Just to clarify before you read this, I'm not religious myself. I'm not a Christian, or a Muslim or anything, but I DO believe in a higher power, so in a sense I do believe in God. I'm a spiritual person, but I don't let any belief systems stop me from free thought - although I am interested in all of them.
Is anyone else sick of atheist pricks being everywhere you go and spouting their adolescent worldview to everyone they meet?
I can pretty much tolerate every other type of person. Everyone has their annoying aspects, but they're not really bound to complete and utter stupidity (unless they happen to be atheists) by their religion. Yes, I said religion.
And I'm not really talking about people who don't believe in God, have no interest in God and that's that, because if you don't care about spirituality, religion, philosophy or the history of civilisation, then fine. Do what you wanna do, and all that.
But Atheists are just part of the new religious cult that is sweeping throughout the west. Of course, they are not a religion in the traditional sense, as how could they be? They don't believe in a deity. But the fact that they are completely religious in every other thing they do - and shove it down your throat - is what grinds my gears.
- They do have their own God, and their God's name is science. So in a sense, as they worship science, they worship themselves. Man is God, in the Atheist creed.
Now I'm not against science. I love science, how could you not? I probably read more about science and watch more science lectures than your average Atheist.. But to suggest that man is the be all and end all of the universe is utterly arrogant and completely stupid.
By ruling out God, you are negating the fact that 80-90% of the physical universe is imperceptible to humans. And that's a scientific fact. Ever heard of dark matter and dark energy? As you read this, dark matter is running through your body right now. Through this world and universe. But scientists call it "dark" matter, because we can not perceive it.
Also, do you know what the chances are that this universe and this world is perfect for the conditions for planets and life to be created? IIRC, they are something like 0.000001%. But of course, people argue the multi-verse theory (which has as little evidence as the proof of God, yet more advanced atheists cling to this).
Now just imagine how little we know about the universe. How can any human being say with such strong conviction that there is no spiritual realm? Of course, we can debate it. And gladly so, because blind faith in anything is stupid.. and this is why Atheists are so idiotic.
So why just reject spirituality and thousands of years of human wisdom out of one arrogant belief? We're lucky that we live in an age of relatively free thought. An age where the knowledge of the ancients is only a click of the mouse away on the internet.
Nontheless, I'm getting in a spiritual debate, rather than why atheists piss me off. Let me continue with what makes Atheism a religion in itself..
- They have their own holy books.. The God Delusion by Richard Dawkins, for example, or the Theory of Evolution (not that 99% of Atheists have even read any of these books).
- They have their own specially anointed figures, the leaders who preach their beliefs to them on their soapboxes for all to hear. Again, Dawkins comes to mind, as does Christopher Hitchens
- They claim only their belief system is right, just like most other religious systems do.
- They have congregations and meet-ups, where donations for their "humanist" programs are encouraged. Church, anyone?
- Despite the fact they supposedly don't believe in anything, they feel the need to shove that belief down everyone's throats at every opportunity they can. They criticize faith schools for not being objective and teaching free thought, yet complain if anyone suggests ideas that go against their general beliefs.
- Most Atheists happen to be younger people, as it's the latest fad. By shoving their views down everyone's throats, they're being purposefully disrespectful to their elders, which they seem to take great pride in doing.. That is something that I am not keen about.
- People use Atheism as a crutch to justify something about their lives to themselves, just as many people use religion as a crutch.
So as you can see, general atheists are very much in the mindset as religious folk, entrapped by a stupid belief system that promotes a meaningless existence and no sense of wonder or any reason to try and become a better person.
Spiritualists, such as myself, are more akin with the general scientific mindset, in that we are constantly challenging our ideals and enjoy discovering and reading about new theories. Though many scientists are irreligious, it doesn't mean they are not spiritual in their own sense.
Anyway, I'm not really a hateful person, nor do I get that pissed off by Atheists, but I'm just sick of seeing the general decline of human civilisation as it crumbles around us. Maybe if my words effect the heart of one person into becoming a better person then I will have done a good job.. As the old Jewish saying goes, iirc: Save one life, you save the entire world. .. or something like that.
(See, religion can be interesting, if you approach it with an open mind)