Atheists - Page 17 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Closed Thread

Old 12-05-2012, 10:27 AM   #161 (permalink)
i$e
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
 
i$e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nottingham, UK.
Posts: 6,556
i$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Atheists

Nope.

Next time, do some research before you make a fool of yourself. At least learn the basic principles and definitions of the topic at hand. The internet now has records of your ignorance; don't take up any more bandwidth.
__________________
www.notedmusic.co.uk / @notedmusicuk / www.facebook.com/notedmusicuk



my guide to cutting body fat effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/11891414-post2352.html
my guide to gaining lean mass effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/12277174-post2817.html
my music recommendation megapost - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/music/...-megapost.html

2 x Music Poster of the Year | 1 x 2011 People's Signature of the Year
i$e is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 12-05-2012, 10:30 AM   #162 (permalink)
Oxi
BANKS
 
Oxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,553
Oxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Atheists

Atheism is the absence of (religious) belief.

Therefore...
I'll let you work that out yourselves guys.
Oxi is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:31 AM   #163 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,419
Anark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mclovin it View Post
Don't shove your beliefs in people faces. Let them believe what they want to. Goes for atheists as well.
YOU'RE ON A FUCKING DISCUSSION FORUM. You came here to post your opinions about stuff and to read other people's opinions about stuff. There's no getting in anyone's face.

All these threads get started by either a disgruntled Christian who got their arse handed to them in a real life debate by someone with actual knowledge about stuff rather than a floaty idea about something or other that they can't really explain, and come here to sound off, or an angry atheist who has lost patience with the glassy-eyed, willful stupidity of the religionists in their life.

Either way, many people are passionate about the subject and no one is getting in anyone's face. If you don't like reading other people's opinions, joining a forum is about as intelligent as thinking that the darkest, blackest African and the pastiest, red-haired Irishman come from the same great-x1000-grandparents (unless any Adam and Eve believers want to bring genetic mutation into it, which you really fucking don't).


Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
lol. Another flash of your intelligence once again you only prove me right as to how ignorant you are. Atheism is the "belief" in no God. It can easily be classified as a way of thinking, or maintaining moral, or ethical structure without having to rely on any obvious "God" having religion. Get a hold of yourself, you're giving Atheist a really bad name. You are more of the reason the "op" started this thread. It's because of ignorant people like you who are giving Atheists all over the world a bad name. Go have tea, and crumpets, and take your ignorance elsewhere.
You can twist words this way and that, but the subject matter revolves around the belief or not in a God. Believe in God, you're a theist. No belief in God, you're an atheist.

Atheism = no belief, therefore atheism is not a belief. It is the absence of a particular belief. It is a reaction, not an action. Theism is the action.

Theism is belief. Atheism is not. The word and meaning are directly related to the lack of belief of a God.

Twist the words all you want, but it's a waste of time.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxitron View Post
"Hurr I'm an Atheist and that person is religious in some way. Instantly I feel the need to tell them they're wrong with no proof other than saying they have no proof."

Typical Atheist
and I'm not even religious.
How many atheists do you actually know? I guarantee you it is a thousand times more than you think.

Just because a few make a big, ugly noise, doesn't mean that a large percentage of them are making that same noise.

The vast, vast majority of atheists don't say a fucking word to anyone about the fact that they know the big invisible dude who lives in the sky doesn't exist.
__________________
Anark is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:34 AM   #164 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,569
truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by merry i$emas View Post
Nope.

Next time, do some research before you make a fool of yourself. At least learn the basic principles and definitions of the topic at hand. The internet now has records of your ignorance; don't take up any more bandwidth.
Figures. Couldn't expect anything less from you. Atheism isn't a belief? Atheism is the belief of there being no God. That is the definition of Atheism. How can you claim that it's not a belief, or a way of thinking? You my friend are a fool.
truk83 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #165 (permalink)
i$e
FUCK WHAT YOU THINK
 
i$e's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Nottingham, UK.
Posts: 6,556
i$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabsi$e is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
Atheism is the belief of there being no God. That is the definition of Atheism.
No it isn't.

You're wrong on even the most basic of levels. It'll take you 30 seconds to work out why, even with your tiny little mind.

Or you could read Anark's posts because he gets it.
__________________
www.notedmusic.co.uk / @notedmusicuk / www.facebook.com/notedmusicuk



my guide to cutting body fat effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/11891414-post2352.html
my guide to gaining lean mass effectively - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/12277174-post2817.html
my music recommendation megapost - http://www.wrestlingforum.com/music/...-megapost.html

2 x Music Poster of the Year | 1 x 2011 People's Signature of the Year
i$e is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #166 (permalink)
Oxi
BANKS
 
Oxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,553
Oxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anark View Post
How many atheists do you actually know? I guarantee you it is a thousand times more than you think.

Just because a few make a big, ugly noise, doesn't mean that a large percentage of them are making that same noise.
Me? Personally everyone I can call an acquaintance is atheist or agnostic.

But no, you're right. I should've said "typical atheist in an online 'debate' about religion". That would've been much more correct.

Quote:
The vast, vast majority of atheists don't say a fucking word to anyone about the fact that they know the big invisible dude who lives in the sky doesn't exist.
No one knows if any god is real.
Just like no one knows if any god is not real.
Oxi is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:36 AM   #167 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,419
Anark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by truk83 View Post
Figures. Couldn't expect anything less from you. Atheism isn't a belief? Atheism is the belief of there being no God. That is the definition of Atheism. How can you claim that it's not a belief, or a way of thinking? You my friend are a fool.
For fuck's sake. Way to derail the thread.

Atheism is the lack of belief. Ah, do you know what, I really can't be fucking bothered.

Gonna go and smash my face into a brick instead.
__________________
Anark is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:38 AM   #168 (permalink)
________________
 
Anark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,419
Anark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREWAnark is new to the CHATBOX CREW
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxitron View Post
No one knows if any god is real.
Just like no one knows if any god is not real.
If I say there are fairies living at the end of my garden, but I don't prove it, are you correct to say that there is a possibility that fairies live at the end of my garden?

No. Because you know damn well that fairies do not exist.

The onus of proof is on the claimant of the outrageous claim.
__________________
Anark is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:39 AM   #169 (permalink)
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Posts: 6,569
truk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new heretruk83 better hope they're relatively new here
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anark View Post
YOU'RE ON A FUCKING DISCUSSION FORUM. You came here to post your opinions about stuff and to read other people's opinions about stuff. There's no getting in anyone's face.

All these threads get started by either a disgruntled Christian who got their arse handed to them in a real life debate by someone with actual knowledge about stuff rather than a floaty idea about something or other that they can't really explain, and come here to sound off, or an angry atheist who has lost patience with the glassy-eyed, willful stupidity of the religionists in their life.

Either way, many people are passionate about the subject and no one is getting in anyone's face. If you don't like reading other people's opinions, joining a forum is about as intelligent as thinking that the darkest, blackest African and the pastiest, red-haired Irishman come from the same great-x1000-grandparents (unless any Adam and Eve believers want to bring genetic mutation into it, which you really fucking don't).




You can twist words this way and that, but the subject matter revolves around the belief or not in a God. Believe in God, you're a theist. No belief in God, you're an atheist.

Atheism = no belief, therefore atheism is not a belief. It is the absence of a particular belief. It is a reaction, not an action. Theism is the action.

Theism is belief. Atheism is not. The word and meaning are directly related to the lack of belief of a God.

Twist the words all you want, but it's a waste of time.




How many atheists do you actually know? I guarantee you it is a thousand times more than you think.

Just because a few make a big, ugly noise, doesn't mean that a large percentage of them are making that same noise.

The vast, vast majority of atheists don't say a fucking word to anyone about the fact that they know the big invisible dude who lives in the sky doesn't exist.

I am not twisting anything around. I am going by logic. Atheist don't believe in God, but they have principles, and morals that they go by which they believe to be the right way to living a healthy lifestyle. Being Atheists says that you don't have to believe in God in order to have principles, and morals. Principles, and morals are personal beliefs, or ideologies. Being Atheist requires a certain mindset, or a set of beliefs. I "BELIEVE" that there is no GOD. That easy enough to understand?
truk83 is offline  
Old 12-05-2012, 10:42 AM   #170 (permalink)
Oxi
BANKS
 
Oxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 9,553
Oxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Atheists

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anark View Post
Atheism is the lack of belief. Ah, do you know what, I really can't be fucking bothered.
When did you become a serious poster anyway?

Eh, but the question is what is a lack of belief? A belief?
Never mind that, you explained it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anark View Post
If I say there are fairies living at the end of my garden, but I don't prove it, are you correct to say that there is a possibility that fairies live at the end of my garden?

No. Because you know damn well that fairies do not exist.
Completely different story. You're saying that something exists in your backyard.

Considering there's no way to prove or disprove the existence of SOME versions of "heaven" and "God", you can't seriously think that "There is no God" is a true statement.

Last edited by Oxi : 12-05-2012 at 10:44 AM.
Oxi is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios