**The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here) - Page 100 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Do Wrestlers Draw, Or Does the WWE Brand Draw?

Wrestlers Draw 251 39.53%
WWE Brand draws 384 60.47%
Voters: 635. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 02-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #991 (permalink)
ROH here I come!
 
corfend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,552
corfend should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscorfend should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscorfend should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscorfend should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Orton isn't much of a draw. He doesn't have the big-name appeal of guys like Cena, HHH and 'Taker. Put him in an interesting storyline/angle, the fans will tune in. Put him in a random thrown-together match with no accompanying storyline, they won't. Just like the rest of the roster except for top stars like Cena.
corfend is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-02-2012, 02:08 PM   #992 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,690
GillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new hereGillbergReturns better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Starbuck View Post
I touched upon it in my other post but I think we've become so used to the 10pm slot doing so badly over the past year that any gain at all is praised lol. Given how utterly shit some segments/matches have done in recent months, a lot of them including Punk mind you, I think it's a positive sign that viewership went up, even if it wasn't some astronomical number. Were it WHC Batista vs. WWE Champ John Cena I think we'd all be expecting HUGE gains. But it wasn't. It was WHC Bryan vs. WWE Champ Punk. Both of them are making strides in terms of being legit drawing stars but they aren't there yet.



Because Orton has never really been able to draw on his own without some form of help and because every single person in Q2 has lost viewers apart from Rock in the past year. Orton losing viewers isn't news or a big deal. In fact, I can't remember the last time he gained viewers on Raw tbh. Granted, he hasn't had a storyline and has just been in random matches but still, he isn't a ratings powerhouse by any stretch of the imagination. Over as fuck? Absolutely. A legit draw? Not on your life and I say all that as a huge Orton mark. When he was white hot back in mid 2010 business didn't move at all.
I don't quite get Orton. When you listen to the crowd reaction during his matches only Cena rivals it. The crowd was 3x more alive for Ziggler Orton than Punk Bryan, but he's got no drawing power whatsoever.

He's the rare wrestler that engages the crowd and gets them to react but then gets nothing to show for it.
GillbergReturns is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #993 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,652
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
I don't quite get Orton. When you listen to the crowd reaction during his matches only Cena rivals it. The crowd was 3x more alive for Ziggler Orton than Punk Bryan, but he's got no drawing power whatsoever.

He's the rare wrestler that engages the crowd and gets them to react but then gets nothing to show for it.
It is rather curious. I guess haters would start their speech on how he was force fed for years and didn't ascend to the top naturally [insert Pyro Orton rant here lol] and maybe that does play a role. I don't know. I guess maybe you can look at him like the Hardy Boys back in the AE. They were super over and sold a shit ton of merch but were people buying tickets to shows just to see them or paying money for PPVs just to see them? No, they were paying for Austin, Rock, HHH, Taker etc who did everything the Hardys did but to an even higher level. But I really don't know why Orton, being as over as he is and the investment that the fans have in him hasn't translated over to boat loads of $$$.
__________________
Starbuck is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:17 PM   #994 (permalink)
From Parts Unknown
 
LarryCoon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 3,697
LarryCoon needs to take rep more seriousLarryCoon needs to take rep more seriousLarryCoon needs to take rep more seriousLarryCoon needs to take rep more seriousLarryCoon needs to take rep more seriousLarryCoon needs to take rep more seriousLarryCoon needs to take rep more serious
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by GillbergReturns View Post
Champion v champion match really isn't that special anyways. Nothing is ever at stake, it's only about bragging rights and usually ends in some kind of interference.
No, but champion vs champion is similar to an allstar game where the two greatest (kayfabe) wrestlers right now perform and exhibition match against each other. This is supposed to be one of the greatest non-title match that is available for live television. And to Starbuck's point, Batista vs John Cena would be a whole different story in terms of the amount of ratings it would get.

And to the punk marks, not to take RockAE316's side but when you start to conjure up memes to celebrate a 210k viewership gain for a WWE Champion vs World Heavyweight Champion match, you really are only helping his argument.
LarryCoon is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:19 PM   #995 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,540
Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryCoon View Post
Why are people surprised or feel that it is an accomplishment for a WWE Champion vs World Heavyweight Champion to draw 210k viewers? Has the bar been set so low on Punk and Bryan? This is a match against (kayfabe) arguably the top two stars right now on WWE.
Nobody is saying that except their fans who can't accept reality, 200k for 10pm timeslot is a terrible gain like Meltzer said no matter what, it's not a WWE change, if you want to argue against it, you need to change the entire TV concept, And this shouldn't be a surprise because there was no drawing power in that segment.

Like I said, the only reason Orton lost because he was in the second quarter, Cena also lost there because it's stronger than the person, it's the show. the reason Orton is in random segments because he's a SD wrestler and gets his main timeslots there, When he comes back to RAW after the draft, you will see him in storylines and main slot every show because he's the second biggest full time star and name in the company.

When you put him in a storyline, he's a great TV draw like he proved in 2009 and even before that.
Rock316AE is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:38 PM   #996 (permalink)
Moron
 
Brave Nash's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Posts: 833
Brave Nash is in rep purgatory
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rock316AE View Post
Nobody is saying that except their fans who can't accept reality, 200k for 10pm timeslot is a terrible gain like Meltzer said no matter what, it's not a WWE change, if you want to argue against it, you need to change the entire TV concept, And this shouldn't be a surprise because there was no drawing power in that segment.

Like I said, the only reason Orton lost because he was in the second quarter, Cena also lost there because it's stronger than the person, it's the show. the reason Orton is in random segments because he's a SD wrestler and gets his main timeslots there, When he comes back to RAW after the draft, you will see him in storylines and main slot every show because he's the second biggest full time star and name in the company.

When you put him in a storyline, he's a great TV draw like he proved in 2009 and even before that.
So you give credit for orton when he draws and when Punk and DB gain viewers you don't. I see hmm!.
Yeah go look for more excuses, Orton can't draw its not just now it mostly always have been like this.
Yeah like when Punk had the best feud in 2009.. He proved that he's a draw.
Brave Nash is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:41 PM   #997 (permalink)
ROH here I come!
 
corfend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 1,552
corfend should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscorfend should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscorfend should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postscorfend should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brave Nash View Post
So you give credit for orton when he draws and when Punk and DB gain viewers you don't. I see hmm!.
Yeah go look for more excuses, Orton can't draw its not just now it mostly always have been like this.
Yeah like when Punk had the best feud in 2009.. He proved that he's a draw.
Orton didn't become a top guy until 2009, and he drew good ratings then. However, what matters is the here and now, and he hasn't been drawing well for quite some time.
corfend is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:49 PM   #998 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: Toronto.
Posts: 6,188
Wrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a pushWrestlinfan35 is getting a push
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

I'm not celebrating the fact that they gained 220k, because really that isn't relevant because what says more is the rating for the segment, 3.54 with 5 mil viewers. That's a good number. If the segments before it lost even more and Bryan/Punk brought back like 700k of the viewers but still had the same rating and viewership number, that would make no difference. The same amount of people would've still watched the match.
__________________





best.

Wrestlinfan35 is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:56 PM   #999 (permalink)
Best For Business
 
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 19,652
Starbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREWStarbuck is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wrestlinfan35 View Post
I'm not celebrating the fact that they gained 220k, because really that isn't relevant because what says more is the rating for the segment, 3.54 with 5 mil viewers. That's a good number. If the segments before it lost even more and Bryan/Punk brought back like 700k of the viewers but still had the same rating and viewership number, that would make no difference. The same amount of people would've still watched the match.
Of course it's relevant. How can you say it isn't? Whatever many people were already watching Raw without Punk/Bryan being on. Only an extra 200k viewers tuned in to see their match. Of course that's relevant. If the segments before had lost even more and then 700k viewers came back for Punk/Bryan, what does that say about Punk/Bryan? That 700k people couldn't be fucked watching whatever was on before them but came back when their match was on to see it. It's what has been the main problem with Raw's ratings for ages now. People are tuning in at the start, not giving a fuck, leaving and then coming back at the end to varying degrees depending on who's there and what's happening. Of course it's relevant.
__________________
Starbuck is offline  
Old 02-02-2012, 02:57 PM   #1000 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Rock316AE's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 9,540
Rock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselvesRock316AE has made a name for themselves
Default Re: **The Official Raw Ratings Thread** (Discuss Ratings In Here)

Yeah, but they were irrelevant to this 3.54 and a different segment there would have probably done much better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by corfend View Post
Orton didn't become a top guy until 2009, and he drew good ratings then. However, what matters is the here and now, and he hasn't been drawing well for quite some time.
He never got the opportunity to do it in quite some time, he was on SD and when he makes RAW shows, it's just a filler match in random time slot because of the "supershow" concept...
Rock316AE is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios