**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 101 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 03:04 PM   #1001 (permalink)
ROH here I come!
 
corfend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,552
corfend 251 - 500corfend 251 - 500corfend 251 - 500corfend 251 - 500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Yeah, but they were irrelevant to this 3.54 and a different segment there would have probably done much better.



He never got the opportunity to do it in quite some time, he was on SD and when he makes RAW shows, it's just a filler match in random time slot because of the "supershow" concept...
I'm an Orton fan, but you can't ignore the fact that the SD ratings went up both times the WHC was taken off of him. I think people are tired of the friendly, predictable snake-man and I for one don't blame them. The only thing Orton's good for these days is putting on good matches and putting over other talent (Rhodes, Henry, Barrett etc). He doesn't even feel like a wrestler anymore, more like a caricature of one.
corfend is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-02-2012, 03:08 PM   #1002 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,188
Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000Wrestlinfan35 5501 - 6000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
Of course it's relevant. How can you say it isn't? Whatever many people were already watching Raw without Punk/Bryan being on. Only an extra 200k viewers tuned in to see their match. Of course that's relevant. If the segments before had lost even more and then 700k viewers came back for Punk/Bryan, what does that say about Punk/Bryan? That 700k people couldn't be fucked watching whatever was on before them but came back when their match was on to see it. It's what has been the main problem with Raw's ratings for ages now. People are tuning in at the start, not giving a fuck, leaving and then coming back at the end to varying degrees depending on who's there and what's happening. Of course it's relevant.
Wouldn't the issue then lie with all the segments that are in between. The fact that it's acceptable for the random quarters to lose that many viewers is iffy to me, especially when you have people like Orton in them. Come on, you can't expect Bryan/Punk to gain 700k back at the 10 spot this week, because that would mean it would've done better than both the opening segment and the Taker/HHH segment, and I doubt anybody thought that would happen. Bringing back 200k is reasonable. Like you said, they're not Cena and Batista, but they sure as hell are draws. Not major draws by any means, but this number, a fucking 3.54, is letting me know they're well on their way. Because if an 18 minute overrun with Triple H and a fucking returning Undertaker can only do a 3.8? I think that's pretty good indication that Punk and Bryan aren't in any trouble in terms of drawing.
__________________





best.

Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #1003 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 290
Edgeheadpeeps 101 - 250Edgeheadpeeps 101 - 250
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I just don't get it with Orton. He was by far the most over wrestler on this past Raw and the crowd was on fire for his match with Ziggler (even moreso than the Punk Vs Bryan match) but he didn't even have an effect on the ratings.
Edgeheadpeeps is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:21 PM   #1004 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,532
Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000Rock316AE 15501 - 16000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by corfend View Post
I'm an Orton fan, but you can't ignore the fact that the SD ratings went up both times the WHC was taken off of him. I think people are tired of the friendly, predictable snake-man and I for one don't blame them. The only thing Orton's good for these days is putting on good matches and putting over other talent (Rhodes, Henry, Barrett etc). He doesn't even feel like a wrestler anymore, more like a caricature of one.
We can't really talk about SD ratings because we don't have the breakdown, besides Cena full time, Henry and Show are probably the biggest TV draws they have got right now. I also don't see how his character is stale when he's getting pop of the night every time and has almost 100% of the crowds on his side in all the demos, I want to see him in a more human character but it's not like he can't continue to do what he's doing now. You just need to give him a storyline on RAW and you will see the results, he's a big name in every aspect, Hopefully in April after the draft.
Rock316AE is online now  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:26 PM   #1005 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
JasonLives's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: Boden, Sweden
Posts: 5,596
JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500JasonLives 4001 - 4500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Yeah there is absolutly no sign that Orton has been any type of a draw these last 2-3 years.

Last time he was champion on SmackDown I think the ratings average was like 1.8. And this was during the month he feuded with Mark Henry. One of the guys Rock316AE gives full credit to for the SmackDown ratings right now. So apparently Orton cant draw with Henry, but Bryan can draw with Henry.

Punk isnt a Great draw. But WWE has shown faith in him, while everyone says "Vince will panic and take the title from him" the WWE keeps putting him in the 10PM or ME slot. The slots that are reserved for the "major players". So they continue to have faith in him. The numbers seem good enough for WWE since they keep putting Punk in those spots week after week.

And in the end, WWE has the minute by minute ratings. We dont. Maybe they see something we cant see. They can see if a drop in ratings is because of a commercial break or not. We cant.
JasonLives is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:36 PM   #1006 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,588
Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000Starbuck 26501 - 27000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlinfan35 View Post
Wouldn't the issue then lie with all the segments that are in between. The fact that it's acceptable for the random quarters to lose that many viewers is iffy to me, especially when you have people like Orton in them. Come on, you can't expect Bryan/Punk to gain 700k back at the 10 spot this week, because that would mean it would've done better than both the opening segment and the Taker/HHH segment, and I doubt anybody thought that would happen. Bringing back 200k is reasonable. Like you said, they're not Cena and Batista, but they sure as hell are draws. Not major draws by any means, but this number, a fucking 3.54, is letting me know they're well on their way. Because if an 18 minute overrun with Triple H and a fucking returning Undertaker can only do a 3.8? I think that's pretty good indication that Punk and Bryan aren't in any trouble in terms of drawing.
Nobody is saying that the issue doesn't lie with the segments in between or that it's acceptable for that to happen. Have you been reading the rating threads at all? This, other than the incessant bitching and trolling, is the thing that pops up the most and the only way to fix it is to put on an entertaining product across the board. Again, I wasn't expecting Bryan/Punk to gain 700k at all. I was expecting it do exactly what it did actually. Does that make them draws? Depends on your definition of what a draw is. Personally I'd say no. Selling t-shirts and a nice run of increased ratings on SD doesn't mean anything if you aren't moving live event gates or selling PPV's. Again that's an across the board problem but neither Punk or Bryan are doing anything to move business in that regard. Punk's a hell of a lot closer to Bryan is but he still isn't quite fully there yet.

A 3.5 is a good number for them but look at it like this. Their match was announced at the start of the show which was a 3.9. So yeah, they gained back some viewers after people were tuning out throughout the show but did all the people who were watching at the start tune in again to see their match? No. And not even putting it that way, the 10pm slot is supposed to experience a higher gain than that. But for recent times I'd say that they did better than what has become normal now. Some of Punk's other outings in this spot have lost viewers or gained very marginally. Obviously the concept of champ vs. champ had a lot of people interested but a gain of 200k for that particular segment isn't something to go posting boastful memes about.
__________________

~Nemesis~
Starbuck is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 03:50 PM   #1007 (permalink)
Moron
 
Brave Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 833
Brave Nash is not that liked
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Punk gained viewers this week and last week, so he's improving his draw power and people still bitch about it.
Last week he gained viewers in both appearance in that night and that was indeed the highlight of the show.
And this week again the same thing happened his appearance is the highlight of the show nothing agains DB but Punk
was mostly the one responsible but that match was good because of both for sure.
Brave Nash is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #1008 (permalink)
Proud Coiner of Dub's Vituperative Moniker, He of the Duplicitous Mien
 
DesolationRow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: My own version of Frank Zappa's log cabin
Posts: 11,980
DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000DesolationRow 14501 - 15000
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Guess this is where the reality check has to be reissued. And I'd say this if we were back in 2004-2007 talking about Orton or in late 1999 talking about Triple H. The fact that we're comparing CM Punk and Daniel Bryan to Randy Orton, much less guys like Cena and Triple H and Undertaker, is hilarious. What's next, can Sheamus draw six million viewers by cutting his "Wrestlemania decision" promo? Punk's superpush began seven months ago. (And it had a very choppy, messed up midsection.) Daniel Bryan was dragged back into relevancy, as Smackdown's Mr. Money in the Bank... a mere two or three months ago.

Conversely, taking a look at what Miz did as WWE Champion one year ago in a match against his World Heavyweight Champion rival, Edge, which took place two months after Miz was finally formally sanctioned as a main-eventer through winning the WWE Championship and declaring him "terrible" is likewise hilarious.

Why not take a look at what kind of impact Miz made in his average quarter hour once he was firmly established at the top of the card through his "Rock Impersonation" star-making overrun segment on March 14 of last year? The following week he drew practically a million viewers all by his lonesome due to being hyped as "Making Miztory." (Sure, Cena did show up in the end, but by that point the overrun only had another couple of minutes left to go. And the audience had been told repeatedly that Cena was not at Raw that week, having sustained injuries from Miz's beatdown the week before. That quarter hour is almost solely down to The Miz and what he and they were able to do with his star status the previous week.)

We could also discuss how big Triple H became following the shotgun wedding with Stephanie. Or how Orton was able to finally flirt with being an actual significant ratings draw through feuding with the McMahon Family and Triple H in early 2009.

Funny thing about stars or "draws." They usually take at least some time and effort to create.
__________________

Last edited by DesolationRow : 02-02-2012 at 07:27 PM.
DesolationRow is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:33 PM   #1009 (permalink)
.........
 
MoveMent's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Virginia
Posts: 3,207
MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500MoveMent 5001 - 5500
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

It's a shame Triple H feared Punk was getting too successful and beat him at Generic PPV #8 last year, stoppin' all his momentum in the process.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadman_15/Brandon
A retraction and restatement time, really. To tell everyone the truth for me; I've been a bad way for a good few months now, mentally, extremely.
MoveMent is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 07:51 PM   #1010 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 507
Gerdon 0 - 49
Cool Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoveMent View Post
It's a shame Triple H feared Punk was getting too successful and beat him at Generic PPV #8 last year, stoppin' all his momentum in the process.


Triple h should have stayed away and let cena-del rio be the main event at the "genric ppv #8" instead.


As for ratings, i like to see how much orton would draw if he were put in the 10 pm slot compared to punk and how punk would have done in the orton-ziggler segment. That would be quite interesting.
Gerdon is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios