Stupid Posts Thread - Page 341 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2013, 01:50 PM   #3401 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Posts: 4,084
DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000DualShock 11501 - 12000
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

LOL @ some people thinking Lady Gaga is sexy and she is pushing the envelope. Says a lot about the current shitty generation and society.
Go watch some old stuff on YouTube what happened in the late nineties-early 2000s and compare it to this fake pathetic shit
__________________
June 23 1996 - October 5th 1999
The real Attitude Era

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/


DualShock is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #3402 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Our House In the Middle of the Street
Posts: 3,007
Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post


Ok, but still that isn't the majority.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
LOL @ some people thinking Lady Gaga is sexy and she is pushing the envelope. Says a lot about the current shitty generation and society.
Go watch some old stuff on YouTube what happened in the late nineties-early 2000s and compare it to this fake pathetic shit
Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
There are people in this generation who idolize Paris Hilton and Kim Kardashian. Anything is possible.
Ok...? There has always been people in every generation that followed stupid stuff and such. That doesn't mean the majority of people do.

And DS, you just seem miserable. You always seem to talk about this "shitty generation", get over yourself and stop living in the past.
__________________

All Hail the King
Striker is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:03 PM   #3403 (permalink)
Yelled at by SCOTT STEINER
 
Alden Heathcliffe's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Calgary
Posts: 1,507
Alden Heathcliffe 501 - 1000Alden Heathcliffe 501 - 1000Alden Heathcliffe 501 - 1000Alden Heathcliffe 501 - 1000Alden Heathcliffe 501 - 1000Alden Heathcliffe 501 - 1000
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
LOL @ some people thinking Lady Gaga is sexy and she is pushing the envelope. Says a lot about the current shitty generation and society.
Go watch some old stuff on YouTube what happened in the late nineties-early 2000s and compare it to this fake pathetic shit
Well said. Society has degraded and our tastes along with it.
__________________
Alden Heathcliffe is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:06 PM   #3404 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,677
blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
LOL @ some people thinking Lady Gaga is sexy and she is pushing the envelope. Says a lot about the current shitty generation and society.
Go watch some old stuff on YouTube what happened in the late nineties-early 2000s and compare it to this fake pathetic shit
She's not pushing jack shit when it comes to her music, but she's pushing the envelope as a mainstream pop performer and overall entertainer. If you can't see past the Watermelon hats and raw meat bodysuits then you're being a bit myopic. I'll take something different over the same cookie cutter shit anyday of the week, and there's no way you can tell me her music and music videos are awful for straight forward pop.
__________________
blarg_ is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:19 PM   #3405 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000kobra860 4501 - 5000
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
She's not pushing jack shit when it comes to her music, but she's pushing the envelope as a mainstream pop performer and overall entertainer. If you can't see past the Watermelon hats and raw meat bodysuits then you're being a bit myopic. I'll take something different over the same cookie cutter shit anyday of the week, and there's no way you can tell me her music and music videos are awful for straight forward pop.
There's nothing deep or artistic about her stunts. They're just for publicity. The hatching out of an egg stunt of course made sense because of the song she was going to do but things like the meat dress were done for attention.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels

kobra860 is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:28 PM   #3406 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,199
Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000Glass Shatters 6501 - 7000
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Striker View Post


Ok, but still that isn't the majority.
I never said it was. You said that the only reason people watched it was for the lulz. I rebuffed you with a fact that people idolize the cast members. You then changed your opinion to majority, which no one ever disagreed with. I posted a video to show you that people do idolize the cast members because you said you had never seen that, while again proving you wrong.

Stop being butthurt.
Glass Shatters is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:31 PM   #3407 (permalink)
Convicted avatar thief
 
Callisto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: ELEGANT DINNER PARTYYYY
Posts: 7,089
Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000Callisto 13501 - 14000
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alden Heathcliffe View Post
Well said. Society has degraded and our tastes along with it.
This fucking logic again.

Get out of that nostalgic bubble of your's and smell the roses.
__________________
Callisto is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #3408 (permalink)
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
Striker's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Our House In the Middle of the Street
Posts: 3,007
Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500Striker 4001 - 4500
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post
I never said it was. You said that the only reason people watched it was for the lulz. I rebuffed you with a fact that people idolize the cast members. You then changed your opinion to majority, which no one ever disagreed with. I posted a video to show you that people do idolize the cast members because you said you had never seen that, while again proving you wrong.

Stop being butthurt.
Seriously, what is wrong with you? You want to talk? I'm here if you need it, because you always seem so butt hurt and upset about everything. I'm not sure if you are upset and act hostile about everything or you want to seem cool. Either one, if you need a shoulder to cry on, I'll fly to your house right now. I'm here for you. You seem to act as if everything is some type of serious argument or something. Take a pill and stop being such an uptight prick.
__________________

All Hail the King
Striker is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:36 PM   #3409 (permalink)
Moron
 
Wig Splitter's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2002
Location: Sunset Sarsaparilla Town
Posts: 1,222
Wig Splitter wants to be bannedWig Splitter wants to be bannedWig Splitter wants to be bannedWig Splitter wants to be bannedWig Splitter wants to be bannedWig Splitter wants to be banned
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by blarg_ View Post
She's not pushing jack shit when it comes to her music, but she's pushing the envelope as a mainstream pop performer and overall entertainer. If you can't see past the Watermelon hats and raw meat bodysuits then you're being a bit myopic. I'll take something different over the same cookie cutter shit anyday of the week, and there's no way you can tell me her music and music videos are awful for straight forward pop.
It's pop music. It's awful by it's very nature.
Wig Splitter is offline  
Old 03-17-2013, 02:39 PM   #3410 (permalink)
Ayatollah of Moral turpitude
 
blarg_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: My giant Igloo with built-in Wi-Fi
Posts: 3,677
blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500blarg_ 8001 - 8500
Default Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
There's nothing deep or artistic about her stunts. They're just for publicity. The hatching out of an egg stunt of course made sense because of the song she was going to do but things like the meat dress were done for attention.
I wouldn't exactly go that far, there's symbolic meaning in her videos, and surrealism expression has been around for ages. Dali made great art out of it, Busby Berkeley started using it in motion pictures as far back as the 1920s. surrealist sculptor Matthew Barney is actually a huge influence on Gaga's videos. Check out his first Cremaster movie, the Bad Romance video is directly inspired by a scene in that. Surrealism is all about evoking an emotional response through visual abstractions. There probably is a deeper meaning behind the steak tartare costumes, but even if there wasn't, it's meant to get a reaction and it works. Marilyn Manson did the exact same thing. If Gaga had zero talent or charisma to pull it off then maybe you'd have a point that it doesn't belong, but she somehow manages to make all the elements mesh.

I also hear a lot that Gaga hides behind a team at work on every facet of her image, that's not true since she's hands on most of her work, including some the production of the actual music. She's talented, and she's found a nice balance in being different yet completely accessible to the general public. It's an art to find that kind of universal appeal, especially since most industry-fabricated pop acts have a short shelf life before fading into irrelevance.
__________________
blarg_ is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios