Stupid Posts Thread - Page 325 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #3241 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 07:53 PM
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,125
Points: 0
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLY View Post
I wish Lance Storm was a great in-ring worker like Big Dave
But no one is claiming that Batista is one of the best. That's the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Headliner View Post
Is Lance Storm among the greatest in ring wrestlers of all time? Yes.
Even if we're just looking at it strictly from the bell-to-bell portions of a match, which is what Headliner is talking about, Storm is still not in the conversation.
Coffey is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #3242 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 07:54 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,803
Points: 250
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

I would say Batista is a good worker. There's a difference between being a good worker and a good wrestler.

ACCOUNT CLOSED AS OF 3/26/2015
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline  
post #3243 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM
?
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 7,738
Points: 18
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 View Post
Dude has been making some terrible post lately. Didn't know he said that about Lawler, though. Fucking piece of shit.
He's always been a bad poster and has made some pretty shit threads in his time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 View Post
I don't know what people think about Sharkboy22, but he's come off as a shit stain to me for a while now. He's right up there with JIGKY. This dumbass doesn't know the difference between in ring work and the entertainment aspect of wrestling. I don't know why anyone ever pays attention to his posts.

Also, Dualshock mad because Storm is one of Russo's most vocal critics.
Sharkboy's an alright poster, but I find it hilarious that he's a sharkboy mark. One of the worst gimmicks of all time.

Nostalgia is offline  
post #3244 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 07:56 PM
Shooting the birds down from the trees
 
BULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salma Hayek.
Posts: 4,507
Points: 26
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coffey View Post
But no one is claiming that Batista is one of the best. That's the difference.
I'm just fucking with ya. I'm not even a big Lance Storm fan. I just look a bit like him. Apparently.

BULLY is offline  
post #3245 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM
My Name Is God (I Hate You)
 
Honey Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tits
Posts: 7,821
Points: 1,533
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Sharkboy does have a point regarding the fact that you need a personality to be a great wrestler, but I have seen his posts and he treats workrate as if it's a dirty word.
Honey Bucket is online now  
post #3246 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,803
Points: 250
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nostalgia View Post
He's always been a bad poster and has made some pretty shit threads in his time.
I just noticed him recently. I may have read some of his posts before but I just started to recognize him.

ACCOUNT CLOSED AS OF 3/26/2015
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline  
post #3247 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 08:04 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,803
Points: 250
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MIGHTY KRANG View Post
Sharkboy does have a point regarding the fact that you need a personality to be a great wrestler, but I have seen his posts and he treats workrate as if it's a dirty word.
I really don't see how anyone can argue this. Some of the best wrestlers could be described as uncharismatic. Benoit, Malenko, Bret and Owen Hart, AJ Styles, Bob Backlund, etc. I think some of you are confusing being a good wrestler with a good worker.

ACCOUNT CLOSED AS OF 3/26/2015
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline  
post #3248 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 08:07 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 4,704
Points: 0
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 View Post
Also, Dualshock mad because Storm is one of Russo's most vocal critics.
LOL that's like saying Obama is mad because someone in Norway doesn't like him. He doesn't care and it doesn't affect him.

And I'm not surprised that Storm is one of his strongest critics. A vanilla midget who wrestles irrelevant 20 minute matches and a guy who writes exciting TV with short matches and long segments doesn't get along.
But maybe Storm is mad that he never was WCW world champion like Russo
DualShock is offline  
post #3249 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 08:08 PM
My Name Is God (I Hate You)
 
Honey Bucket's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Tits
Posts: 7,821
Points: 1,533
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoseDRiveraTCR7 View Post
I really don't see how anyone can argue this. Some of the best wrestlers could be described as uncharismatic. Benoit, Malenko, Bret and Owen Hart, AJ Styles, Bob Backlund, etc. I think some of you are confusing being a good wrestler with a good worker.
I mean more about the storytelling and ring psychology of things rather than actual personality. All those guys you mentioned knew how to tell a story (well, most of them) but sometimes they would shun those credentials and put on a blistering wrestling display. The latter is what our good old friend sharky here treats with disdain as if it's illegal.
Honey Bucket is online now  
post #3250 of 9693 (permalink) Old 03-03-2013, 08:19 PM
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,803
Points: 250
                     
Re: Stupid Posts Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
LOL that's like saying Obama is mad because someone in Norway doesn't like him. He doesn't care and it doesn't affect him.

And I'm not surprised that Storm is one of his strongest critics. A vanilla midget who wrestles irrelevant 20 minute matches and a guy who writes exciting TV with short matches and long segments doesn't get along.
I'm sorry, but I don't buy that Storm's history of bashing Russo isn't going to cause you to develop a subconscious negative bias towards him.

Quote:
But maybe Storm is mad that he never was WCW world champion like Russo
LOL, this was actually funny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THE MIGHTY KRANG View Post
I mean more about the storytelling and ring psychology of things rather than actual personality. All those guys you mentioned knew how to tell a story (well, most of them) but sometimes they would shun those credentials and put on a blistering wrestling display. The latter is what our good old friend sharky here treats with disdain as if it's illegal.
1. Now you're just mixing up personality and charisma with storytelling and ring psychology.

2. There are a lot of not "great" wrestlers that knew storytelling and ring psychology. These traits aren't exclusive to guys who made it to the top.

3. I don't see how anyone can say Storm had poor storytelling abilities and ring psychology. His biggest problems was he was bland and didn't stand out.

ACCOUNT CLOSED AS OF 3/26/2015
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline  
Closed Thread

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome