I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 02-05-2013, 08:10 PM   #61 (permalink)
Shooting the birds down from the trees
 
BULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salma Hayek.
Posts: 4,505
BULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselves
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walk-In View Post
No you, popcorn fart.
Walk-In, you look like what would happen if a lumberjack banged an oompa-Loompa.
__________________
BULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 02-05-2013, 08:12 PM   #62 (permalink)
SPICE/SWAG
 
swagger_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 21,800
swagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREWswagger_ROCKS is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

LOL Trent wasn't pushin numbers.
__________________

KARLA LOPEZ, THE HOTTEST MODEL/ACTRESS ALIVE. Sheamus, Swagger, Wade, Dixie, Cesaro, Sami, DB, RKO, Drew, Del Rio, Cody, Punk, AJ LEE / (STAY STRONG, JTG, AND DREW ) CHAMPviaDQ = Great GFX. GigiStar
swagger_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #63 (permalink)
THESE THOTS AIN'T LOYAL
 
scrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chatbox
Posts: 15,323
scrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLY View Post
Walk-In, you look like what would happen if a lumberjack banged an oompa-Loompa while eating a delicious processed desert or sugar filled unhealthy cerial. #OompaReesesPuffJackAss
fixed.
__________________

#BELLA&HOOPLA
scrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:13 PM   #64 (permalink)
Stealing the Show
 
Ziggler Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7,418
Ziggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselves
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuN™ View Post
Elaborate. Why would he need to do everything he's done lately?
And try to actually reason, not reply again and again "oh, he just sucks because I don't like him", give me something that proves what I posted in the OP wrong.
Give me facts, not opinions.


And this ain't about Punk. I'm a huge, huge Punk fan myself for the record.
Elimination chamber.....BROUGHT TO YOU BY A DWAYNE MOVIE


and you ask why rock needs to do what he's doing....what a fucking moron

Sent from my Galaxy Note 10.1
__________________


Avatar Mafia: Town Savior
2012 Technology Section Poster of the Year
Heroes of Newerth Mafia: Flawless Victory (MVP)
Ziggler Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #65 (permalink)
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
 
Riot's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 2,578
Riot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a pushRiot is getting a push
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuN™ View Post
You cannot be serious.

He made countless casuals watch again. Which leads to them also watching your favorites, whoever they may be, and keep watching the product even after Rock leaves.

Rock being back is not benefiting himself.

If more people watch the show for Rock, more people will also watch Ziggler, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, etc; whoever it may be perform.
More people watch them, they eventually get more fans.
They get more fans, they start getting more over and their popularity increases.
Their popularity increases, they start getting pushed.

The logic of "Rock being back is hurting the young stars" is dumb. If anything, he's helping them.
You say that with conviction like you have proof.

I tuned in last night to see the Rock. I saw the Rock in a two week old promo package. That's about it. Luckily I am more than a casual fan and stayed tuned in.

I can only think of a casual fan tuning in to see Rock and him not even making an appearance.
Riot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:18 PM   #66 (permalink)
bme
Getting over in the mid-card
 
bme's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 6,833
bme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new herebme better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

For me i just lmao at how a person can get mad over people not liking their favorite wrestler, promotion.
__________________
Quality Matches over Everything
Currently watching: NJPW, CMLL, AAA, Dragon Gate
bme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:24 PM   #67 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: May 2012
Posts: 3,007
GothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a pushGothicBohemian is getting a push
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

As far as ring work goes – that thing professional wrestlers are supposed to be pretty good at – er, yeah. Nothing special. And I never cared for his dopey catchphrases and never will. I get that he has fans, I'm just not one of them.

I mean, twinkie tits? Is that supposed to be better than the stuff Cena pulls out every time he gets near a mic?

I don't care why he's back. Maybe he loves wrestling, maybe he loves money, maybe he loves being roided up and on tv, maybe he loves the fact they let him sing in public. Whatever - I'm not bothered if he wants to hang around having his idea of a good time, but I also won't miss him when he's gone. If some folks tune in to see him that's great but most of those same folks are probably just going to leave again when he does. They're Rock fans more than anything else.
GothicBohemian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #68 (permalink)
The Sundance Kid
 
CamillePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Raised by wolves
Posts: 10,208
CamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

WF staff dropped the ball when they let Noyk back on the forum
CamillePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:27 PM   #69 (permalink)
No One You Know ©
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Somewhere in the Atlantic
Posts: 5,637
NoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselvesNoyK is making a name for themselves
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
exactly. the argument that he's good for business is fine. if someone works for the WWE or has a personal investment in their business then i can completely understand why someone would be so happy with his return. those arguing that it is bad for business are either trolling or ignorant.

those of us that want to be entertained and prefer substance and quality entertainment, with no investment in whether WWE pops a few 100k viewers or sells a few more PPVs, have perfectly legitimate gripes with the return of "The Roid".

i get why the WWE or let's say a television product would bring in a big star for RATINGZ, but as a fan of such a product and potential customer i have a right to be dissatisfied with the direction. if Breaking Bad decided to bring in Kim Kardashian for the second half of the final season just to pop a number at the expense of the quality then i'd be outraged.
Finally someone with an actual decent argument.


Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla
exactly. the argument that he's good for business is fine. if someone works for the WWE or has a personal investment in their business then i can completely understand why someone would be so happy with his return. those arguing that it is bad for business are either trolling or ignorant.
This is mainly what I was trying to reach.


One thing is disliking someone, another thing is just being completely biased and oblivious to facts. That being that Rock returning is very good for business. And I told the reason why, which no one yet proved me it was wrong.

Spoiler for .:
He made countless casuals watch again. Which leads to them also watching your favorites, whoever they may be, and keep watching the product even after Rock leaves.

Rock being back is not benefiting himself.

If more people watch the show for Rock, more people will also watch Ziggler, Cesaro, Daniel Bryan, etc; whoever it may be perform.
More people watch them, they eventually get more fans.
They get more fans, they start getting more over and their popularity increases.
Their popularity increases, they start getting pushed.

The logic of "Rock being back is hurting the young stars" is dumb. If anything, he's helping them.



Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla
i get why the WWE or let's say a television product would bring in a big star for RATINGZ, but as a fan of such a product and potential customer i have a right to be dissatisfied with the direction. if Breaking Bad decided to bring in Kim Kardashian for the second half of the final season just to pop a number at the expense of the quality then i'd be outraged.
I agree to an extent.

Call it a small sacrifice. It's not to me since I enjoy Rock, but everyone has the right to have their own likes and dislikes.

In your example, it would indeed be bad; in the final season. Because we wouldn't see anymore of it.

Now, if it was in a season in the mid of an entire series, it would be beneficial in a way. Even if the quality did rock bottom (no pun intended) a bit in some people's opinion, it brought a lot of new viewers in because of Kim Kardashian.
If it brought new viewers in, some of them might keep watching even after the show continued without Kim Kardashian, because they enjoyed the show itself.

Same thing goes for the Rock being back. WWE isn't going to end when he leaves, it will go on. And him being back brings a lot of his fans in, a lot of new viewers in, and while watching Rock, they will eventually watch other guys perform. And that will be beneficial for the younger and upcoming stars if they get more people watching them and eventually be a fan of them, they will gain more popularity.
And if that happens, they will be more successful, they'll get a push.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riot
I tuned in last night to see the Rock. I saw the Rock in a two week old promo package. That's about it. Luckily I am more than a casual fan and stayed tuned in.
And by tuning in to see the Rock, you got to see other wrestlers while at it. That's exactly where I'm getting, had he shown up or not.
__________________
---
★ "Life isn't about staying dry, it's about learning how to play in the rain." ★



Last edited by NoyK : 02-05-2013 at 08:30 PM.
NoyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 08:31 PM   #70 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,127
Coffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a pushCoffey is getting a push
Default Re: I'm sick of this sudden Rock hate

Quote:
Originally Posted by scrilla View Post
fixed.
Right now, trending on Twitter, VINTAGE Rock!

Coffey is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios