Originally Posted by Rush
i'm a huge Durant fan but he is not a better player than Lebron.
Yeah but you probably watch soccer and god knows if you have ever played a sport in your life. For god's sake you treat this forum like its your fraternity or gang or something.
Lebron is a pampered lil bitch. In all honesty, no player can get the media attention Lebron has gotten from high school and be a legit player. I mean seriously, what separated Lebron from everyone else as far back as high school? He was 6'7" bastard with athletic ability. That is not as rare as people want you to think it is and even better it doesn't make you an athletic given. Signing up to be a corporate stooge for his life is what made him a given. People knowing that guy's name and no one knowing you is A HUGE FACTOR.
He was groomed and pampered, which is why MJ hates his ass. In all seriousness though, regardless of any of that he is not better than Durant or Kobe at all, and certainly all time he is not even top 20.
I would also suggest taking your feeble sports mind and wrapping up the last 11 years since September 11, 2001 up in a lil ball. All the soccer, rigged NFL games, rigged NBA games and steroids scandals and throw them right out the window. Today sports is solely about $$$. I mean it is as fake as the WWE. Every year the games come closer and closer down to the wire for revenues.
For god's sake just look at what has changed since 2001:
- Boston Red Sox win a world series and now have a juggernaut rivalry with the Yankees. The curse of the great Bambino is finally broken.
- T(errible)om Brady comes from Michigan(where he did nothing) and replaces Drew Bledsoe a week after 9/11 to win several Super Bowls and establish the NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS(of all teams) as the team of that decade.
- The Pittsburgh Steelers win a Super Bowl for Jerome Bettis in his hometown of Detroit. Despite being a wild card team that absolutely sucked the prior year and several lofty 'fate' breaking plays later have won a few more Super Bowls with Ben Worthlessburger. On top of the year they beat Arizona, the team was bankrupt and the Rooney's discussing how their failing gambling industry(NFL team owners mind you)was going to force them to sell the franchise.
- New Orleans Saints won a Super Bowl. Enough said.
- Every fucking NHL Stanley Cup Finals now goes to 7 games.
- LeBron emerges as the NBA face despite Kobe winning 6 titles and the disappearance of MJ. LeBron is picked by the Cleveland Cavaliers, a city that has no success(well they do have 8 AFL Championships with the Browns but THOSE AREN'T SUPER BOWLS )which also happens to be in Lebron's home state right next to his home city. HMMMMMMMMMMMMMM... Then Jay Z throws some lyrics out about how Jesus is paying Lebron and he is paying Dwayne Wade. Regardless, LeBron didn't prove himself with the Cavs so he doesn't deserve the credit now.
- Barry Bonds, Mark McGuire and Sammy Sosa destroy home-run records last decade. Now they are being destroyed by steroids.
I mean throughout all this the industries still thrive. Why? Because the masses are dumb enough to believe that these guys actually are so much better athletes than everyone else.
If you just watch LeBron play though, its not much different than watching John Cena win matches. For one LeBron never gets fouls called on him. He has awful form but he does not creatively dunk either. His dribbling is a joke and anyone that has ever played basketball and really watches will tell you that. The two things he legit can do are; REBOUND and DRIVE. But outside of that he is hands down not skilled. His padded 'assists' and 'passing' are always easy yet not fundamental abuses of angles and most often are overshadowed by one pass that looks interesting. He never makes anything in the clutch but layups or free throws(sometimes and usually because he just is put on the line for nothing). His three pointers are streaky, which suggests he is not skilled with those at all. His footwork on defense is atrocious. When he steals the ball or block the ball he usually commits a foul that isn't called. He has very little fundamental skills at all. No effort boxing out, rarely hustles and he alone cannot make your team win.
Essentially, he is an anointed average player. Durant however is winning his teams games by himself. He is fundamental as hell. His shot is the best example of a fundamental jump shot I have ever seen from an NBA player, outside of Duncan abusing those Wake Forest short backboard shots(as a big man). He has hustle on defense and looks like a defender not some guy on a free ride. One huge thing is Durant can actually dribble for his size. Another though is that he does make clutch shots. Which Kobe and LeBron do not do. He can drive. He can rebound. His passing doesn't pad his stats but its fundamental and through the designed plays, which shows his basketball IQ. Did I mention fucking defense? Even if I did the man is most impressive as a defender. He has only been around a short time and he absolutely displays a basketball IQ and team fluidity(with a weaker squad than what LeBron had in Cleveland). The man will probably go down as Clyde Drexler or James Worthy, but those two were unbelievably better than 97% of players ever in the NBA.
Regardless, stop acting like LeBron is hands down better than Durant. That in itself shows your just a casual fan. Worst case scenario they are tied with Kobe.