I prefer the Shield. All three members are potential, and should be, future main event players:
- Dean Ambrose: Ambrose has a rare eccentricity about him that is completely natural. He is not a typical "cookie cutter" wrestler; he is very unique. His ring work is great and his promo work is one of the best currently in the WWE.
- Seth Rollins: When I see someone say that Rollins reminds them of Jeff Hardy, I'm like: "what are you thinking!?" Rollins is far more impressive than Hardy. Rollins is not as talented as Ambrose on the mic, but he's far from horrible; I think he can hold his own. I think he's the best ring worker out of the three, and I love how he utilizes the ring in his moveset, e.g. the powerbomb into the turnbuckle or barricade.
- Roman Reigns: Reigns has a natural presence, intensity and charisma that I've not seen in a wrestler for a long time. I think he has "it". Not only that, I do think he is still a little "green", but he is constantly improving and I believe he could potentially become a great ring worker.
I think they are easily the best stable since Evolution. In comparison, the Wyatt Family seem to have been disappointing. Perhaps its related to how they have been booked, e.g. the Wyatt Family vs. Kane angle seems to have been suddenly dropped; maybe there is still to be a payoff regarding this angle, but I'm not holding out hope. However, I'll analyze each member of the stable:
- Bray Wyatt: Wyatt has all the tools to be a main event player: his promo work is excellent, he has natural presence and charisma, his character is immensely interesting, etc. However, the one facet that is lacking, particularly for a supposed main player in a stable, is his ring skill. He has impressive agility for a reasonable "big man", but I have yet to see anything that has truly impress me.
- Luke Harper: Easily the best ring worker of the three: his agility for a "big man" is fantastic and his moves look like they could legit. kill you. Furthermore, he also has a presence and charisma. However, I've yet to witness much of his mic work.
- Erick Rowan: Rowan doesn't really impress me. I like his ring attire and look. However, he still seems really "green" when it comes to ring work, and his charisma is lacking compared to the other two.
When comparing them, what needs to be accounted for is that the Shield have been around longer, so they've had more exposure and we've had more opportunities to become acquainted with them. So, there is still time for the Wyatt Family to develop and impress.
On that note, the Shield have been around one year and there are plenty of rumours and conversations regarding them splitting up. I think its too early for them to split. There is still so much potential for this stable and plenty of future interesting angles/rivalries that they could be involved in, e.g. I'm excited for this potential rivalry with CM Punk, I would love for them to eventually turn face and feud with the Authority, and moreover, I'd love to see a feud between them and the Wyatt Family.