Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns? - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 11-28-2013, 04:40 PM   #51 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drafting Class
Posts: 8,203
Mountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a push
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

That's the other thing about Roman Reigns, his armor really does do a number on people. Outside of the cool black SWAT gear, he is much less impressive and comparisons to Batista are crazy. How can he have the Batista look?






Batista eats this guy for protein. As does Ryback, who also has more personality, range and is a better worker by my esteem. If Ryback got the protective booking that Reigns has gotten and was eliminating 4/5ths of the SS teams, he'd be more over because looks more the part that they're giving Reigns and has more of a presence/charisma.

So, after he loses the armor and has to go one on one with someone like Ryback, what will Reigns really have? His "size", strength and badass look are his selling points right now and he honestly won't look like much more than a bigger jobber when facing someone like Ryback. For his sake, I hope they don't make that his selling point. Again, what does Reigns really have? I'll admit: he's a good looking guy, you can't teach that. I think the WWE Audience is something like 40% female now. Guys like Cena and Orton are proof that getting the girls going can go a very long way towards overall overness. Now, if I may be gay for a moment, I have to say that looking at NXT, Reigns will eventually lose that contest too.



Slate Randall (Shaun Ricker), like Langston, is a great speaker, reminiscent of the Rock. He's charismatic and He's also not much smaller than Reigns.

Then there's Mojo Rawley, who, at 6'3 and 311 lbs is bigger than Reigns, has already shown more personality, speaking skill and has a winning gimmick that the kids will love because it's basically the modern Ultimate Warrior.



So what's the point of my slightly homoerotic rant? My point is that for one, comparing him to Batista looks wise is silly and two, there isn't much to Reigns when he gets out on his own and out of that armor. His strengths are his look and size and there are guys coming up who will GREATLY challenge him in those departments. What's going to happen to him then? I'm not saying he might still prevail and have a lot of success, I'm saying that people need to chill with this face of the company shit. Because, again, he hasn't shown a whole lot yet, in reality. There are more balanced guys with a better combination of what it takes coming up and on the current roster right now even. So good luck to Roman, he will fucking need it..
Mountain Rushmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 11-28-2013, 04:44 PM   #52 (permalink)
Man up.
 
Superkick's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: Sandy Fork
Posts: 6,421
Superkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselvesSuperkick is making a name for themselves
Default

How does Ryback have more personality than Reigns?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
__________________

Avatar/Sig Credit: ABrown
Superkick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:07 PM   #53 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drafting Class
Posts: 8,203
Mountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a push
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodes_For_WHC View Post
How does Ryback have more personality than Reigns?

Sent from Verticalsports.com Free App
I like you, Rhodes, but come on. How can you be so against Ryback when it looks like you've skipped over everything he's ever done.





I don't think the Sheffield one is worth much, mostly due to him having to affect a southern accent, which is passable, but it's an example of him doing something...different.


Obviously this last one is a promo package made to make him look good but nevertheless, his personality is present in the way he wrestles, the mannerisms you get from the video and the way he interacts with the crowd towards the end. He never really says one word and it's more interesting than Reigns has been. I think he shouts "I....AM....".

I mean, either way, Reigns is the least interesting, so far, of WWE's bigger guys.
Mountain Rushmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:15 PM   #54 (permalink)
Wynter's Messy Glorious No Shame Bitch
 
SubZero3:16's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Behind God's Back
Posts: 5,495
SubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missedSubZero3:16 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boxes-With-Gods View Post
That's the other thing about Roman Reigns, his armor really does do a number on people. Outside of the cool black SWAT gear, he is much less impressive and comparisons to Batista are crazy. How can he have the Batista look?






Batista eats this guy for protein. As does Ryback, who also has more personality, range and is a better worker by my esteem. If Ryback got the protective booking that Reigns has gotten and was eliminating 4/5ths of the SS teams, he'd be more over because looks more the part that they're giving Reigns and has more of a presence/charisma.

So, after he loses the armor and has to go one on one with someone like Ryback, what will Reigns really have? His "size", strength and badass look are his selling points right now and he honestly won't look like much more than a bigger jobber when facing someone like Ryback. For his sake, I hope they don't make that his selling point. Again, what does Reigns really have? I'll admit: he's a good looking guy, you can't teach that. I think the WWE Audience is something like 40% female now. Guys like Cena and Orton are proof that getting the girls going can go a very long way towards overall overness. Now, if I may be gay for a moment, I have to say that looking at NXT, Reigns will eventually lose that contest too.



Slate Randall (Shaun Ricker), like Langston, is a great speaker, reminiscent of the Rock. He's charismatic and He's also not much smaller than Reigns.

Then there's Mojo Rawley, who, at 6'3 and 311 lbs is bigger than Reigns, has already shown more personality, speaking skill and has a winning gimmick that the kids will love because it's basically the modern Ultimate Warrior.



So what's the point of my slightly homoerotic rant? My point is that for one, comparing him to Batista looks wise is silly and two, there isn't much to Reigns when he gets out on his own and out of that armor. His strengths are his look and size and there are guys coming up who will GREATLY challenge him in those departments. What's going to happen to him then? I'm not saying he might still prevail and have a lot of success, I'm saying that people need to chill with this face of the company shit. Because, again, he hasn't shown a whole lot yet, in reality. There are more balanced guys with a better combination of what it takes coming up and on the current roster right now even. So good luck to Roman, he will fucking need it..
Dude, those pics of Reigns are about 2 years old. He's a lot bigger now.

Then


Now





If you can't see the definite size increase from then until now, then I really question your eyesight and how bias you really are.
__________________
We need footage of Dean in Cena's dressing room touching everything and Cena's standing there like
SubZero3:16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #55 (permalink)
Believe in Seth Rollins
 
Sith Rollins's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 18,303
Sith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREWSith Rollins is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

Those are pretty bad then and now pictures though. To bad he doesnt have a recent picture without the vest so you can compare.

He isn't that big imo, I was always confused why they called him the powerhouse when he is just alittle bit bigger than Dean.
__________________

Sig by ChampviaDQ aka Da Graphics GAWD
Sith Rollins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:27 PM   #56 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Drafting Class
Posts: 8,203
Mountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a pushMountain Rushmore is getting a push
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SubZero3:16 View Post
Dude, those pics of Reigns are about 2 years old. He's a lot bigger now.

Then


Now





If you can't see the definite size increase from then until now, then I really question your eyesight and how bias you really are.
There's a definite size increase, but still nothing to holler about and I can't really tell from those gifs. His vest makes his arms look bigger and disguises how thin his chest may (or may not) be when compared to actual powerhouses. He's billed at 280 lbs now, how big is he in the pictures I posted?

Regardless, everything I said pretty much stands still. If they're selling him on size and look, and he can't compete in the mic skills/charisma department, then he will have VERY stiff competition in a little bit of time.

Last edited by Mountain Rushmore : 11-28-2013 at 05:30 PM.
Mountain Rushmore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:28 PM   #57 (permalink)
Marking for Nattie's Husband
 
RAVEN's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: The Matrix
Posts: 8,057
RAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselvesRAVEN is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

Doesn't have to be that big. He's around Cena size but he's got amazing presence and physical charisma. Ryback just looks very awkward moving about in the ring and transitioning from one move to the next. Also, I don't really feel his taunts and all the other things he yells.

Reigns has him beat pretty soundly in those categories.
__________________



ROLLINS | PAIGE | LESNAR | ZAYN | AMBROSE
OKADA | SHIBATA | TANAHASHI | ISHII | IBUSHI


Reigning Heavyweight Champ of Wrestling Forum's official efed:Premier Wrestling Circuit (PWC)
RAVEN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:30 PM   #58 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Ungratefulness's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 1,773
Ungratefulness has DAT HEATUngratefulness has DAT HEATUngratefulness has DAT HEATUngratefulness has DAT HEAT
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

Gotta agree with the him not being that big for a WWE wrestler comments and the commentators calling him huge is weird. I remember the first time I saw him which was him in a match with Cena and my first thought was how all the shield's arms look like tooth picks in comparison to Cena's. His arms are also smaller than Sheamus's. But I do think he has a great look and IMO the best looking guy on the roster.
__________________
GOAT

Ungratefulness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:33 PM   #59 (permalink)
Asking SCOTT STEINER for Wrestling Advice
 
Goat Face Killer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Liverpool
Posts: 317
Goat Face Killer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsGoat Face Killer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsGoat Face Killer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 postsGoat Face Killer should be embarassed if they have more than 50 posts
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Natsuke View Post
Because he's a fucking badass, that's why he's hype.

The dude has a natural look of someone who wants to lick your ass. And shit, that roar.
You sure you're not seeing this through arse coated spectacles?
Goat Face Killer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2013, 05:40 PM   #60 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
sharkboy22's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 9,731
sharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a pushsharkboy22 is getting a push
Default Re: Can someone tell me the hype behind Reigns?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapdragon View Post
Be prepared to be called a Reigns hater and an indy mark.
Well, I was gonna call him that.

The thing is, Roman Reigns has displayed the most personality and presence out of all three members. But, you know, Rollins and Ambrose got dat right dere indy experience. I'm a fan of all 3 members but from day one I've always said Roman Reigns was gonna be the star.
__________________
sharkboy22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios