Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney - Page 9 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply

Old 09-07-2012, 06:01 PM   #81 (permalink)
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,023
Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands Mister Hands
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
The way how GlassBreaks is threated in this thread is a typical response "It's 2012! You must accept gays" but on the other hand people are in 2012 not ready to accept other opinions like this of GlassBreaks.
The guy feels uncomfortable and this is his right.
Sure, it's his right to feel uncomfortable. But his discomfort shouldn't dictate policy. Neither should Romney's, or anyone's.
__________________


Mister Hands is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 09-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #82 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Crona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,094
Crona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friends
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
The way how GlassBreaks is threated in this thread is a typical response "It's 2012! You must accept gays" but on the other hand people are in 2012 not ready to accept other opinions like this of GlassBreaks.
The guy feels uncomfortable and this is his right.

Don't blame people like GlassBreaks for thinking that all gays are hypersexual who want to fuck all the time. Thank the homosexuals for dressing like Mr. Slave or a giant penis on those parades. It's their fault for dressing and acting like that instead of fightig for their rights in a rightful way.
People don't accept his opinion anymore because it's fucking archaic and obviously wrong, he has every right to have an opinion but it's still fucking wrong. Hitler hated Jews, if I was alive during that time would your argument work then? No, it wouldn't.

Awesome example of using extremes to illustrate your argument that it isn't his fault as to why he is wrong. I see that kind of thing too and do not believe that all gay guys want to fuck all the time, as do many other people.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it in this one too... Homophobia is wrong in the same way racism, antisemitism and other forms of bigotry are wrong in that it denies them their humanity, personhood, and dignity. Now who the fuck are you, GlassBreaks, or anyone else to do that?

GlassBreaks is correct on two accounts: (1) Everyone should be treated equal; (2) There should be no sexual harassment in the military or anywhere for that matter.
__________________
"Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"
Crona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #83 (permalink)
Working on my possession
 
DualShock's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: Bosnia-Herzegovina
Posts: 4,447
DualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselvesDualShock is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_JBennett View Post
Awesome example of using extremes to illustrate your argument that it isn't his fault as to why he is wrong. I see that kind of thing too and do not believe that all gay guys want to fuck all the time, as do many other people.
These extremes like dressing up like a sex slave is common on every parade and even homosexuals would admit it. In fact many homosexuals are ashamed of those parades and they don't attend it because of the stereotypes.
I would have no problem if 30-50 homosexual couples would organize a parade across the town holding hands but the current parades look like a bad sick porn.
My example is not extreme or over the top, it's something that is common on every parade.
__________________
June 23 1996 - October 5th 1999
The real Attitude Era

http://www.pyroandballyhoo.com/




DualShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 06:58 PM   #84 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Crona's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 2,094
Crona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friendsCrona needs to make some friends
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by DualShock View Post
These extremes like dressing up like a sex slave is common on every parade and even homosexuals would admit it. In fact many homosexuals are ashamed of those parades and they don't attend it because of the stereotypes.
I would have no problem if 30-50 homosexual couples would organize a parade across the town holding hands but the current parades look like a bad sick porn.
My example is not extreme or over the top, it's something that is common on every parade.
You just contradicted yourself there. They are extremes, but when you use them as examples they are not extreme? Yah, it's common in GAY PRIDE PARADES, but it's still an extreme form of expression.
__________________
"Everything anybody ever valued or struggled for... it's all a monstrous, demented gag! So why can't you see the funny side? Why aren't you laughing?"
Crona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #85 (permalink)
Searching for a new identity
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: DMV
Posts: 5,815
#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push#Mark is getting a push
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

You're in the middle of a fucking war and the most important thing to you is how uncomfortable you are because of another persons sexuality? Shouldn't you be concerned with surviving instead of others sexuality?

Last edited by #Mark : 09-07-2012 at 08:25 PM.
#Mark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 08:23 PM   #86 (permalink)
Meltzer said I'm a good worker
 
kobra860's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2005
Location: Maryland
Posts: 8,942
kobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missedkobra860 probably won't be missed
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by fergieska View Post
But this isn't a legitimate point. The guy would prefer the "don't ask don't tell policy" due to his irrational views. That's a picture perfect example of a non-legitmate reason.
What people do in the bedroom should stay private.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_JBennett View Post
People don't accept his opinion anymore because it's fucking archaic and obviously wrong, he has every right to have an opinion but it's still fucking wrong. Hitler hated Jews, if I was alive during that time would your argument work then? No, it wouldn't.

Awesome example of using extremes to illustrate your argument that it isn't his fault as to why he is wrong. I see that kind of thing too and do not believe that all gay guys want to fuck all the time, as do many other people.

I said it in another thread and I'll say it in this one too... Homophobia is wrong in the same way racism, antisemitism and other forms of bigotry are wrong in that it denies them their humanity, personhood, and dignity. Now who the fuck are you, GlassBreaks, or anyone else to do that?

GlassBreaks is correct on two accounts: (1) Everyone should be treated equal; (2) There should be no sexual harassment in the military or anywhere for that matter.
I'm sick of people making Hitler comparisons when they don't fit. Most people out there aren't 100% comfortable with gay people. Everyone is the most liberal person in the world until their son or daughter comes out of the closet then people show their true feelings. Some people may not flinch at all but most people will take a while to accept it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C_JBennett View Post
You just contradicted yourself there. They are extremes, but when you use them as examples they are not extreme? Yah, it's common in GAY PRIDE PARADES, but it's still an extreme form of expression.
Extremes? If you look at the pictures from gay pride parades it's almost the equivalent of a minstrel show for gay people. All of the worst gay stereotypes are perpetuated and people try to pass it off as liberating for them. Sexual orientation and other aspects of sexuality shouldn't be publicized in that manner.
__________________
Thank you Edge.

Chris Jericho, The Shield, CM Punk, Fandango, Daniel Bryan, Primetime Players, Zack Ryder, Dolph Ziggler, The Miz, Alex Riley

Christian, Mark Henry, Damien Sandow, Randy Orton, Cody Rhodes, Kaitlyn, AJ

TNA: Mr. Anderson, Madison Rayne, Velvet Sky, Samoa Joe, Austin Aries, Kazarian & Daniels


Last edited by kobra860 : 09-07-2012 at 08:44 PM.
kobra860 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #87 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Minnesota
Posts: 852
Warren Zevon Warren Zevon
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Not too high on the idea of gays in the military, and I definitely don't think they should be getting married.
Warren Zevon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:05 PM   #88 (permalink)
Old School
 
Olympus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: With my auntie and uncle in Bel Air
Posts: 4,782
Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus Olympus
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
Accusations of homophobia get thrown around way too much. No matter how open minded someone is, it seems like anyone who says anything against certain parts of the gay culture or the gay "movement" gets called a homophobe even if they have legitimate points. One example is the gay pride parades which just perpetuate negative stereotypes about gay people and their media images.
But he didn't have a legitimate point. He's a homophobe judging by his posts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassBreaks View Post
I am against gay marriage in the context of the original post where two male or female lovers would get the same benefits as a straight married couple.


It's not homophobia. That's a politically correct buzzword that you guys use to try and slander someone who disagrees with your point. No one here ever said gays join the military to pick up on guys.
YOU HAVE AN IRRATIONAL FEAR OF GAYS. You'd prefer to avoid them if humanly possible. That's the exact definition of homophobia. Saying gays don't deserve the benefits a straight couple does is discrimination and it alludes to the idea of them NOT being equal to everyone else the same way blacks were viewed by America for hundreds of years. Being Anti-Gay is the equivalent to being a racist.

Quote:
But if you've ever been in a desolate mountain area for months at a time in between your deployment leave, things get antsy and rough. You get urges. Gay guys will get urges just like straight ones and their choice is readily accessible.
So they're going to RAPE you? WTF? Because they're gay they all of a sudden are a subhuman race with no morals and would as quickly rape you as they would look at you? Such an ignorant train of thought.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobra860 View Post
What people do in the bedroom should stay private.
Exactly, but people still put their business out there. You know how many guys I've been around who talk about what girls they have fucked or want to fuck? No one cares about their business either but they still put it out there? Why are we singling out gays with "Don't Ask, Don't Tell"? It's discriminatory.

Quote:
Extremes? If you look at the pictures from gay pride parades it's almost the equivalent of a minstrel show for gay people. All of the worst gay stereotypes are perpetuated and people try to pass it off as liberating for them. Sexual orientation and other aspects of sexuality shouldn't be publicized in that manner.
Every race, culture, ethnicity, etc. has a stereotype and every single one of them is perpetuated by somebody. Just because SOME gays perpetuate a stereotype doesn't mean they're all the same just like whites, blacks, asians, etc. aren't the same. I'm a white guy that listens to rap, uses slang, and hangs around more blacks than I do whites. It's 2012, get over stereotypes because they're all stupid and ignorant. Thanks.
__________________

Last edited by Olympus : 09-07-2012 at 11:15 PM.
Olympus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:19 PM   #89 (permalink)
The Sundance Kid
 
CamillePunk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Raised by wolves
Posts: 10,251
CamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by SeabsCamillePunk is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post
Not too high on the idea of gays in the military, and I definitely don't think they should be getting married.
We're shocked. You don't deserve such an awesome username. An admin should change it to "Shithead".
__________________
CamillePunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:24 PM   #90 (permalink)
There are players and then there are pieces
 
Myers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Los Angeles is burning
Posts: 4,995
Myers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselvesMyers has made a name for themselves
Default Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren Zevon View Post
Not too high on the idea of gays in the military, and I definitely don't think they should be getting married.
Why? Not letting someone defend their country or letting them have the same rights as every other human being is the exact definition of bigotry.
__________________
Myers is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios