Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shield - Page 22 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 04-21-2014, 03:07 AM   #211 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
HoundsofJustice23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 92
HoundsofJustice23 is an after thought
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
Roman is solid in the ring because he works a slow deliberate pace
So slow that it's boring to a lot of people. It's almost like he purposely let's himself get beat until the end where he does his
little comeback.
Quote:
, nails his big three moves nicely that gets the crowd to pop
There is a reason I bolded 3 moves(Don't get pissed, it's a joke).

Quote:
, has great facial impressions during the match that help to sell himself and his opponent, also does a great job selling his opponents moves.
He's average in those aspects. I've seen a lot that are better including the 2 guys he's in a stable with. Not to mention, those 2 other guys have better psychology, more technicality, and better storytelling.

Quote:
Reigns is solid on the mic because he has a cocky swagger that comes across like a bigtime star. The recent promo on main event was a good example of it. It came through in the royal rumble promo as well.
"What's my name?"
*cheap pop*
"My name is Roman Reigns and I'm the one who speared you on Monday Night"

If you like that promo, more power to you. To me, that promo was terribly laughable. He should stick to being an @sskicker enforcer or whatever.

Quote:
Also, when he says things like "I'll break you in half" or "I'll se to it" it comes across as believeable.
I like it when he does that as it makes him sound like a ba. But... If someone's cutting one liner promos all the time, then he shouldn't even be bothered to be judged on the mic department, let alone be labeled as solid. BTW Dean and Seth are superior in that area and it's not even close.
__________________
HoundsofJustice23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 04-21-2014, 03:28 AM   #212 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 6,054
#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

I actually like Reigns but his marks a bit delusional. The guys is not good on the mic or in the ring. I don't think he's terrible but any objective person would tell you he's not good either. I'm honestly leaning towards less than mediocre for both departments. That said, I think he's improving and I don't see him as a Ryback. I think he'll pan out fine if they keep the Shield intact for at least another six months to a year. He's making strides but he's not ready yet. I do think he has a presence and charisma that will lend to him succeeding but he really needs to improve before we talk about a match with an all-time legend in HHH.
#Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:39 AM   #213 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
HoundsofJustice23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 92
HoundsofJustice23 is an after thought
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbp82 View Post
*If* the haters are right and he needs improvement in singles matches they've got to put him in singles matches.
House shows

Quote:
What do you want WWE to do with him? If they put him with Triple H the haters say he's not ready for thay level.
He's ready. Just not as deserving to be the 1st one to do so in the Shield.

Quote:
If they put him in the IC level you'll say he shouldn't be IC Champ Cesaro or Rollins should have the spot.
If you put him in the US level you'll scream Ambrose should win the feud.
They could have him switching in and out the main event.

Quote:
If you put him in the opening match you'll say he shouldn't be beating Sandow.
Neither of those guys deserve to be in that spot.

Quote:
If you put him on NXT you'll say he shouldn't be Adrian Neville.
I wouldn't mind any young talent getting the NXT title.

Quote:
If you put him at Mcdonalds flipping burgers you'd say he should be cleaning bathrooms.
It depends on how good an employee he is.

Quote:
Basically you don't want WWE to push a guy with great size, great look, great presance, solid in ring skills, and solid mic skills
Great look?
Great presence?
Solid in ring? average at best.
Solid mic skills?: I'm not even gonna judge him because all he can do is cut one-liners.

Quote:
because you're worried he'll overshadow your favorites.
Overshadow as in booking wise then yes. I don't know if he'll entertain me more than some of the guys I root for. Either way, what a strawman argument. That's an idiotic assumption a child would state tbh.
__________________
HoundsofJustice23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:39 AM   #214 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
p862011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,909
p862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uerfer View Post
Not everyone can be a main event star, get over it. Some are meant to be midcard, Ambrose seems like one of those guys.
^THIS it is the sad part of the business but marks got to just deal with it not everyone is gonna realize their dream of a maineventer or a wrestlemania main event for god sakes christian has been a mid carder for 15 years

rollins and ambrose are just not main event material especially ambrose
p862011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:43 AM   #215 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
HoundsofJustice23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 92
HoundsofJustice23 is an after thought
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uerfer View Post
This guy single-handedly every insecure mark in this thread.
Keep dreaming
__________________
HoundsofJustice23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:48 AM   #216 (permalink)
Respect My Pimphand..
 
THANOS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Toronto, Ontario, Canada
Posts: 8,591
THANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselvesTHANOS is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Quote:
Originally Posted by #Mark View Post
I actually like Reigns but his marks a bit delusional. The guys is not good on the mic or in the ring. I don't think he's terrible but any objective person would tell you he's not good either. I'm honestly leaning towards less than mediocre for both departments. That said, I think he's improving and I don't see him as a Ryback. I think he'll pan out fine if they keep the Shield intact for at least another six months to a year. He's making strides but he's not ready yet. I do think he has a presence and charisma that will lend to him succeeding but he really needs to improve before we talk about a match with an all-time legend in HHH.
Spot on as usual. I feel the exact same way. There's something about Reigns that I like, and I think the 3 or 4 moves he does are all exciting and awesome; but, he truly does need to improve tremendously before swimming with the great white sharks in singles action. Let him swim with the guppies first and work his way up slowly. First things first though, he needs to do at least 2 months of singles matches on house shows before working on his own on TV. First impressions are everything in this business, and if fans think he sucks in the ring and on the mic when he's a singles star initially, they'll tear his head off when/if he goes over more talented performers (which he will). The key with Reigns is off screen practice, and lots of it.
__________________
"Return to me again empty-handed, and I will bathe the starways in your blood."



Thanos is only beaten because he allows himself to be, and he only allows himself to be beaten because, in spite of his ambition to attain ultimate power, he sub-consciously knows that he's not worthy of it.
~ Adam Warlock

Last edited by THANOS : 04-21-2014 at 03:51 AM.
THANOS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 03:48 AM   #217 (permalink)
Learning to break kayfabe
 
HoundsofJustice23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Posts: 92
HoundsofJustice23 is an after thought
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Quote:
Originally Posted by p862011 View Post
^THIS it is the sad part of the business but marks got to just deal with it not everyone is gonna realize their dream of a maineventer or a wrestlemania main event for god sakes christian has been a mid carder for 15 years

rollins and ambrose are just not main event material especially ambrose
But y nowt Ambwose??? Jk
It's never bad to root for your fave or who you think are entertaining enough in certain aspects.
__________________

Last edited by HoundsofJustice23 : 04-21-2014 at 03:56 AM.
HoundsofJustice23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 04:00 AM   #218 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
p862011's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 5,909
p862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missedp862011 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundsofJustice23 View Post
But y nowt Ambwose??? Jk
It's never bad to root for your fave or who you think are entertaining enough in certain aspects.
lol i like him but he really needs to break from the shield more than reigns because he isn't able to show his true self under the gimmick

as of right now he will be just another guy
p862011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:24 AM   #219 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Australia
Posts: 410
JimCornette is an after thoughtJimCornette is an after thoughtJimCornette is an after thought
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Looks like Bryan is gonna have a Benoit/Punk type title reign, with HHH main-eventing the PPV's and overshadowing him.
JimCornette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2014, 05:31 AM   #220 (permalink)
Believe in Seth Rollins
 
Sith Rollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 18,683
Sith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Backstage news on WWE's main goal for doing a feud between Evolution and the Shie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoundsofJustice23 View Post
If you're talking about booking, then it was actually a huge part in getting Reigns over. I've been watching a lot of Shield matches in the WWE Network lately and the crowd didn't start siding with Reigns until Survivor Series. You know? That match where he was BOOKED to eliminate 4 people with a spearfest. Then on the build to TLC, they had him booked the strongest in the Shield. Remember when CM Punk cut that promo where he called Ambrose the weak link and Roman the one everybody's been looking at(obviously due to the Survivor Series record)? So now he got the Survivor Series record, what's next? This motherf#cker was then BOOKED to beat Kane's RR record and be in the final 2 of the Royal Rumble against Batista, a guy nobody wanted to win. Not to mention, they had Piper call the other 2 out for not beating Punk and guess what happened next? Pretty boy Reigns pins Punk. To add to that, they have been booking Ambrose like a complete wussy by not letting him cut as much promos, not letting him defend the title, literally calling him the "weak link", and when he does defend the title, he either beats jobbers or wins completely dirty. Meanwhile, Rollins has had the least accomplishments in the group. I'm not saying it's completely because of booking, I'm just saying that it isn't organic because I know darn well that nobody was chanting Roman Reigns before Survivor Series or the big push.
his booking is 100% the reason why he is so over. I've always said that the WWE has booked him perfectly because he lacks a lot.
Haven't even read most of this thread but like any Reigns thread I'm sure people posters detailed reasons why the other 2 guys are ready or what weaknesses he has only to get called a hater or Indy mark. Those seem to get tossed at anyone who isn't 100% behind Reigns.

Fan of all 3 or the Shield as a unit and I think it sucks that Seth and Dean who have been carrying the load could be left in midcard hell.
__________________

Sig by ChampviaDQ aka Da Graphics GAWD
Sith Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios