**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 141 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-23-2012, 03:04 PM   #1401 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
A-C-P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 7,201
A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboi101 View Post
I didn't say that it had no effect, I said the effect was overblown. Also, the people you know that stream it because they aren't at home, guess what...they also wouldn't be watching it on tv otherwise, because they aren't at home. So them steraming it doesn't impact the ratings.

You may know a few people that prefer to watch it later cause of commercials...I've never heard of that. Most people I know would want to watch it live.
These people aren't home (the ones I know) to watch it b/c they know they don't have to be to see Raw b/c internet streaming is available. Yes, the effect of internet streaming is overblown by some people (hell everything gets over blown by some people) I just think you are discounting it to much. You said in your first post that it had ZERO effect on ratings anyways, which IMO is wrong.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboi101 View Post
So, basically, most people that stream Raw on the internet probably do so because they couldn't watch it otherwise. They have no impact on the ratings because if they didnt stream it, they still couldn't watch it.
The people who you say stream it b/c they aren;t home to watch it when its on live means they wouldn't have watched it TV anyways is also not really that correct IMO either. Alot of these people (like I said before) know they can go out and do other things rather than stay home and watch Raw live on TV b/c of the internet streams. the fact remains if the streams weren't available they would've stayed home and watched Raw.

But you'ce changed your tune anyways you've went from saying it had ZERO effect on ratings to saying it has a small effect on ratings, which was my argument anyways, is it a HUGE effect no, but it has an effect. Is it the total main reason for the large loss of veiwership numbers compared to prior years no, the WWE has many many issues that have caused that, but increasingly easy access to the internet by its fans is one of the factors.
__________________


Last edited by A-C-P : 02-23-2012 at 03:18 PM.
A-C-P is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-23-2012, 03:05 PM   #1402 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,532
Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboi101 View Post
I didn't say that it had no effect, I said the effect was overblown. Also, the people you know that stream it because they aren't at home, guess what...they also wouldn't be watching it on tv otherwise, because they aren't at home. So them steraming it doesn't impact the ratings.

You may know a few people that prefer to watch it later cause of commercials...I've never heard of that. Most people I know would want to watch it live.
Spot on, Common sense. The streams has maybe 0.01 affect on TV ratings. When people are talking about the negativity of streams and internet, it's on PPVs, not TV shows.
Rock316AE is online now  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #1403 (permalink)
rcc
Little Poppa Pump
 
rcc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brisbane, Australia
Posts: 2,009
rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500rcc 2001 - 2500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brye View Post
RockAE, I'm sure he knows more than you do.
He's a bullshit artist, but no surprise you fell for it hook line and sinker.

WWE is primarily a TV business if the majority of their revenue comes from the TV business. Pretty simple equation. Anyone care to look at WWE's financial figures?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblvdx View Post
yeah, when he said are clueless about ratings and that there only there to please sponsers? which is true.

WWE is not just a T.V show. There are so many things like buyrates, Merchandise sales, DVD and media, ticket sales etc. Even Vince has stated that ratings arent a big deal to begin with, and he said that in fucking 1997 when WWE was not a puplic traded company.
Relevance? You just threw that out to try and look intelligent. Whether it's publicly traded or not doesn't change how the business is run .

And if you can't see how those other "things" are reliant on the TV business which is their core source of business (they even call TV their core business in the financial reports), then you are way too blinded by your messiah's stupidity.

Last edited by rcc : 02-23-2012 at 03:21 PM.
rcc is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:33 PM   #1404 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 424
Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-C-P View Post
These people aren't home (the ones I know) to watch it b/c they know they don't have to be to see Raw b/c internet streaming is available. Yes, the effect of internet streaming is overblown by some people (hell everything gets over blown by some people) I just think you are discounting it to much. You said in your first post that it had ZERO effect on ratings anyways, which IMO is wrong.



The people who you say stream it b/c they aren;t home to watch it when its on live means they wouldn't have watched it TV anyways is also not really that correct IMO either. Alot of these people (like I said before) know they can go out and do other things rather than stay home and watch Raw live on TV b/c of the internet streams. the fact remains if the streams weren't available they would've stayed home and watched Raw.

But you'ce changed your tune anyways you've went from saying it had ZERO effect on ratings to saying it has a small effect on ratings, which was my argument anyways, is it a HUGE effect no, but it has an effect. Is it the total main reason for the large loss of veiwership numbers compared to prior years no, the WWE has many many issues that have caused that, but increasingly easy access to the internet by its fans is one of the factors.

Where did I ever say it had ZERO effect? I said it was overblown and it didn't have much effect. Reread my post. I haven't changed my tune at all.
Fanboi101 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:34 PM   #1405 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 424
Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by A-C-P View Post
There are plenty of reasons people in the US stream Raw. They are not home when Raw is on live and have to stream it. Also, I know a few people that stream Raw b/c they don't want to watch it live b/c of commercials. So IMO I don't think that internet streaming thing is overblown at all and definitely has an effect on TV ratings. Internet streaming is having an effect on alot more TV shows' TV ratings than just RAW. Hell even myself I have other commitments on Monday evenings and have to DVR Raw and watch it after I get home on monday nights after Raw is finished on TV.
Thinking that internet streaming has no effect on the TV ratings is just as ignorant as thinking the TV ratings have no meaning at all.
This quote itself tells me you have absolutely no clue about how ratings work. If you have to DVR Raw because you have other commitments, you wouldn't have been able to watch it anyways. All that DVR/streaming has done is allow you to watch something you were not able to watch before.
Fanboi101 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:37 PM   #1406 (permalink)
Working on my abs
 
The Cynical Miracle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: u.k
Posts: 2,990
The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500The Cynical Miracle 4001 - 4500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcc View Post
He's a bullshit artist, but no surprise you fell for it hook line and sinker.

WWE is primarily a TV business if the majority of their revenue comes from the TV business. Pretty simple equation. Anyone care to look at WWE's financial figures?



Relevance? You just threw that out to try and look intelligent. Whether it's publicly traded or not doesn't change how the business is run .

And if you can't see how those other "things" are reliant on the TV business which is their core source of business (they even call TV their core business in the financial reports), then you are way too blinded by your messiah's stupidity.
Okay. I'm done.
__________________
The Cynical Miracle is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:44 PM   #1407 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
A-C-P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 7,201
A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboi101 View Post
This quote itself tells me you have absolutely no clue about how ratings work. If you have to DVR Raw because you have other commitments, you wouldn't have been able to watch it anyways. All that DVR/streaming has done is allow you to watch something you were not able to watch before.
NO my point is I made those other commitments b/c I know I don't have to be home to watch Raw live when its on, so if that option wasn't avaiable to me I wouldn;t have made the commitments and I would be home on monday

nights watching Raw. So I am not watching Raw live on TV b/c I have other options. Its not that I couldn't watch it I choose not to watch it. People choosing not to watch Raw live on TV b/c they have other options effects the ratings.

Trust me I understand that the people who's absolutle only option is to stream Raw or watch it on DVR would not effect the ratings # anyways. But the people who choose to watch raw through these other avenues b/c they can and without them would be watching Raw on TV do effect ratings in a negative way.

But again we are arguing semantics here b/c we bot hagree its a small effect, and I think I jsut misunderstood you when I thought you said it had no effect on ratings (which is the issue I had)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboi101 View Post
So, basically, most people that stream Raw on the internet probably do so because they couldn't watch it otherwise. They have no impact on the ratings because if they didnt stream it, they still couldn't watch it.
Oh and heres where you said the have NO affect on ratings but I think I misunderstood that paragraph and i apologize.
__________________


Last edited by A-C-P : 02-23-2012 at 03:50 PM.
A-C-P is online now  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:49 PM   #1408 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 424
Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000Fanboi101 501 - 1000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I was refering to people that stream raw on the internet because they couldn't watch it otherwise. The people that do that have NO impact.

I also said "So, basically, most people that stream Raw on the internet probably do so because they couldn't watch it otherwise". I never said that everyone that streams raw does so because they couldn't watch it otherwise. I realize that some do so because they might prefer it. I guess you are one of those that would rather stream it.
Fanboi101 is offline  
Old 02-23-2012, 03:52 PM   #1409 (permalink)
Cutting a shoot promo to get over
 
A-C-P's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Green Bay, WI
Posts: 7,201
A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000A-C-P 3501 - 4000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fanboi101 View Post
I was refering to people that stream raw on the internet because they couldn't watch it otherwise. The people that do that have NO impact.

I also said "So, basically, most people that stream Raw on the internet probably do so because they couldn't watch it otherwise". I never said that everyone that streams raw does so because they couldn't watch it otherwise. I realize that some do so because they might prefer it. I guess you are one of those that would rather stream it.
Well i watch it on DVR so I would technically be counted in the ratings # if I had a neilsen box, but no need to continue this argument b/c I am the one you misunderstood ytour OP on the subject and we are basically arguing semantics on the same point.
__________________

A-C-P is online now  
Old 02-23-2012, 05:48 PM   #1410 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Redrox's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 601
Redrox 50 - 100
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCoon View Post
I personally prefer Wade Keller and Bruce Mitchell anyways. They continually provide a much better analysis than anything Meltzer has done.
Love Bruce Mitchell, he is just awesome.
Redrox is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios