Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney - Page 2 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums
Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
post #11 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:05 PM
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassBreaks View Post
I'm a veteran, too. I completely disagree with the repeal of the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" rule and believe that marriage is solely between a man and a woman. I'm not religious either, so don't get me started on that Bible thumping bullshit. I'm not old school in the least. The simple fact of the matter is that many straight people in COMBAT ARMS not some supply, transportation or orderly room bullshit do not want homosexual males around them during downtime and on deployments. It's fucking uncomfortable, period.
then why let women serve?

reDREDD is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #12 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:10 PM
===Valar Morghulis===
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Attending the Funeral of the Lion of Lannister
Posts: 4,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi Juice View Post
Romney is scum.



Why though?
They don't even like the U.N. A large section of populace absolutely takes offense to the idea that we (America) need to follow someone elses' (Rest of the planet) lead. Europe, outside the U.K., are a regular source of derision.

Can't really psychoanalyze the Why, but it's pretty clear the stint as a lone superpower has left a stigma with following any other country, especially with the older section of the population.



=="Turn All Creation To Ash, Ryujin Jakka."==


Sig emerged from the dark & twisted mind of A$AP
Genesis 1.0 is offline  
post #13 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:19 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
then why let women serve?
Women serve strictly in support roles. Their standards are also much lower physically than males and even most of us don't think they should be in the Army. People don't get that the Infantry, Artillery, Armor, and Scouts ARE THE ARMY and everything else is SUPPORT.

The only time a male in Combat Arms sees a real, live woman is when they are on a Forward Operating Base (FOB) going to or coming from a Combat Out Post (COP) or Fire Base (FB) where they might have a poster of Pamela Anderson on the wall and a hard drive with a shitload of porn.
Glass Shatters is offline  
post #14 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:30 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quasi Juice View Post

Why though?
Because if you rationalize what your country is going to do off of what another country has already done, it opens up a floodgate of, "Well, such and such a country doesn't allow guns and they also have a low rate of crime, we need to do that to be like such and such a country."

The United States of America was built on a set of laws and rules that other countries simply do not believe in. You let one thing slide like this gay marriage nonsense, next thing you know we'll have ATF kicking your door in because you have a Glock in the bedroom drawer for defense of your home. That's just an example, not a pro-gun tirade.
Glass Shatters is offline  
post #15 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:40 PM
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassBreaks View Post
Because if you rationalize what your country is going to do off of what another country has already done, it opens up a floodgate of, "Well, such and such a country doesn't allow guns and they also have a low rate of crime, we need to do that to be like such and such a country."

The United States of America was built on a set of laws and rules that other countries simply do not believe in. You let one thing slide like this gay marriage nonsense, next thing you know we'll have ATF kicking your door in because you have a Glock in the bedroom drawer for defense of your home. That's just an example, not a pro-gun tirade.
So America is the greatest country in the world, should not try to take good ideas from anywhere else and try to apply them to develop the country further, America should never evolve, and gay marriage will lead to an Orwellian police state

So America is above improvement? That no other place can come up with good ideas? That change is scary?

Part of what's wrong in America is the reluctance to push forward. America used to be number 1 in so many fields, in paved the way in how a country and democracy should be set up, in education and health. America was inspired by the best ideas of western Europe, greek and roman civilisations, and the native america tribes. And yet now its completely inconceivable that America may need new ideas or improvement?

reDREDD is offline  
post #16 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:47 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
So America is the greatest country in the world, should not try to take good ideas from anywhere else and try to apply them to develop the country further, America should never evolve, and gay marriage will lead to an Orwellian police state
What in the world are you even talking about right now? Where did I say anything that allowing gay marriage would enter the United States into an "Orwellian police state"? Oh, let me fucking guess, you selectively looked over the part where I said that it was just an example so you could try and play spin doctor on my post and make me look like some tin foil cap wearing doofus.

Also, I never once said we should not take anything from other countries to improve our own way of life. Your selective reading / spin doctoring kicked in again and you looked over where I said, "...if you rationalize what your country is going to do off of what another country has already done...". Nowhere did I say anything to the extent we should not improve ourselves. All I said was that we should not use France or Germany or Austria as an example for what we want to do. We should do what we want to do because we want to do it.

I try not to be hostile when in a discussion on an Internet forum, but you just completely made up your own shit to respond to. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post because you fucked up the parts I responded to already so bad.
Glass Shatters is offline  
post #17 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:55 PM
Celestial Messiah
 
reDREDD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 33,596
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Talking to you gives me brain cancer

I didnt say it could happen, but its just an example

see how this works?

both are absolutely insane examples.

explain to me how gay marriage is gonna let you lose your gun?

And yeah, I see no reason why America cannot use the example of other countries. Not following it to the letter but many programs and ideas have worked successfully in many parts of the world and those should be considered and adapted to America, and used. Like I said in my post, captain hypocrite. You accuse me of spin doctoring and selective reading, when you FUCKING PICK ONE SENTENCE and levy all your attack on it?

reDREDD is offline  
post #18 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:57 PM
Inappropriately tinkly music.
 
Mister Hands's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Sprachgefuhlland
Posts: 7,023
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassBreaks View Post
I'm a veteran, too. I completely disagree with the repeal of the "Don't Ask Don't Tell" rule and believe that marriage is solely between a man and a woman. I'm not religious either, so don't get me started on that Bible thumping bullshit. I'm not old school in the least. The simple fact of the matter is that many straight people in COMBAT ARMS not some supply, transportation or orderly room bullshit do not want homosexual males around them during downtime and on deployments. It's fucking uncomfortable, period.
I humbly suggest they get the fuck over it. If you're more uncomfortable about the gay man beside you than the fact that you're "in COMBAT ARMS", then you've got your priorities slightly wrong.



Mister Hands is offline  
post #19 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 03:59 PM
===Valar Morghulis===
 
Genesis 1.0's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Attending the Funeral of the Lion of Lannister
Posts: 4,783
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 3 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by GlassBreaks View Post
What in the world are you even talking about right now? Where did I say anything that allowing gay marriage would enter the United States into an "Orwellian police state"? Oh, let me fucking guess, you selectively looked over the part where I said that it was just an example so you could try and play spin doctor on my post and make me look like some tin foil cap wearing doofus.

Also, I never once said we should not take anything from other countries to improve our own way of life. Your selective reading / spin doctoring kicked in again and you looked over where I said, "...if you rationalize what your country is going to do off of what another country has already done...". Nowhere did I say anything to the extent we should not improve ourselves. All I said was that we should not use France or Germany or Austria as an example for what we want to do. We should do what we want to do because we want to do it.

I try not to be hostile when in a discussion on an Internet forum, but you just completely made up your own shit to respond to. I'm not even going to bother with the rest of your post because you fucked up the parts I responded to already so bad.
Basically. Taking the things that are compatible from other countries & grafting them to the U.S. fabric is the key.



=="Turn All Creation To Ash, Ryujin Jakka."==


Sig emerged from the dark & twisted mind of A$AP
Genesis 1.0 is offline  
post #20 of 106 (permalink) Old 09-06-2012, 04:11 PM
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: New Orleans, LA
Posts: 2,197
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
                     
Re: Gay Veteran talks to Mitt Romney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redead View Post
Talking to you gives me brain cancer
No, staring at your computer screen all day while you average 15 posts daily on a wrestling forum is transmitting the cancer from your eyes to your brain.

Quote:
I didnt say it could happen, but its just an example

see how this works?

both are absolutely insane examples.

explain to me how gay marriage is gonna let you lose your gun?
Dude, you're a fucking trip. Let me define the word "example" for you.

Quote:
1. a specimen or instance that is typical of the group or set of which it forms part; sample
2. a person, action, thing, etc, that is worthy of imitation; pattern: you must set an example to the younger children
3. a precedent, illustration of a principle, or model: an example in a maths book
4. a punishment or the recipient of a punishment serving or intended to serve as a warning: the headmaster made an example of him
5. for example as an illustration; for instance
It's an example as an illustration. I never said that I would lose my guns if we allowed gays to marry, I said it was an example of JUSTIFYING YOUR COUNTRIES ACTIONS OFF OF ANOTHER'S. THERE ARE COUNTRIES THAT DO NOT ALLOW GUNS. SHOULD THE UNITED STATES ADHERE TO THIS BECAUSE OTHER COUNTRIES DO IT? NO. JUST LIKE THE UNITED STATES SHOULD NOT ALLOW GAY MARRIAGE BECAUSE EUROPE DOES IT. IF THE UNITED STATES WANTS TO HAVE GAY MARRIAGE IT SHOULD HAVE IT BECAUSE IT WANTS TO.

Do you understand my point? Maybe I should break it down into syllables? Maybe get your kindergarten teacher to explain it to you?

Quote:
And yeah, I see no reason why America cannot use the example of other countries. Not following it to the letter but many programs and ideas have worked successfully in many parts of the world and those should be considered and adapted to America, and used.
I agree. But doing it just because it has worked for another country is not a be all-end all. America should do it because America thinks it would work here, not because it worked for another country.

Quote:
Like I said in my post, captain hypocrite. You accuse me of spin doctoring and selective reading, when you FUCKING PICK ONE SENTENCE and levy all your attack on it?
I'm pretty sure you looked over the two biggest things I said and levied all your attacks and thoughts on them. I never said the United States should not have fresh ideas. Just like I never said that I would lose guns if gays married. You responded to that, though.

Last edited by Glass Shatters; 09-06-2012 at 04:16 PM. Reason: Got daily posts wrong.
Glass Shatters is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page



Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

 
For the best viewing experience please update your browser to Google Chrome