Atheists - Page 28 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 04:23 PM   #271 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,429
Anark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Atheists

Aww, just admit you're trolling me. Please. I need closure on this. Life is going to be that little bit harder knowing an imbecile like you exists.

As for Jesus actually existing. I don't fucking know, I wasn't there. The people who wrote about him either got together and made him up, or he actually existed but WAS NOT the son of God because there is no God.

Burden of proof, Christian. Look it up.
__________________
Anark is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-05-2012, 04:36 PM   #272 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,642
truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Atheists

Atheism just doesn't reject God, it rejects Religions that adhere to a God, the same God we reject. Does that make sense yet? How many years did they write about Jesus, who were these men? So, you'll take their word that Jesus even exist even though real Atheists reject the notion that a man named Jesus who believed he was the son of God, born unto the Virgin Mary. Atheists don't believe such a person exist. Nor do they believe that Moses led the Jews out of slavery, there is no real historical evidence to suggests such an even occurred at all. This Earth has been flooded many times, and there is no way current cultures could accurately depict any "Great Flood" back then because no one would have survived. There was never a man named Noah who built a massive boat at the request of God. The idea is not plausible. Quit taking out ideas in order to suit yourself.

Don't give me this, "Well a man named Noah could have existed". Atheism rejects anything to do with, or in association with God. There is no creator. Nor was there a virgin Mary who gave birth to Jesus, with 3 Kings as witnesses. Nor, did this man Jesus ever exists. People were frustrated with being oppressed by the Romans who did not take a liking to non-Pagan Religions. Jews, and Christians were thought to be "Atheists" themselves by the Romans. However, that is probably way to much for you to handle so I will keep this simple. Christianity came from Judaism, and there was plenty of religious movements going on at that time involving the rise of Christianity, so it's no surprise one could come up with a story about some guy who is the son of God. It never happened. Jesus was never crucified, because he never happened. Not to mention most of what was written about Jesus came after he died 100 yrs later.

You can admit that Jesus exists, and still call yourself Atheist though. You have any clue as to how stupid that even sounds? Keep fooling yourself, and thinking that you are Atheist. Naturally you are just a fool with the notion that you know what you're talking about, but ironically enough you don't. Hence the reason you keep losing this debate. At this point this is no longer a debate, rather a lecture for you, from me. Have you even gotten, a paper, or pencil yet? Get with it kid, it's going to be a long ride.

Last edited by truk83 : 12-05-2012 at 04:38 PM.
truk83 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 04:54 PM   #273 (permalink)
Moron
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: “We are each our own devil, and we make this world our hell.”
Posts: 5,126
Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey Coffey
Default Re: Atheists

Coffey is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:28 PM   #274 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
#1Peep4ever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Posts: 6,358
#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends#1Peep4ever needs to make some friends
Default Re: Atheists

stop it already both of you cant convince the other
this is leading to nothing
__________________
#1Peep4ever is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 05:54 PM   #275 (permalink)
I'll never be lonesome again.
 
L-DOPA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: London, UK
Posts: 4,967
L-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a pushL-DOPA is getting a push
Default Re: Atheists



Just to add some light to this debate which I'm not really involved with but I watched this video and this fits in well with Anark/Truk's arguments.

Watch from 4:55 onwards.
__________________


I'm a Laura Stevenson guy
L-DOPA is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:33 PM   #276 (permalink)
GET MY BAGS
 
HeatWave's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: The Hall
Posts: 9,361
HeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a pushHeatWave is getting a push
Default Re: Atheists

What the heck is going on in here?
__________________


Twitter
HeatWave is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 06:44 PM   #277 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 6,540
Gandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth reading
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
Nah, this became boring. Gandhi already proved in this thread that he has no idea about the Bible just like he proved in the past that he has no idea about the Islam and obviously also no idea about Atheism because he thinks too much about hell that actually should not exist for him. It makes no sense to talk with him about that
He should stick to posts about necrophilia, at least he knows what he is talking about
Sure it became boring

You've done nothing but run away from everything I say simply because you can't reply for shit.What I proved is that everything you say is bullshit and you like a child won't admit you are wrong.I proved to you that Jesus supposedly agreed with the horrid rules of the Old Testament,I proved to you some religions do have violent horrid verses.You are like a kid who won't admit he's wrong,Grow the fuck up you sad excuse for a human being and be a man for once and admit you're wrong instead of making a fool out of yourself.

And and another thing,I've admitted that necrophilia is wrong because I was given good arguments by a certain user.You see I saw there was no point in denying that I was wrong,And unlike you when I know I'm wrong I admit it I don't act like a stupid kid like you.

You are a dishonest person and a coward,Its sad really seeing people older than myself be as stupid and childish as you are.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLY GRINCH View Post
I'm agnostic.

Problem?
No,Nobody should have a problem with somebody being an agnostic really.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
Nah, I decided to don't post in this thread anymore. A bunch of Atheist who use "God LOL LMFAO ROFL" stupid GIFs and 15y old girls talking on YouTube as their only arguments.
I suggest that you ignore this thread because nobody would admit anyway that you are right. You could post the best post in the world and you would get a "LOL stupid" response.
Don't bother, half of them are probably keyboard warriors who will go to church on sunday
You've decided not to post in this thread because you've been raped in it and shown to be an idiot.Nobody is going "OMG GOD LOL" but a few and the many who aren't posting things liek this are people you can't reply for shit to.Keep running away pal.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic217556_8.gif

Ulfric Stormcloak; not a racist, not a megalomaniac, not a savage, but a hero with heart & ambition.

All hail to Ulfric you are the High King
In your great honor we drink and we sing
We're the children of Skyrim and we fight all our lives
And when Sovngarde beckons everyone of us dies

We drink to our youth to the days come and gone
For the age of oppression is now nearly done

Gandhi is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 12:52 AM   #278 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,429
Anark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Question Re: Atheists

Early morning religious debates. Yay.

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
Atheism just doesn't reject God, it rejects Religions that adhere to a God, the same God we reject. Does that make sense yet?
The rejection of religion is a by-product of the rejection of the idea of God. Atheism itself is defined by nothing other than non-belief in God.

You have said several times that atheism is a way of a thinking, a set of beliefs. It’s not really, as it doesn’t define someone’s beliefs beyond them not having any in God.

You can be an atheist and also think modern science is a load of shite. You can be an atheist and also think evolution is nonsense. Yes, it doesn’t happen often and atheists are usually evolutionists but their ‘beliefs’ about what really did happen to create human life are separate from their assertion that it definitely wasn’t created by a God.

This can lead to multiple assumptions regarding religion and religious figures from the past, but ‘atheisim’ doesn’t itself reject the notion that there were historical figures who inspired the religious texts. It merely rejects any attempts to regard them as inspired by a real God.


Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
So, you'll take their word that Jesus even exist even though real Atheists reject the notion that a man named Jesus who believed he was the son of God, born unto the Virgin Mary. Atheists don't believe such a person exist. Nor do they believe that Moses led the Jews out of slavery, there is no real historical evidence to suggests such an even occurred at all.
Atheism has absolutely nothing to do with denying certain characters from history did or did not exist. It merely rejects any suggestion that they had anything to do with a God.

Yes, it’s true that most activist atheists will reject the actual existence of Jesus, but it is not technically covered by their atheism as atheism doesn’t dictate whether there was a man called Jesus who convinced people he was magical, only that there is no God. It’s happened in modern times with people like Charles Manson, only it worked liked a dream in the first century but ends in a bloodbath in the 20th.

If you disagree with that, then fine, but we’ll have to agree to disagree because I’m right and you’re wrong.


Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
There was never a man named Noah who built a massive boat at the request of God. The idea is not plausible. Quit taking out ideas in order to suit yourself.
I already said that. You’re arguing my points for me now. I just said there could possibly have been a man called Noah who lived through a great flooding of the earth. Of course he didn’t build a massive boat and all that crap, I covered this a couple of posts ago. My only point about it is that atheism only denies that he did all the God business. Of course, denying God pretty much takes away everything that makes Noah an important Biblical figure, but atheism itself isn’t concerned with that, only that God doesn’t exist.

Atheism’s remit ends with the acceptance that God doesn’t exist and does not speculate about anything else.


Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
Don't give me this, "Well a man named Noah could have existed". Atheism rejects anything to do with, or in association with God.
I have a cousin called Noah in Ireland (no joke), therefore it is perfectly possible for someone called Noah to have existed. Of course he didn’t build a giant boat at the behest of a God, but that doesn’t mean there wasn’t once a bloke called Noah.

That’s really fucking simple to understand, surely?


Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
Christianity came from Judaism, and there was plenty of religious movements going on at that time involving the rise of Christianity, so it's no surprise one could come up with a story about some guy who is the son of God. It never happened. Jesus was never crucified, because he never happened.
You’re suggesting that the New Testament accounts of Jesus are completely made up (as opposed to written in genuine belief despite being untrue, like a Charles Manson worshipper writing about his magical powers when really he was a nutjob).

That’s fine, and for the most part I agree, my only point is that ‘atheism’ doesn’t actually go on to cover this, it only states there is no God and then stops stating anything.


Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
You can admit that Jesus exists, and still call yourself Atheist though. You have any clue as to how stupid that even sounds?
I didn’t admit he exists, I just admitted that I don’t know for certain if there was a charismatic man who ‘inspired’ people to write things about him. I have only stated that I do not believe he was the son of God, if there was such a man. I don’t believe he performed miracles or came back from the dead, but that doesn’t rule out a source material for the embellished stories of the Bible.


Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
Keep fooling yourself, and thinking that you are Atheist. Naturally you are just a fool with the notion that you know what you're talking about, but ironically enough you don't.
You want all these other things to be covered by it, but the very definition of atheism covers nothing but the rejection of the existence of a God. Yes, you can follow on and make all sorts of assumptions from that, but they are not technically covered by atheism itself.

Atheism is a singular concept. There is no God. You have proven this yourself with your googled quotes about the definition of the words atheism and belief.
__________________
Anark is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 01:04 AM   #279 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,429
Anark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Atheists

To clarify the 'Jesus might have existed but wasn't magical' statement, I mean this in the same way that there might have been real men who inspired the legends of Achilles or Odysseus. It doesn't mean the things Homer and other poets said they did actually happened, but that there might have been a source material that inspired the stories that followed.

Like in Braveheart when Wallace takes the piss out of his own legend when he pep talks his army. "Aye, and I heard I'm seven feet tall and can breathe fire!"
__________________
Anark is offline  
Old 12-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #280 (permalink)
how mad are you tho for real
 
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: Fife, Scotland
Posts: 3,414
MINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselvesMINGE is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreBaker View Post
Well, it looks like we might get a 'winter of Anark' after all.

I didn't realise that Froot actually believed that the Ponys really existed. I'm being sarcastic
Wishful thinking

Also, my only valuable input in this thread was posted on the first/second page.

<3 Redditors <3
__________________
MINGE is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios