Are people who hate Apple just poor? - Page 7 - Wrestling Forum : WWE, TNA, Debate League, Wrestling Videos, Women of Wrestling Forums

View Poll Results: Where do you stand?

I own lots of Apple products and I'm very satisfied. 19 73.08%
I don't have enough money to buy Apple products. 4 15.38%
I am sick of my cheap Android phone but I can't afford an iPhone. 0 0%
I can't take this windows shit anymore and I want a Mac. 3 11.54%
Voters: 26. You may not vote on this poll

Reply

Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 PM   #61 (permalink)
THESE THOTS AIN'T LOYAL
 
scrilla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Location: chatbox
Posts: 15,340
scrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabsscrilla is probably liked by Seabs
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

apple sweatshops had the highest suicide rate of any in china. enjoy your blood computers.
__________________

#BELLA&HOOPLA
scrilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 

Old 07-27-2012, 07:37 PM   #62 (permalink)
What?
What?
 
Evolution's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 11,965
Evolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on repEvolution whored out on rep
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

Does it look like I care how many kids died putting my keyboard in?
Evolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:38 PM   #63 (permalink)
AND YOU SHINE MY SHOES IF I WANT YOU TO
 
JoseDRiveraTCR7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Bronx, NY
Posts: 9,666
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselvesJoseDRiveraTCR7 is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

Fact: Steve Jobs was a real life Lex Luthor.
__________________
JoseDRiveraTCR7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #64 (permalink)
Humbled
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Posts: 51
Fnix Fnix
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Froot View Post
Good lord, at least try to pretend you're putting effort in here. That's pretty embarrassing to look at.
Fnix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #65 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Zankman Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,158
Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ziggler Mark View Post
So you'l concede that it's a good product? hmmmmmm




So people buzzing about something makes it overrated? To me, when something is overrated it's because it's not as good as everyone makes it out to be. If people are talking about how good it is, and by your own admission you say it's good, then what exactly is overrated about it? I'm still waiting to see what makes the phone overrated? Is it not as good at something as you expect it to be? Or is it because you dont like how many people talk about the product?



Ok, look, Technology is overpriced throughout the industry. Buy a new smartphone without a contract and expect to pay 600 dollars for it, regardless of whether it's an android, iPhone, or windows mobile platform. If technology was so expensive to make, you wouldnt be able to get that same phone, on contract, for 20% of the price. When it comes to the pricing of Apple Products, yes, they overvalue their product, effectively pricing out a large number of end users.

Anyone will tell you that any mac machine is far more intuitive, and user-friendly than any windows-based computer. Am I JUSTIFYING their pricing? Absolutely not, but if there are people willing to pay exorbitant amounts of cash for your product, wouldn't you overprice as much as you could? Sure they could offer their product cheaper, to appeal to the entire world, but when you've established your product as a CULTURE, you tend to want to keep it somewhat exclusive.

I dont agree with the pricing strategy, but it's not something that makes a product "overrated"...




yeah, um...no one has ever said "MAH IPHONE HAS INSTAGRAM, ITS BETTER THAN YOUR ANDROID"...ever. Apple is an innovative company. Whether you choose to accept that is entirely up to you. But it really seems like you're just riding the bandwagon to Apple Hater City. It doesn't look good on you.
You're annoying. Stop calling me a hater, I told you already:
I don't hate on things, especially not mindlessly. I didn't come here to hate on Apple, I posted what I think about Apple and the people who are Apple's brainless followers; I didn't come here to hate on the "smart" consumers which actually know a thing or two (more than me, for example) and who know why they like Apple.
(and the OP made this thread as if no one has a reason to dislike Apple other than being poor).

I say it is overrated because everyone talks about it, a lot, and (at this point)I feel that it is no better than HTC's and Samsung's (mostly) Android phones; based on what I know, that is.
Them pricing their product above the norm (as you said yourself) and still selling millions of copies based only on brand name is - overrated. Especially since a lot of users don't even know why the product they bought is better than that of competitors.

I understand that concept of "establishing a culture" and "exclusivity"; I understand that they are doing it and I understand why they are doing it (brand loyalty and brand value, it all comes down to profit), I'm just saying that I don't like stuff like that.
I hate it when people/things/products start a god-damn cult, since, you know, with every cult come its cultists, overzealous and biased people.

How do you know whether anyone has said that "ever"? I wouldn't mention that very sentence if I hadn't seen it somewhere.
As for the Mac thing: No, just no. I've seen/tried Macs and they don't hold up to a good PC in any way.
You know (partially) why? Because I've been using Windows for my entire life. See how that works? Even though I am trying not to be, I am slightly biased because of that. Ask yourself whether you are as well.
__________________
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/063/e/2/curt_hawkins_by_guilhermefaraco-d4rqwcn.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstro1988 View Post
Really, really enjoyed this week's Superstars. Honestly, the fans who are too snobbish to watch it, dismissing it as 'Jobberstars' really miss out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Extra- View Post
This post really makes you too smart for a '12er, doesn't it? Your new join date is 2008.
Zankman Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 11:33 AM   #66 (permalink)
@delecast
 
dele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northeast Wisconsin
Posts: 4,099
dele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?




A few things that I have to say:

1. "Apple gets less viruses!" Well, no shit it doesn't. Any self respecting company that isn't a small Graphic Design business is going to use PC based equipment/OS for networking. Why don't people make trojans/viruses for Mac? Because besides a few slick-looking photoshop files, you're not going to damage a whole lot.

2. "Apple's customer service rocks!" My girlfriend, who is finishing up her grad research in Peru, came back a few weeks ago and had to get a new Mac power cord for her friend. Not a repair, not a reboot of the system, A FUCKING POWER CORD. We went into the store in Columbus (her hometown), and they literally refused to see us because we didn't have an appointment. We make an appointment in Milwaukee (as we were going through there on the way to my house) for 3:30. We get in at around 12:30 and the place is dead. I walk up to the faggy customer service guy and tell him the situation. Again, literally refused to service us, saying "these guys deal with really complicated stuff, and I don't know how to do it." Are you fucking kidding me? It's a damn power cord! We ended up waiting in Milwaukee for 2 hours only to be seen by a "genius," who promptly pulled a cord out of a drawer and gave it to us.

3. Have fun with a computer that has less USB outlets than my first PC laptop 10 years ago.

4. Have fun with a company that charges you for a service pack update that Windows or Linux wouldn't dare charge you for.

5. More expensive =/= Better. It just creates the impression that it's better. I can go on Tiger Direct and build my own computer for half the cost of a Mac with twice the power and the same reliability. Most of the time, computer problems are caused by the dipshit running the system, not the system itself.
__________________

Jun Kasai > You
dele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:15 PM   #67 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Zankman Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,158
Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dele View Post



A few things that I have to say:

1. "Apple gets less viruses!" Well, no shit it doesn't. Any self respecting company that isn't a small Graphic Design business is going to use PC based equipment/OS for networking. Why don't people make trojans/viruses for Mac? Because besides a few slick-looking photoshop files, you're not going to damage a whole lot.

2. "Apple's customer service rocks!" My girlfriend, who is finishing up her grad research in Peru, came back a few weeks ago and had to get a new Mac power cord for her friend. Not a repair, not a reboot of the system, A FUCKING POWER CORD. We went into the store in Columbus (her hometown), and they literally refused to see us because we didn't have an appointment. We make an appointment in Milwaukee (as we were going through there on the way to my house) for 3:30. We get in at around 12:30 and the place is dead. I walk up to the faggy customer service guy and tell him the situation. Again, literally refused to service us, saying "these guys deal with really complicated stuff, and I don't know how to do it." Are you fucking kidding me? It's a damn power cord! We ended up waiting in Milwaukee for 2 hours only to be seen by a "genius," who promptly pulled a cord out of a drawer and gave it to us.

3. Have fun with a computer that has less USB outlets than my first PC laptop 10 years ago.

4. Have fun with a company that charges you for a service pack update that Windows or Linux wouldn't dare charge you for.

5. More expensive =/= Better. It just creates the impression that it's better. I can go on Tiger Direct and build my own computer for half the cost of a Mac with twice the power and the same reliability. Most of the time, computer problems are caused by the dipshit running the system, not the system itself.
Love the picture, haha, though I'd maybe switch the Wii with the Mac, or just put them at the same level.
As for your points, well, no. 2 is just a weirdly bad experience, I'd imagine that things like that are rare.
__________________
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/063/e/2/curt_hawkins_by_guilhermefaraco-d4rqwcn.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstro1988 View Post
Really, really enjoyed this week's Superstars. Honestly, the fans who are too snobbish to watch it, dismissing it as 'Jobberstars' really miss out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Extra- View Post
This post really makes you too smart for a '12er, doesn't it? Your new join date is 2008.
Zankman Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 01:24 PM   #68 (permalink)
@delecast
 
dele's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Northeast Wisconsin
Posts: 4,099
dele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselvesdele is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

In regards to my customer service situation being an "isolated incident." Customer service reviews pulled from http://www.customerservicescoreboard.com/Apple

Quote:
Don't get me wrong, I love my Apple products, but Apple customer service is appalling. They will not talk to you until you make an appointment and drive a 3 hour round trip to see the "genius" bar. Then they tell you that The repair will cost you more than buying a new phone from ATT! Why they cannot give an estimate is beyond me. I am leaving apple and will not buy any apple products until they fix this infuriating problem.
Quote:
1/8/12 Purchased new Macbook Pro 15"

5/13/12 Mac crashed. Could not boot up.

5/14/12 Took to Genius Bar - they had to repartition and erase my hard drive. It would now boot up. They said "it happens sometimes."

The next day I left the country for a month, took an old PC instead since the Mac had been acting up.

6/20/12 Returned from out of country - Turned on Mac. Said updates needed on OS X. After 1 hour got error msg. said "file corrupted - cannot update"

6/20/12 Took to Apple tech. Hard drive bad. Said "electronics can fail - it happens sometimes"

6/25/12 Hard drive replaced

6/25/12 Did not fix problem. Needs new logic board. Need to ship back to Apple.

6/25/12 I called Apple Customer Service, said I wanted a new machine. They said "No," we will continue repairs because it's under mfg warranty.

I don't want a machine (mfg warranty or not) that is only 6 mo old/with a replaced hard-drive and a replaced logic board. A $2,500 piece of equipment 6 months old that they will not replace and it's on its third repair? Really??

I still do not have a working Mac as it was sent back to Apple to replace logic board. I had no choice. When it returns, I will sell it, take my losses and go back to a PC.

Apple Customer Serv has been rude and uncooperative. They said the Apple Store had authority to replace. Apple Store said Customer Serv was the only one who could authorize replacement. Everybody sends me in another direction.

Note: Apple Store tech would not give me a print out of the work they performed saying it was "internal information" and Apple would have everything in their records anyway.
Why is the owner (me) of the Mac not allowed to have documentation on what was done??

I have 4 PC's at home and 7 PC's at my company. I got a Mac because they were supposed to be technically savvy and component top-notch. I thought they were supposed to be superior. Errrr, that would be a "no." "
__________________

Jun Kasai > You
dele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:04 PM   #69 (permalink)
Oxi
BANKS
 
Oxi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: The Bank
Posts: 9,914
Oxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselvesOxi is making a name for themselves
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

Honestly I think the people who don't like apple are just bandwagon fucktards if anything. I don't like apple but I have my reasons, namely because there's limited games/game ability (much like Linux without "wine").

So, kind of, OP. Most people who hate apple are either bandwagon ......s or don't want to pay that amount of money to have a sub-optimal computer.

I'd say most people who hate apple products are PC gamers, so it does make sense.
__________________

thx2: tater, rah, allur, george CANTSTANDYA, champ., anark, a$ap, champviadq
Oxi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 02:47 PM   #70 (permalink)
Little Poppa Pump
 
Zankman Jack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Serbia
Posts: 2,158
Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack Zankman Jack
Default Re: Are people who hate Apple just poor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxitron View Post
Honestly I think the people who don't like apple are just bandwagon fucktards if anything. I don't like apple but I have my reasons, namely because there's limited games/game ability (much like Linux without "wine").

So, kind of, OP. Most people who hate apple are either bandwagon ......s or don't want to pay that amount of money to have a sub-optimal computer.

I'd say most people who hate apple products are PC gamers, so it does make sense.
This.
That's why god-damn console gaming is so widespread, because so many people in the world have useless Macs where gaming is veeeeeeeeeeeeery limited.
__________________
http://fc01.deviantart.net/fs71/f/2012/063/e/2/curt_hawkins_by_guilhermefaraco-d4rqwcn.png

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elstro1988 View Post
Really, really enjoyed this week's Superstars. Honestly, the fans who are too snobbish to watch it, dismissing it as 'Jobberstars' really miss out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Extra- View Post
This post really makes you too smart for a '12er, doesn't it? Your new join date is 2008.
Zankman Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On


VerticalSports
Baseball Forum Golf Forum Boxing Forum Snowmobile Forum
Basketball Forum Soccer Forum MMA Forum PWC Forum
Football Forum Cricket Forum Wrestling Forum ATV Forum
Hockey Forum Volleyball Forum Paintball Forum Snowboarding Forum
Tennis Forum Rugby Forums Lacrosse Forum Skiing Forums
Copyright (C) Verticalscope Inc Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.3.2
Powered by vBulletin Copyright 2000-2009 Jelsoft Enterprises Limited.
vBCredits v1.4 Copyright ©2007, PixelFX Studios