People that judges grammar? - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:05 PM Thread Starter
HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
People that judges grammar?(yes Judge is spell wrong on purpose) now stfu

Why do people think they so perfect all the time? and what makes people think they better than you with things, and does anyone hate being judged? Like what you do, how you act and so forth.. my case is i do not spell the best online... i can not help this though, i was born with a learning disability which makes it a hard sometimes to spell with good grammar i do not try to have bad grammar i just try to chat like everyone else does, does these people that judge your grammar think of this at all, or is half the internet forums just fucktards?

So i decided to open a topic about this, and thought i would get a discussion going as of why people judge grammar.

I do not come on forums to be judged for way i type and talk online, i come online to participate and to have fun..



Last edited by jeremystcyr; 11-05-2012 at 04:13 PM.
jeremystcyr is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:08 PM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 6,723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: People that judges grammar?

When people call you an idiot by going "your an idiot" it just looks lulz.

....And anybody who types "you're" when they actually mean "your" deserves to burn in hell for all eternity.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic217556_8.gif

Ulfric Stormcloak; not a racist, not a megalomaniac, not a savage, but a hero with heart & ambition.

All hail to Ulfric you are the High King
In your great honor we drink and we sing
We're the children of Skyrim and we fight all our lives
And when Sovngarde beckons everyone of us dies

We drink to our youth to the days come and gone
For the age of oppression is now nearly done

Gandhi is offline  
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:11 PM Thread Starter
HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: People that judges grammar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
When people call you an idiot by going "your an idiot" it just looks lulz.

....And anybody who types "you're" when they actually mean "your" deserves to burn in hell for all eternity.

and you my friend is a idiot for saying this.. when a mod sees this topic.. can you move this to the rant forum.. i believe this is where i think it should go.


jeremystcyr is offline  
post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:11 PM
Getting ignored by SCOTT STEINER
 
JaredStyles96's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: The Ultimate X structure
Posts: 596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
     
Re: People that judges grammar?

A lot of the time people have no reply in a debate so pick on the tiny things to appear as the smarter guy. Spelling mistakes bug me but I have no urge to pick out flaws in speech and correct them.


Sig credit to: Praetorian Guard.

Favourite Five

1. AJ Styles.
2. Austin Aries.
3. Christopher Daniels.
4. Bobby Roode.
5. Bully Ray.
JaredStyles96 is offline  
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:13 PM Thread Starter
HBK is the best damn Wrestler ever!
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 861
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
             
Re: People that judges grammar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaredStyles96 View Post
A lot of the time people have no reply in a debate so pick on the tiny things to appear as the smarter guy. Spelling mistakes bug me but I have no urge to pick out flaws in speech and correct them.



I wish a lot of people were more like you.. nice reply bro.


jeremystcyr is offline  
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:16 PM
Greatness Personified
 
Morningstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 1,175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
         
Re: People that judges grammar?

Yeah, it is kinda annoying. Sometimes people just like typing fast, which is ok for me as long as the post is understandable since this is just a forum, not a job application.



Last edited by Morningstar; 11-04-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Morningstar is offline  
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:17 PM
Getting over in the mid-card
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 6,723
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
                     
Re: People that judges grammar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremystcyr View Post
and you my friend is a idiot for saying this.. when a mod sees this topic.. can you move this to the rant forum.. i believe this is where i think it should go.
Whatever you say.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic217556_8.gif

Ulfric Stormcloak; not a racist, not a megalomaniac, not a savage, but a hero with heart & ambition.

All hail to Ulfric you are the High King
In your great honor we drink and we sing
We're the children of Skyrim and we fight all our lives
And when Sovngarde beckons everyone of us dies

We drink to our youth to the days come and gone
For the age of oppression is now nearly done

Gandhi is offline  
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:18 PM
Shooting the birds down from the trees
 
BULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salma Hayek.
Posts: 4,503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: People that judges grammar?

I don't see anything wrong with politely correcting someone's spelling and grammar. It's the only way people learn.

I guess your situation is slightly different because you've admitted to having a learning disability but I don't see anything wrong in constructive criticism. Providing the person in question is capable of not taking it personally and the other party isn't being too much of a dick about it.

BULLY is offline  
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:20 PM
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
Dunk20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Up your...
Posts: 1,474
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: People that judges grammar?

I get corrected all the time, and although it annoys me because it's used as a weapon to win discussions it's actually a good thing for people like me who doesn't speak english as my mothertongue. So I can actually learn from my mystakes everytime someone corrects me.

It's a good thing, at least in my case.



number one fan
Dunk20 is offline  
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 11-04-2012, 07:21 PM
GOAT
 
BAD NEWS GOON's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: The bunker of liberty
Posts: 3,185
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: People that judges grammar?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremystcyr View Post
Why do people think they so perfect all the time? and what makes people think they better than you with things, and does anyone hate being judged? Like what you do, how you act and so forth.. my case is i do not spell the best online... i can not help this though, i was born with a learning disability which makes it a hard sometimes to spell with good grammar i do not try to have bad grammar i just try to chat like everyone else does, does these people that judge your grammar think of this at all, or is half the internet forums just fucktards?

So i decided to open a topic about this, and thought i would get a discussion going as of why people judge grammar.

I do not come on forums to be judged for way i type and talk online, i come online to participate and to have fun..
dnt let da haterz get 2 yu my dawg. just do u n' flourish.

BAD NEWS GOON is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome