Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded. - Page 3 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-19-2012, 12:02 PM   #21 (permalink)
Turn Out The Lights
 
Rush's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: It's a ruse
Posts: 18,225
Rush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep WeekendRush was probably here for Unlimited Rep Weekend
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

Its like anything, there is nothing wrong with being proud of being Australian (in my case) or even just merely liking the country, culture etc however some people take it too extremes which is a bit ridiculous. Like there are many 'proud australians' who think all foreigners should fuck off back to where they came from and that this is our country etc which is a moronic view especially as we were founded a couple hundred years back by people arriving on boats who then brought their convicts over to build shit.

However, there is a distinction between that attitude that all immigrants should fuck off and the attitude that anyone who dislikes Australia, and our way off life to fuck off out of the country. To use a recent example, muslims in an anti-USA riot in Australia over an American video. Those cunts can get the fuck out. Hate westeners/christians/australians etc then why live here?
__________________

Rush is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-19-2012, 12:18 PM   #22 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Romania
Posts: 766
SheamusO'Shaunessy SheamusO'Shaunessy SheamusO'Shaunessy
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

It's hard to be patriotic in Romania.
Everyone hates Romania.
SheamusO'Shaunessy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:23 PM   #23 (permalink)
Creature of the Night
 
Davy Jones's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2007
Location: Death Valley
Posts: 2,837
Davy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a pushDavy Jones is getting a push
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

I disagree. I feel very fortunate to have been born in Canada. It's a great country and I'm happy/proud to be a citizen.
__________________

...still down with the devil.
Davy Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 12:24 PM   #24 (permalink)
I put the "W" in WWE!
 
cesaro_ROCKS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 10,162
cesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselvescesaro_ROCKS has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.



You didn't say any reason for people to not feel patriotic. Just because some fucking idiot who makes a rant on WF seems to think being patriotic is dumb, doesn't mean it is. Coming from an Egyptian where it's fucking chaotic government wise right now, no wonder you hate your country. You know Ghandi the movie was produced by an American company right? Otherwise you would have never heard of his ass.

oh and fuck you OP, I was in my countries military. Does that drive you insane?
__________________
"Little Jiminy Cricket"; Fantasy Wrestling Leauge




The Swiss Superman
cesaro_ROCKS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:03 PM   #25 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 6,432
Gandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth reading
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLY View Post
OP only posting this because he lives in shitty Egypt.

You wouldn't see an Aussie or an American post this garbage, because we live in awesome countries.

Egypt is about as irrelevant as the knockouts tag team title.
Actually,The first people who put this idea that nationalism and patriotism was stupid were American friends who hate America and the entire concept of nationalism and patriotism.As far as I've seen,Nobody says their country sucks more than americans,As for most Australians well they'r arrogant fuckwads who think being Australian means they're special which is just silly.

You're probably one of those white boys who thinks all Arabs are stupid barbarians that aren't worth shit,You don't even understand my point you're just spewing crap to keep on going "USA USA WOO WOO WOO WE'RE NUMBER ONE",Or maybe you're australian "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE" ah who gives a fuck you'd be an idiot either way.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMWit View Post
There in lies your problem you are making it seem like I was comparing the two which I was not, you asked me why I am proud of where I am from and I told you, I did not say I am frmo Boston/USA and am better than you, I never even mentioned your contry. Who cares if I do not know 99% of the people in my country still does nto change the fact that you can in fact be proud of people you do not know, that is what freedom allows you to do, I can be proud of a young girl from a few towns away who became the first american to win a gold medal in judo at the olympics, just cuz I do not know her does not mean I can't be proud of that acheivment, you need to open you mind up a bit there bud. Being this cloed minded will not help you in the future
Its not about comparing,Its just that I don't like seeing people go "I like my country because I'm from it" that just sounds stupid whats the point of saying that? America has caused ALLOT of shit worldwide,Its no "good country" its just a country like every other.Every country has its flaws so why bother even stick to one,I'd rather just go I'm human and I chase good opportunities not defend an entire nation because I hail from it.What I'm trying to say is,You should be proud of what YOU DO or those close to you.You saying everybody from the country is close to you? That kinda means you favor them over other people overseas...Woooops...

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMWit View Post
It's funny taht I could point out the stupid shit your country is doing, like issuing an arrest warrant for a guy who lives in Florida for making a FUCKING MOVIE, but instead let's look at the obvious reason to be proud to be from Egypt, you have one of the wonders of the world The Pyramids, I mean seriously your country built something that is completely amazing, do you not feel pride over the fact that your contry has blessed the world with something so spectacular?

Off to take my lunch time nap, it is a beautiful New England day, leaves are turning colors weather is near perfect, I am proud to take naps in my country, county, city, town
No.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post


You didn't say any reason for people to not feel patriotic. Just because some fucking idiot who makes a rant on WF seems to think being patriotic is dumb, doesn't mean it is. Coming from an Egyptian where it's fucking chaotic government wise right now, no wonder you hate your country. You know Ghandi the movie was produced by an American company right? Otherwise you would have never heard of his ass.

oh and fuck you OP, I was in my countries military. Does that drive you insane?
I'm the only Egyptian I know who would ignore his country's flag,All other Egyptians I know think Egypt is the best nation in the world.Yeah Egypt's in chaos now,That doesn't really change anything I'd still hate nationalism and patriotism if Egypt was 100% good.

Also,I only put Gandhi on my useraname because of a cartoon called Clone High,Lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rush View Post
Its like anything, there is nothing wrong with being proud of being Australian (in my case) or even just merely liking the country, culture etc however some people take it too extremes which is a bit ridiculous. Like there are many 'proud australians' who think all foreigners should fuck off back to where they came from and that this is our country etc which is a moronic view especially as we were founded a couple hundred years back by people arriving on boats who then brought their convicts over to build shit.

However, there is a distinction between that attitude that all immigrants should fuck off and the attitude that anyone who dislikes Australia, and our way off life to fuck off out of the country. To use a recent example, muslims in an anti-USA riot in Australia over an American video. Those cunts can get the fuck out. Hate westeners/christians/australians etc then why live here?
Holy shit,I agree with everything here! I think this thread should end on this.Nahhhhh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crusade View Post
Wow some of this rant is stupid. First of all you are talking as if Patriotism and Nationalism are the same thing when they are not. Nationalism means to give more importance to unity by way of a cultural background, including language and heritage. Patriotism pertains to the love for a nation, with more emphasis on values and beliefs. Nationalism is a feeling that one’s country is superior to another in all respects, while patriotism is merely a feeling of admiration for a way of life. To be patriotic is to simply be proud of a country's ideals, beliefs and history. It is not the feeling your country is superior like Nationalism.

What is wrong being proud of your own country's heritage, ideals and history? What is wrong with being proud of the good things that a country has gone? Its not ignoring all the bad stuff your own country has done, its simply acknowledging the good of one's own country. Absolutely nothing wrong with it. That is patriotism. You used Hitler as a very broad, general and extreme example to back up your argument whilst again failing to see nationalism and patriotism are different. Sweeping generalizations like that do not back up the point as to why people shouldn't be proud of the good things there particular nation has done or stands for.

There are some good points you make, like no one should tell you you are a traitor because you want to move out and people should acknowledge their countries flaws as well as their strengths. I agree with those points, especially the former. Who the fuck should tell you you are a traitor because you want to move somewhere else? You are rightly angry about that. But to take these points you are clearly angry about and to make a sweeping generalization like you have, particularly linking patriotism and nationalism as exactly the same almost entirely undermines those points.
Patriotism is loyalty to one's country for what it has done. Nationalism is loyalty to one's country no matter what is has done. a Patriot defends his country loyally even if it's wrong, while a nationalist defends its coutry because he feels the need to prove he is right. Patriotism is relaxes, and Nationalism is rigid.

Tbh,Both sound fucking stupid to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kregnaz View Post
Pride is always about something you achieved. You couldn't choose, where you were born and you had no influence to the past of the place you were born. Therefore Patriotism/Nationalism is absolutely ilogical. Don't be proud about where you were born, you didn't contribute anything to the geographical coordinates of your moms vag during birth. You can be GLAD you were born in Xyz because of different reasons, but if you are >proud< your just plain stupid
You win.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic217556_8.gif

Ulfric Stormcloak; not a racist, not a megalomaniac, not a savage, but a hero with heart & ambition.

All hail to Ulfric you are the High King
In your great honor we drink and we sing
We're the children of Skyrim and we fight all our lives
And when Sovngarde beckons everyone of us dies

We drink to our youth to the days come and gone
For the age of oppression is now nearly done

Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:14 PM   #26 (permalink)
Acknowledged by SCOTT STEINER
 
CMWit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,364
CMWit CMWit CMWit CMWit CMWit CMWit CMWit CMWit CMWit CMWit CMWit
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Actually,The first people who put this idea that nationalism and patriotism was stupid were American friends who hate America and the entire concept of nationalism and patriotism.As far as I've seen,Nobody says their country sucks more than americans,As for most Australians well they'r arrogant fuckwads who think being Australian means they're special which is just silly.

You're probably one of those white boys who thinks all Arabs are stupid barbarians that aren't worth shit,You don't even understand my point you're just spewing crap to keep on going "USA USA WOO WOO WOO WE'RE NUMBER ONE",Or maybe you're australian "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE" ah who gives a fuck you'd be an idiot either way.


Its not about comparing,Its just that I don't like seeing people go "I like my country because I'm from it" that just sounds stupid whats the point of saying that? America has caused ALLOT of shit worldwide,Its no "good country" its just a country like every other.Every country has its flaws so why bother even stick to one,I'd rather just go I'm human and I chase good opportunities not defend an entire nation because I hail from it.What I'm trying to say is,You should be proud of what YOU DO or those close to you.You saying everybody from the country is close to you? That kinda means you favor them over other people overseas...Woooops...


No.



I'm the only Egyptian I know who would ignore his country's flag,All other Egyptians I know think Egypt is the best nation in the world.Yeah Egypt's in chaos now,That doesn't really change anything I'd still hate nationalism and patriotism if Egypt was 100% good.

Also,I only put Gandhi on my useraname because of a cartoon called Clone High,Lol.



Holy shit,I agree with everything here! I think this thread should end on this.Nahhhhh



Patriotism is loyalty to one's country for what it has done. Nationalism is loyalty to one's country no matter what is has done. a Patriot defends his country loyally even if it's wrong, while a nationalist defends its coutry because he feels the need to prove he is right. Patriotism is relaxes, and Nationalism is rigid.

Tbh,Both sound fucking stupid to me.



You win.
So yeah it is pointless to try and debate this with you if you feel that way, I do not feel in any sort of way I am or my country is better than any others, nor did I say that but if that is how you take people feeling pride for their contry then that is how you feel even it is moronic to put words into peoples mouths. So That is all I have to say on the matter.
__________________
HOME
CMWit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #27 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 852
Warren Zevon Warren Zevon
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

I don't really get it either. I didn't choose where I was born, why should I be obligated to be proud of my country? I'm all for people having their reasons or just being proud of their country for the sake of it, but it isn't my cup of tea.
Warren Zevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:17 PM   #28 (permalink)
Shooting the birds down from the trees
 
BULLY's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Salma Hayek.
Posts: 4,505
BULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselvesBULLY has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi View Post
Actually,The first people who put this idea that nationalism and patriotism was stupid were American friends who hate America and the entire concept of nationalism and patriotism.As far as I've seen,Nobody says their country sucks more than americans,As for most Australians well they'r arrogant fuckwads who think being Australian means they're special which is just silly.

You're probably one of those white boys who thinks all Arabs are stupid barbarians that aren't worth shit,You don't even understand my point you're just spewing crap to keep on going "USA USA WOO WOO WOO WE'RE NUMBER ONE",Or maybe you're australian "AUSSIE AUSSIE AUSSIE" ah who gives a fuck you'd be an idiot either way.
Nope. I'm neither. I was born in New Zealand. My girlfriend is half arab/ half persian so no, I don't think they are "stupid barbarians."

Unlike yourself she is proud of where she comes from, as am I. You shouldn't begrudge someone just because they are proud of where they come from.

Just because you're ashamed to come from Egypt, don't take your insecurities out on everyone else.
__________________
BULLY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:18 PM   #29 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: DEUTSCHLAND
Posts: 6,535
Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman Patrick Bateman
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

DEUTSCHLAND!
Patrick Bateman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2012, 01:26 PM   #30 (permalink)
Vince gives me a comedy gimmick
 
Gandhi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Cairo, Egypt
Posts: 6,432
Gandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth readingGandhi has posts worth reading
Default Re: Nationalism and Patriotism are fucking retarded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BULLY View Post
Nope. I'm neither. I was born in New Zealand. My girlfriend is half arab/ half persian so no, I don't think they are "stupid barbarians."

Unlike yourself she is proud of where she comes from, as am I. You shouldn't begrudge someone just because they are proud of where they come from.

Just because you're ashamed to come from Egypt, don't take your insecurities out on everyone else.
You'd be an idiot if you thought I was ashamed of Egypt,You probably don't even get what I'm trying to say and just spew crap because you want to keep on thinking its ok to be proud of things you didn't do.Your girlfriend isn't very sharp then.
__________________
http://www.wrestlingforum.com/signaturepics/sigpic217556_8.gif

Ulfric Stormcloak; not a racist, not a megalomaniac, not a savage, but a hero with heart & ambition.

All hail to Ulfric you are the High King
In your great honor we drink and we sing
We're the children of Skyrim and we fight all our lives
And when Sovngarde beckons everyone of us dies

We drink to our youth to the days come and gone
For the age of oppression is now nearly done

Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright © 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios