Obama plan: Ban assault weapons - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #61 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:03 AM
Stealing the Show
 
Ziggler Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mithro View Post
The term assault weapons is really just a buzzword now, just used for political gain, because dumbasses don't even know what one is. They think assault=automatic.

I have a friend with a shotgun that has a pistol grip, that can carry more than 5 rounds, that's an assault weapon under current definitions.
i never said assault weapon = automatic weapon.

Actually, assault weapons to me, are anything past your standard pistol, shotgun, bolt-action rifle--so basically anything semi-auto and above. If you think you have a legitimate need to carry a fucking semi-automatic weapon, or anything more powerful than anything used for hunting, then there's a problem.

Is there a reason for a civilian to carry military/law-enforcement-grade weapons? If you want to fire one of those off, sign up for the military.
Ziggler Mark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #62 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:15 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggler Mark View Post
If you think you have a legitimate need to carry a fucking semi-automatic weapon, or anything more powerful than anything used for hunting, then there's a problem.

Do you really think that an AR15 or an AK47 is more powerful round for round than a bolt action hunting rifle? Who told you this? That couldn't be further from the truth. The only advantage to them is they hold more ammo. There is nothing about them that is "more powerful" than anything used for hunting.

Last edited by Glass Shatters; 01-16-2013 at 10:28 AM.
Glass Shatters is offline  
post #63 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:43 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: England
Posts: 10,366
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                   
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Obama should be banning all assault weapons completely not just for mental people
Kelly Kelly fan is offline  
post #64 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 10:49 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by TehBrain View Post
Stabbing deaths in the uk are at the highest point in history. Stabbing injuries are astronomical. That's coming from your own government's numbers.

ban Knives god damnit, I mean I understand needing a butter knife for your butter but damn.
No they're not. They actually dopped by 9% in the last year as noted by the government

Also we currently have rather strict laws on knives in the UK as seen here government again

Top 5 Currently:
KENTA
AJ Styles
Low Ki
El Generico
Alex Shelley
fergieska is offline  
post #65 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:14 AM
Stealing the Show
 
Ziggler Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glass Shatters View Post

Do you really think that an AR15 or an AK47 is more powerful round for round than a bolt action hunting rifle? Who told you this? That couldn't be further from the truth. The only advantage to them is they hold more ammo. There is nothing about them that is "more powerful" than anything used for hunting.
i said nothing about the power of the round. The fact that you are breaking the argument down to find a strawman in there somewhere is pathetic.

You, nor anyone else here in the FOR assault weapons crowd, have provided an answer why assault weapons are something that belong in the hands of civilians.
Ziggler Mark is offline  
post #66 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:16 AM
GOAT
 
BAD NEWS GOON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The bunker of liberty
Posts: 3,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Source: The government. Ok.

Lol @ knife regulations. Why not just ban cars since they kill people too?

BAD NEWS GOON is offline  
post #67 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:21 AM
Wheel Man for SCOTT STEINER
 
CoRyP2008's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Sioux Falls, South Dakota/Jasper, Minnesota
Posts: 3,194
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

The only real use for an assault weapon is to kill people so unless you're a member of the police or the military, there's no good reason why you should own one.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/xsigpic184699_6.gif.pagespeed.ic.Aeg7CquS2R.jpg
CoRyP2008 is offline  
post #68 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:23 AM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Posts: 840
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
           
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOON The Legend View Post
Source: The government. Ok.

Lol @ knife regulations. Why not just ban cars since they kill people too?
Considering the person I'm responding to cited the government without evidence I say it's more than sufficient to use what they have actually said as proof that he's lying.

Only specific knives are banned; the ones that are being weapons so your analogy is pretty flawed for the context.

Top 5 Currently:
KENTA
AJ Styles
Low Ki
El Generico
Alex Shelley
fergieska is offline  
post #69 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:24 AM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggler Mark View Post
i said nothing about the power of the round. The fact that you are breaking the argument down to find a strawman in there somewhere is pathetic.

You, nor anyone else here in the FOR assault weapons crowd, have provided an answer why assault weapons are something that belong in the hands of civilians.
Your ignorance shines through once more. Do yourself a favor and stick to posting shit in Rants and kissing Catalanotto's ass and stay out of firearm debates because you have no logical place in them. A firearm's power is determined by its ammunition which creates the velocity. You know, the basic scientific logic of force (the firing pin) x mass (THE SIZE AND WEIGHT OF THE ROUND IT FIRES) = acceleration? Common sense, dude.

If you can't explain where this "power" that you referred to lies, then excuse yourself from the argument. There is nothing strawman about it. Rather me informing you that you are lying to yourself in thinking that a black rifle is more powerful than a hunting one. The only thing straw here is you as you consistently throw out fallacies without any reasoning or evidence about firearm power. By the way, have I ever said we should be able to have them, or are you just talking out of your ass again?

Last edited by Glass Shatters; 01-16-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Glass Shatters is offline  
post #70 of 288 (permalink) Old 01-16-2013, 11:26 AM
Stealing the Show
 
Ziggler Mark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Brooklyn, NY
Posts: 7,429
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Obama plan: Ban assault weapons

....so what you're saying here is i need to be a gun enthusiast to participate in a debate about assault weapons?

You clearly seem to be upset about the whole thing with Cat and Rants. I'm not even sure what that has to do with any of this. Typical ad hominem once someone has come along to refute your argument is what that looks like.

Bro, you're defending the fact that assault weapons, weapons which do more than just HOLD MORE FUCKING AMMO, belong in the hands of civilians. You still have yet to answer why guns that are military/law-enforcement issued belong in the hands of civilians? If you own an assault weapon, what do you use it for? Seriously, answer the question, stop attacking me as a poster, or get the fuck out of the thread if you dont know how to properly debate a point.

Last edited by Ziggler Mark; 01-16-2013 at 11:29 AM.
Ziggler Mark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome