Post
You fucking politically correct morons are quick to defend WWE for every pussy ass decision they make, but complain about the show lacking attitude and intensity... SMH.
Right on!
Marv95 is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:18 AM   #1576 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,735
GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by psx71 View Post
Then again, MAYBE, JUST MAYBE, there ARE wrestlers backstage who WANT to talk to the Rock, and you know what, he isn't there. Punk isn't desperate for advice, I don't know what type of advice he would want when he's already at the top. He was most likely referring to Rock and the younger talent.

Oh yeah, cause you know, the Rock putting over other talent was because of him. Bullshit. It was because he was on his way out, and he HAD to. It's more of a tradition then it is Rock's will. He wanted to go over Lesnar because he let him go over clean at SummerSlam.

First off think of this guy who shows up, and then is automatically in the main spot at WrestleMania despite the fact that he only shows up a couple times a year. Wouldn't you be pissed if that happened? Of course there's a business reason behind it, but I sure as hell would still be pissed.

Again, the envious people won't come up to you. They're going to be talking behind your back without reason cause their pricks, but again, IF Rock DID actually stay backstage, maybe they would approach him....
I'm sure there's guys who want to talk to Rock, but it's not like Rock doesn't have a life outside of the WWE.

He comes back literally in between shooting a movie stays to himself for the short amount of time that he's there and all of the sudden you have bunch of guys crying that he didn't say hi to them.

Grow up and stop being so emotional. If the complaint stands past Mania I'll back off, because his schedule isn't quite as hectic right now.
GillbergReturns is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:21 AM   #1577 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 2,625
D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000D.M.N. 1501 - 2000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Full breakdown later when it comes, but assuming the information on the previous page was true:

3.4 rating / ~5.1 million - Q3 - conclusion of Punk/Bryan; Y2J's attack
-------------------------
3.5 rating / ~5.1 million - Overrun 1 - Rock promo beginning
3.3 rating / ~4.8 million - Overrun 2 - conclusion of Rock/Cena

While Rock's segment had the highest rating, it looks like the Punk/Jericho segment had the highest (or at least joint highest) viewership of the night. Quite astonishing if true, considering Jericho hasn't really drawn since he got back. Punk and Bryan though drawing well too it seems but that would be extremely surprising if it was indeed higher than Rock/Cena.

The in-depth quarter-by-quarter breakdowns later will tell us more. If we are to believe that the Daytona 500 had a effect, then the race was red-flagged at about 21:53, which is halfway through Q4, resuming at about ~00:00, after RAW had ended. So hour 2 and the overrun should not have been affected by Daytona.

Last edited by D.M.N. : 02-29-2012 at 08:25 AM.
D.M.N. is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:26 AM   #1578 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 5,735
GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000GillbergReturns 1501 - 2000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by #1Peep4ever View Post
If Rock is really that big of a draw for the WWE than the rating should have been more than 4.0
his promo was bad no substance whatsoever and he didnt draw that much.

If the Rock was not there and Taker/Trips where in the overrun that went for a very long time people would have said if the rock was in that timeslot the show would have gotten 4.0

at this point i dont even know if this Mania is going to do more than 1.2 mio buys.


As for those extreme Rock marks... This is the worst roster of all time...REALLY?! or is it booking that fucks them over and over again.

When SvS did a not so great buyrate people complained about the build up and booking and that it fucked the Rocks drawing power but when it comes to the current Roster its them who cant draw... They are perfectly booked but they just are shitty...? I dont think so

Those excuses for the Rock are hilarious. Last year i saw little kids play wrestling games and collect the cards while kids of the same day nowadays dont give a fuck about wrestling... Oh yeah and the Rock did not make wrestling "cool" like you say. He just got them some attention since people were interested to see what a movie star would be doing in a wrestling ring and the older fans were excited to see the great one back in the ring. Now people dont care. At least the non wrestling fans. They know Dwayne Johnson will be in the ring at Wrestlemania but they are not eager to see it since they dont care about WRESTLING and if the Rock cant get new people to watch and older fans dont tune in again because they are not interested in a boring feud its not the fault of the fucking roster.

The E needs a direction change. Good booking to show the new guys to the audience. Good booking that makes them have a chance to get over
Add more worth to the title for fucks sake. Have Storylines for everyone and dont make those guys just have a series of matches for some title that does not have any worth. Dont treat us like we are stupid just dropping some storylines or contradict yourself because we probably have forgotten it already.

I still do enjoy the show since i grew up with wrestling and i still love it. Guys like Ziggler Christian Punk Bryan Rhodes and hell even Cena make me want to watch Raw and Smackdown.

Rock is no god. He wont revive the wrestling business. He will just add some lights on the E till he is gone again. In that period of time they need to book shit right and afterwards continue with good booking so people wont tune out again.

We have witnessed it. One bad Show makes people dont watch the next week.
People kept tuning out during the Overrun which is HORRIBLE (or did i get something wrong here?)
And the fact that the rock lost in the Overrun is even more horrible. Dont come at me with the material was shit and blabla. You were the ones saying the Rock can turn anything into gold. You said he was going to make this feud interesting but he had bad day thus not doing shit for the show and for the feud. Cena did. He was serious while Rock was making corny jokes. We will see next week.
People tuned out as Cena was walking in. I don't think you can give him much credit on this one.

Not blaming Cena for the segment losing viewers, personally I just think it went on for 10 mintues too long, people don't want a 25 minute overrun.
GillbergReturns is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:32 AM   #1579 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,343
#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
If Mania does 1.2 million buys it's a smashing success. It did with 1.1 last year.

Dieing and fading away into obscurity are 2 different things.

Numbers don't lie and it's a fact that they're down 10% across the board despite the Summer of Punk, and Rock Cena going on. It's a fact WWE got hammered last quarter with a 10 million deficit. I don't think the business is going to die, but I do think's it trending down and that's not changing anytime soon regardless of booking. Competition is better, and I'm not talking about another rasslin program.

As far as ratings decreasing last week. Viewership was the same. NASCAR probally bumped overall television viewership knocking the rating down a little.

The only I do agree with is it's a concern that they lost viewers as the promo went along.
its the fact that they have the rock vs Cena
anything below 1.2 mio is disappointment

never said its going to die i mean really DIE that might take like 20 years
but we might have to buy dvds to watch raw because no channel wants to air it (in 10 years) if things keep getting worse
who knows how many will watch next year
They need to make interesting storylines so people keep on tuning. I mean the fucking US champion is hardly featured on tv
The smackdown MITB winner was wrestling on superstars and nxt and hardly made it to smackdown till they started the cash in angle
well as i said i enjoy the shows but i am hardcore wrestling fan and the casuals do matter more
__________________
#1Peep4ever is offline  
Old 02-29-2012, 08:35 AM   #1580 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,343
#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500#1Peep4ever 1001 - 1500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
People tuned out as Cena was walking in. I don't think you can give him much credit on this one.

Not blaming Cena for the segment losing viewers, personally I just think it went on for 10 mintues too long, people don't want a 25 minute overrun.
i wont comment on the cena till is see the quarter hours
and yeah the rock talking about twitter all the time and making corny jokes isnt going to keep anyone interested
hope next weeks will be better build up wise

a promo with both of them is needed now
__________________
#1Peep4ever is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios