Obama plan: Ban assault weapons - Page 8 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 01-16-2013, 11:31 AM   #71 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,754
Karma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Pretty sure he's trying to say that assault weapons of any kind have no use in the ownership of civilians therefore they should not be allowed to carry them.
Karma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 01-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #72 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggler Mark View Post
....so what you're saying here is i need to be a gun enthusiast to participate in a debate about assault weapons?
Are you really asking me if you have to have good knowledge of what you're debating about to be an actual contributor in a debate? That explains your posting history on this topic PERFECTLY.

Quote:
You clearly seem to be upset about the whole thing with Cat and Rants. I'm not even sure what that has to do with any of this. Typical ad hominem once someone has come along to refute your argument is what that looks like.
No, I'm not upset with it. I'm just telling you to stick with what you're good at: posting shit. You have not refuted anything. All you have said that they are more powerful than hunting rifles WITHOUT HAVING ANY EVIDENCE TO PROVE IT BECAUSE THERE IS NONE. IT IS A FACT THAT HUNTING RIFLES HAVE MORE POWER THAN "ASSAULT" RIFLES. YOU ARE A LIAR.

Quote:
Bro, you're defending the fact that assault weapons, weapons which do more than just HOLD MORE FUCKING AMMO, belong in the hands of civilians.
I'm not defending anything, don't play spin doctor my man. I'm just piping in with facts and have not given my personal opinion as to what should happen to this one time. You are misinterpreting my FACTS as a defense, which again, tells me all I need to know.

Quote:
You still have yet to answer why guns that are military/law-enforcement issued belong in the hands of civilians?
Did I say that they belong in the hands of civilians or are you just reading into things trying to create an argument (which you will lose) for yourself? Do you even know why the AR15 was adopted by the military? To allow more ammunition to be carried on the Soldier in the Vietnam war because the weapon and ammunition itself were lighter than what the opposition was carrying. The line of thinking was "More ammo, less power, more chances to field a deadly hit BY VIRTUE OF HAVING MORE AMMO. Less ammo, more power, less chances to field a deadly hit BY VIRTUE OF HAVING LESS AMMO.". Seriously, do some research on the power of "assault rifles" compared to "hunting rifles" and get back to me. This is your queue to bow out so you don't like completely ignorant.

Quote:
If you own an assault weapon, what do you use it for? Seriously, answer the question, stop attacking me as a poster, or get the fuck out of the thread if you dont know how to properly debate a point.
Again you confuse my facts with taking a side and creating a quicksand argument for yourself.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieska View Post
No they're not. They actually dopped by 9% in the last year as noted by the government
The statistic that you quoted was referring to total knife/sharp object offenses, which was not stabbing deaths as TehBrain clearly singled out and you quoted.

Last edited by Glass Shatters : 01-16-2013 at 12:01 PM.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:47 AM   #73 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
KatKayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 611
KatKayson KatKayson KatKayson KatKayson
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Should we ban cars too?
__________________
Not a valuable poster
KatKayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 11:48 AM   #74 (permalink)
Challenging SCOTT STEINER's authority
 
Karma101's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 4,754
Karma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missedKarma101 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by KatKayson View Post
Should we ban cars too?
No because they serve a purpose.
Karma101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:02 PM   #75 (permalink)
Stealing the Show
 
Ziggler Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7,426
Ziggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselvesZiggler Mark is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons



clearly there's no talking to conservative gun cunts without them thinking you're making shit up...
__________________


Avatar Mafia: Town Savior
2012 Technology Section Poster of the Year
Heroes of Newerth Mafia: Flawless Victory (MVP)
Ziggler Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:04 PM   #76 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Glass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a pushGlass Shatters is getting a push
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggler Mark View Post


clearly there's no talking to conservative gun cunts...
AKA: I talked out of my ass in referring to the supposed "power" of certain firearms and when called out on my ignorance, I refer to calling someone a cunt outside of Rants. Nice edit after I posted. Care to divulge where the power that you refer to lies or are you just going to keep saying it without providing any facts as to where this power is? AKA: MAKING STUFF UP

At least you took my advice and bowed out. You're smarter than I gave you credit for.

Last edited by Glass Shatters : 01-16-2013 at 12:06 PM.
Glass Shatters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:17 PM   #77 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
KatKayson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Posts: 611
KatKayson KatKayson KatKayson KatKayson
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karma101 View Post
No because they serve a purpose.
And guns don't?

Guns could be for sport, protection and hunting.


So lets say 10 people own Assault riffles,one decides to shoot up a school. So we ban Assault riffles. Now lets say 10 people drive a school bus. One decides to drive off a cliff we aren't goint to ban buses are we?
__________________
Not a valuable poster
KatKayson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:24 PM   #78 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Mithro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 565
Mithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friendsMithro needs to make some friends
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

The second amendment was set in place to defend against a tyrannical government taking over, the founding fathers would likely want us to be allowed to have better weaponry than we currently have.
__________________
Mithro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #79 (permalink)
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,596
reDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF BallotreDREDD made the HOF Ballot
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

when does the government qualify as tyrannical?

pretty sure the patriot act and the ability to detain civilians without trial is a pretty big example of tyranny

also, not a fan of the car argument. Cars are for transport, they happen to kill. Guns are for killing. Their job is to end lives.
__________________
reDREDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:29 PM   #80 (permalink)
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
HitMark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Posts: 897
HitMark has DAT HEATHitMark has DAT HEATHitMark has DAT HEAT
Default Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

People need to stop the cliched arguments.
"If you outlaw guns, only outlaws will have guns"
"If guns kill people, should we ban cars too"
"If the government takes away your guns, they are going to enslave you and kill you"
"Guns don't kill people, people kill people"
Huh, liberals"
"MUHrica"
"My gun is my freedom"
People should try to come up with something new. Also, life and decisions are based on catchy slogans and phrases. We hear these things time and again and it's getting tiresome, almost ineffective.

P.S my favourite of these is, (though not related to gun control)" It's adam and eve, not adam and steve".
Setup, pause and punchline republicans
__________________
HitMark is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios