Atheists - Page 6 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2012, 10:35 AM   #51 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,396
truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Atheists

Here is my problem with "Agnostics". First, and foremost I have more respect for religious folks than I do "Agnostics" because at least the religious folks are sold on what they believe. I am atheist so I especially respect our view because we are sold on the idea that we feel is true to us. "Agnostics" on the other hand are the complete opposite. You neither claim one side over the other. You don't necessarily believe in a true deity, but reject Muhammad, Jesus, or any other prophet even with religious scriptures written about this "truth". You are still chasing this "truth" to life, and the meaning of our existence.

You are just playing it "safe" because you to live in fear of this "God" you are willing to admit "could be there", but won't except religions full blown texts that suggest what you already believe in, and that is the "truth". Don't get me wrong, is there "truth" in a more reasonable way in our everyday lives? Yes. It's true that "if" you break the law you "may" go to jail. There is truth to being alive, but in a much more practical, non-spiritual type of way. "Agnostics" are living in fear just like many other religious peoples. You all just can't admit it, so you stand in the middle, and point fingers at both sides be it atheist, or religious people.

I don't believe in science either. Science exist therefore I understand it. I went to public school like many others, and was taught science because it is real. I don't necessarily believe in anything because well, it makes no sense to me. What does believing in something actually do? If my son were to come up to me, and say "father do you believe I can score a goal tomorrow?". My rational answer is yes, but lets be honest here I'm not building a religious temple to pray so that my son will be certain that I believe his chances of scoring a goal next week are real. WTF?

Life is more meaningful than questioning where it came from. I came from my mothers womb, and I'm certain many other mammals came from their "mother's" womb as well. No, man isn't the know all answer to the Universe, we came from a single celled organism that took billions of years to evolve in to what we are today. By the way I learned that in science class. I'm certain there are many forms of life in the infinite universe that look nothing like humans at all, and are quite frankly more than likely to small to see with a naked eye because much of that life is like bacteria, or single cell organisms. There is no answer to life, just like there is no Santa Claus, Easter Bunny, Leprechauns, Unicorns, God, Satan, He-Man, Illuminati, Reptilian Races, Shape shifters, Shadow People, Leviathan, Zeus, so on, and so forth.

As much of an Atheist that I am I admire religions as much as I can easily despise them. I can't deny the fact that religion has done more individual good than bad. Those that think religion has done far worse are wrong. It's people that spoil ideas, or beliefs. Pages of any book should not make anyone do any one thing, or the other. People will always be their very own problem despite the Gods they have made up along the way. I have witnessed the good of religion around me. I know plenty of Christians who have cared for me when I was ill, given me jobs, supported me when I was grieving the loss of my father, and I just can't see how their belief in Jesus made them harmful to me.

Am I trying to convince people what I believe? No. I don't believe in anything really outside of the abilities of myself, whatever the fuck that means. You don't see Atheist want Sharia Law, or for that matter every law in the United States that stems from Anglo-Saxon Christian laws, or beliefs. I had a lawyer friend show me tons of laws, that are still in effect today, but are not enforced by law enforcement all over the United States. Many of those laws come directly from religious ideologies. Atheist aren't imposing laws on people, and people should at least respect that. We aren't fighting each other over presumed "holy land" either.

I don't care if society believes in Jesus, or Muhammad, or King David. What matters to me is that I don't. I'm not in fear of being judged, persecuted, or damned after I die. I don't believe in those things during this state of consciousness. Living in fear makes absolutely no sense to me. Forcing that fear upon yourself just doesn't work for me like it obviously does for others. I realize most people aren't basing their everyday tasks on whether, or not it's a sin, or if they should pray. At the same time when it comes down to it most people will kid themselves in to thinking that there is a price to pay for being bad once you are dead.

The problem with mankind is that as much as they want to believe in a truth, or at least think that there is this answer to "everything" they hardly realize what they are even asking? The truth to what? Define life. Are you talking your life specifically, humans in general, and life undiscovered? Lets be frank here, the only thing that should matter is what is apparent to your conscious mind. The odds are seemingly in favor that life ceases to exist. Meaning that we are all mortals conscious of ourselves, but not conscious of our immortal selves (many of you call it your soul).

We have no one creator, nor any specific purpose other than to be conscious of our "mortal" selves. If we evolved to know that we were immortal, there would be massive suicide, and no progress ever. People would just keep hitting the "reset" button. This is where religion has done society a favor, and has kept billions of you insane, and thus keeping society as a whole, immortally forever. Thank you Jesus, Muhammad, Allah, God, and other great deity that was not mentioned, my hats off to you all. You point out that Atheist worship science, but that hardly makes sense. One would think that's exactly what "Agnostics" like yourself actually "believe in", science. Science can prove the non-existence of God, the same way it can prove the existence of a creator. Unfortunately for you they have only proven God not to exist.

Last edited by truk83 : 12-04-2012 at 12:14 PM.
truk83 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-04-2012, 11:06 AM   #52 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo,Egypt
Posts: 6,163
Gandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth reading
Default Re: Atheists

So would you consider yourself a deist? Thats fine by me,I'd NEVER want to even bother telling you why I don't believe in a spiritual realm because there's no point in it.

I've said it before and I say it again,I am an atheist but I have no problems with religion itself as a concept however unfortunately the most popular religions today are nothing but disgusting cults that happen to be VERY dangerous beliefs that cause a shitload of problems.Anybody who thinks islam or christianity are "harmless beliefs" is beyond fucking ignorant.The reason atheists are so angry about religion is because people of those two faiths cause allot of problems and those problems only occur because of the simple fact that these people are only influenced by their idiotic cults.If islam or christianity didn't influence people to do shit thats harmful I would never even bother and tell christians and muslims why religion is bullshit.

Take Zoroastrianism,A persian religion still practiced by some Iranians today.When I speak to muslims I wish I could speak against islam infront of them "though I can't because that would almost be like social and sometimes actual suicide".However I know some Iranians back when I used to live in Kuwait,Many of which were Zoroastrians.I studided the religion of Zoroastrianism and to be honest I don't feel the need to even bother and tell them why their Persian little cult is not true since its completely fucking harmless.You see what I mean here? I don't know about all atheists,But I myself would not bother and tell someone their religion is fake unless their religion is actually harmful and vile like islam or christianity.

As for atheists being "stupid" for not believing in a spiritual realm,I can't say I myself believe in one.When I left islam I was an agnostic,Then after a year I just didn't think there was an afterlife or anything and became an atheist.There's no point in talking about the afterlife anyway since none of us will ever know shit about anything after we die.We have our religious books? I've never read Richard Dawkin's book and I've never been one of those atheists who worships science and I don't think science really is worshiped by anybody.Science is backed up by evidence,And when science is wrong scientists admit its wrong and rethink things unlike religion which is unchangeable to the point where it never rethinks its faults.Science is worth trusting,Religion is just mumbo jumbo made by people either lying for power or people wondering what life really is.

Also my family are muslim and I show them great respect for being my family,I already know most western teenagers are disrespectful little fucks so don't associate me with them.

And yes atheists are proud of a few bunch like Hitchens and Dawkins,And for good reason.Though we don't worship the guy,If you make a cartoon about Dawkins or insult him I won't get butthurt or destroy embassies like our nice little muslim population.

Yes some atheists are little fucking fuckwads,But not all atheists are the same.If you check youtube you'd see that idiotic atheists like Pat Condell are nothing like atheists like Coughlan666,Thats if you check the youtube atheist community.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic217556_8.gif

Georgie Porgie, pudding and pie,
Kissed the girls and made them cry;
When the boys came out to play,
Georgie Porgie ran away.

Gandhi is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:13 AM   #53 (permalink)
What lies in the furthest depths of one's memory?
 
Stax Classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The place where all are born and where all will return. A blue star.
Posts: 9,150
Stax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry i$emas View Post
Jesus Christ you're retarded.
You know you love me i$ey baby.
__________________

LET YOUR BRAIN BLEED

sig by champ
Stax Classic is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #54 (permalink)
Déesse de L'extase
 
Hayley Seydoux's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Electric Chapel.
Posts: 32,226
Hayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whoreHayley Seydoux is a rep whore
Default Re: Atheists

More people in this world would feel better if they were an Anarchist-Nihilist who lives life through existentialism.
__________________
A practical application of an abstract ideal.
Born of a dream to create a reality.
Hayley Seydoux is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:25 AM   #55 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Up
Posts: 408
Superior Quality Superior Quality Superior Quality Superior Quality Superior Quality Superior Quality Superior Quality
Default Re: Atheists

Op has a point when he said atheist force their views on everyone else but of course some christians/muslims do that as well. Everyone has their own beliefs and it's senseless to attack someone for his/her own belief.
Superior Quality is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 11:38 AM   #56 (permalink)
i$e
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
 
i$e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nottingham, UK.
Posts: 6,554
i$e i$e i$e i$e i$e i$e i$e i$e i$e i$e i$e
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior Quality View Post
Op has a point when he said atheist force their views on everyone else but of course some christians/muslims do that as well. Everyone has their own beliefs and it's senseless to attack someone for his/her own belief.


Posts like yours are the absolute worst.
__________________
www.notedmusic.co.uk / @notedmusicuk / www.facebook.com/notedmusicuk



my guide to cutting body fat effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/11891414-post2352.html
my guide to gaining lean mass effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/12277174-post2817.html
my music recommendation megapost - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/music/...-megapost.html

2 x Music Poster of the Year | 1 x 2011 People's Signature of the Year
i$e is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #57 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,375
Anark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superior Quality View Post
Op has a point when he said atheist force their views on everyone else but of course some christians/muslims do that as well. Everyone has their own beliefs and it's senseless to attack someone for his/her own belief.
To actually attack someone physically is stupid, yes, but to enlighten them as to the utter ridiculousness of their ignorant beliefs is not. It can be a lot of fun sometimes. I can spin Christians round in circles because I usually know more about their Bible than they do.

The only drawback is rarely do you meet people who can argue intelligently for big invisible fellas that live in the sky and made everything. I often find myself playing devil's advocate and arguing for the 'truth' of the Bible with my fellow atheists just so we can have a good debate.
__________________
Anark is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:04 PM   #58 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Posts: 4,215
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil Neville View Post
Please don't try to put it as we are talking about some random rogue individuals doing some moral wrongs that contradict the tenants of so overly positive organized religion. We are talking about about centuries of systematic, organized, and focused oppression, war and genocide stemming from the core authority structures of those religions and fueled and led as a joined effort by the very fundamental institutions of those religions
Of course we are talking about individuals or will you say that every Muslim is a terrorist full of hate against the Christianity and everything the western world stands for?
There is no religion in the world who says violence or hate is the answer.
How ironic when Atheists claim how they are smart because they research but prove on the same time how stupid and uninformed they are when it comes to their own religion before they converted to Atheism
__________________
June 23 1996 - October 5th 1999
The real Attitude Era

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/




DualShock is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:09 PM   #59 (permalink)
What lies in the furthest depths of one's memory?
 
Stax Classic's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2010
Location: The place where all are born and where all will return. A blue star.
Posts: 9,150
Stax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselvesStax Classic is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Atheists

Atheists being douches is more than 50% of them, it's not rogue individuals, it's the fucking majority. I'm not religious, I don't even believe in god, though I accept that we will never know if there is or isn't one, but atheists are fucking assholes. The fact that they have to attack belief systems different than their own, when the over whelming evidence is that their own is only fact with in their own fucking belief system, much like any religion and miracles or what have you, is laughable. There is no such thing as fact, just popular opinion.
__________________

LET YOUR BRAIN BLEED

sig by champ

Last edited by Stax Classic : 12-04-2012 at 12:12 PM.
Stax Classic is offline  
Old 12-04-2012, 12:16 PM   #60 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,375
Anark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
How ironic when Atheists claim how they are smart because they research but prove on the same time how stupid and uninformed they are when it comes to their own religion before they converted to Atheism
You don't convert to atheism, you just stop being a complete and utter fucking twat.

It's true that many can be arseholes about it, but it's similar to the way Froot on here cops a load of shite for his My Little Pony fetish.

Believe in something stupid, cop a load of shite.

It's a simple rule.
__________________
Anark is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios